FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > London > Bad choice for meet

Bad choice for meet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So after couple of days chat, today we decided to meet, near to her place. Even after tube strike I managed to reach home on time, took shower, purchased her fav wine and message her, I will reach in 20 mins and made it on time, again informed her that I am waiting near to tube station. She took sweet 15-20 mins to reply with excuse that she is waiting for delivery and cannot come out and (I was fine to meet outside hence not persist to share her home location) then another 20 mins passed and I got message from her to wait, but no response when I asked, how long? So finally pissed off and gave wine bottle to homeless guy (at least he would be happy from this meet), learn it hard way. Why do people don't care about others effort, time and money? She could have told me I am not ready to meet when I sent 1st message or could have postpone for another day? Is other fabbers went through same scenario? How do you filter time waisters?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Could have been a man or a kid. Could have been a woman who wasn't who you thought it really was. It happened to me once. £100 on a hotel. Don't know why they do it but it was a lesson learned.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Yes it has happened to me more than once. Has put me off meeting folk a bit.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’ve had the same. Arrange to meet in a public spot and they no show. Even after exchanging messages and pictures. Extremely annoying.

I sometimes think it’s just time wasters and fakes who are already at the meeting spot and get a kick out of actually seeing you turn up.

"So after couple of days chat, today we decided to meet, near to her place. Even after tube strike I managed to reach home on time, took shower, purchased her fav wine and message her, I will reach in 20 mins and made it on time, again informed her that I am waiting near to tube station. She took sweet 15-20 mins to reply with excuse that she is waiting for delivery and cannot come out and (I was fine to meet outside hence not persist to share her home location) then another 20 mins passed and I got message from her to wait, but no response when I asked, how long? So finally pissed off and gave wine bottle to homeless guy (at least he would be happy from this meet), learn it hard way. Why do people don't care about others effort, time and money? She could have told me I am not ready to meet when I sent 1st message or could have postpone for another day? Is other fabbers went through same scenario? How do you filter time waisters?"

Yep,had this happen and the booking of a hotel too when I was a couple..

pity there’s some still on the site that are disingenuous and only here to take the piss and not to actually meet

By *roticGoddessXXWoman  over a year ago

Richmond

It's pretty damn sick that people do this, but some seem to get off on it.

I had two who actually messaged me, after, saying they waited for me for 1/2 hour and I didn't show! (not true, I always, always show up when I say will).

I've only been stood up a very few times, but just went ahead with original plans and had a date with myself instead of a meet with someone else. Sad to say, they went better than quite a few actual meets did.

By *omeprideMan  over a year ago

Rhoose

I too have been stood up several times- once involving quite a trek and a wait in vain. I wonder where common courtesy has gone, but I guess it’s also worse for women as they have a greater volume of meets and the chances of having time wasted is therefore greater!

"Yes it has happened to me more than once. Has put me off meeting folk a bit."

With a body like yours i wouldnt be standing you up,when im in Glasgow next ill take you for a drink if you like x

That's awful that someone did that to you x

The person who stood me up I worked out was actually a serial catfish merchant. I only twigged after the event sadly. So yeah, some people do it purely for their own twisted kicks.

When I was 21 I decided to accept an offer of a blind date after chatting to a random girl online for a few days. Not to be deliberately cruel, but she was absolutely horrendous. I turned up and saw her waiting for me dressed in a bright sparkling outfit head to toe in broad daylight with greasy hair.

My initial reaction was to simply walk away and send a text saying sorry I changed my mind BUT I DID NOT. I bought her 2 drinks and made sure that she didn't end up feeling that she was worthless even though I had no interest in being there at all. Perhaps I didn't need to be so hospitable and accommodating. I am sure most people would have made their excuse and left. If history repeated itself (heaven forbid) I would probably hesitate and consider doing so but I would not just leave someone hanging without explanation or deliberately deceive someone into meeting with no intention of it happening. I think all the horror stories should be a warning sign to everyone but as most think with their dicks (or whatever) they are blinded by the possibilities and prefer to naively give the benefit of the doubt.

By *roticGoddessXXWoman  over a year ago

Richmond

"When I was 21 I decided to accept an offer of a blind date after chatting to a random girl online for a few days. Not to be deliberately cruel, but she was absolutely horrendous. I turned up and saw her waiting for me dressed in a bright sparkling outfit head to toe in broad daylight with greasy hair.

My initial reaction was to simply walk away and send a text saying sorry I changed my mind BUT I DID NOT. I bought her 2 drinks and made sure that she didn't end up feeling that she was worthless even though I had no interest in being there at all. Perhaps I didn't need to be so hospitable and accommodating. I am sure most people would have made their excuse and left. If history repeated itself (heaven forbid) I would probably hesitate and consider doing so but I would not just leave someone hanging without explanation or deliberately deceive someone into meeting with no intention of it happening. I think all the horror stories should be a warning sign to everyone but as most think with their dicks (or whatever) they are blinded by the possibilities and prefer to naively give the benefit of the doubt. "

THANK YOU for that. It's great to hear that you and many others have the decency to do this.

I do know I am not everyone's type, I don't expect to be. Knowing I've just met someone who was nice enough to spend a social chatting even knowing it won't go anywhere (from whichever side) shows there are great people in the world.

As an aside, I've known several people who ended up meeting the person of their dreams, both just for sex as well as to go on to relationships, by being introduced via that first meet that who wasn't their type.

» Add a new message to this topic