FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Skin changes...

Skin changes...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I saw an interesting report on the news today about hairdressers reporting clients having serious reactions to hair dye after contracting covid.

So even though these clients have had the same colour and brand before without any issues,since catching covid have started to react to the patch test.

There has been a number of people reporting changes to skin sensitivity after covid and I was just wondering if anyone had any issues.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

"I saw an interesting report on the news today about hairdressers reporting clients having serious reactions to hair dye after contracting covid.

So even though these clients have had the same colour and brand before without any issues,since catching covid have started to react to the patch test.

There has been a number of people reporting changes to skin sensitivity after covid and I was just wondering if anyone had any issues."

This isn't new. My hairdresser has been doing patch tests with every client routinely, because not everyone that had covid was symptomatic. I thought all hairdressers were aware of this and discussed it with every client.

"I saw an interesting report on the news today about hairdressers reporting clients having serious reactions to hair dye after contracting covid.

There has been a number of people reporting changes to skin sensitivity after covid and I was just wondering if anyone had any issues.

This isn't new. My hairdresser has been doing patch tests with every client routinely, because not everyone that had covid was symptomatic. I thought all hairdressers were aware of this and discussed it with every client."

I know it's not new im not saying they have just started doing patch tests.

The report was about people who have never reacted to the patch test before but since catching covid suddenly have.

This isn't new. My hairdresser has been doing patch tests with every client routinely, because not everyone that had covid was symptomatic. I thought all hairdressers were aware of this and discussed it with every client."

And they should be doing patch tests regardless!

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

We're learning new things daily about the impact of Covid on those who've been unfortunate enough to have suffered with this terrible illness.

Hopefully all hairdressers will now routinely ask their clients if they've had covid and do a patch test

"We're learning new things daily about the impact of Covid on those who've been unfortunate enough to have suffered with this terrible illness.

Hopefully all hairdressers will now routinely ask their clients if they've had covid and do a patch test"

You should be doing patch tests with every single client every time regardless of covid that has been the case for decades.

It's just interesting that people are having effects of all sorts of things that whenever an issue previously.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I'd imagine this is due to the effect the COVID infection has had on their immune system. Sounds like inflammatory response (aka allergy) - it's well known that viral infections caused can trigger autoimmunity. Guillain-Barré syndrome is an extreme example of this..

"I'd imagine this is due to the effect the COVID infection has had on their immune system. Sounds like inflammatory response (aka allergy) - it's well known that viral infections caused can trigger autoimmunity. Guillain-Barré syndrome is an extreme example of this.."

Now that is interesting and I suppose it makes sense I was just quite surprised by because it seems like an odd side effect I guess.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'd imagine this is due to the effect the COVID infection has had on their immune system. Sounds like inflammatory response (aka allergy) - it's well known that viral infections caused can trigger autoimmunity. Guillain-Barré syndrome is an extreme example of this.."

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

I have a good friend who owns a salon, and she’s had this a lot with regular clients! With things like lash glue too! I’ve always had sensitive skin, but it’s got a lot worse over the past year, also food intolerances have quadrupled! Tbh I just put it down to lockdown, change of diet, lifestyle, stress etc! Be Interesting to see the results if they research into it! Miss pc

"I have a good friend who owns a salon, and she’s had this a lot with regular clients! With things like lash glue too! I’ve always had sensitive skin, but it’s got a lot worse over the past year, also food intolerances have quadrupled! Tbh I just put it down to lockdown, change of diet, lifestyle, stress etc! Be Interesting to see the results if they research into it! Miss pc "

It's really interesting as there seems to be a lot of people that are having lasting effects and many seem quite surprising to me.

I do agree with you that there may be many factors at play.

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

A lot of my salon worker friends have been asking clients to come in and get patched tested again if you’ve tested positive or has the vaccine (on top of what they usually would be patch tested for).

I wasn’t sure why but this makes sense x

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

My hairdresser told me a while ago that some clients hair was not taking to the usual dye since being vaccinated.

Is this a piss take, is Jeremy Beadle about to pop out of a cupboard.......

"Is this a piss take, is Jeremy Beadle about to pop out of a cupboard....... "

Why would it be a piss take? some of the reactions have been so serious the women have nearly died.

By *otsMan  over a year ago

Higham

Unfortunately some people still dont get it.

You catch covid if your lucky very little happens, however, internally or extetnally such as the skin its a different story.

Those catching covid and recover never truly get a away scot free.

Covid damages cells, tissues, organs how much this happens seems to be a lottery unless ur Asian or Caribbean in ancestory those groups are at seripys risk.

So, yep, I can belive there's an issue dying hair just another nasty side effect.

"Unfortunately some people still dont get it.

You catch covid if your lucky very little happens, however, internally or extetnally such as the skin its a different story.

Those catching covid and recover never truly get a away scot free.

Covid damages cells, tissues, organs how much this happens seems to be a lottery unless ur Asian or Caribbean in ancestory those groups are at seripys risk.

So, yep, I can belive there's an issue dying hair just another nasty side effect."

I did catch Covid and seem so far to have been very lucky not to have any lasting effects but you are absolutely right and so many people think it isn't a problem because most don't die where as actually more information is coming out all the time about the lasting effects.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I have a good friend who owns a salon, and she’s had this a lot with regular clients! With things like lash glue too! I’ve always had sensitive skin, but it’s got a lot worse over the past year, also food intolerances have quadrupled! Tbh I just put it down to lockdown, change of diet, lifestyle, stress etc! Be Interesting to see the results if they research into it! Miss pc "

Glue and other "tacky" substances are well known allergens. I know I am allergic to colophony, which is used to make glues, tapes and other products sticky or tacky. I've been patch tested by the NHS and know about my allergy prior to COVID and so never bother with false lashes, nails, hair dye. I can't use most types of adhesive dressings/plasters, I've been allergic to shoes because the glue to stick the insole in has irritated my foot. I'm allergic to all sorts.

Basically, people starting with allergies to glues, dyes and other allergens after viral infection is fairly common and probably not unexpected in medical circles. The immune response to viral infections can mimic the autoimmune response.

No changes in my skin or anything else

"Is this a piss take, is Jeremy Beadle about to pop out of a cupboard.......

Why would it be a piss take? some of the reactions have been so serious the women have nearly died.

"

Died? What their hair, a shade of covid please

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Died? What their hair, a shade of covid please "

Charming.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

Died? What their hair, a shade of covid please "

Don’t be a dick

[Removed by poster at 26/09/21 20:32:14]

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Radioactivity does tend to destroy the nucleus of cells.

By *rs mischiefWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

My illness makes all aspects of sensory interaction over sensitive, from smells to touch making me nauseous. That was before covid!

"Radioactivity does tend to destroy the nucleus of cells. "

What's that got to do with catching covid?

Died? What their hair, a shade of covid please

Don’t be a dick"

You are a dick

» Add a new message to this topic