FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Big sport bikes

Big sport bikes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ubbles12312 OP   Couple  over a year ago

stockport

With the ZZR 1400 been stopped next year and looks like the new bussa going for a blower what the future of the big sports bike

There is no substitute for cc the new batch off supercharged 1000 just don't cut it for me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *urham 3 riversMan  over a year ago

Co. Durham

if you want cc go to USA

stockport

Not a hardly moving fan lol

Co. Durham

you could buy here get a Harley they have lots of cubes

stockport

Not in to them big old slow things we have a ZZR 1400 at the min it can do everything 2up fun touring and a blast on your own I you stay in 3rd and just play from 30 to 120 all bay

Co. Durham

sounds like you are tuning old riding like that, but I understand, you will only have to look after it a little longer

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Know what you mean I’ve had both ZZR14 and a Busa, both great bikes gutted about the ZZR if I’m honest. I have ridden a lot of Harleys too (never owned one though) and to be fair they were fun too just in a different way.

Co. Durham

"Know what you mean I’ve had both ZZR14 and a Busa, both great bikes gutted about the ZZR if I’m honest. I have ridden a lot of Harleys too (never owned one though) and to be fair they were fun too just in a different way."

agreed I have never owned a big gap bike just got back into bikes so choose the old mans rout a Harley as the big caps too fast for an old man

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

I went through the Busa, ZZR but found them hard work in the twisties so dropped down to the GsxrThou. But between them all for the roads I live both here & previously a sports Twin is just as capable so I “downgraded” years ago & bought an old sportstourer still capable of crossing continents two up and loaded at 100+ All day & a TL1000S to modify & play when blatting cross country.

S

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

yep i miss rolling a fag reading my newspaper whilst drinking a coffee at 140 behind the screen on my zzr

stockport

Did see something about a new 1300 blackbird

But I do love the 1400 had xjr 1300 Fazer 1000 plus to much stuff under a 1000 but the ZZR take the crown

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"With the ZZR 1400 been stopped next year and looks like the new bussa going for a blower what the future of the big sports bike

There is no substitute for cc the new batch off supercharged 1000 just don't cut it for me "

Had my fair share of sports bikes. These days so many cameras it's a bit pointless

"Did see something about a new 1300 blackbird

But I do love the 1400 had xjr 1300 Fazer 1000 plus to much stuff under a 1000 but the ZZR take the crown "

l think the new blackbird been in the pipeline for a few years

By *oo7kingMan  over a year ago

wing

I rode a busa, didn't handle well. Have a blackbird amongst others, a few easy mods and its handling is slot on. I won't be selling it any time soon.

"if you want cc go to USA"

I think you mean ci.

USA use Cubic Inches.

"Know what you mean I’ve had both ZZR14 and a Busa, both great bikes gutted about the ZZR if I’m honest. I have ridden a lot of Harleys too (never owned one though) and to be fair they were fun too just in a different way.

agreed I have never owned a big gap bike just got back into bikes so choose the old mans rout a Harley as the big caps too fast for an old man "

I know what you mean.

After many years trying to plant myself into the scenery, i am now burbling around looking at it lol.

Co. Durham

"Know what you mean I’ve had both ZZR14 and a Busa, both great bikes gutted about the ZZR if I’m honest. I have ridden a lot of Harleys too (never owned one though) and to be fair they were fun too just in a different way.

agreed I have never owned a big gap bike just got back into bikes so choose the old mans rout a Harley as the big caps too fast for an old man

I know what you mean.

After many years trying to plant myself into the scenery, i am now burbling around looking at it lol.

"

Fully agree these big Jap bikes are very good but far too fast for our roads, great for touring in Europe,

I am an old biker returning to the roads and bought a Harley think Alfa of the biking world.

Zzr fazer and Versys all in the smaller big bikes category at 600,650 but I’m just a newbie only riding a year defo will be looking at something with more oomph once the new car and bike are paid off

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

For anyone that says forced induction bike are a fad get yourself down to BigCC and have a go on one of thier turbocharged Busa's.

Not just for race use they have a street set up which can be switched from 200-280 hp on the boost.

Don't be surprised for turbos to make an appearance on more production bike's with the ever tighning emission laws.

By *edLionScotMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Had a Blackbird, and VFR1200F. also ridden MT10, S1000R, XR, and Multistrada, all quicker and better handling.

You realise that the modern bikes, last 5yrs, are significantly better.

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

Got a blade at the minute, but looking at the z1000sx or triumph 1050st as want something easier on the wrists

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Got a blade at the minute, but looking at the z1000sx or triumph 1050st as want something easier on the wrists"

Mrs F had the Z1000sx. When I rode it it was like being on my blade again, but like you said, it was a lot easier on the wrists. Can honestly say it was the best balanced bike I had ever rode. If you go for one I don't think you would regret it. Mrs F loved it

"Got a blade at the minute, but looking at the z1000sx or triumph 1050st as want something easier on the wrists"

Check out a multistrada. So much more comfier.

midlands

"Got a blade at the minute, but looking at the z1000sx or triumph 1050st as want something easier on the wrists

Check out a multistrada. So much more comfier. "

Dont want a duke.

By *scarwilde1330Couple  over a year ago

Warrington

Got a fjr1300

Beautiful bike to ride

By *aughty Little SecretsCouple  over a year ago

Wetherby

How about the new Ducati? Has it been worth the wait?

I have a sprint st1050 and absolutely love it,i've went through it from front to back and it's a peach.So much character with an open pipe compared to a four.Go and get one

midlands

"Got a blade at the minute, but looking at the z1000sx or triumph 1050st as want something easier on the wrists

I have a sprint st1050 and absolutely love it,i've went through it from front to back and it's a peach.So much character with an open pipe compared to a four.Go and get one "

Im keeing blade another year now, being as had no fun on it this year, tgen gona get rid and get something else

By *utualpleasure42Man  over a year ago

enter location here

Big busa boys.

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

I can never work out which end is the front on a Busa

By *ilf n filfCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

I’ve worked in bike shops all over the country. I’ve serviced everything from 50cc to 1800cc

Owned a GPZ750 turbo and a CX500 turbo most of the super bikes from the 80s 90s and 00s

But have in my stable now

Cbr1000fl for touring

Zx9r for Sunday blasts

Trx850 for eating super bikes on B roads

4 Tdm850’s

2 Ntv 650

CB250rs

Kdx 135

Gt750 shaft

Xs850 shaft

Zx6r crash damaged(not me by the way)

And couple of quads

By *ichi_acerMan  over a year ago

notts

supercharged or hybrid turbo or if your spending a fortune electronic turbo charged bikes should be much faster dont know if they will sound as good though

nice pics too

By *eardyBikerMan  over a year ago

nr stoney

Moved from vfr800 to bmw k1200s ...and tbh...high speed cruising is nice but looking to move back down to vfr 800 again..for the noise and low speed fun.

If the new blackbird isn't a v4 then Honda are missing the boat again

By *iscreet-is-paramountMan  over a year ago

everywhere and somewhere

As a plastic rocket rider from the 90's, I think it's fair to say that the quick stuff has long since been coming to an end. For me, there has been no bench marks since early 2000's. I've gone back to the early stuff as the roads are full, too many cameras and do gooders. Shame.

I fully intend keeping my ZZR14 as long as it will last, tried a H2SX SE but it just doesn't have the soul. I'll buy other bikes I'm sure but the mental ZZR will continue to be used and well serviced for as long as they still sell petrol, or I'm still alive

Nothing else I've ridden is as good a 'compromise' bike which is happy touring 2 up or having some fun with.

notts

Has anyone tried the bmw f900xr and would it be as fun as the fazer fz600 s2

By *nrealfeelMan  over a year ago

cork

Big cc means grunt, look at the needs you want... town driving, county roads, motorway, passenger, luggage.... id go for an mt10..

. Big bang engine with comfort to blast what ever you want.

.. ive drag raced zx14, gen1 hayabusa and there only alive at 120 mph, go for something with use ability and function and will still give you a surprise and smile

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"Big cc means grunt, look at the needs you want... town driving, county roads, motorway, passenger, luggage.... id go for an mt10..

.. ive drag raced zx14, gen1 hayabusa and there only alive at 120 mph, go for something with use ability and function and will still give you a surprise and smile"

I got a BMW R1100S but sold it to a mate as I couldn’t get enough luggage capacity on it. Very underrated bike though. A friend is an instructor at Caldwell & does the Kent fire bike stuff. He rides the later R1200S with Ohlins at both ends, decat Akra system with a power commander.

Damn thing with him on it is untouchable cross country.

S

Got a BMW K1300S and love it worst thing they ever done was stop making them

By *ensualrocksCouple  over a year ago

aberdeen

[Removed by poster at 16/12/20 09:59:25]

By *ensualrocksCouple  over a year ago

aberdeen

Ktm superduke r. Go test one you’ll love it.

Which is why I bought a ZZR1400 in January

notts

How big dose a bike have to be to be considered big is it on cc or bhp

Love my BMW K1300S total pain they stopped making them but what a bike

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"How big dose a bike have to be to be considered big is it on cc or bhp"

I'd say 1000cc and above but don't suppose there is an official cc

By *ock69erMan  over a year ago

Middle o’ Fife

"I rode a busa, didn't handle well. Have a blackbird amongst others, a few easy mods and its handling is slot on. I won't be selling it any time soon. "

You're not the only one to say that, I've had my blackbird for 15 years and there's nothing I'd swap it for. In my humble opinion, it's pretty much perfect as a bike you can do a bit of everything on.

By *ock69erMan  over a year ago

Middle o’ Fife

"I can never work out which end is the front on a Busa "

HA ha, I know what you mean, I don't think people bought them for its looks

By *eandCoCouple  over a year ago

BOURNE

We have a gen 1 zzr1400,absolutely the best bike I've had and she loves it.

Also gen 1 owner ZZR1400 2010. Had a 2009 haybusa don't get me wrong they are fast but has nothing on the ZZR14. I think next bike would be KTM 1290 superduke R , just a complete hooligan bike. Can't wait for the summer to come and get out.

Just passed and looking for decent bike im 6 6 and 18 stone plus want 2 up when I want to any ideas.

"Just passed and looking for decent bike im 6 6 and 18 stone plus want 2 up when I want to any ideas."

I would suggest looking at the adventure sports or sports tourers.

Things like your zzr1400, gs and multistrada.

End of the day it’ll be your choice so best just going to a bike shop and trying on different bikes see what suits you.

cork

"Big cc means grunt, look at the needs you want... town driving, county roads, motorway, passenger, luggage.... id go for an mt10..

.. ive drag raced zx14, gen1 hayabusa and there only alive at 120 mph, go for something with use ability and function and will still give you a surprise and smile

I got a BMW R1100S but sold it to a mate as I couldn’t get enough luggage capacity on it. Very underrated bike though. A friend is an instructor at Caldwell & does the Kent fire bike stuff. He rides the later R1200S with Ohlins at both ends, decat Akra system with a power commander.

S"

I've an r1150gs and I've it 12 years and would never sell it in a million years...

By *kbull2000Man  over a year ago

Carluke

"I rode a busa, didn't handle well. Have a blackbird amongst others, a few easy mods and its handling is slot on. I won't be selling it any time soon.

You're not the only one to say that, I've had my blackbird for 15 years and there's nothing I'd swap it for. In my humble opinion, it's pretty much perfect as a bike you can do a bit of everything on. "

Totally agree. Went from a Busa to a Blackbird after suffering the rear frame crack. The Honda was a much better bike from the points of engineered, quality control and riding comfort.

By *uriously-KinkyCPLCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

Thats where the alliy plate brackets come in handy lol

cork

S"

I swear I'm actually after a r1200s as there a balanced weight wise plus they'll only increase in value....only 2 years of production..... hold onto it.... wish me luck on finding one lol

cork

"I rode a busa, didn't handle well. Have a blackbird amongst others, a few easy mods and its handling is slot on. I won't be selling it any time soon.

You're not the only one to say that, I've had my blackbird for 15 years and there's nothing I'd swap it for. In my humble opinion, it's pretty much perfect as a bike you can do a bit of everything on.

Totally agree. Went from a Busa to a Blackbird after suffering the rear frame crack. The Honda was a much better bike from the points of engineered, quality control and riding comfort."

Honda are made to last but the busa engine is a master piece for tuning

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple  over a year ago

Cheam

"With the ZZR 1400 been stopped next year and looks like the new bussa going for a blower what the future of the big sports bike

There is no substitute for cc the new batch off supercharged 1000 just don't cut it for me "

I track tested a h2r pre launch and I've never experienced anything like that in 30 or years of biking

cork

I'm a drag race lover but can I ask are they are suitable weekender blast or they too stretched that you over steer a corner....... I'm all for super chargers/ turbo like the mid 80s but I had a vision to put a turbo on my tripped out rvf400.... keeping the boost down and put a cbr1000rr from end and a wheel off a 1098r ..... love to go fast but crave to roadrace...... used to Street fighter bikes since I was 16..... think with proper knowledge and wallet created monster could be born..... another which I'm working on is a r1150gs rotrex supercharged supermoto.... retro looking but with power to out burn the 1250 model.. .. plus I won't have to go to BMW dealer to sort out my sensors cause the only sense sensor is my tyre and drift onto traffic..... ps. Get a haynes manual for what ever you drive..and read it.... best friend ever

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple  over a year ago

Cheam

"I'm a drag race lover but can I ask are they are suitable weekender blast or they too stretched that you over steer a corner....... I'm all for super chargers/ turbo like the mid 80s but I had a vision to put a turbo on my tripped out rvf400.... keeping the boost down and put a cbr1000rr from end and a wheel off a 1098r ..... love to go fast but crave to roadrace...... used to Street fighter bikes since I was 16..... think with proper knowledge and wallet created monster could be born..... another which I'm working on is a r1150gs rotrex supercharged supermoto.... retro looking but with power to out burn the 1250 model.. .. plus I won't have to go to BMW dealer to sort out my sensors cause the only sense sensor is my tyre and drift onto traffic..... ps. Get a haynes manual for what ever you drive..and read it.... best friend ever"

The H2r isnt road legal..they for a h2 version .. if you wanna get into road racing you'll need to get ypur acu license before you can compete ..and racing isnt cheap

Love my BMW K1300S can’t see me getting rid of it till it falls apart

By *reason69Couple  over a year ago

Blackburn

Blackbird , love her will be with us forever ? ?

By *ctionman2019Man  over a year ago

swadlincote

I had gixer 1000 that was nuts .. had a break then bought a vfr 800 to slow me down a bit and ease the aching joints .. bought a rocket 3 loved the road presence but . Ended up going out with a mate who has a gs 1200 bmw never thought of a adventure bike so when I was having rocket serviced took a tiger 1200 out.. signed up traded both vfr and rocket in .. on my second tiger now ..brilliant that's all I can say

cork

"I'm a drag race lover but can I ask are they are suitable weekender blast or they too stretched that you over steer a corner....... I'm all for super chargers/ turbo like the mid 80s but I had a vision to put a turbo on my tripped out rvf400.... keeping the boost down and put a cbr1000rr from end and a wheel off a 1098r ..... love to go fast but crave to roadrace...... used to Street fighter bikes since I was 16..... think with proper knowledge and wallet created monster could be born..... another which I'm working on is a r1150gs rotrex supercharged supermoto.... retro looking but with power to out burn the 1250 model.. .. plus I won't have to go to BMW dealer to sort out my sensors cause the only sense sensor is my tyre and drift onto traffic..... ps. Get a haynes manual for what ever you drive..and read it.... best friend ever

The H2r isnt road legal..they for a h2 version .. if you wanna get into road racing you'll need to get ypur acu license before you can compete ..and racing isnt cheap "

In Irish road racing I don't think there's a class.... in the drag racing the a class e but being honest I'd love to be able to afford one

» Add a new message to this topic