FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > First proper ride out

First proper ride out

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Passed my test on Thursday and had a few local runs taking the bike for test, getting the feel for it etc. Then took it for a proper ride out through the Durham dales today for the first time.

Everything was going well until I was on the way home and the bloody thing packed in!

Felt like fuel starvation so rang the breakdown company and got recovered home, bikes in bits in the garage awaiting further investigation tomorrow!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Gutting. Similar thing happened to me when I got my new vtr1000. Turned out to be the rectifier that caused havoc with everything.

Don’t let it put you off. It’ll help you learn more about your machine

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So annoying!

I’m a fitter by trade but usually working on much bigger stuff with massive diesels but I should be able to suss it out.

I did think reg/rec but it’s holding 14.8v at 4-5000 rpm so I’ve just took the fuel system to bits looking for anything obvious.

Found a loose vacuum hose but I’m not convinced, put it back together and it’s running again but I had to adjust the idle to stop it dying on me.

Going to try some redex tomorrow then failing that it’s carb strip time

By *rygveMan  over a year ago

The Shires

Had a fuel starvation issue on my KTM then realised I’d forgot to turn the fuel tap on. Thankfully it only took 2 mins of head scratching. Not had a bike with a tap for years and totally overlooked it. Lesson learned.

» Add a new message to this topic