FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Gran Canaria

Gran Canaria

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lex46 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I took some inspiration from Henry Cole as I'm on holiday in Gran Canaria. You will understand if you watch The Motorcycle Show. I've hired a Honda 500 Rebel and took a ride up around the mountains, it was stunning and adventurous.

It was great to be riding in warm air and feeling it on your face. The views and scenery are amazing and the mountain roads steep, narrow with lots of hairpins.

To begin with you have scenery that looks like the Gran Canyon, you go further North and the forests are almost like Assian jungles.

I spent far too much time stopping and taking photos. You ride up through the clouds unfortunately the temperature dropped about 10 degrees and I only had a light jacket on, then you realise you're getting wet and the roads are damp

It went from having a beautiful ride to "why am I doing this?" in a very short time. The other thing is there isn't many fuel stations around and the Rebel has a small tank with a low fuel range.

I made my up to the North and the temperature was still cold, managed to get to a town with a garage and filled up with quite a relief. As time was getting on I went towards the capital Las Palmas and took the motorways and the main road back to Maspalomas.

Bloody hell, the motorways around Maspalomas is like the North circular on steroids. Full of traffic, lane swapping and the slowest doing about 90mph, even the lorries were going at 70. I decided stay in the outside lane and keep with the traffic, it felt safer.

This was making me laugh now I was trying to keep up with the traffic and each mile I did I felt the temperature rise another couple of degrees.

I arrived back at the appointment, covered 150 miles, had a smile on my face and a sense of achievement and actually realising another motorcycling memory has been made.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ichi_acerMan  over a year ago

notts

I’ve always wanted to ride abroad

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Sadly thanks to brexit travelling to the EU is going to be harder, and more expensive.

You will need an international drivers licence and a change you your insurance to I close travel abroad.

You will then need to make sure that you have the appropriate medical insurance and then probably need the most expensive package. And worse we may need extra paperwork for the bike itself in import tax?

Thanks Brexit.

By *xfordsquireMan  over a year ago

Besselsleigh

Just got my covid cert back and ready to travel saturday.

Had one of those scares tui sent an email starting important update blah blah blah actually said hotel closed half so been upgraded to better room.

So how busy is it out there ?

Near Wells

"Just got my covid cert back and ready to travel saturday.

Had one of those scares tui sent an email starting important update blah blah blah actually said hotel closed half so been upgraded to better room.

So how busy is it out there ?

"

Its quite but still enough going on to keep you occupied

By *D pleasuresMan  over a year ago

Abu Dhabi/ Fuerteventura/Moscow

And they said leaving UE would benefit us all ????

By *ree-dom69Man  over a year ago

park gate

"Sadly thanks to brexit travelling to the EU is going to be harder, and more expensive.

You will need an international drivers licence and a change you your insurance to I close travel abroad.

You will then need to make sure that you have the appropriate medical insurance and then probably need the most expensive package. And worse we may need extra paperwork for the bike itself in import tax?

Thanks Brexit.

"

Give it six months and it will be as easy as going today, they are not going to make it difficult for you most countries need our economy

Don’t buy into all the scare mongering, I’m not into politics just a biker who likes to go touring

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

so travel insurance that covers riding a motorcycle greater than 125cc is a problem no?

Near Wells

The post office travel insurance covers any motorcycle that you hold a licence for, no cc limits.

The only restrictions are that it only covers you on a public highway. Ive used this insurance for biking in Europe and Asia.

» Add a new message to this topic