FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Street triple owners

Street triple owners

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey all,

I'm looking at getting myself a new street triple in the next few months. I was just wondering if there are any owners on here who have had any good or bad experiences with them.

Would you say they are as reliable as the jap bikes? I've only ever owned Hondas and never had any issues with them over the years.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Not the triple but I have had a bobber since 2017, bought it new and its never missed a beat. Also bought a 2016 Explorer XRX 1200 and same with that too. I have kept my Honda Pan European as I've had it new from 2009 and its just to good to sell, I've kept it immaculate. The only thing I would say between Triumph and Honda is accessability when doing a service. Honda have it spot on and nothing is to difficult but with the Triumphs, especially Explorer, it seems just to service you need to strip half the bike down and triumph haven't made anything easy. Just changing the air filter the engine management light came on and you have to switch ignition on and off 3 times for the light to go out, whats that all about. Was the same when I fitted the sat nav, splicing into cigarette lighter socket, management light came on, same again, went out after 3rd time ignition thing. But all round well pleased with the 3 triumphs I have, yes 3, got a Bonneville as well.

By *uskymotoMan  over a year ago

Cumbria

My Triumphs have never missed a beat. I've remapped and decatted my tiger 1050 sport myself. Love the burble and odd flame from the straight through exhaust. More than happy with the quality of finish.

I've not had a street triple but ridden a 675R a few times and it's fun. A bit like a BMX with a bloody good engine strapped to it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I (her) have a street triple which is about 3 years old. I've only had it about 8 months and with the lockdown not done many miles on it yet. It's light, feisty (but easy) and fun to ride x

"Hey all,

I'm looking at getting myself a new street triple in the next few months. I was just wondering if there are any owners on here who have had any good or bad experiences with them.

Would you say they are as reliable as the jap bikes? I've only ever owned Hondas and never had any issues with them over the years. "

Not had a street triple but, ive owned 4 speed triples over the years and never had a problem with the triumph triple engine. So much fun its addictive. I love them. Get a R version, they are the dogs.

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

"Hey all,

Would you say they are as reliable as the jap bikes? I've only ever owned Hondas and never had any issues with them over the years.

Not had a street triple but, ive owned 4 speed triples over the years and never had a problem with the triumph triple engine. So much fun its addictive. I love them. Get a R version, they are the dogs."

I race a Daytona but also have had a street triple and a speed triple.

In my opinion the speed triple is more of a cruiser, out of the two I would rather have the street triple.

I would absolutely love a 765 RS

"Hey all,

Not had a street triple but, ive owned 4 speed triples over the years and never had a problem with the triumph triple engine. So much fun its addictive. I love them. Get a R version, they are the dogs.

I race a Daytona but also have had a street triple and a speed triple.

In my opinion the speed triple is more of a cruiser, out of the two I would rather have the street triple.

I would absolutely love a 765 RS "

I used to talk quite a bit with Kevin Carmichael. Ex Triumph stunt rider.

He said the same thing. Speed triple is ok for 2 up and cruising. Street triple R is a much better machine for single rider and going for it.

"Not the triple but I have had a bobber since 2017, bought it new and its never missed a beat. Also bought a 2016 Explorer XRX 1200 and same with that too. I have kept my Honda Pan European as I've had it new from 2009 and its just to good to sell, I've kept it immaculate. The only thing I would say between Triumph and Honda is accessability when doing a service. Honda have it spot on and nothing is to difficult but with the Triumphs, especially Explorer, it seems just to service you need to strip half the bike down and triumph haven't made anything easy. Just changing the air filter the engine management light came on and you have to switch ignition on and off 3 times for the light to go out, whats that all about. Was the same when I fitted the sat nav, splicing into cigarette lighter socket, management light came on, same again, went out after 3rd time ignition thing. But all round well pleased with the 3 triumphs I have, yes 3, got a Bonneville as well. "

Well I think that you have 3 Triumphs says a lot. I think you get niggles with all manufactures bikes at some point but glad you had no horror stories.

"My Triumphs have never missed a beat. I've remapped and decatted my tiger 1050 sport myself. Love the burble and odd flame from the straight through exhaust. More than happy with the quality of finish.

I've not had a street triple but ridden a 675R a few times and it's fun. A bit like a BMX with a bloody good engine strapped to it. "

That's what I'm really liking about the street triple is the sound of that engine.

"I (her) have a street triple which is about 3 years old. I've only had it about 8 months and with the lockdown not done many miles on it yet. It's light, feisty (but easy) and fun to ride x"

When I sat on one in the dealers I couldn't believe how light it felt, I can't wait to test ride one (when allowed).

Do you find it comfortable over a long ride?

"Hey all,

Not had a street triple but, ive owned 4 speed triples over the years and never had a problem with the triumph triple engine. So much fun its addictive. I love them. Get a R version, they are the dogs."

Thats good to hear, I'm looking at the RS version.

"I (her) have a street triple which is about 3 years old. I've only had it about 8 months and with the lockdown not done many miles on it yet. It's light, feisty (but easy) and fun to ride x

When I sat on one in the dealers I couldn't believe how light it felt, I can't wait to test ride one (when allowed).

Do you find it comfortable over a long ride? "

Owing to the restrictions I think the most I've ridden in a day on it is about 130 miles. I didn't have any aches and pains but was tired owing to lack of riding time. I find it easy to manoeuvre manually because it's so light too. I was just looking online with no plans to buy anything when I saw it and fell in love with the pics. Took an RS for a test ride but I couldn't say how they compare. May sound odd but I'd traded by first bike a 650 v-twin for an all rounder but missed having something more fun.

"I (her) have a street triple which is about 3 years old. I've only had it about 8 months and with the lockdown not done many miles on it yet. It's light, feisty (but easy) and fun to ride x

Do you find it comfortable over a long ride?

Owing to the restrictions I think the most I've ridden in a day on it is about 130 miles. I didn't have any aches and pains but was tired owing to lack of riding time. I find it easy to manoeuvre manually because it's so light too. I was just looking online with no plans to buy anything when I saw it and fell in love with the pics. Took an RS for a test ride but I couldn't say how they compare. May sound odd but I'd traded by first bike a 650 v-twin for an all rounder but missed having something more fun."

I do a few trackdays a year on my cbr600, I'm thinking the Street triple would be good on the track but more comfortable on the road when I'm in group rides.

"I do a few trackdays a year on my cbr600, I'm thinking the Street triple would be good on the track but more comfortable on the road when I'm in group rides. "

I think it could be a good choice and will be interested to know how your test ride goes x

I'll let you know when it finally happens

I had a Street Triple R, was my first bike. Epic thing, comfy, quick, had a lot of personality.

Took it through Europe in the olden days when we were still allowed to travel and never had any comfort issues. The only problem I ever had was on a French Motorway after several hours of torrential rain and i think some moisture got into the main beam circuit and started to toggle main beam randomly. Once it dried out it was right as rain...

I miss that bike. Chopped it in for an s1000r.

By *oopaandchampersCouple  over a year ago

St Johns

I have an old 94 triple took 30 kg off it ... cafe racere'd it... flatside Keihen carbs liven the old girl up... just addicted to the triple offbeat sound ...they are all bullet proof engine wise ...personally not struck on the bug headlamp..but there are kits to change that look.

"I had a Street Triple R, was my first bike. Epic thing, comfy, quick, had a lot of personality.

Took it through Europe in the olden days when we were still allowed to travel and never had any comfort issues. The only problem I ever had was on a French Motorway after several hours of torrential rain and i think some moisture got into the main beam circuit and started to toggle main beam randomly. Once it dried out it was right as rain...

I miss that bike. Chopped it in for an s1000r. "

Well from the opinions so far sounds like the reliability is good on them.

I bet the s1000r is rapid, I've never ridden a litre bike before.

"I have an old 94 triple took 30 kg off it ... cafe racere'd it... flatside Keihen carbs liven the old girl up... just addicted to the triple offbeat sound ...they are all bullet proof engine wise ...personally not struck on the bug headlamp..but there are kits to change that look."

I think the bug headlights are a marmite thing, personally I really like them, especially the current model.

Great bikes, lots of fun, if a little naughty urging you too ride faster than you probably should lol

» Add a new message to this topic