FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > New Bike

New Bike

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just taken delivery of my new MT10... It's lovely.

Once we're allowed who's up for a ride out?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you want a 1250GS rider tailing along I'll meet up with you.

Make sure your route has plenty petrol stations on it when you do head out

Yes well aware of its thirst. I can live with that just for the sound of the engine...

And all are welcome. Just want to get out there as soon as we're allowed and put some miles on the clock.

By *jcukMan  over a year ago

Solihull

I could bring my MT09 little brother

I really need to get around to buying a new road bike..

F850GSA or 890 adventure

"I really need to get around to buying a new road bike..

F850GSA or 890 adventure "

The 890 is probably better, just in my humble opinion, but I can't live with its looks.

F850GSA or 890 adventure

The 890 is probably better, just in my humble opinion, but I can't live with its looks.

"

BMW is the sensible choice. KTM is the go for it choice. BMW doesn’t have the boxer or Shaft drive I like, and the KTM is a little too trail focused.

A part of me just wants to go ‘fuck it’ and completely refurbish a KLR650A

I have a real yearning for a KTM 660 Adventure. Just something about it.

[Removed by poster at 24/02/21 18:26:33]

Always wanted. 640 adventure. They did a rally version which was essentially a Dakar bike. Just never could justify silly prices that just wouldn’t depreciate. The engine was just a little too fragile/expensive o fix And I couldn’t justify it as an expenditure/tax write off like the multiple tourers I’ve owned. Not many 21yo’s overtake the power rangers on a R1150RT

I booted. 950 adventure for a couple weeks. It’s far far the best version. 990 and what came after just weren’t as Good. Missed the point of the bike. The fuel injection was too grabby

I've a few 750 s10, 750 AT too but always wanted a 900 Elefant, hopefully this year I'll get hold of one.

I have an ST3 motor in the garage that will pretty much go straight in.

By *edyarisCouple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough or Ullswater

I assume that bike dealers will be back open in April so that's when I'll get the chance to fill the empty space in my garage, until then I'm stuck trawling online sites to see what catches my eye

By *ainbow_RoadWoman  over a year ago

Near Leamington Spa

I passed my test on its younger sibling, MT07

By *ainbow_RoadWoman  over a year ago

Near Leamington Spa

I was probably one of the first in the country to rock up to the test centre on one

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"I assume that bike dealers will be back open in April so that's when I'll get the chance to fill the empty space in my garage, until then I'm stuck trawling online sites to see what catches my eye "

I may be wrong but I think Bike Dealerships are open on appointment only basis as are car dealerships.

By *ichi_acerMan  over a year ago

notts

I thought they was closed as there’s next to no bmw f900xrs for sale on bike trader

Durham

"I thought they was closed as there’s next to no bmw f900xrs for sale on bike trader"

Just read on Triumph site, showrooms are closed to the public but Telephone queries are available, click and collect on new bikes and bike service/repair are all available. So I was wrong

It's getting out on a test ride that's the problem,I wouldn't want to buy a bike without trying it first plus not sure how open to doing deals they'd be.

Durham

"It's getting out on a test ride that's the problem,I wouldn't want to buy a bike without trying it first plus not sure how open to doing deals they'd be. "

The only reason I thought dealerships were open is in lockdown 2 we went to pick up our new car and we were surprised to see the showroom at Volvo open and they said they were open for appointment only test drives, sales and servicing. Looks like this lockdown is different. Rules and advice move so much week on week and month by month we can't keep up

By * New YorkieMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Getting my new 1250Gs out today. Can we not ride now? I see bikes up here in the Dales the last few weeks on the nice days. I'm thinking of riding today.. Can I legally?

"It's getting out on a test ride that's the problem,I wouldn't want to buy a bike without trying it first plus not sure how open to doing deals they'd be.

The only reason I thought dealerships were open is in lockdown 2 we went to pick up our new car and we were surprised to see the showroom at Volvo open and they said they were open for appointment only test drives, sales and servicing. Looks like this lockdown is different. Rules and advice move so much week on week and month by month we can't keep up "

Probably easier to just sit and wait for the all clear

Durham

"Getting my new 1250Gs out today. Can we not ride now? I see bikes up here in the Dales the last few weeks on the nice days. I'm thinking of riding today.. Can I legally?"

No its not legal. Stay home, essential travel only. Some say its safe to ride. Then they have to stop for fuel, buy a coffee and mix with all the other bikers fuelling up and grabbing a coffee. That's not even to think if the worst happens, a car pulls out on you while on your jolly day out. Then the already overstretched NHS have to deal with you. Stay home and keep everyone safe, light at the end of the tunnel and only another 4 weeks till end of the stay at home order and by then NHS will not be overwhelmed as the number are coming down. So hopefully by 29th March things will be looking much better. Doesn't take much to respect others and have some consideration for peoples wellbeing.

By *ctionman2019Man  over a year ago

swadlincote

Bought a new triumph tiger se in October itching to get it out and clock some miles up

By *aptinfaptastikMan  over a year ago

Derby

I miss my Tenere (660) but that underseat exhaust made it a pain to get on

By *rutouchCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 01/03/21 00:32:49]

By *jcukMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Doesn't take much to respect others and have some consideration for peoples wellbeing."

It did this weekend. Think the lockdown is finally getting to me.

By *nrealfeelMan  over a year ago

cork

F850GSA or 890 adventure

BMW is the sensible choice. KTM is the go for it choice. BMW doesn’t have the boxer or Shaft drive I like, and the KTM is a little too trail focused.

A part of me just wants to go ‘fuck it’ and completely refurbish a KLR650A"

I've an r1150gs for over 10 years as well as a ktm690smc , r1 and a grom....of all of them it would be the GS I'd prefer. Which the telelever suspension and pendulum weight distribution with usable torque it has a different drive and grip than other bikes..... the f800 is a parnell twin.... I've driven the gt and there a bit like a speed triple.... usable mid range but can be flat ..... but with a BMW now a days makes sense to buy new and have a warranty as there expensive to fix and have more sensors to fix to make the bike run right..... ktm have come on loads but I found that the first gen bike always have there teething problems...... I'd be more in favour of an Mt 09.... value and satisfaction knowing that it won't cost you the amount paid for the bike if she goes wrong...... but if your going mt09.... mt10 all the way...big bang engine, pull from any gear... make you smile from ear to ear and can be a touring bike, sports and commuter.... one stop shop

By * New YorkieMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"Getting my new 1250Gs out today. Can we not ride now? I see bikes up here in the Dales the last few weeks on the nice days. I'm thinking of riding today.. Can I legally?

No its not legal. Stay home, essential travel only. Some say its safe to ride. Then they have to stop for fuel, buy a coffee and mix with all the other bikers fuelling up and grabbing a coffee. That's not even to think if the worst happens, a car pulls out on you while on your jolly day out. Then the already overstretched NHS have to deal with you. Stay home and keep everyone safe, light at the end of the tunnel and only another 4 weeks till end of the stay at home order and by then NHS will not be overwhelmed as the number are coming down. So hopefully by 29th March things will be looking much better. Doesn't take much to respect others and have some consideration for peoples wellbeing."

I stayed home... I had to cut firewood that lasted till I was to sore to ride...lol All safe here..

» Add a new message to this topic