FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > TT 2022

TT 2022

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ent_guy_30 OP   Man  over a year ago

kent

Just managed to get my ferry tickets there and back for the bike, they have very limited spaces left! Just need to find somewhere to stay now

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

glad you started the thread this time as we have jinxed putting up TT2020 and TT2021

As for looking for somewhere to stay, are you looking for digs? Go onto the Manx government for Home stays. Did this a few times way back and all good experiences. If it's camping look at Douglas Rugby Club, great facilities. Well drained field so no mud to contend with if the weather turns to sh#t. A lot of stuff will already be fully booked with them rolling over the bookings for the last 2 years

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm all booked up

Durham

"I'm all booked up "

Seems an age ago when you first told us you were all booked. Lets hope 2022 is the year Ash

kent

Thanks for that. I don’t mind camping but I’d rather not take all that on the bike cause I’m riding from Kent to Liverpool on the most uncomfortable bike ever lol. Couple of year ago it was a wash out aswell, so I’ll have a look on there thank you

"I'm all booked up

Seems an age ago when you first told us you were all booked. Lets hope 2022 is the year Ash "

Too right. Trying for years

Booked for this year when we was there last year, now got the deposit moved to nxt yr, first year I've missed since 04

Durham

"Booked for this year when we was there last year, now got the deposit moved to nxt yr, first year I've missed since 04"

Last year, 2020, was cancelled as is this year, 2021, so that's 2 years missed. Had missed two years in the last 20 years so now it's 4 years missed. Even went 2001 when racing was cancelled due to foot and mouth. Party wasn't as good as they said it would, but I went, I seen, well seen nowt

"Booked for this year when we was there last year, now got the deposit moved to nxt yr, first year I've missed since 04

Last year, 2020, was cancelled as is this year, 2021, so that's 2 years missed. Had missed two years in the last 20 years so now it's 4 years missed. Even went 2001 when racing was cancelled due to foot and mouth. Party wasn't as good as they said it would, but I went, I seen, well seen nowt "

Time is flyin by, so yeah itcwas 2019 when we booked

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

they might even have the prom finished by 2022

Durham

"they might even have the prom finished by 2022 "

Was reading updates by Isle of Man Government. They are having a meeting this week about it to make sure it's on track to be finished this July. See what I did there, track, horse track....

Be lucky if it goes ahead

Be lucky if it goes ahead

[Removed by poster at 09/03/21 12:41:40]

"Just managed to get my ferry tickets there and back for the bike, they have very limited spaces left! Just need to find somewhere to stay now "

I haven't been for nearly 10 years. When I last went, I'd put a message on here (on my old profile) asking if there was anyone on the island interested in offering accommodation to a randy biker. I received a number of replies and finally chose to stay with a lovely couple in Onchan. It was a great week lol

Durham

"Be lucky if it goes ahead"

TT 2020 cancelled, TT 2021 cancelled. Today Isle of Man Government are publishing their road map out of the restrictions. Their vaccine program is on track. All positives. We like to look to the future in a positive light. Things are not going to be the same this year, we know that. We will all have to deal with what the future throws at us. But the last couple of weeks have lifted every ones spirits, so lets not piss on the parade

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple  over a year ago

Cheam

Would love to re visit

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Hoping to go it that one, for a 50th, hope the trip goes ahead.

By *urrey_2011Man  over a year ago

Ramsey

Maybe all meet up, we have a B&B on the IOM but we’re selling up as we’ve had to find alternative income since Covid I’m back in IT and quite settled.. move didn’t really work out how we planned it but have to adapt and move on eh!

Ramsey

[Removed by poster at 11/03/21 11:56:30]

kent

So I’m all booked up now for a accommodation now. I’m staying down near the airport in a yurt. Bath further out the way than I wanted but beggars can’t be choosers plus I have the bike so not much of a issue

Durham

"So I’m all booked up now for a accommodation now. I’m staying down near the airport in a yurt. Bath further out the way than I wanted but beggars can’t be choosers plus I have the bike so not much of a issue "

Buses are pretty good, TT week they can be late sometimes. Castletown which is near the airport is a great little place with some nice pubs but a lot quiet compared to Douglas for the nightlife. Taxi's can be a bit pricey so sharing is always good if you can.

kent

Yeah we are literally next to the airport. But with my mate so when we want to go out for the night life side of it we will cab. It’s never going to be a cheap week so not to bothered about the prices. Has to be better than 2019’s wash out haha.

Durham

"Yeah we are literally next to the airport. But with my mate so when we want to go out for the night life side of it we will cab. It’s never going to be a cheap week so not to bothered about the prices. Has to be better than 2019’s wash out haha. "

We had a great time 2019 but for us its more about going to see our mates, racing comes well down the list now. It's the whole buzz of the Island that attracts us. Manx people are great and TT week the place is electric

Fingers crossed it goes ahead. I grew upon the Island and its a different place entirely during TT week.

Don't forget about the Southern 100 which is another great event. Short circuit racing on manx roads!

Durham

Great news that Manx Government are hoping to open their Borders for travel to and from the UK 28th June.

"Yeah we are literally next to the airport. But with my mate so when we want to go out for the night life side of it we will cab. It’s never going to be a cheap week so not to bothered about the prices. Has to be better than 2019’s wash out haha.

We had a great time 2019 but for us its more about going to see our mates, racing comes well down the list now. It's the whole buzz of the Island that attracts us. Manx people are great and TT week the place is electric"

Same as that. We had a great time at 2019tt.. biked over from ireland.

Ferry booked for July. Looking forward to going home.

Still call it home after 44 years away.

Nice to visit but could not cope with living back there.

Durham

"Ferry booked for July. Looking forward to going home.

Still call it home after 44 years away.

Nice to visit but could not cope with living back there."

We are going to wait till end of June and see what's what with travelling over and book a long weekend at some point after July if all is going well. We've missed our Manx friends. Not been since August Bank Holiday 2019

Hard to believe it will be almost 2 years since I have seen my family.

Looking forward to a pint outside the Gluepot.

Durham

"Hard to believe it will be almost 2 years since I have seen my family.

Looking forward to a pint outside the Gluepot."

We have been in that pub many times

Would love to bump into you two one day and buy you a pint.

By *hris and SamCouple  over a year ago

at the end of the rainbow

Can't wait to be back on the Rock it's been such a long time,might even make it there this summer is they open up

Durham

"Can't wait to be back on the Rock it's been such a long time,might even make it there this summer is they open up "

Borders open 28th June for unrestricted travel to and from UK. That is the Manx Governments road map so hopefully all goes to plan for a visit this year

Got my ferry tickets last night, so only accommodation to go - feels great to be going back.

Haven't been in a couple of years, would love to get over again, got a guy to let us use his garage, dry camping lol. Good craic as well. Check out locals see ifnyou can rent locally

"Just managed to get my ferry tickets there and back for the bike, they have very limited spaces left! Just need to find somewhere to stay now "

How much is ferry?

Durham

"Just managed to get my ferry tickets there and back for the bike, they have very limited spaces left! Just need to find somewhere to stay now

How much is ferry? "

You need to take a deep breath when you find out how much it is. But well worth it as there's no place on this Earth like TT. Very addictive, been going every year for more than 20 years. We should have been getting excited now for this years but alas we'll have to wait another year

By *ableboyMan  over a year ago

Stockton

Suggests remortgage on the house for the ferry...

Durham

£400 for bike me and Mrs F. All carried over from 2020 cancelled TT to travel 2022 TT

Any action at the camp

Camping and accommodation opens on 1st June apparently. Have camped previously at the football ground. Does anyone know of anywhere with proper beds ?

Durham

"Camping and accommodation opens on 1st June apparently. Have camped previously at the football ground. Does anyone know of anywhere with proper beds ? "

Go onto the Manx Governments Home stay site. Done home stays in the past many years ago and all been good.

By *acmidsMan  over a year ago

birmingham

TT 2022 race schedule revealed this Friday what would have been senior race day, also manx radio playing past races and interviews.

Durham

We are heading over at the end of the month, now we are allowed to cross the border, just to check the beer is still all ok for TT next year. Vaccination Exemption forms have just been filled in and both approved. So looking forward to getting away on a jolly

Ramsey

Nice if you to check the beer for us ?? fancy meeting up?

Durham

"Nice if you to check the beer for us ?? fancy meeting up? "

No thanks

By *ssexmickMan  over a year ago

Rawreth

Send your camping gear over by courier to the campsite then send it back again when you finish your trip

Durham

Well our visit went well August Bank Holiday. What a surprise. Bushy's village up and running for the Bank Holiday, Red Arrows on the Saturday and bike show in Peel Bank Holiday Monday. Island was buzzing with all the bikes coming over on the ferry. Roll on TT everyone.

kent

That sounds great what was involved with the ferry boarding.? Jabs and COVID testing etc? Things have changed slightly since I guess.

Durham

"That sounds great what was involved with the ferry boarding.? Jabs and COVID testing etc? Things have changed slightly since I guess. "

At this moment in time you are only allowed on Isle of Man if you are fully vaccinated. 2 forms to fill in prior to arrival so you must have a landing pass to get through their border

kent

Oh okay thanks. Maybe I won’t be doing the TT next year then unless things change again. Thanks

Durham

"Oh okay thanks. Maybe I won’t be doing the TT next year then unless things change again. Thanks "

Get vaccinated then the world is your oyster

kent

I’m not going to get something I personally think is a load rubbish just to go away. If I can go Great. If not then I can’t.

Durham

"I’m not going to get something I personally think is a load rubbish just to go away. If I can go Great. If not then I can’t. "

Wow, load of rubbish. We had a family member die just before vaccine roll out. He would probably still be here if a rubbish vaccine had been available earlier

kent

Sorry to hear that. But its just my opinion

» Add a new message to this topic