FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Which bike.

Which bike.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *appyM OP   Man  over a year ago

Leicester

Hi. Looking at buying a bike in the next couple of weeks and wondered if any of you have any opinions. Kaw GTR 1400. Pan 1300st. R1200RT.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What about an FJR?

I've owned two over ten years and they're all day comfortable and bullet proof.

Five speeders are better than the six speeders and makes excellent use of the motors massive torque.

I have a mate with over 300,0000 miles on one!

By *appyM OP   Man  over a year ago

Leicester

Never even thought about an FJR. One more to look at and test ride. Thanks.

I had a R100rs, great bike did 1000's off miles on it and it kept my feet warm in winter

FJR mate great bike rode one for work old and new models handles great with ample power

By *edyarisCouple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough or Ullswater

"Hi. Looking at buying a bike in the next couple of weeks and wondered if any of you have any opinions. Kaw GTR 1400. Pan 1300st. R1200RT. "

I'm in the same boat. Most, if not all, of the magazine reviews say the BMW is the best tourer and it seems regularly win the tourer category in annual awards, I've never ridden one so can't comment at the moment, I'm looking forward to garage's re opening so I can get out and try a few but I guess it all comes down to personal preference and what you're looking to pay.

"Hi. Looking at buying a bike in the next couple of weeks and wondered if any of you have any opinions. Kaw GTR 1400. Pan 1300st. R1200RT.

I'm in the same boat. Most, if not all, of the magazine reviews say the BMW is the best tourer and it seems regularly win the tourer category in annual awards, I've never ridden one so can't comment at the moment, I'm looking forward to garage's re opening so I can get out and try a few but I guess it all comes down to personal preference and what you're looking to pay. "

Be careful with Bee-EMS.

Traded my last FJR is for a new 1250GS and I've had my fair share of trips to the dealer.

The FJR only ever went back for routine servicing to keep the warranty up.

We had an FJR1100 best bike ever went thousands if miles in it

By *edLionScotMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Another vote for the FJR1300.

Also, Honda Blackbird,or VFR1200F

How about a Sports Adventure?

Multistrada or KTM Super Adventure?

By *talianduoCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"Hi. Looking at buying a bike in the next couple of weeks and wondered if any of you have any opinions. Kaw GTR 1400. Pan 1300st. R1200RT.

I'm in the same boat. Most, if not all, of the magazine reviews say the BMW is the best tourer and it seems regularly win the tourer category in annual awards, I've never ridden one so can't comment at the moment, I'm looking forward to garage's re opening so I can get out and try a few but I guess it all comes down to personal preference and what you're looking to pay. "

If you have never ridden one, be prepared for a completely different experience. I had only ever ridden Japs and Italians prior to buying a BMW last year, it's "different".

By *edyarisCouple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough or Ullswater

I'm in the same boat. Most, if not all, of the magazine reviews say the BMW is the best tourer and it seems regularly win the tourer category in annual awards, I've never ridden one so can't comment at the moment, I'm looking forward to garage's re opening so I can get out and try a few but I guess it all comes down to personal preference and what you're looking to pay.

If you have never ridden one, be prepared for a completely different experience. I had only ever ridden Japs and Italians prior to buying a BMW last year, it's "different". "

I came late to biking so I've not got a lot of bike experience to compare it to as I've only really riden the 125 I learnt on and the aprilia 750 I sold recently. I know it's going to be a lot heavier but I've been told that they're easy to handle.

By *ursecretsshh13Couple  over a year ago

crewe

Another vote for the FJR.How ever the easiest bike I ever ride was the GS1250.

By *reenlanerCouple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Ive had a pan European and a few fjr

And 3 Kawasaki gtr1400

The fjr is lighter that the gtr and a nice ride

But handling sheer grunt and comfort the Gtr wins hands down

I have a suzi GSX fa 1250 dose everything i want cant fault it.

By *rkkidMan  over a year ago

Cork

Looking to sell the fz1.

Fjr, gtr or super tenere are my top choice of 3..

Comfort wise I need more upright position(wrists).. Daily commute is 50miles each way so changing from chain also to shaftdriven is a non brainer..

Anyone with experience any advice ? Sory for hijacking the thread

Thunderace i love it..

By *ikercouple76Couple  over a year ago

West Stow

I've got 2 Suzuki gsx1250fa's very comfortable for long trips, plenty of torque.

» Add a new message to this topic