FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Just done my CBT

Just done my CBT

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ig G34 OP   Man  over a year ago

fi

Hi all. Ive just done my CBT. Just looking for sume advice. Is it worth getting a 125cc for a few months, or just go for the DAS?

Cheers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugyukMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Go for DAS

fi

cheers

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

DAS. But consider how good your riding and road skill are if they offer you a package. I paid £540 for cbt and 10 hours of lessons and mod1 and mod2. I did my cbt and one one hour lesson on the big bike and did my mod1. I then did another 30 min lesson then my mod2 which I passed. On reflection I could have just paid the hourly rate for lessons. I’m not complaining but you don’t get a refund. Remember when driving your car you can pretend you are on a bike to hone your road skills by doing your observations etc. Good luck.

fi

Das seem to be the way. Cheers

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Don't rule out the 125cc if you're totally new to bikes, there are pros and cons for bigger and smaller capacity bikes but it's dangerous out there and sometimes a 125cc will be easier for you to get experience on before progressing to bigger faster bikes.

At the end of the day you control the speed regardless of the cc but with a bigger bike things can happen pretty quickly !

Good luck, stay safe and keep it shiny side up

Well done go for the DAS if you can

I went straight for the das 2 years ago figured it was same price to buy a second hand 600 as it was to buy a 125 done most of my lessons on my own bike and passed mod1 and 2 on my own bike so was good to go straight away now have a brand new 650 and love every minute of it

By *ableboyMan  over a year ago

Stockton

DaS every time, don't mess about. Go straight for it.

By *astlincscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Tinsel Town

DAS.

Oh and congratulations. Welcome to the club.

By *reativecouplederbyCouple  over a year ago

Derby

Congrats :D

Depends on your level of experience - I'd recommend getting a cheap 125 to keep you riding while you wait for your next test, and if when you get the 125 you're not totally at ease with it, wait a few months and get used to being out on the road before committing to a test you might not be ready for

By *im ZeeMan  over a year ago

staffs/chesh

I had a 125 for a few years just on CBT, mainly as I had to save to get enough cash to do my DAS and buy a bike etc. I personally would have done the DAS earlier had I been able to but the experience I picked up on the 125 was invaluable. Being out on the road is where you learn to ride not on a learning pad. Having a 125 means you don’t have the power to get out of a scrape if needed so you become better at looking for hazards which all becomes very useful when you get the bigger bike

fi

thanks. Cant wait to gwt out on the road.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I passed ny test before we had the DAS system, I found it a benefit riding for a few months before passing my test.

Also it helped me save up for the VFR400R, when I finally did go for my test

Congratulations!

Have to agree with the above post, my test was many many moons ago. But definitely benefitted from some time on a 125 before also heading up the chain to a VFR400 which I loved and was a nice stepping stone to my ZX9.....which I am probably getting a bit old for now but just can’t say goodbye to it.

Whatever you decide, stay safe and good luck.

fi

Thanks for all the advice. Im in two minds.

» Add a new message to this topic