FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Just dropped

Just dropped

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eenb4 OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Hi all need a shoulder to use. Just dropped me bike gutted. Stalled at juntion hard right turn. Bugger. Flasher and brake leaver bought it. Couple of slight scratches. Phew. Sore back from picking the bloody thing up tho another cherry popped I guess

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Crash bungs mate!

That's a bummer for sure, main thing is you're largely okay.

Your bike can be mended.

Little consolation now I know...

By *rivenSnowCouple  over a year ago

Uk

All been there. I did a slow riding day and dropped mine there learning the basics.

Newcastle

Many thanks. Yep crash bungs may have helped the little bit of paint work. Live and learn. More worried about my back than the bike I can replace the parts needed.

By *exbot 1Man  over a year ago

Chester le street

Sorry to that. It happened to once few years back bloody gravel as I turned. Hope you're ok

By *anderMan  over a year ago

Perth

I few months ago I took delivery of my brand new Ducati… dropped it two minutes later, felt like a right dickhead

But it’s only parts, don’t let it get to ya, but don’t forget it ether, always learning

If all your accidents are minor ones. Youre having a good life. Thats the way i look at it.

Get up, dust yourself down and get the duct tape and cable ties out.

Not everyone can do that.

"If all your accidents are minor ones. Youre having a good life. Thats the way i look at it.

Get up, dust yourself down and get the duct tape and cable ties out.

Not everyone can do that. "

So true !!

By *olokxMan  over a year ago

Midlands

Dont sweat it, happens the best of us tbh.

As others said dust yourself off and get going again, helps get rid of the coulda,woulda,shoulda about the situation.

Have a ride through the same junction at a quiet time and get a beter feel for the bike in certain manuovers.

What you riding?

I dropped one on the road a few years back,I jumped back on just as quick and gtfo of the area and on my mx bike about once everytime Im out haha.

Newcastle

Yep ot could have been worse parts ordered. 02 kawasaki zx6r. Tough little bike I guess. Can't wait to get back on once flasher arrives. Just a bit of should have known better but then gravity takes over. Grr live and always learning as you say. Xx

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

We've all been there.

By *haron1701DTV/TS  over a year ago

ormskirk

Try dropping an ST1100

Expensive - mirror & cover alone well over £150, pannier lid £285

and then trying to pick up a 489lb bike on yer own !!!! New spine pls

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

A few years ago I was out on the Yorkshire Moors on my own I decided to ride through a shallow Ford.

On the exit I touched the front brake and of course the front wheel locked, I came to a stop but the bike started to go down and I just couldn't hold it up.

An XJR1300 with a full tank of fuel, god knows how but I managed to pick it up and get going again, only bent the front brake lever. I definitely couldn't do that now.

Dropped a Triumph 1050 sprint with loaded panniers and a full topbox after stalling it while pulling out of a passing place on the pass of the cattle whilst pointed downhill. I had a (useless) pillion but still couldn't pick the bike up as it had fallen with the slope which was quite steep.

Fortunately the car driver that i had pulled over for to let come past me up the hill saw this in his rear view mirror and reversed back down the hill and helped me right the bike.

Not been back to Applecross since, well you wouldn't would you?...

"Hi all need a shoulder to use. Just dropped me bike gutted. Stalled at juntion hard right turn. Bugger. Flasher and brake leaver bought it. Couple of slight scratches. Phew. Sore back from picking the bloody thing up tho another cherry popped I guess"

Ah man it’s such a crap feeling isn’t it. I was clipped pretty badly a few weeks ago by an old dear but the bungs did their job thankfully. New mirror and a £200 fairing but could of been much worse.

Hope the backs ok chum

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

At least you dropped it at a low speed, the biggest dent is to the ego and pride. Just don't make a habit of it, it can get expensive.

"We've all been there. "

Sp true....every biker we know has dropped a bike at some time or other....dust yourself off, jump back on and look at these things as learning opportunities...

As others as said - at the end of the day, it's just a thing that can be repaired etc...

Ahh sorry to hear that. It’ll be up and running again in no time.

I dropped mine when I pulled off lightly with the disk lock still attached. At least you got moving!

By *vanabeusedTV/TS  over a year ago

somewhere

All done it

» Add a new message to this topic