FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > To end season or not?

To end season or not?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *dglasgow30 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

So winter is getting closer and am in 2 minds to put bike away till spring. Normally use my fz6 all year round but it's off road needing fixed so only have zx10 just now.

The cold I can handle but that low sun glare in the rain is the death of me lol. Plus I hate cleaning then drying bike after a wet dirty salty day as just want showered n changed after a day out.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aggismuncher69Man  over a year ago

Johnstone

I was out on Sunday for a 350 mile blast and it was awesome even though it was damp in bits. I did have the feeling that may be it for this year though. My mate binned his busa taking it out late in season and regretted it!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm done for the year. Just need to start planning next year now.

By *illgossardTV/TS  over a year ago

Monmouth

I use mine all year. Mainly commuting. There are still a lot of really nice dry warm days.

It's good for the mechanical bits to keep moving. Also useful to keep fresh petrol running through it.

By *ev257Man  over a year ago

cardiff

Just bought myself a 350 a few months ago n last time I had a bike was over 30 years ago n I use to use it all year round.

Am hoping to do the same now, but am finding it a bit cold in mornings on bike going to work, just hope I can keep going through winter, the way I use to.

By *ikerdude2017Man  over a year ago

Retford

I need to keep mine running, Battery well hidden. So can't charge. Also MOT December, I mean who MOTs their bike In December. Got bike in July. Looks ok weather for weekend. I'm north Notts if anyone wants to ride out

By *ugehandsMan  over a year ago

Fife/ Newcastle

I've been hoping for one more good ride out before putting the bike to bed. But I've decided to clean them this weekend put them on the stands plug in the trickle chargers and cover them up till April.

I find it easier if I can see them when I go into the garage.

My sprint 1050 is sorn'd,tank removed, drained and in the the house along with the battery.The gsxs will be sorn'd at the end of the month, tank drained and battery out.Brakes refurbed on the sprint and new C&S on the gsxs over the winter.

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

I ride my Fazer 1000 for pleasure all year round.

As long as there's no salt about and it's dry at least one of mine will stay taxed.

By *icple4u2Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

Probably wait until the end of the month and see how things go but I must get around to fitting the trickle charger at some point.

Got a pass out on Saturday so looking forward to a blast. Praying that it is dry.

glasgow

I think I will keep ninja till the end of the month then get her in the garage for the winter. So hoping for 1 nice weekend before that happens.

"I need to keep mine running, Battery well hidden. So can't charge. Also MOT December, I mean who MOTs their bike In December. Got bike in July. Looks ok weather for weekend. I'm north Notts if anyone wants to ride out"
buy a trickle charger they come with a extension lead so you just plug the charger in when you get home, I have one for all my bikes

By *lyreelMan  over a year ago

King's lynn

"As long as there's no salt about and it's dry at least one of mine will stay taxed."

Same here, I ride until the salt comes out, nothing worse than seeing the bikes become tarnished by it!

Dry warm days... not in glasgow.

glasgow

Have you looked out your works window today lol

"Have you looked out your works window today lol"

Sunny, yes. Dry, yes. Warm, fuck no!!!

Retford

I'm so hopping for a dry Sunday will check out Squires. Not been before. Anyone that way hmu.

I'll keep mine out for a little longer

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Ours will be sorn end of this month, well all but one, as the tax doesn't run out till end of November so just wait till then to sorn the Triumph Explorer. We never take our bikes out once the salt goes down

By *eardyBikerMan  over a year ago

nr stoney

Ordinary would all year round commute where feasible ...but bought a cheap wee diesel to chug up n down the road .

In fairness prefer the cooler days on the bike , layered up but agree with OP low sun and shite on roads / visor is a pain

By *edfred77Couple  over a year ago

warrington

My Yamaha midnight star1300 haveing m.o.t monday..then its away ..till xmas day

I bought a little Honda XR200 last year as a winter bike for my commute. Took my Triumph Scrambler off the road over winter. Hoping to sell the Triumph soon and look for something else

By *hocksandmissusCouple  over a year ago

Chester-ish

We took a ride out today for a few hours but as we where coming back and the night was chilling down we did say oooo that might be the last of the year xxxx

By *nsatiableWoman  over a year ago

Newmarket

Two of mine go away once the salt starts getting laid but the others are used all year. No such thing as biking season just decent gear!

By *attooed gentMan  over a year ago

anywhere everywhere

"So winter is getting closer and am in 2 minds to put bike away till spring. Normally use my fz6 all year round but it's off road needing fixed so only have zx10 just now.

The cold I can handle but that low sun glare in the rain is the death of me lol. Plus I hate cleaning then drying bike after a wet dirty salty day as just want showered n changed after a day out."

I’m still out on mine unfortunately I need to still use bike for emergency blood run’s

Retford

I have the winter gear, will be out on it Thursday as car In garage. But pleasure rides will be come rare as the weather turns colder. Crazily have MOT in December only just got bike so hope it passes.

Retford

I have the winter gear, will be out on it Thursday as car In garage. But pleasure rides will be come rare as the weather turns colder. Crazily have MOT in December only just got bike so hope it passes.

By *teve_S65Man  over a year ago

Peterborough

"So winter is getting closer and am in 2 minds to put bike away till spring. Normally use my fz6 all year round but it's off road needing fixed so only have zx10 just now.

The cold I can handle but that low sun glare in the rain is the death of me lol. Plus I hate cleaning then drying bike after a wet dirty salty day as just want showered n changed after a day out.

I’m still out on mine unfortunately I need to still use bike for emergency blood run’s "

Another Blood Biker here so all year round riding for me

By *iavelmanMan  over a year ago

Worcester

Mines off the road until I can get it to the garage and fixed. As long as there is no snow or ice I’ll still be out occasionally. First bike rally end of January!

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I didn't sorn the XJR so I have another month to use it if its dry. I don't mind the weather it's the 5 hours cleaning it afterwards if I get caught in the rain etc.

I will use my Transalp for work now but the Mot ran out last week and I need to do some work on it before I take it in, so I'm commuting in my van at the moment. Fingers crossed I'll sort it next week.

I did manage to go green laning at the weekend and that was mega, lots of puddles, very slippery, wet and a good laugh.

Just got back from a ride on my honda xl250 degree cold but nice

By *ecorumtvTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

I use mine all year, except for icy weather. You get great days during winter. And I have grip and seat heating!

It does not take long to wash down if the roads were salty and driving it keeps the battery and much else in good shape.

Worcester

Just bought a heated jacket to make those winter rides more comfortable. I’ve had a heated vest for years and it does a good job but the arms can get a bit chilled on longer journeys. This thread reminded me to review my winter riding gear!

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

If it's dry I'm going out

By *lyreelMan  over a year ago

King's lynn

"Just bought a heated jacket to make those winter rides more comfortable. I’ve had a heated vest for years and it does a good job but the arms can get a bit chilled on longer journeys. This thread reminded me to review my winter riding gear! "

Which one? I have a vest and looking at a jacket also! Have you used it yet?

By *j321Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

I ride all year round just wrap.up warm

Worcester

"Just bought a heated jacket to make those winter rides more comfortable. I’ve had a heated vest for years and it does a good job but the arms can get a bit chilled on longer journeys. This thread reminded me to review my winter riding gear!

Which one? I have a vest and looking at a jacket also! Have you used it yet? "

The Keis one. I need to send it back for a different size though.

I only stop for ice or snow. I ride all year.

By *var The BonelessMan  over a year ago

Buntingford

I found I wasn’t using the car during lockdown so I sold it. It’s bike all the time for me now so I’m clocking about 25k miles a year. I’m well kitted with goretex and heated kit so not worried about the cold and wet. That low sun though is a real pain while commuting specially if the roads are wet and you get the glare off it. The only option is to back off the pace and look as far ahead as possible and be prepared for those moments when you’re completely blinded.

Just got my Honda Deauville back today

Serious crash this time last year so nice to be back out on 2 wheels

Wee 10 mile run to work but might take a longer route home when I finish tonight

By *igGs19Woman  over a year ago

Castle Douglas

Cleaned, prepped and ACF50'd, ready for whatever winter brings. Feel like if I waited for warm and dry weather I'd be better buying another car. Bikes on the road all year, will take advantage of the nice days over the winter

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Mines been acf50'd within an inch of its life, keeping the rust at bay so far. Daily 45mile round trip commute

By *adlad65Man  over a year ago

Peterborough

Taxed and insured all year round just in case that crisp clear frost free day turns up.... although it's mud on the road that's stopping my pleasure right now..

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering/ Market Harborough

My Ducati is wrapped up nice and warm in the garage with the trickle charger plugged in. Just plucking up the courage to SORN it

By *ornwallkink2017Couple  over a year ago

Cornwall

It’s got to be all year round, so many great days to get out and about on. I’ve not long had a Tiger 1200 with heated everything and traction control, driver modes, abs…. Best I find out if they work!

» Add a new message to this topic