FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Opinion on Honda DCT

Opinion on Honda DCT

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ouble_The_Delight OP   Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

I have been riding for about 7 years now, currently have a Fazer 1000, have developed a neurological problem in my left lower leg which means at the moment I am unable to ride due to being unable to change gear. Was wondering if anyone had ridden an automatica/ clutch less bike as if this problem doesn't resolve I may have to get one. Thanks in advance for any replies.

k

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have few friends who have them and they love them, bets think would be to go to dealer and test ride one.

What you thinking Africa twin

Wakefield

"Have few friends who have them and they love them, bets think would be to go to dealer and test ride one.

What you thinking Africa twin "

Thank you for your reply, not sure which one but will test drive one and see how it goes if I can't get back to riding mine

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have arthritis in both hands and have been looking at Hondas VFR 1200 F, the. NC 750 X and the VFR Crosstourer. Let us know how you get on.

By *ikester85Man  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Mate has an auto Africa twin, says on road it's fine, but off road he finds it lacks the control you get with a clutch, being able to slip it etc.

By *ichi_acerMan  over a year ago

notts

They fantastic gearboxes other manufacturers will be developing their own versions I bet

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

i had 1 of the first honda 400 automatics back in the 80,s when i smashed my left knee up did the job got me back on the road ready for the TT but after canning it over the mountain in first it neede a pint of oil lol

By *arkgMan  over a year ago

Dundee

I have a honda vfr1200fd it's really good and comfortable to ride done a few long rides on it ??

Wakefield

Thank you everyone for your replies.

k

By *igGs19Woman  over a year ago

Castle Douglas

Have ridden the previous model NC750X DCT and the previous model Africa Twin (1000) DCT. Takes some getting used to, would recommend getting trained to use it properly. Honda do training on them at their training school. Fantastic bit of kit though and definitely something I'd consider in the future. Current bike has a quick shift up and down so managing with that ok for now, but if my dodgy nerve damaged hand gets any worse, DCT will be the way to go!

By *eepjoyMan  over a year ago

truro

I had an 2016 Africa Twin DCT. I Loved it. I did some off road and it was fine.

The only issue I had was when needing to move very slowly I could never work out when the bite point would be. That was on a 2016 machine and I know the 2018 DCT was an improvement.

Overall though it was excellent.

Wakefield

"Have ridden the previous model NC750X DCT and the previous model Africa Twin (1000) DCT. Takes some getting used to, would recommend getting trained to use it properly. Honda do training on them at their training school. Fantastic bit of kit though and definitely something I'd consider in the future. Current bike has a quick shift up and down so managing with that ok for now, but if my dodgy nerve damaged hand gets any worse, DCT will be the way to go!"

Thank you, have been looking at them both online.

Wakefield

"I had an 2016 Africa Twin DCT. I Loved it. I did some off road and it was fine.

The only issue I had was when needing to move very slowly I could never work out when the bite point would be. That was on a 2016 machine and I know the 2018 DCT was an improvement.

Overall though it was excellent. "

Thank you for that.

By *ondonerMan  over a year ago

London / Essex borders

I've had the NC750x DCT since 2018 and it's Ben a revelation!

Coming from a 2009 Kawasaki Z1000 I know it would chalk and cheese, but it's just such a capable, flickable bike, and the DCT is the icing on the cake.

Bought primarily as a new job meant commuting from Essex to SW London each day, the DCT and fuel efficiency were key factors.

What I didn't expect was that the really low centre of gravity (fuel tank is beneath you!) and the sport 3 mode would actually make it a fun bike at the weekends!

One thing if advise if you're considering it, is perhaps skip the current ride by wire throttle, as there have been a fair number of stalling issues reported, and indeed I believe a recall is underway as this is rather dangerous at a junction for instance

By *utocraft001Man  over a year ago

Halifax

Have you looked At these kits? You use a hand clutch but all the gear selection is on a button.

https://disabledmotorcycleriders.com/flatshifter-max-gear-changes-at-the-touch-of-a-button/

Wakefield

"Have you looked At these kits? You use a hand clutch but all the gear selection is on a button.

https://disabledmotorcycleriders.com/flatshifter-max-gear-changes-at-the-touch-of-a-button/"

I didn't know about that so I will look it up.

Thanks

Wakefield

"I've had the NC750x DCT since 2018 and it's Ben a revelation!

Coming from a 2009 Kawasaki Z1000 I know it would chalk and cheese, but it's just such a capable, flickable bike, and the DCT is the icing on the cake.

Bought primarily as a new job meant commuting from Essex to SW London each day, the DCT and fuel efficiency were key factors.

What I didn't expect was that the really low centre of gravity (fuel tank is beneath you!) and the sport 3 mode would actually make it a fun bike at the weekends!

One thing if advise if you're considering it, is perhaps skip the current ride by wire throttle, as there have been a fair number of stalling issues reported, and indeed I believe a recall is underway as this is rather dangerous at a junction for instance "

Thank you for reply, am doing lots of research so is very helpful, even though weather is rubbish I am missing getting out on my bike

» Add a new message to this topic