FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > New bike day.

New bike day.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxycouple28 OP   Couple  over a year ago

bexley

So really happy.... after being without for most of the summer following (not my fault) a bike accident, yesterday I picked up a mint condition Kawasaki Z1000sx from Hull and road it back to London.

Fantastic bike and really happy with it!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"So really happy.... after being without for most of the summer following (not my fault) a bike accident, yesterday I picked up a mint condition Kawasaki Z1000sx from Hull and road it back to London.

Fantastic bike and really happy with it!!"

Happy new bike day OP. Mrs F loved her Z1000sx, fantastic bike

By *YLINDERCouple  over a year ago

CARDIFF

Enjoy keep safe.

bexley

Cheers, did you end up changing the seat? On a long run it starts to feel like sitting on a bench!

Durham

"Cheers, did you end up changing the seat? On a long run it starts to feel like sitting on a bench! "

Very petite so had no issue with the seat. Had to put lowering links on as Mrs F is only 5'2

By *ale4FWBMan  over a year ago

Leeds

New bike day is so exciting - mine was last week riding my xsr900 back from the midlands.

Durham

"New bike day is so exciting - mine was last week riding my xsr900 back from the midlands."

Mine is the complete opposite, yesterday my bike was written off after a stupid driver knocked us off the other week. She is being prosecuted. so a sad broken bike gone day for me

bexley

"New bike day is so exciting - mine was last week riding my xsr900 back from the midlands.

Mine is the complete opposite, yesterday my bike was written off after a stupid driver knocked us off the other week. She is being prosecuted. so a sad broken bike gone day for me "

I feel your pain. I only got a new one because mine got written off know March by someone who pulled put on me without looking. I had to wait until now as insurance suddenly decided I basically had to have a garage so waited until I moved house.

Durham

"New bike day is so exciting - mine was last week riding my xsr900 back from the midlands.

Mine is the complete opposite, yesterday my bike was written off after a stupid driver knocked us off the other week. She is being prosecuted. so a sad broken bike gone day for me

I feel your pain. I only got a new one because mine got written off know March by someone who pulled put on me without looking. I had to wait until now as insurance suddenly decided I basically had to have a garage so waited until I moved house. "

I have always needed a brick built building to house my bikes for insurance. Always had super bikes in the past so maybe that was why. I'm lucky enough to have another bike but was offered a hire bike which i declined. Also she admitted liability to the police (once dash cam footage came forward) at the scene which helps with insurance claim

bexley

Yeah without a garage this time, regardless of bike would add £1000 to the cost of insurance.

By *illyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

What shade of green did you go for

By *ale4FWBMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Have never had the garage issue. The xsr900 is kept outside under a cover , locked to two wall anchors, alarmed disc lock , immobiliser , tracker , data tagged . This seemed to satisfy the insurance company. Premium only a tad over £350.

bexley

"What shade of green did you go for "

It's not. It's a factory colour but metallic copper orange and black. I'm bias I know but absolutely stunning!

bexley

"Have never had the garage issue. The xsr900 is kept outside under a cover , locked to two wall anchors, alarmed disc lock , immobiliser , tracker , data tagged . This seemed to satisfy the insurance company. Premium only a tad over £350."

I didn't on my previous bike... just since my last one bit the dust

By *illyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Ah 17 plate then. Best colour as they say

By *arne affamattaMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

Mine is the complete opposite, yesterday my bike was written off after a stupid driver knocked us off the other week. She is being prosecuted. so a sad broken bike gone day for me "

Sorry to hear this F&B, at least you are both ok which is the main thing. I got knocked off back in May whilst stationary waiting to turn right. Bike repaired but my leg still isn't 100%. The worst thing is that it's knocked my confidence on the bike. Been back out a few times but I haven't enjoyed the last couple for some reason.

Durham

Sorry to hear this F&B, at least you are both ok which is the main thing. I got knocked off back in May whilst stationary waiting to turn right. Bike repaired but my leg still isn't 100%. The worst thing is that it's knocked my confidence on the bike. Been back out a few times but I haven't enjoyed the last couple for some reason."

Yes we are both ok, just a few niggles left but getting back to full fitness everyday. We've both been back out on our bikes and confidence is all good

By *arne affamattaMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

Sorry to hear this F&B, at least you are both ok which is the main thing. I got knocked off back in May whilst stationary waiting to turn right. Bike repaired but my leg still isn't 100%. The worst thing is that it's knocked my confidence on the bike. Been back out a few times but I haven't enjoyed the last couple for some reason.

Yes we are both ok, just a few niggles left but getting back to full fitness everyday. We've both been back out on our bikes and confidence is all good "

Great news, glad all is well and confidence is still there. Enjoy the rest of the sunshine that we have left.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Congrats on new bike day

Durham

Now you have had weekend with your new bike OP, how has it been

bexley

Fantastic! Such an incredible bike.... definitely no regrets.

By *lim and louiseCouple  over a year ago

dromore

Durham

"Fantastic! Such an incredible bike.... definitely no regrets. "

Brilliant, we were camped next to a couple over the weekend at a bike rally, they had one each and couldn't fault them

» Add a new message to this topic