FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Cruiser vs sports bike

Cruiser vs sports bike

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *1 Tattooed Couple 20 OP   Couple  over a year ago

north east

What do you prefer and why ? (Yes i get yhey are completely different types of bikes but if you where to only own one)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

In my twenties I'd have said sports bike, now in my 50s cruiser. We all know the reason #getting older not old

By *1 Tattooed Couple 20 OP   Couple  over a year ago

north east

Im in my 20s and ride a Harley davidson dyna and a yamaha xvs1100

By *att_rMan  over a year ago

ripley

Im in my 40s and love my sportsbikes. The speed and acceleration give me a buzz.....plus leathers hold my less firm bits in haha

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

An age progression for me.

Sports bikes and tourers through street fighter and suoermoto and now cruisers. Too old to be chucking myself at the scenery. Just cruise and look at it.

Have to say sports ,well for a couple more years

By *eardedvillainMan  over a year ago

Bangor N.Ireland

Neither,I was always superbikes but with old injuries went to a naked plus a sports tourer.

By *ikerdude2017Man  over a year ago

Retford

"What do you prefer and why ? (Yes i get yhey are completely different types of bikes but if you where to only own one)"

Got to be a cruiser they look and sound awesome, loving your bike especially with the lady riding it.

By *iker BullMan  over a year ago

leeds

Hypermotard, bonkers fun and much comfier than a sports bike ,and lighter than cruiser,,win win

By *oopaandchampersCouple  over a year ago

St Johns

Well I have a few different styles in my shed...and to be honest I threw my Harley Fatboy down the road in June... too quick and ran out of ground clearance boom down it went... busted collarbone .bike needed a new exhaust.... got away with one....so my tip lol ....cruise on a cruiser....I used ride it like my super motard....not anymore.

By *achelnMarkCouple  over a year ago

Mid Wiltshire

mid sized "adventure" bike, much happier plodding along and seeing things rather than pushing on.

By *ouplewanting30Couple  over a year ago

Thetford

I've had a indian scout bobber and it was all about comfort and noise. Now I've a bmw s1000rr and it's speed and looks and it's made me a better rider. Need to think quicker and can actually take a corner without grinding the pegs .

By *utdoorfun7474Couple  over a year ago

armagh

It’s all about the fun no matter what you may be riding

By *hromosexualsCouple  over a year ago

Near Abercynon

Cruisers. Not an age thing, we just both prefer them. We keep a couple of tourers too because the other passion is going a long way away.

Sports bike all day long for me

By *att_rMan  over a year ago

ripley

Id love to tour on mine, unfortuneatly neither my back or wrists could take the pain! Still love it though

By *errymanxxxMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Definitely a cruiser

By *utocraft001Man  over a year ago

Halifax

Started out on Harley fat boy. Now superbike (1299). I spent a lot of time getting it comfy. I can ride it all day now.

Bobble along when in that mood and push on like a 20 year old when I’m that way out.

Grew up on sports bikes but now own a 1200 bandit,comfortable but still have some fun on it

By *rs biWoman  over a year ago

tuxford

Get a super naked. Aprilia tuono or something like that. Best of both worlds then.

By *arleycplCouple  over a year ago

Leyburn

Andy always had sports bikes, RG 500, firebleds and a few others, since we met and I love cruisers he's moved to a 1100 Virago and is rebuilding a 350 LC

Durham

"I've had a indian scout bobber and it was all about comfort and noise. Now I've a bmw s1000rr and it's speed and looks and it's made me a better rider. Need to think quicker and can actually take a corner without grinding the pegs . "

I have a bobber for the more sedate ride and a Triumph Explorer 1200xrx for the quicker adrenaline fueled ride. Explorer is a lot more comfortable than my blade which I still say was the best, most exciting bike I've ever owned, a rocket ship

Bangor N.Ireland

"Get a super naked. Aprilia tuono or something like that. Best of both worlds then. "

My mate just sold his 2022 tuono factory what a bike

Bangor N.Ireland

"I've had a indian scout bobber and it was all about comfort and noise. Now I've a bmw s1000rr and it's speed and looks and it's made me a better rider. Need to think quicker and can actually take a corner without grinding the pegs .

I have a bobber for the more sedate ride and a Triumph Explorer 1200xrx for the quicker adrenaline fueled ride. Explorer is a lot more comfortable than my blade which I still say was the best, most exciting bike I've ever owned, a rocket ship "

I've owned a few blades my 954 was a favourite

By *ubbles12312Couple  over a year ago

stockport

Mostly naked bikes but now have a zzr1400 a 200mph sofa not a full on sports bike or a touring bike just good at everything

Sports, power , speed, haven’t stopped living

By *othighlander2Man  over a year ago

North Inverness

Yep loved my 954's..if i had the money I'd buy another tomorrow..got an S1000xr now great fun and comfort..don't think i would suit a cruiser..well not yet!

"I've had a indian scout bobber and it was all about comfort and noise. Now I've a bmw s1000rr and it's speed and looks and it's made me a better rider. Need to think quicker and can actually take a corner without grinding the pegs .

I have a bobber for the more sedate ride and a Triumph Explorer 1200xrx for the quicker adrenaline fueled ride. Explorer is a lot more comfortable than my blade which I still say was the best, most exciting bike I've ever owned, a rocket ship

I've owned a few blades my 954 was a favourite "

By *itolderguy48Man  over a year ago

Newport

Definitely a cruiser,big smile when I fire up my harley dyna. The neighbours are not so happy though.

By *rs biWoman  over a year ago

tuxford

"Get a super naked. Aprilia tuono or something like that. Best of both worlds then.

My mate just sold his 2022 tuono factory what a bike "

Hubby has 2019

By *gainagainMan  over a year ago

pontypridd

One of each, both old. The sprint is my commuter.

By *edfordBiMarriedMan  over a year ago

Bedford

Over the years I have had all sorts, but never a sports bike, they have never appealed to me.

I’ve had a fizzle, a 250 Suzuki, a 250 super dream, z750 twin, (which I bought in Germany in late 70’s a rare bike now by all accounts). Moved on to bmw tourers, last one being a R1100Rt, then moved to a Harley sportster, at my age I found riding a naked too bloody exhausting, having to hold on for grim death all day long.

So I currently have a Streetglide which I really enjoy riding. Comfortable and sounds great too.

I do find lots of (mostly sports)bikers have a negative opinion on Harley’s. For me whether you are on a 50cc moped or the biggest, fastest most expensive bike going, if ur on two wheels you will do for me.

For all those that look down on smaller bikes it’s worth remembering which bike has sold the most around the world………. the humble Honda Cub 90 ???????

By *ister E ManMan  over a year ago

South Shields

Starting my journey into riding, I started late and can't stop kicking myself for not getting a bike sooner. I've not got as much experience as some riders on here. Saying all that, after riding a dullville, I fell asleep.

After riding a FJR I creamed.

After riding my VMAX I needed counselling and new shoulders from its ass kicking acceleration. Then to top it off I swapped the max for a Blackbird and fuck me it's a nawty bike.

So to get to the point I prefer a sports cruiser it ticks all the boxes..

Bangor N.Ireland

"Starting my journey into riding, I started late and can't stop kicking myself for not getting a bike sooner. I've not got as much experience as some riders on here. Saying all that, after riding a dullville, I fell asleep.

After riding a FJR I creamed.

After riding my VMAX I needed counselling and new shoulders from its ass kicking acceleration. Then to top it off I swapped the max for a Blackbird and fuck me it's a nawty bike.

So to get to the point I prefer a sports cruiser it ticks all the boxes.. "

Have you had a go on a triumph sprint st 1050 ,I own one and they are a great sports tourer .

Age is probably dictating this one with me too

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

For the sheer lunacy of the rapid acceleration, handling, and grin factor, it has to be the sports bike.

Shame my body wants a nice comfy adventure bike.

By *unglebook40Man  over a year ago

hull

Rule 1 of being a biker....

One bike is never enough.

So, all bases should be covered depending on your mood

I had a 998 Ducati that I did everything on even spent a month touring around Italy with a tank bag and throw over panniers and i did a few track days, great fun, I don't know why you need a tourer, I had a goldwing back in the day found it boring and everything touched down in corners I now have a old school Monster that does everything I need it to do

By *ansexualPandaMan  over a year ago

Your Bed

I've owned both. Choosing between flickable fun and smooth cruising? It's not easy but while other bikes have come and gone my cruiser will always remain my baby.

By *ansexualPandaMan  over a year ago

Your Bed

"Rule 1 of being a biker....

One bike is never enough.

So, all bases should be covered depending on your mood "

This is my answer too!

By *vanabeusedTV/TS  over a year ago

somewhere

Big engined naked . Can’t get used to feet forward . But when my backs not protesting there still nothing like a sport bike

By *xplorer30Man  over a year ago

Attleborough

Sports bike. But nowadays adventure bike .Triumph 1200 Explorer i can mix it with a lot of Sports bikes, with the comfort and the luxury of having panniers and top box .ive shocked a few sportbike riders along the way as it handles.

By *lues travellerMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Always had fast bikes ,dodgy back ,wrists made me go the harley route.

By *irate101Man  over a year ago

Halifax

I've had every bike from the Honda CBR1000f to shitty Harley Davidson Dyna Glide 1450cc. The Yamaha Raider 1900cc (chopper style) was good fun but now I'm more than happy with my Yamaha Royal Star 1300 with auto cruise and straight through pipes ha ha. Actually rode from Halifax Yorkshire down to Hastings 3 weeks ago and only took me 6 hours with fuel stops

By *irate101Man  over a year ago

Halifax

"What do you prefer and why ? (Yes i get yhey are completely different types of bikes but if you where to only own one)"

I've had the Harley Dyna Glide 1450cc and thought it was a pile of crap lol. Then I've had the Yamaha Raider 1900cc, I'm currently riding the Yamaha Royal Star xvz1300 and this is an amazing machine. Not sports bike fast but omg so comfortable. Pity I can't send you a picture of my bikes lol. But yeah the star is what I'm keeping with. (well that and the Triumph 6.50 chopper I built back in 1998, I'll never get rid of that ha ha)

By *ragaCouple  over a year ago

Salisbury

"Over the years I have had all sorts, but never a sports bike, they have never appealed to me.

I’ve had a fizzle, a 250 Suzuki, a 250 super dream, z750 twin, (which I bought in Germany in late 70’s a rare bike now by all accounts). Moved on to bmw tourers, last one being a R1100Rt, then moved to a Harley sportster, at my age I found riding a naked too bloody exhausting, having to hold on for grim death all day long.

So I currently have a Streetglide which I really enjoy riding. Comfortable and sounds great too.

I do find lots of (mostly sports)bikers have a negative opinion on Harley’s. For me whether you are on a 50cc moped or the biggest, fastest most expensive bike going, if ur on two wheels you will do for me.

For all those that look down on smaller bikes it’s worth remembering which bike has sold the most around the world………. the humble Honda Cub 90 ???????"

Also came off an R1100 RT, but too heavy for me now...made the change to a superscooter - Honda Forza 750...a revelation...maybe nit vool in the UK, but ridden twice the distance overall than on my BMW....

By *ragaCouple  over a year ago

Salisbury

"Over the years I have had all sorts, but never a sports bike, they have never appealed to me.

For all those that look down on smaller bikes it’s worth remembering which bike has sold the most around the world………. the humble Honda Cub 90 ???????

Also came off an R1100 RT, but too heavy for me now...made the change to a superscooter - Honda Forza 750...a revelation...maybe nit vool in the UK, but ridden twice the distance overall than on my BMW...."

Not cool even

Just got myself a triumph sprint 955i

[Removed by poster at 05/11/22 12:02:58]

"Sports bike. But nowadays adventure bike .Triumph 1200 Explorer i can mix it with a lot of Sports bikes, with the comfort and the luxury of having panniers and top box .ive shocked a few sportbike riders along the way as it handles."
long time since I've had a top box ruins the handling especially if you have shit in it tank bag and a set of throwover panniers is the way forward !

Durham

"Sports bike. But nowadays adventure bike .Triumph 1200 Explorer i can mix it with a lot of Sports bikes, with the comfort and the luxury of having panniers and top box .ive shocked a few sportbike riders along the way as it handles. long time since I've had a top box ruins the handling especially if you have shit in it tank bag and a set of throwover panniers is the way forward !"

Couldn't disagree more. Went to Alps few years ago on my Pan, my mate on his blackbird couldn't shake me off. Top box didn't hold me back. He was amazed at the handling of my Pan

By *ev257Man  over a year ago

cardiff

The bike I just love the look of n it looks like a classic whenever I think of 1970s bikes is the royal enfield interceptor 650.

Not the fastest bike in the world, but I just love it, reminds me so much of my 1st bikes I had in early 80's.

Never fails to make me smile whenever I get on her.

By *aj 123Man  over a year ago

ilford

Love my bmw xr dose both speed and comfort for touring

By *nkedscotMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Can’t chose lol

Still have a sports bike for a blast and have my big bike for upright

By *nme32Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Cruiser. I have a harley

[Removed by poster at 07/11/22 08:28:59]

[Removed by poster at 07/11/22 08:31:13]

"Sports bike. But nowadays adventure bike .Triumph 1200 Explorer i can mix it with a lot of Sports bikes, with the comfort and the luxury of having panniers and top box .ive shocked a few sportbike riders along the way as it handles. long time since I've had a top box ruins the handling especially if you have shit in it tank bag and a set of throwover panniers is the way forward !

Couldn't disagree more. Went to Alps few years ago on my Pan, my mate on his blackbird couldn't shake me off. Top box didn't hold me back. He was amazed at the handling of my Pan "

granted they aren't bad and used by the police for a while but hardly pretty though and I'd class a blackbird as a sports tourer by modern standards so quite similar bikes really. My point was a Sports bike nowadays will do everything so you just add the tankbag and Throwovers for the long trip, you don't have to ride a massive lumbering tourer all year just for that one trip a year or maybe ever 4 years

Durham

"Sports bike. But nowadays adventure bike .Triumph 1200 Explorer i can mix it with a lot of Sports bikes, with the comfort and the luxury of having panniers and top box .ive shocked a few sportbike riders along the way as it handles. long time since I've had a top box ruins the handling especially if you have shit in it tank bag and a set of throwover panniers is the way forward !

Couldn't disagree more. Went to Alps few years ago on my Pan, my mate on his blackbird couldn't shake me off. Top box didn't hold me back. He was amazed at the handling of my Pan granted they aren't bad and used by the police for a while but hardly pretty though and I'd class a blackbird as a sports tourer by modern standards so quite similar bikes really. My point was a Sports bike nowadays will do everything so you just add the tankbag and Throwovers for the long trip, you don't have to ride a massive lumbering tourer all year just for that one trip a year or maybe ever 4 years"

Would be a boring world if everyone liked the same. I used my pan many times a year touring and camping. Sadly we got knocked off 2 months ago by a crazy car driver so the bike is no more, a write off and she was prosecuted.

Couldn't disagree more. Went to Alps few years ago on my Pan, my mate on his blackbird couldn't shake me off. Top box didn't hold me back. He was amazed at the handling of my Pan granted they aren't bad and used by the police for a while but hardly pretty though and I'd class a blackbird as a sports tourer by modern standards so quite similar bikes really. My point was a Sports bike nowadays will do everything so you just add the tankbag and Throwovers for the long trip, you don't have to ride a massive lumbering tourer all year just for that one trip a year or maybe ever 4 years

Would be a boring world if everyone liked the same. I used my pan many times a year touring and camping. Sadly we got knocked off 2 months ago by a crazy car driver so the bike is no more, a write off and she was prosecuted. "

well if you predominantly tour then that makes sense, suppose you lean to what suits most of your riding.

Had my fair share from sports to chop to off road to enduro but came back to sports just for the shits and giggles it gives you.

Durham

My pan could do everything my blade could but not at break neck speed, just as much fun. Explorer 1200 very similar but a bit more aggressive than the pan. Funny you say if touring all the time a tourer is good. Is it not the same with a sports bike, if you are doing track days all year it makes sense, but to be on the road these days with all the traffic and speed limits just doesn't make sense to have one for a bimble round the countryside every weekend

[Removed by poster at 08/11/22 18:53:31]

"My pan could do everything my blade could but not at break neck speed, just as much fun. Explorer 1200 very similar but a bit more aggressive than the pan. Funny you say if touring all the time a tourer is good. Is it not the same with a sports bike, if you are doing track days all year it makes sense, but to be on the road these days with all the traffic and speed limits just doesn't make sense to have one for a bimble round the countryside every weekend "
whatever ! After trying to meet you half way and say each to their own you go back to dissing sports bikes I prefer a sports bike more Nible and lighter they change direction quicker and loads more giggles than a lumbering hippo of a tourer

Durham

"My pan could do everything my blade could but not at break neck speed, just as much fun. Explorer 1200 very similar but a bit more aggressive than the pan. Funny you say if touring all the time a tourer is good. Is it not the same with a sports bike, if you are doing track days all year it makes sense, but to be on the road these days with all the traffic and speed limits just doesn't make sense to have one for a bimble round the countryside every weekend whatever ! After trying to meet you half way and say each to their own you go back to dissing sports bikes I prefer a sports bike more Nible and lighter they change direction quicker and loads more giggles than a lumbering hippo of a tourer "

I'm not dissing sports bikes. I would say my Blade is the best bike I ever owned. Should have done what I did on a track looking back, thats looking back survived I may add. Yes Nimble, lighter and lots of fun at break neck speed. My Pan was just as much fun at slower speed, like I said. I'm not here for drama sir, just telling all my experience of both as I have rode both and both great fun. Hope you understand that now I've made it more clear

Planning a tour around the UK next summer if anyone maybe interested

By *exyspecs and supermanCouple  over a year ago

A house, a very big house in the country

Had the naked bandit then the Lunatic R1 now a cruiser and now I really want to try the triumph rocket 2.5l

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

Why choose, get both

By *awtyboy71Man  over a year ago

Farnborough

I used to ride sports bikes, last one was an RSV, then came the time a few years back where I'd get home and was hobling round like an old man. Ditched the RSV and bought myself a fatbob which I swapped for a Street Glide Special. Never looked back ??

Always had adventure tourers.

By *cottishpersonMan  over a year ago

east kilbride

It depends what type of biking you like to do. If it's a thrash through the hills, then a sports bike. If you want to tour, ir do lots of miles each day, it's a tourer.

Tried years ago to tour on a sports bike...Big mistake, so painful

By *DFL6828Man  over a year ago

Leicester

Currently have 2 cruisers, a Yamaha XVS950 midnight star that il be getting rid of next year's and a Yamaha XV1900 cruiser.

Only ever had a 1 naked sports bike and came off it, so it's cruisers for me

By *iker 99Man  over a year ago

Stalybridge

Z900 naked machine..fast when u need it also comfy ..had a zx7r couldn't walk after riding it !!

By *r WhispererMan  over a year ago

brynmawr

I’d love another sports bike but the riding position would cripple me in about 10 minutes lol .. I’m torn between a gsx1400 and xjr1300, like them both equally, I’d also love a Harley 48 very different to the first two but love the looks

By *ko12Man  over a year ago

LLANGOLLEN

Always found the position in a sports bike to uncomfortable for me, but living my Vulcan just so nice to be a bit laid back

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

Neither

Adventure bike all the way

By *JandCMCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

Had a cruiser till last year, was giving me a pain in the back, don't like the look of sports bikes myself, so got myself an RE interceptor 650 n loving it.

Fast enough to have fun on but not too fast to get you into too much trouble.

Also just love the look of it, reminds me so much of my 1st bikes I had in the mid 1980's.

Ticks the boxes on so many levels.

Also the wife loves the new bike so much she at 52 now is learning to ride as she wants to have it.

By *icar73Man  over a year ago

near you check GPS location

"Neither

Adventure bike all the way "

Deffo and they have the suspension to handle dodgy west coast roads and the odd forced bit of off road on the single tracks.

By *ickshepherdMan  over a year ago

Kanturk

1290 Superduke for shits and giggles, a 1190 adventure for loading up and touring.

Although one of the best rides i've had was on a Guzzi California across Europe.

By *hoenix_1Man  over a year ago

richmond

used to be sports bikes, remembering my past days racing, but now its a cruiser sit back and enjoy the senery

By *aptainBonesMan  over a year ago

peterborough

So I have both a cruiser (Vulcan S Cafe 650) and a racer (ZZR600) and honestly I can’t pick between them specifically.

Horses for courses really.

Also cruisers aren’t really any better for your spine or prostate. Just don’t fold in to ever sports bike you ride and you’ll be fine

By *hromosexualsCouple  over a year ago

Near Abercynon

230 miles on Sunday when it was 3 degrees... I took the cruiser but should have taken a bike with a screen and fairing because it was freezing!

Mr

Cruisers and chops. Had occasional sports bike, but found more smiles to the miles on more laid back rides. Injuries, both bike and work, now mean a trike. But it's still a cruiser type.

By *ikerdude2017Man  over a year ago

Retford

Should add adventurer bike as well. I know people who are getting these due to state of roads.

So for this question got to be a cruiser. My dream bike, which I have at the moment.

By *ungbikerMan  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Sports bikes only for me and at my age I must be putting you guts to shame

By *homCrownMan  over a year ago

West Fife

I used to have both. Adrenalin rush on the sports bike but was nice to chill on the cruiser.

By *othornymarriedcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Hubby used to be into sports bikes until he acquired a Harley Davidson recently, he says it’s so comfy he doubts he will go back now

By *izhome1Couple  over a year ago

North West Leicestershire

Had zx9r Street fighter have harley davidson street now ist an age thing

By *anFromMarsMan  over a year ago

North

Have owed every jap 600 & 1000 sports bike at some poin_ and raced quite a few of them too, cruisers just don't float my boat. The track is where I am in my heaven

By *ew guy69Man  over a year ago

Hamilton

I have ducati diavel it has comfort of cruiser but power of sports bike had gsxr750 b4 I got it dnt think I wud go back to sports bike even more so when on long rides

Enduro’s and sports bikes for me but only ride tracks now, gave up riding on the roads when I converted my BM to race.

Roads are too crowded now

By *he rug doctorMan  over a year ago

neath

Never had a cruiser but got a gtr1400 for a bit of relaxed touring and a couple of early 92 fireblades which are still quick and a bit of relive my youth .also building a brat style cb750

By *-and-M8692Couple  over a year ago

Daventry

"Im in my 20s and ride a Harley davidson dyna and a yamaha xvs1100 "

We have an xvs650 love it! Haven't rode it in over a year maybe it's time to dig it out next year. Would love a harley.

Had a few sports bikes cbr600rr was my favourite wish I hadn't of sold that.

Give me a cruiser any day over a sports bike though

"Im in my 20s and ride a Harley davidson dyna and a yamaha xvs1100

We have an xvs650 love it! Haven't rode it in over a year maybe it's time to dig it out next year. Would love a harley.

Give me a cruiser any day over a sports bike though "

The XVS1100 is a better bike than the 650. Much more grunt for two's up.

By *iberius61Man  over a year ago

Pontefract

I've always ridden sport bikes, starting with a YPVS, then onto 4 strokes, current bike is an FZR400. I have been tempted by a Royal Enfield, but the cafe racer Continental GT, not the cruiser. I once had a sit on a Harley, nope, hated it.

By *-and-M8692Couple  over a year ago

Daventry

"Im in my 20s and ride a Harley davidson dyna and a yamaha xvs1100

Give me a cruiser any day over a sports bike though

The XVS1100 is a better bike than the 650. Much more grunt for two's up. "

I brought it as a project paid very little for it. Absolutely love it. The extra grunt doesn't really bother me

"

The XVS1100 is a better bike than the 650. Much more grunt for two's up.

I brought it as a project paid very little for it. Absolutely love it. The extra grunt doesn't really bother me "

Yes, the XVS650 still a good bike. Had one over 10 years ago. Our xvs1100 is now triked.

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

My current primary is an XV1100, I do like my older 80s bikes the VT500e ,the VT700 shadow ( American import) and the transalp 600 still bring me happy memories . I did also have an old GPZ given to me but plastic rockets have never really been my thing .

Wifey still likes pillion especially when I gun the engine and bring up the vibration haha

By *r BloMan  over a year ago

Stourbridge

Currently riding a Diavel carbon, the super cruiser I always wanted but didn't know until Ducati made it

By *ilf and old fartCouple  over a year ago

Between Ely and Mildenhall

[Removed by poster at 01/01/23 17:12:13]

By *ilf and old fartCouple  over a year ago

Between Ely and Mildenhall

We have both (sort of)

We have an Aprilia and a Bonneville. Milf prefers the Bonnie as the saddle is more comfortable. The pillion seat on the Falco is quite hard and she finds it uncomfortable.

By *apicarescaCouple  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

We’ve each got a sports bike, both Italian, both very different. Tried cruisers and adventure bikes, but couldn’t get on with them. We’ve got a couple of nakeds too, for a bit of a change ??

By *DFL6828Man  over a year ago

Leicester

Did get into bikes untill my late 30s, so went straight down the cruiser route

Tho if I did change I'd probably go for a adventure bike

By *ikergent50Man  over a year ago

bathgate

"In my twenties I'd have said sports bike, now in my 50s cruiser. We all know the reason #getting older not old "

I thought that a few years ago that it was time to go to a cruiser or as I thought a more age appropriate bike .. bought an Indian scout lasted 5 weeks traded it in for an mt10 lol

By *ary 200Man  over a year ago

ennis

50 and ride a fireblade

By *tourgentMan  over a year ago

Stourbridge

Sportsbike all the way. Looking for a ZX636 trackbike in a couple of monthd. Looking for a 6 as they're cheaper to run.

By *ettyboopnhotrodCouple  over a year ago

norwich

Had 5 bikes last year, all types, loved them all.

Had a clear out and now only have 1.

Yamaha xvz1300 royal star tour delux, I enjoy the torque and low revs these days.

By * and RCouple  over a year ago

lincoln

Arrived late to biking and with a back injury decided cruiser was best option. Started with Yamaha XVS650. Now ride a Raider XV1900 which I've had since 2010. Wife has an XVS 1300 Custom.

By *ngelnfugyCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh/ Dundee

its all about the horsepower for me

sport bikes ta

Edinburgh/ Dundee

"The track is where I am in my heaven "

booked in for Knockhill yet?

Edinburgh/ Dundee

"Sports bikes only for me and at my age I must be putting you guts to shame "

no shame...all bikes are guid...and folk have thur preferences

just like pumpin innit

Edinburgh/ Dundee

"50 and ride a fireblade"

57 and ride a fireblade...

ma fireblades bigger than your fireblade

Edinburgh/ Dundee

"We’ve each got a sports bike, both Italian"

Laverdas ??

North

"The track is where I am in my heaven

booked in for Knockhill yet?"

Not been yet, am based in Ireland altough my very 1st trackday was Cadwell years ago, would love to get back over a do some UK track days

Edinburgh/ Dundee

Not been yet, am based in Ireland altough my very 1st trackday was Cadwell years ago, would love to get back over a do some UK track days "

nice

i fell aff at Cadwell.....twice!!

who needs tracks when ye've the lovely irish roads

By *ickey73Man  over a year ago

cardiff

Had a R1 and it was just too fast to use all that power on the roads. Could feel every stone going slow but open it up and you’d forget everything as you’d be looking so far ahead. Got myself a naked upright bike now, Triumph street triple RS. Can embarrass a lot of bigger bikes on the streets and it’s comfy too. Found with the superbikes all your weights on your wrists because of the clip ons

North

Not been yet, am based in Ireland altough my very 1st trackday was Cadwell years ago, would love to get back over a do some UK track days

nice

i fell aff at Cadwell.....twice!!

who needs tracks when ye've the lovely irish roads

"

Lovely roads buy I went to the track and racing in 2006 because I had too many very near misses on the roads, the roads ain't the place for pushing hard and once I hit the track I never looked back. Am only back riding roads about 6 years since I stopped racing but have a much more "sensible" approach on the roads now and keep my pushing the limits for my track days. We do have a lot of road races here too but there is a shit storm going on at the moment between MCUI and the Clubs. Looking like attaining insurance may kill the road racing scene all together this year and short circuit looking doubtful too....lack of information coming out and nobody seems to know what's going on

By *ikergent50Man  over a year ago

bathgate

"In my twenties I'd have said sports bike, now in my 50s cruiser. We all know the reason #getting older not old "

I decided to switch a few years ago as I approaching 50 so I thought I’d get a more age appropriate bike .. I bought an Indian scout was great for the first half hour of riding then it was awful I hated it .. it lasted 5 weeks then I changed it for an mt10 lol I’m sticking with naked sports from now lol

By *eRockDjMan  over a year ago

Darlington(work) Barny (live)

Im in my 50s, I have had sports bikes and cruisers and always go back to cruisers, I like comfort in my old age, only thing is they way the same as a small town at slower speeds, I ride a Kawasaki VN900 classic, love it, but to me a bikes a bike if it has 2 or 3 wheels and an engine its a bike I know 3 are trikes but you get my drift.

» Add a new message to this topic