FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > MT-07 vs FZ6 vs STriple 675

MT-07 vs FZ6 vs STriple 675

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heBeardedPrince OP   Man 34 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Looking at getting one of these three bikes, wondering if anyone has ever owned/ridden all of them who can offer an impartial opinion?

I love the low down useable power of the MT having come from a twin background but have always loved the sound of the triples, but at the same time love the riding style of a IL4 cyclinder…

Will be getting test rides booked eventually but wanted to see if I could rule anything out early.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ddie1966Man 34 weeks ago

Paper Town Central, Essex.

The Mt is certainly fun but a little too vibrate on longer runs. The four is better for long runs and a little more sporty. The happy medium is the triple.

My latest ride is a sprint st1050. I never get bored of it. The sound, the torque and the sheer exileration of the ride is awesome.

Test them then get the triple.

By (user no longer on site) 34 weeks ago

I've owned a Mt-07 and and have a Tracer 7 now (Mt-07 engine in more touring style frame), I've also test ridden a Street Triple 765.

I loved the engine on the MT-07, its not massive power but more than enough for realistically using on the road. It's quite a small bike but at 5"7 I found it perfect for me but if you're tall it might feel quite small, saying that the street triple felt small as well.

Reliability was fine I had no issues but it does feel like a cheap bike to me.

The Street Triple felt like a naked sportsbike, its so fun to ride. Its got a lot more power than the MT-07 and way better suspension and electronics but then it's a bike that's a couple of grand more. The build of it feels so much better than the Mt-07 as well. I found that I just wanted to thrash it all the time and that wasn't what I wanted from a bike, I have a track bike for that.

I ended going for the Tracer 7 as its so comfy for all day riding and has the MT-07 engine, I'll can live with the cheaper build quality.

If you are after a toy for playing at the weekends Triumph all day long.

By *ikester85Man 34 weeks ago

Shrewsbury

The street triple is a fantastic bike. The MT a bit lack lustre. Not ridden the fz though

By *heBeardedPrince OP   Man 34 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Will try and find somewhere local that has the MT and ST/STR which I could test ride

By *azyJ90Man 33 weeks ago

Shrewsbury

This! All of this!

Mt07, is a smaller cheaper street triple. Go triumph every time between the two.

Butnif you want the cheaper smaller bike the tracer blows the mt out the water every time.

» Add a new message to this topic