FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Organised Motorcycle Tours

Organised Motorcycle Tours

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone touring Europe with a organised group this year?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ree-dom69Man  over a year ago

park gate

No cheaper to just arrange your own

Why ?

Just wondered if it was worthwhile going on one...

By *mbertexCouple  over a year ago

coalville

Normally just go on my own but looks like im organising one for the group that I ride with

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is a guy who organise them. I think hes name is Richyvida. U should look him up on youtube. I think he has a website too

By *udith55TV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Just wondered if it was worthwhile going on one..."

A tour group means that there is always someone to talk to over dinner, travelling on your own cane be a bit boring unless you speak French/German/etc.

By *ree-dom69Man  over a year ago

park gate

You could just organise a group put it on Facebook a forum even on here.

People will contact you. I have found if you give it enough notice people will enquire but not commit but bump the post closer with your ideas broad out line of time places and cost and you will get a few say yes

Then you got your group ride and you will normally find one who has done it before so even if your a novice there’s always help

By *iavelmanMan  over a year ago

Worcester

I did a group ride a few years ago on part of Route 66 in California, Arizona and Nevada. The drawback for me was the set itinerary and the fact I didn’t have the option to spend time anywhere. It was the itinerary or bust. Smashed out 1800 miles on a Harley. Long enough to know I won’t be buying one.

I have done a couple of trips to Denmark. I have a mate who is a member of a club there so we did a run to their summer rally a couple of times. Beautiful country. I ended up doing most of the planning for them.

By *ombikerMan  over a year ago

the right side of the river

I have done a few tours with a couple of friends. Nothing organised. Some camping or f1 hotels, or premiere Classe hotels are quite cheap €30 to €40 for a room, can get 4 in some rooms, 2 bunk beds, shower, so can be very inexpensive if you book them beforehand

Birmingham

One of my touring clubs is advocating getting an International Driving Licence from the Post Office if your planning to be abroad on March 29th. If we exit without a deal the Europeans may decide that British driving licences are not valid. Insurance may need to be taken out for driving abroad as well.

It's just like it was before Maastricht.

By *ete vfrMan  over a year ago

Leeds

I think if you watch the negotiations the EU is back pedalling now, they are saying British driving licenses will be valid.

And we have always needed insurance for europe, so there is no change there.

Birmingham

I wonder if the EU will tell the French that our licenses will still be valid. You know how pernickety the French police can be.

By *ete vfrMan  over a year ago

Leeds

OHH Yes I know what the French coppers are like. In 1980 two up with girlfriend at the time on a Honda CB 900. They nicked me for speeding in the middle of nowhere and took my last Travellers cheque off me to pay the fine, £140.00

for 10 kilometers over limit. I avod France like the plague now.

"I think if you watch the negotiations the EU is back pedalling now, they are saying British driving licenses will be valid.

"

I hope that you are correct as I have just been looking at exchanging my UK licence for a French one and found out that it will tale over 12 months to process!

If there is a hard Brexit and my UK licence becomes invalid, I may be in a spot of bother!

By *ombikerMan  over a year ago

the right side of the river

"I think if you watch the negotiations the EU is back pedalling now, they are saying British driving licenses will be valid.

I hope that you are correct as I have just been looking at exchanging my UK licence for a French one and found out that it will tale over 12 months to process!

If there is a hard Brexit and my UK licence becomes invalid, I may be in a spot of bother!"

If you have an address and some official letter like a bill or bank statement you should be able to exchange one in Ireland easily enough

"

If you have an address and some official letter like a bill or bank statement you should be able to exchange one in Ireland easily enough"

As far as I can see, you need to reside in Ireland to get an Irish driving licence.

My application for a French one was posted today - let's see what the legalities are of having a British licence after March 29th actually are.

By *edonistsatplayCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth, North Brittany, France

Methinks that any UK resident person will require an international driving licence to drive in mainland Europe ... and viccy-verky for those of us resident in the EU, as well as specific insurance - more expense!

At the moment most insurers cover includes the EU as part of the deal, same with the licence, however, post 29th - ABC! (All Been Changed)

When we got our French licences a few years ago, we were told that we could get the international one FOC at the same time although your French permis will allow you to drive anywhere within the EU same as the 'old' UK licence.

I think I've got that right although I stand (sit actually) to be corrected!

By *ungbikerMan  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

"Anyone touring Europe with a organised group this year?"

Just doing my own thing, firstly to LeMans for the Motogp then down touring into Spain. After that AssenTT and touring Holland

"Methinks that any UK resident person will require an international driving licence to drive in mainland Europe ... and viccy-verky for those of us resident in the EU, as well as specific insurance - more expense!

At the moment most insurers cover includes the EU as part of the deal, same with the licence, however, post 29th - ABC! (All Been Changed)

When we got our French licences a few years ago, we were told that we could get the international one FOC at the same time although your French permis will allow you to drive anywhere within the EU same as the 'old' UK licence.

I think I've got that right although I stand (sit actually) to be corrected!"

You are spot on in what you have said - in hindsight, wish Onjad changed mine a few years ago!!

By *edonistsatplayCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth, North Brittany, France

ahhhh yes.. hindsight, the only true perfect science!

We were deliberating on doing a World Tour of Ireland, Scotland & England this year, but with the extra insurance and the ferry price increases, it's looking like a World Tour of France instead!

» Add a new message to this topic