FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Motorcycle jeans

Motorcycle jeans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Want to buy some motorbike jeans (think they have Kevlar weaved into the material or something similar) but am yet to find a good motorbike clothing shop in Coventry area (fairly new to the area). I don't want to buy online as I want to try them on for size.

Any recommendations for shops/shows? And also recommendations for brands etc?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *udith55TV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

Have you tried Bikers Paradise? They are in Coventry and I think they do denim too.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Got mine from aldi they have them every spring with other bike stuff they're pretty good and ce approved

By *ireblade07Couple  over a year ago

redditch

"Want to buy some motorbike jeans (think they have Kevlar weaved into the material or something similar) but am yet to find a good motorbike clothing shop in Coventry area (fairly new to the area). I don't want to buy online as I want to try them on for size.

Any recommendations for shops/shows? And also recommendations for brands etc?"

We can recommend Bikers Paradise, it's in Padstow rd.

Also Bikers World, Coleshill, lots there.

bikers paradise is not too far from me, weirdly it never appeared when I searched for motorcycle clothes shops....but now that I've done a search for it, it appears under motorcycle clothes shop

I'll have to pop over on Saturday, they are closed by the time I get home from work

By *andK78Couple  over a year ago

Newport

MegaMotorcyle Swindon. Well worth the visit for gear.

By *atcplCouple  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

We use Sportsbikeshop for most of our stuff.

Great website and prices and offer free 365 day returns. We order up various items in various sizes and return what is not suitable.

They also now have a shop in Milton Keynes if you fancy a ride down this way.

(No connection - just satisfied customers!)

I'm going to head to bikers paradise on Saturday, then if the weather is any good on the Sunday I might look at doing a trip down to MK then to swindon and back. First proper outing of the year and have some purpose to it cheers for the advice everyone!

Ok....so I've just looked at the weather for the weekend....nope, I will not be heading out on Sunday looks like I should have waited another month before putting her back on the road

I’ve got some spidi jeans they are a mix of denim and codura, they look like normal jeans fit well and have the armour in the knees.

I’ve not had an off in them so can’t tell you about protection but they are claimed for 3 seconds of slide.

I know some of the kevlar jeans state longer but they normally only have the lining in the knees are arse.

These spidi jeans are protective all over.

[Removed by poster at 05/03/19 16:21:46]

By *uffymayfairCouple  over a year ago

Almeria

The big show at Peterborough is always a great place to buy kit. Loads of traders there and you can have a haggle if you're that way inclined.

"Want to buy some motorbike jeans (think they have Kevlar weaved into the material or something similar) but am yet to find a good motorbike clothing shop in Coventry area (fairly new to the area). I don't want to buy online as I want to try them on for size.

I got mine from the Birmingham nec bike show. They're called Road Skin Jean's and at the show they were £100. Bargin.

By *hrisy69Man  over a year ago

chester/hawarden

"MegaMotorcyle Swindon. Well worth the visit for gear. "

Are they still going thought they closed down a few years ago?

Draggin jeans are my recommendation. On my third pair now. Great fitting. Good protection and good looking.

By *cd and scruffCouple  over a year ago

Rochester

I will wear roadskin, excellent, fully lined and feel really soft and comfy.

Ocd wears hood jeans and loves them. No idea where to get them in Coventry though.

By *ungbikerMan  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Plenty places online with returns if not correct.

Bet going for leathers. Much better protection

By *oy man 2Man  over a year ago

g

"Have you tried Bikers Paradise? They are in Coventry and I think they do denim too."
don’t use PayPal.

Any recommendations for shops/shows? And also recommendations for brands etc?

Plenty places online with returns if not correct.

Bet going for leathers. Much better protection"

I have leathers, but I'd like some jeans so I can wear them to pop to town on the bike etc, and then be able to walk around in more comfortable than in leathers.

Hi there, don’t know if your going to the TT this year is not don’t bother reading any further there’s a pop shop in Douglas town centre that is there every year. Sells Kevlar jeans and hoodies. My dad bought some last year and swears by it and I bought some Kevlar longjohns about 4 years ago to go under my trousers. Well worth the money, fitting room and they last!

Like I said if your not off to the TT scrap all that haha heard the RST ones arnt bad though

John doe if you can find them

360 100% woven dupont kevlar.

You might only be able to try them on at shows /expos not sure many shops stock thrm.

Check thier website thier whole range is great.

The jeans are jean outers (water resitant) then the kevlar wool, then a jersy lining so they feel like wearing joggers.

I currently have the iorn head in worn black as my daily use jeans.

I used to own the cargo pants and had one slide at 70mph in them that didnt even scuff throught the outer layer.

And one serious off that tore open the outer layer but the kevlar held, nurse at the hospital said without them I'd be having my knee reconstructed. so i trust the brand thoroughly.

They arent cheap though around 250 quid a pair.

For comfort and a safety upgrade revit seeflex ce level 1 armour is imperceptable as knee or hip additions

"I’ve got some spidi jeans they are a mix of denim and codura, they look like normal jeans fit well and have the armour in the knees.

I’ve not had an off in them so can’t tell you about protection but they are claimed for 3 seconds of slide.

I know some of the kevlar jeans state longer but they normally only have the lining in the knees are arse.

These spidi jeans are protective all over. "

Codura is just nylon it will rapidly melt in any serious crash.

Its abrasion resistant and really more suited for luggage and bags where it serves excellently (kregia struff is made from it) my kreiga bag had holes through it after my crash but the kevlar in my jeans was just dirty

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Hi there, don’t know if your going to the TT this year is not don’t bother reading any further there’s a pop shop in Douglas town centre that is there every year. Sells Kevlar jeans and hoodies. My dad bought some last year and swears by it and I bought some Kevlar longjohns about 4 years ago to go under my trousers. Well worth the money, fitting room and they last!

Like I said if your not off to the TT scrap all that haha heard the RST ones arnt bad though "

They also have a Web page. Roadskin I think. It's a great shop that pops up. Products look great. Might buy a kevlar hoody when we are at TT this year

"Hi there, don’t know if your going to the TT this year is not don’t bother reading any further there’s a pop shop in Douglas town centre that is there every year. Sells Kevlar jeans and hoodies. My dad bought some last year and swears by it and I bought some Kevlar longjohns about 4 years ago to go under my trousers. Well worth the money, fitting room and they last!

Like I said if your not off to the TT scrap all that haha heard the RST ones arnt bad though

They also have a Web page. Roadskin I think. It's a great shop that pops up. Products look great. Might buy a kevlar hoody when we are at TT this year"

I didn't know anyone did any other Kevlar clothing other than trousers....I'll have to do some research!

Durham

They also have a Web page. Roadskin I think. It's a great shop that pops up. Products look great. Might buy a kevlar hoody when we are at TT this year

I didn't know anyone did any other Kevlar clothing other than trousers....I'll have to do some research!"

When we walked into their pop up shop at TT we couldn't believe all the other stuff they were selling with kevlar apart from jeans. Worth a look @ their Web page

I didn't know anyone did any other Kevlar clothing other than trousers....I'll have to do some research!

When we walked into their pop up shop at TT we couldn't believe all the other stuff they were selling with kevlar apart from jeans. Worth a look @ their Web page"

Their stuff looks great...but all out of stock

redditch

Got some roadskin gloves, they're good

Durham

When we walked into their pop up shop at TT we couldn't believe all the other stuff they were selling with kevlar apart from jeans. Worth a look @ their Web page

Their stuff looks great...but all out of stock "

looks like they can't keep up with demand. T shirts are still in stock. Lots of people are now recommending them after their pop up shop proved popular the last few years at TT

redditch

They're also at a lot of the bike shows.

By *ymatemarmiteMan  over a year ago

Crosshands

I got mine from M&P they were the brand Bull-it

I don't think I'd buy anything else... they are available to buy on line also.

I have sartso killers and a pair of Knox jeans both are excellent

By *rincess and her FrogCouple  over a year ago

congleton

Has anyone tried the Road Skin jeans (they only do on line)? they look pretty good

Durham

"Has anyone tried the Road Skin jeans (they only do on line)? they look pretty good"

Look further up the thread, we have been discussing them

congleton

"Has anyone tried the Road Skin jeans (they only do on line)? they look pretty good

Look further up the thread, we have been discussing them"

Thanks, I must have missed that bit x

By *cd and scruffCouple  over a year ago

Rochester

Yep, they are brilliant. Feel like pyjamas they are so soft on the inside.

Anyonw crashed in road skins?

congleton

"Yep, they are brilliant. Feel like pyjamas they are so soft on the inside. "

Thanks, think I might get some, they look very impressive on the videos on their web page

Durham

To add. We both have Draggin Jeans. Several pairs, different designs as they are great when on holiday with the bike or weather turns tropical here in the summer and its just to hot for leathers. The only time we use them as you can't beat leather for protection. Kevlar is a good 2nd option but no where near the protection you get from a good quality leather product

By *rivenSnowCouple  over a year ago

Uk

Been watching this thread, we are travelling to the South of Spain on our bike in July so looking for the safest/coolest that we can wear.

Any other tourers have advice ?

Durham

"Been watching this thread, we are travelling to the South of Spain on our bike in July so looking for the safest/coolest that we can wear.

Any other tourers have advice ? "

We bought airflow jackets and pants. So glad we did. Others that toured with us were so jealous. Also if you are camping take an emergency shelter tempt (basically foil tent) open it up, tie guide ropes on the corner and place over the top of yr tent, great sun screen when sun rises in morning and you want to sleep a little longer

By *rivenSnowCouple  over a year ago

Uk

"Been watching this thread, we are travelling to the South of Spain on our bike in July so looking for the safest/coolest that we can wear.

Any other tourers have advice ?

We bought airflow jackets and pants. So glad we did. Others that toured with us were so jealous. Also if you are camping take an emergency shelter tempt (basically foil tent) open it up, tie guide ropes on the corner and place over the top of yr tent, great sun screen when sun rises in morning and you want to sleep a little longer "

Thanks for that.

By the way, no intention of camping. Certainly not that time of year, we enjoy our luxuries too much.

Any other tourers have advice ? "

In terms of textile gear the aerostitch over suits are the top of the market.

But $$$$

I wear my john doe's off the bike probbaly more than on the bike thesedays thwyre so damn comfy

Hmm looking at the road skin site im noticing they only use thier own trademark terms titanjate/maximite and the weave type to talk about thier fabric

The fact they dont say anywhere what it is (they dupont polyaramid stuff is identified) makes me think it's going to be 90+ nylon

"I’ve got some spidi jeans they are a mix of denim and codura, they look like normal jeans fit well and have the armour in the knees.

These spidi jeans are protective all over.

Codura is just nylon it will rapidly melt in any serious crash.

Its abrasion resistant and really more suited for luggage and bags where it serves excellently (kregia struff is made from it) my kreiga bag had holes through it after my crash but the kevlar in my jeans was just dirty"

Yes I wouldn’t recommend doing a track day in them but I normally just wear them to and from the office riding across town. I’ve not come off in them but I did have a 30mph spill after being hit by a taxi whilst wearing a pair of rst textile trousers they are also codura and they held up ok. I think if I’d worn Kevlar jeans I’d of been worse off as the bit of me that took the brunt was my thigh and Kevlar jeans mostly have patches in the arse and knees. I have a pair of dianese jeans like that which I don’t wear cos they are too big for me now.

"Hmm looking at the road skin site im noticing they only use thier own trademark terms titanjate/maximite and the weave type to talk about thier fabric

The fact they dont say anywhere what it is (they dupont polyaramid stuff is identified) makes me think it's going to be 90+ nylon"

I have a pair of roadskin gloves they are well made, their jeans just don’t fit me well

Thought I'd update you all...ended up buying a pair from bikers paradise. Amazing staff, couldn't do enough for me, even shortened the legs for me....made to measure!

They were reasonably priced at 80odd pound. Didn't have the extra padding in them as I wasn't as comfortable but that's a personal choice.

Thanks for all of the advice, next on the shopping list is a hoody/top and some shorter boots.

By *untimes6969Man  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Always make sure the trousers / jeans are fully lined - my first pair weren't!

I opted for 'Hood jeans' great quality and fully lined with internal pockets for knee and hip pads if required!

They are good enough for a trip down the pub, without the bike!!

By *lancheifMan  over a year ago

Ayr

Get them in Aldi now and again too

Can always take them try them and take them back if you don't like them

"Get them in Aldi now and again too

Can always take them try them and take them back if you don't like them "

Please dont do this if you value your skin abd your life

I find that most jeans don’t fit me, normally too baggy

By *udith55TV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Thought I'd update you all...ended up buying a pair from bikers paradise. Amazing staff, couldn't do enough for me, even shortened the legs for me....made to measure!

They were reasonably priced at 80odd pound. Didn't have the extra padding in them as I wasn't as comfortable but that's a personal choice.

Thanks for all of the advice, next on the shopping list is a hoody/top and some shorter boots. "

I wonder if I can get the commission on the sale? I did do the first response after all.

Did you see the lovely leather skirts in their catalogue, I really fancy one of them.

"Thought I'd update you all...ended up buying a pair from bikers paradise. Amazing staff, couldn't do enough for me, even shortened the legs for me....made to measure!

Thanks for all of the advice, next on the shopping list is a hoody/top and some shorter boots.

I wonder if I can get the commission on the sale? I did do the first response after all.

Did you see the lovely leather skirts in their catalogue, I really fancy one of them."

They had a load of stuff there, wish I had more time to have a proper look around. Might head over again on the weekend to have a better look at their other stuff

» Add a new message to this topic