FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Sad day

Sad day

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well today was the day...now bikeless. The VN has gone to pastures new ...truly upsetting. It was hubbies forever bike. It’s almost like the death of a friend

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Well today was the day...now bikeless. The VN has gone to pastures new ...truly upsetting. It was hubbies forever bike. It’s almost like the death of a friend "

Hopefully another is on the horizon? I'm Selling the Pan if he's interested?? I know when we chatted at Durham Social he said the VN was getting the better of him.

Yes it was sold as a none runner ...got about 25% of market value ...but had to cut and run ..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Yes it was sold as a none runner ...got about 25% of market value ...but had to cut and run .."

Bummer. But better off to cut losses and move on

True, but he’s worked up to it. Now have to start from the bottom again. He’ll get there but was genuinely inconsolable...none bikers just don’t understand...if I hear “it’s only a bike” one more time, I’m gonna punch someone in the throat

By *ananas2013Man  over a year ago

wolves

It's not just a bike it's part of you. I like to think something better round corner it helps sometime. Hope you both get sorted and enjoy it again

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

"True, but he’s worked up to it. Now have to start from the bottom again. He’ll get there but was genuinely inconsolable...none bikers just don’t understand...if I hear “it’s only a bike” one more time, I’m gonna punch someone in the throat "

Agree non bikers just don’t understand. Hope you get sorted with something soon, what kind of thing are you looking for?

Can’t be a cruiser or chopper as it won’t fit where we need to keep it. So will have to be bandit z750 vfr some thibgnlike that ...not his kinda thing but needs just

By *uckcherryCouple  over a year ago

hull

You can't go wrong with a decent bandit 12, Mk1 of course...

Kinda open ...gonna wait as money is tight ..rather wait and get something a tad better for a bit more money. But needs to fit in our back yard, so no pans or big stuff sadly

"Kinda open ...gonna wait as money is tight ..rather wait and get something a tad better for a bit more money. But needs to fit in our back yard, so no pans or big stuff sadly "

Hope you find something that you both like. Was going to say I have a 535 virago for sale soon

"True, but he’s worked up to it. Now have to start from the bottom again. He’ll get there but was genuinely inconsolable...none bikers just don’t understand...if I hear “it’s only a bike” one more time, I’m gonna punch someone in the throat "

Same as a pet, becomes family. I did sell one of my bikes because it was soulless to me and hadn't become family even after 5years giving it a chance. It found a new home.

"Can’t be a cruiser or chopper as it won’t fit where we need to keep it. So will have to be bandit z750 vfr some thibgnlike that ...not his kinda thing but needs just "

Have you a friend or family nearby that would have the space, you've probably thought of that though?

The Vn was kept at my mums which is 15 minutes away, but when he starts work at six and “wants to go on the bike” that rules it out as I don’t think mum would be happy being woke at 530 lol

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"You can't go wrong with a decent bandit 12, Mk1 of course... "

I had one of these. Brilliant bike. Only sold it due to every time I went into the garage I chose to ride my Blade at the time. It needed to get used and go to a good home. Had a mate ride out with me on his. Could never shake him off with my blade. Only down side is trying to hold onto the dam things with them being unfaired. Oh yea you can never wear out the front tyre for some strange reason

» Add a new message to this topic