FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Beginners 125 bike

Beginners 125 bike

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *allDarkStrangr OP   Man  over a year ago

chertsey

Hi

So I have my CBT booked.....

Any suggestions on good beginners 125 bikes?

Mainly for commuting and short trips

Thx x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lutandhubbyCouple  over a year ago

west midlands

125 suzuki van van are real good bikes. xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What is your budget?

By *uckcherryCouple  over a year ago

hull

If you can, avoid the cheap Chinese bikes,unless you want to replace it every few months....

By *orWullieMan  over a year ago

Dunoon

Honda cb125f. I have a 2015 one I'll sell you!

I've just passed mod 1, mod 2 booked for next week. I have to say, I might have been as well just doing my DAS instead of buying the 125. At 44 is there a reason you want a 125? Pass your full test, a small bike is fun if you're not used to it but it won't take long to get bored and wish you had a bit more power available!

By *unglebook40Man  over a year ago

hull

Honda Cg125, bit boring but bullet proof!!

But something I'd consider if I was going 125 would be a trailey bike then you can have some green lane fun as well as on road.

chertsey

"What is your budget?"

About £2000

chertsey

"Honda cb125f. I have a 2015 one I'll sell you!

I've just passed mod 1, mod 2 booked for next week. I have to say, I might have been as well just doing my DAS instead of buying the 125. At 44 is there a reason you want a 125? Pass your full test, a small bike is fun if you're not used to it but it won't take long to get bored and wish you had a bit more power available! "

I just assumed it would be good to spend a year or so on a 125 to get some experience and give more time to complete my full license before upgrading my bike in a year or so

"

I just assumed it would be good to spend a year or so on a 125 to get some experience and give more time to complete my full license before upgrading my bike in a year or so "

If you are new to motorcycling. Yes start on a small bike. Get used to riding then move up

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

Your old enough to go for direct access Corse and be able to get something bigger maybe a 500cc bike.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"125 suzuki van van are real good bikes. xxx "

That's what I was going to say. I was thinking of buying one to commute to work but work decided we could keep our transport. If I ever need a commuter bike the van van will be it, they have a great write up. Save getting the touring bike out every morning

By *sh6866Man  over a year ago

halifax

Brother got a cbr125, less than 2k, pretty surprising, the yam version is pretty good too

"If you can, avoid the cheap Chinese bikes,unless you want to replace it every few months.... "

We bought a 6 month old LexMoto and it’s never missed a beat in 2 years. Based on a Yamaha and would definitely have another

"If you can, avoid the cheap Chinese bikes,unless you want to replace it every few months....

We bought a 6 month old LexMoto and it’s never missed a beat in 2 years. Based on a Yamaha and would definitely have another "

We paid £800 for it with less than 200 miles on it, they guy had it to learn on which is what my mrs bought it for

By *lutandhubbyCouple  over a year ago

west midlands

"What is your budget?

About £2000"

i,ll sell you my suzuki 125 van van for £1000. only has just over 5K on the clock. xx

Durham

"If you can, avoid the cheap Chinese bikes,unless you want to replace it every few months....

We bought a 6 month old LexMoto and it’s never missed a beat in 2 years. Based on a Yamaha and would definitely have another

We paid £800 for it with less than 200 miles on it, they guy had it to learn on which is what my mrs bought it for"

Watch the electrics on it they are like tin foil. Daughter had one and it didn't last 800 mile.Ended up scraped after looking at it, it wasn't worth the bother fixing it

Ybr , aprillia, but tbh just get something reasonably cheap to start with and work your way up

I've just passed mod 1, mod 2 booked for next week. I have to say, I might have been as well just doing my DAS instead of buying the 125. At 44 is there a reason you want a 125? Pass your full test, a small bike is fun if you're not used to it but it won't take long to get bored and wish you had a bit more power available! "

Same as above the 125 can be as expensive as the bigger bikes

I’ve got my mod2 in two weeks

By *ussiesCouple  over a year ago

gwent

"

I just assumed it would be good to spend a year or so on a 125 to get some experience and give more time to complete my full license before upgrading my bike in a year or so

If you are new to motorcycling. Yes start on a small bike. Get used to riding then move up"

At last, a new rider with common sense, I’d recommend at least a year riding a 125, do your apprenticeship, learn the basics first, it’s better to ride a 125 100% than get a big bike that you’re only capable of riding 50%.

I've just passed mod 1, mod 2 booked for next week. I have to say, I might have been as well just doing my DAS instead of buying the 125. At 44 is there a reason you want a 125? Pass your full test, a small bike is fun if you're not used to it but it won't take long to get bored and wish you had a bit more power available!

I just assumed it would be good to spend a year or so on a 125 to get some experience and give more time to complete my full license before upgrading my bike in a year or so "

Nope don’t do it lol I’ve got a fazer 600 and using my own bike on my lessons lucky enough my instructor has insured it for me and keeps it at his so I’m doing my tests on my own bike

If I was going for a 125 I would go for a cagiva mito or a aprilla rs 125 but I love two strokes plus you probably make money on it when you sell and I started on a tzr 125 many years ago and loved riding on road until I bought a Kawasaki Kr1s

chertsey

Thank you everyone for the advice

I got the benelli tnt 125 love it

By *esssDanMan  over a year ago

Dundee

Another vote here for the "buy a cheap Chinese bike and learn to ride properly on a 125 for a while" here.

Bought a Lexmoto ZSX brand new and it was great to ride, looked good, cost sod-all in petrol each month, and was faultless for 4 years until someone nicked it and trashed it...

By *quirt_kingMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

Honestly...who cares ? As long as you like the look of it...its a 125...not gonna break any land speed records. I got myself "a cheap chinese bike" (keeway superlight to be exact) got a good price and sold it for £300 more the next year once id passed my full license. At £2k...would you not buy for sub £1k and kit yourself out in decent gear then use the rest towards your cat A license ?

Just my opinion of course

chertsey

"Honestly...who cares ? As long as you like the look of it...its a 125...not gonna break any land speed records. I got myself "a cheap chinese bike" (keeway superlight to be exact) got a good price and sold it for £300 more the next year once id passed my full license. At £2k...would you not buy for sub £1k and kit yourself out in decent gear then use the rest towards your cat A license ?

Just my opinion of course

"

Not a bad idea at all

Highly endorse the Keeway super light. I bought mine brand new had it for two years of faultless riding . I sold it back to the dealer for £600 less than I originally paid for it . Apparently they are much sought after

chertsey

What do you think the pros and cons of s motorbike vs a scooter are?

"What do you think the pros and cons of s motorbike vs a scooter are?"

Scooter you don’t get the same splashback, better seating position for posture, don’t have to worry about your gear changes the same

Bike if you lean the right way you can great a great orgasm on it lol it’s way more fun it’s faster I just prefer them anyday

chertsey

"What do you think the pros and cons of s motorbike vs a scooter are?

Scooter you don’t get the same splashback, better seating position for posture, don’t have to worry about your gear changes the same

Bike if you lean the right way you can great a great orgasm on it lol it’s way more fun it’s faster I just prefer them anyday "

Even at just a 125 is it noticeably more fun?

Durham

Scooter wrong size wheels for a start. Plus you will have to wear one of those Parker things with lovely fur on the hood.... Shudder at the thought

Bike if you lean the right way you can great a great orgasm on it lol it’s way more fun it’s faster I just prefer them anyday

Even at just a 125 is it noticeably more fun?"

If it’s an off-roader then defo but a 600 is the way to go

By *aughty tradie 49Man  over a year ago

Chatham

Even at just a 125 is it noticeably more fun?"

By *w123Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

"Another vote here for the "buy a cheap Chinese bike and learn to ride properly on a 125 for a while" here.

Bought a Lexmoto ZSX brand new and it was great to ride, looked good, cost sod-all in petrol each month, and was faultless for 4 years until someone nicked it and trashed it..."

Ageee with this. Buy brand new and cheap. Will have warranty and dependant on your bike knowledge will not have issue of previous owners potential bodge jobs. Sell when ready to upgrade and won’t lose as much

Honestly if you are into it id quickly get your a2 done skip over the 125 and get an a2 bike cheaper and tbh you wont learn anything on a 125 that you wouldnt learn in far more comfort on an a2 bike.

Bike if you lean the right way you can great a great orgasm on it lol it’s way more fun it’s faster I just prefer them anyday "

thid is why you have sports tourers. Faired up out kf the wind and your legs are always bone dry

Wait op your 44?

Do your DAS and you will have a whole world of cheap and amazing bikes at your feet.

100% skip the 125 if you can do das.

An sv650 will be cheaper than a 125 last you way longer be infinitely more practicle and you can go on the motorway

By *urious couple22Couple  over a year ago

Derby

If your going for a 125 I would for a honda cb125f.

By *rygveMan  over a year ago

The Shires

I’d agree with the DAS comments. You’ll outgrow a 125 very quickly

"Hi

So I have my CBT booked.....

Any suggestions on good beginners 125 bikes?

Mainly for commuting and short trips

Thx x"

I had a wee gs 125 and it was great. My advice would be don't overspend on your 125 tho.. you'll never get your money back for it.

Would you not just go for the direct access?

Bike if you lean the right way you can great a great orgasm on it lol it’s way more fun it’s faster I just prefer them anyday thid is why you have sports tourers. Faired up out kf the wind and your legs are always bone dry "

We like our firestorms lots of vibrations lol

Is that a real question?? Lol

125s are great fun to ride. Some people prefer them to big bikes. I love my Calli but have great fun on my 125

Probably better just doing your test and getting a bigger bike, a 125 is 3/4 the price of a bigger bike but is lots less capable. You will very quickly out grow a 125.

I considered one (I have a full licence) but I spend a lot of time riding thru town but in the end went with a sv650 physically the same dimensions as some 125s but a lot more capable

By *omewhatSlightlyDazedMan  over a year ago

Warwick Birmingham & YamYamLand

"What is your budget?

About £2000

i,ll sell you my suzuki 125 van van for £1000. only has just over 5K on the clock. xx "

That's a good offer there bud, I bought a van van 18 months ago with 5k on the clock it now has 20k miles on it. Great commuter bike and solid. Even after 12 months you still get your investment back at re sale. Not the fastest of bikes but great for zipping in/out of the traffic

"What is your budget?

About £2000

i,ll sell you my suzuki 125 van van for £1000. only has just over 5K on the clock. xx

That's a good offer there bud, I bought a van van 18 months ago with 5k on the clock it now has 20k miles on it. Great commuter bike and solid. Even after 12 months you still get your investment back at re sale. Not the fastest of bikes but great for zipping in/out of the traffic"

if it’s in good nick that’s a bargain for one of those

Durham

"What is your budget?

About £2000

That's a good offer there bud, I bought a van van 18 months ago with 5k on the clock it now has 20k miles on it. Great commuter bike and solid. Even after 12 months you still get your investment back at re sale. Not the fastest of bikes but great for zipping in/out of the traffic if it’s in good nick that’s a bargain for one of those"

Once knew someone who travelled all over on his. When I say all over, Iceland, Norway and Europe. He had great adventures and loved his. So commuting in town is not they are limited to. Think he did a blog on it somewhere.

Honda varadero

By *omewhatSlightlyDazedMan  over a year ago

Warwick Birmingham & YamYamLand

"Honda varadero "

Another good shout

By *ainbow_RoadWoman  over a year ago

Near Leamington Spa

I would always shout out for the CG125. Cheap to buy and nigh on bulletproof (then again, I've had 4 of them at various times and know them inside out) unless you are stupidly small or tall you will fit on comfortably.

» Add a new message to this topic