FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > How much are you missing riding?

How much are you missing riding?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Obviously there are far more important things in the world, but who is kissing riding hugely at the moment? I really miss that release and freedom. Still trying to plan my trip to Europe to keep my spirits up, although it looks very unlikely

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

It's been brutal the last week days because the weather has brilliant however I've now stripped my ZXR down to its component parts so I'm just waiting for the gasket and bearing kits to arrive and I will start a slow rebuild.

Its kept me out of the way of her indoors so we are not at each others throat every five minutes due to the curfew.

Build bikes-Save lives.

"It's been brutal the last week days because the weather has brilliant however I've now stripped my ZXR down to its component parts so I'm just waiting for the gasket and bearing kits to arrive and I will start a slow rebuild.

Its kept me out of the way of her indoors so we are not at each others throat every five minutes due to the curfew.

Build bikes-Save lives.

"

Yes it has been brutal, the weather has been so good too. I haven't got a garage so I've left my bike at my mates, so can't even do any work on her!!

By *j321Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

My bike is in bits for pining stop me from riding it

Huddersfield

Painting

"Painting "

Good idea! What colour are you going for?

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

"It's been brutal the last week days because the weather has brilliant however I've now stripped my ZXR down to its component parts so I'm just waiting for the gasket and bearing kits to arrive and I will start a slow rebuild.

Build bikes-Save lives.

Yes it has been brutal, the weather has been so good too. I haven't got a garage so I've left my bike at my mates, so can't even do any work on her!! "

Ouch. That's a killer

Huddersfield

[Removed by poster at 28/03/20 09:44:58]

Huddersfield

"Painting

Good idea! What colour are you going for? "

black and red camo

Build bikes-Save lives.

Yes it has been brutal, the weather has been so good too. I haven't got a garage so I've left my bike at my mates, so can't even do any work on her!!

Ouch. That's a killer "

Yes it is mate. I'd have brought it into the house and done a full strip down!

"Painting

Good idea! What colour are you going for? black and red camo"

Nice!!

Huddersfield

"Painting

Good idea! What colour are you going for? black and red camo

Nice!! "

hopefully it turns out ok

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Luckily I started commuting to work last week. It's only 5 miles away but with hardly any traffic it's a great ride.

Luckily I'm allowed to work during these times. Only one ride home I was a bit naughty, I went different route home and that was 10 miles

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Luckily I started commuting to work last week. It's only 5 miles away but with hardly any traffic it's a great ride.

Luckily I'm allowed to work during these times. Only one ride home I was a bit naughty, I went different route home and that was 10 miles "

I know the feeling all too well. I’m a supervisor in a Power Station so have to go into work, I’m using the bike for my commute but not doing the extended route because as a newish rider I’m more likely to have a spill, and I’d be a drain on our stretched but fantastic NHS. But come the end of this , I’ll be racking the miles up

Near Wells

Just take it easy and get the experience. Observe and be very aware of what's around you and you will be fine.

"Just take it easy and get the experience. Observe and be very aware of what's around you and you will be fine. "

Good advice xx. I have 34 years driving experience including 32 years HGV driving but tbh motorcycling is different that’s for sure. Everyone is out to kill you. Only the other day a bus pulled out of a side road onto me, driven by a woman who looked the same age as my 15 year old daughter !!!

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

mot'd the guzzi last sat tester said it was mechanically perfect but could do with a clean [i ride it all year round] i said i will when i get time guess what i'm doing next week

"Luckily I started commuting to work last week. It's only 5 miles away but with hardly any traffic it's a great ride.

Luckily I'm allowed to work during these times. Only one ride home I was a bit naughty, I went different route home and that was 10 miles "

Naughty girl!!!

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

My motorcycle has been off road over the winter normally have it all sorted out ready for end of March and back on the road. Have a couple of overhaul jobs to do on it but just can't seem to get the motivation to do them as can't go anywhere all the big and small rallies been cancelled so what's the point. Such a sad thing to say but is the truth of it at this moment in time.

Near Wells

"Just take it easy and get the experience. Observe and be very aware of what's around you and you will be fine.

Good advice xx. I have 34 years driving experience including 32 years HGV driving but tbh motorcycling is different that’s for sure. Everyone is out to kill you. Only the other day a bus pulled out of a side road onto me, driven by a woman who looked the same age as my 15 year old daughter !!! "

Yesterday, it was exactly 40 years ago that I turned 16 and took to the road on my Suzuki AP50 and I've not looked back since I've always owned a bike, didn't pass my car test until I was 24 and oddly enough passed my class 2 Hgv 2 years ago with no faults.

Near Wells

Luckily I'm allowed to work during these times. Only one ride home I was a bit naughty, I went different route home and that was 10 miles

Naughty girl!!! "

I know, but it was great!

Naughty girl!!!

I know, but it was great!

"

Not jealous at all!!!

By *ydrewMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

I just want to jump on bike. Stuck at home going stir crazy

It’s gotta be done. In your mind one voice is telling you to turn left because it’s the quickest way home, but another more appealing, believable voice is saying “ turn right, turn right, you know you want to” and so the commute home gets longer every day

By *uddy-PuddleMan  over a year ago

newport

With all this nice weather my bike has been polished to within an inch of its life!

Suzuki Intruder in South Wales here

I know the feeling all too well. I’m a supervisor in a Power Station so have to go into work, I’m using the bike for my commute but not doing the extended route because as a newish rider I’m more likely to have a spill, and I’d be a drain on our stretched but fantastic NHS. But come the end of this , I’ll be racking the miles up "

Loving your profile BTW x

By *parkle LoungeWoman  over a year ago

South West

Mine are just sitting in the garage. Keep cleaning them. Just to go for a short blast would be great

By *SCouple81Couple  over a year ago

Between Edinburgh and Scottish Borders

Been on the bike 3 times last week, commuting to work. Didn't ride for few months and coming back in it was amazing. Nightshifts this week so I am taking a car.

Go for a solo ride. I do. And no issues. Lifts the soul in this good weather.

"Obviously there are far more important things in the world, but who is kissing riding hugely at the moment? I really miss that release and freedom. Still trying to plan my trip to Europe to keep my spirits up, although it looks very unlikely "

Using it for commuting only as and when I absolutely have to go in .. I would rather isolate now and be alive to enjoy the bike after this is over than risk my life for a quick blast now .. like you I was planning to go across Europe in June but have accepted that’s not gonna happen now

Bournemouth

I do need some stuff from shop so probably take the bike

Using mine to commute its great with bugger all traffic but it's due its first service in about 200 miles and the bike shop is closed till April 13 that's even if its allowed to open at all, so may have to chuck the cover on it and not ride it till I can book it in.

At least I don't have to worry about an mot

Need to ride mine just insured and taxed it so shall be using it for work atleast that way i get have a razz

It's really doing my head in now, I hate staying inside at the best of times and I had so many things planned this riding season. However, as I work in a hospital I understand the importance of staying at home, so it's something that we'll just have to sit out. Stay safe and be patient everyone. X

"Using mine to commute its great with bugger all traffic but it's due its first service in about 200 miles and the bike shop is closed till April 13 that's even if its allowed to open at all, so may have to chuck the cover on it and not ride it till I can book it in.

At least I don't have to worry about an mot "

So long as you don’t cane the bike, a few extra miles before the service won’t harm it. Keep a close eye on all fluid levels, tyre pressures etc I’m sure you will be ok.

Bournemouth

Needs to be a mass ride out when this is all over

I have taken mine to bits so hopefully it will be back together when the Virus has left us

By *icple4u2Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

Missed being able to make the most of the weather today, so frustrating for us fair weather bikers

Perfect weather today but all I could do was look lovingly at my bike

Bournemouth

"Perfect weather today but all I could do was look lovingly at my bike"

I sat on mine

Did my chain today

Spannering to be done..with lockdown..I may even have to time to find my 10mm socket

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Considering I had to sell the bike last year, I am going mad due to being stuck in traffic, not having much freedom to enjoy the freedom a bike gives you.

"Spannering to be done..with lockdown..I may even have to time to find my 10mm socket "

I've got 5 of them

"Spannering to be done..with lockdown..I may even have to time to find my 10mm socket

I've got 5 of them "

lol but how many can you find... Lol...

Bad news....lost job weeks ago

Good news....got a job infection cleaning at GWH hospital in covid assessment unit.

R1 mot'd rapidly (they were only open for keyworkers) now enjoying practising getting my knee down on the magic roundabout on the way to work

On the way back I'm normally trying not to cry so just ride steady.

Stay at home, keep your distance, wash your hands!

By *edGrayCouple  over a year ago

Swindon

There is 3 riders in my family, all with separate bikes. So I have been occupying myself with stripping them down, cleaning and maintaining them. We was planning on going to Snowdonia this Easter weekend, but that will just have to wait until the social distancing recommendations have been lifted. So yes, I am really missing my bike rides.

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

"Bad news....lost job weeks ago

Good news....got a job infection cleaning at GWH hospital in covid assessment unit.

R1 mot'd rapidly (they were only open for keyworkers) now enjoying practising getting my knee down on the magic roundabout on the way to work

On the way back I'm normally trying not to cry so just ride steady.

Stay at home, keep your distance, wash your hands! "

Firstly well done on getting a job

Secondly why are you trying to get your knee down going to work ? Roads are not the place to try and get your knee down especially with Coranavirus.

Wait til the tracks are open again to try and get your knee down

i was tempted to go out yesterday but decided against it, don't think I can last much longer

By *iker BullMan  over a year ago

leeds

Bright spark,where is most fuel spilled on roads? Think about it

I'm not really trying to get my knee down, if you knew the magic roundabout you'd get the joke. Local humour.

I'm riding like I'm on my C70,very much looking forward to doing a track day and yes, always on the lookout and smelling for fuel spills. Stay safe.

I feel for those not able to get even a small fix of riding, lots of cleaning and maintenance going on I'm sure.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

until I started racing I always thought that getting the knee down was the opitome of going fast round a corner.

It wasn't until I did my first coaching day on track that I found out how bad I actually was.

Once shown how to do it right and getting my body position correct the bike does what you tell it.

Do you race your C70 cub. I seen them race in the Philippines and it was one of the best race days I've ever been to.

I bought this one with the intention of doing track days on it and getting coaching etc to learn to use it properly, but only on track. Thought I'd use the opportunity to commute on it to get familiar with it. May seem daft to some at 30 speed limit but slow speed control is the basis of safe riding.

The C70 is a 1972 with 3k on so no racing. Would love to do the plop enduros though. Always on the lookout for a budget c90 to drop a Lifan 110 into for the open class.

Any recommendations/options for trackday coaching?

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I'm literally on the doorstep of Cadwell Park but I did my coaching days at Brands Hatch when I was based down there.

Worked out about £500 for the weekend but that included the bikes and all the kit. And it was a full day on track 9am till 4pm

Would need to Google where the nearest track is to you.

Cheers. Will look into it.

"Spannering to be done..with lockdown..I may even have to time to find my 10mm socket

I've got 5 of them lol but how many can you find... Lol... "

5 of them cause I'm a kaizen 5s kinda girl

I want to get out and practice on my little 125cc,this is the ideal time!! But I know I can't..

Pontefract

"I bought this one with the intention of doing track days on it and getting coaching etc to learn to use it properly, but only on track. Thought I'd use the opportunity to commute on it to get familiar with it. May seem daft to some at 30 speed limit but slow speed control is the basis of safe riding.

The C70 is a 1972 with 3k on so no racing. Would love to do the plop enduros though. Always on the lookout for a budget c90 to drop a Lifan 110 into for the open class.

Any recommendations/options for trackday coaching?"

Jamie whittam days are good for coaching and Dean Ellison is starting to do 1 on 1 coaching. Find him on twitter to see when he will be starting again.

I had nearly 30 years away from racing as I used to race 350lc’s BITD

Went racing again 2 years ago, felt like I never left

I've got 5 of them lol but how many can you find... Lol...

5 of them cause I'm a kaizen 5s kinda girl "

5s. I remember this when working as an engineer for Unilever. I thought initially it was bollocks but how wrong was I. It’s a great idea and one a lot of people would benefit from adopting.

I've got 5 of them lol but how many can you find... Lol...

5 of them cause I'm a kaizen 5s kinda girl

5s. I remember this when working as an engineer for Unilever. I thought initially it was bollocks but how wrong was I. It’s a great idea and one a lot of people would benefit from adopting. "

Yup I've always been a bit ocd so I took to it really easy and I taught all my. Students from day one to have the same attitude and I'm. Proud to say they were all top of the classes

Cheers Mick. Will look them up. Been making subtle changes to suspension and already improving it. Can't wait for some coaching.

Pontefract

"Cheers Mick. Will look them up. Been making subtle changes to suspension and already improving it. Can't wait for some coaching. "

Get your suspension set up on a trackday. They set up sag and static sag. Then after every session they ask you questions about how the bike is handling. They tweak it a bit then away you go. About £50 to set up

Am still working so I've managed to get the bike out all this week which has been a great stress buster that's for sure

By *athers123Man  over a year ago

Harpenden

I'm itching to get out. Went to the shops on it today for an essential 10 pack of bank holiday lager. The only thing stopping me riding around is how much of a dick I'd feel if I ended up in a and e. It's never happened but just imagine the embarassment. Maybe I should ride wearing knickers under my trousers to encourage myself not to crash!

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

more than you could possibly imagine!!!

Haven't been on my Norton 850 since 1984, she lies in a garage, all dusty, cobwebby and sad waiting to be lovingly restored...

Plus I just bought my lovely man a DDR MZ outfit as a 50th Birthday prezzie and can't wait to zoom off in it to Tenby when the all clear comes through.

"more than you could possibly imagine!!!

Haven't been on my Norton 850 since 1984, she lies in a garage, all dusty, cobwebby and sad waiting to be lovingly restored...

Plus I just bought my lovely man a DDR MZ outfit as a 50th Birthday prezzie and can't wait to zoom off in it to Tenby when the all clear comes through.

"

Are you planning on doing the restoration on the Norton, or are you thinking of selling it??

And I went to Tenby many years ago, great beach!

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"until I started racing I always thought that getting the knee down was the opitome of going fast round a corner.

It wasn't until I did my first coaching day on track that I found out how bad I actually was.

Once shown how to do it right and getting my body position correct the bike does what you tell it.

Do you race your C70 cub. I seen them race in the Philippines and it was one of the best race days I've ever been to.

"

There was an editir/rider/racer that never needed to get his knee down on the road, he bragged in the motorbike magazine he worked for of passing on the outside of the fast boys who had their knees down without it.

More important things than bikes? never. lol.

"Obviously there are far more important things in the world, but who is kissing riding hugely at the moment? I really miss that release and freedom. Still trying to plan my trip to Europe to keep my spirits up, although it looks very unlikely "

Not missing it at all since this nice weather is here, the Panigale is so busy on the traffic less roads

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Not missing it at all since this nice weather is here, the Panigale is so busy on the traffic less roads"

Selfish or what. This is why your post the other day was removed by admin when you were asking people to meet you for a ride out Easter Weekend

Missing it loads, but needs must in these difficult times. Let's hope it all settles down before the summer is gone.

Washed mine bout 20 times just waiting for go

How much am I missing biking? Is the pope catholic. Lol.

Bournemouth

I missed out on most of summer last year through work and bike needing some repairs. This was going to be summer to make up for it

By *coops44Man  over a year ago

near Stansted

Doing all my shopping on either the Tiger (big shops) or the Bonnie .... routes might change or become longer than usual but it’s my way to get out on two wheels

By *glpMan  over a year ago

southwales

Missing it ,,,, you bet. So I went for a ride around the garden !! Sunny day and a Honda shadow 750 around the fields... it was great, if short time .

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

pulled the bikes out the garage at weekend and washed them, started them up. When giving them a little rev we are sure the revs were saying 'RIDE me' 'RIDE me'

Turned off the ignition and put them back in the garage. I may be wrong but as I closed the garage door We are sure we heard them saying 'Bastards'

By *uckcherryCouple  over a year ago

hull

Not missing it, out everyday in this glorious weather, the joys of being a key worker I suppose....

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

I got my bike fixed/sorted last week and am now using it daily for work (keyworker) it's nice to be back on two wheels the bonus is the roads are so quiet. Just a shame we cannot go anywhere else.

» Add a new message to this topic