FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Canada > Vancouver

Vancouver

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm heading to Vancouver in August, for a proper break away from it all, and wondering where the best place to hire a motorbike is (a nice big cruiser). I'm planning to spend a few days in Vancouver, then ride down the US West Coast to San Diego over a couple of weeks. I have thought I might be better off buying a bike in Vancouver then shipping it back home afterwards, but need to properly research both options. Any advice welcome.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

I think you may have problems hiring. I've always had problems with hire cars, with the USA being no no.

Vancouver is fantastic but the traffic can be horrendous.

By *ayde BlanchardTV/TS  over a year ago

lancashire

I used to work in rental in Alberta before I moved to England. Part of the rental agreement and I am speaking cars here. This was National Alamo and Enterprise. The green box on the contract used to say cannot take the vehicle outside of Canada. I have heard some hire company's let you but you need to fill about 227 forums in and pay extras. If you know hire it's always about extras.

Grantham

Have you considered just doing British Columbia and Albert? Great places for biking, especially off the beaten track?

Otherwise, fly to Van, sightsee, then train to Settle and pick up a bike there?

Grantham

Seattle not settle!

By *ayde BlanchardTV/TS  over a year ago

lancashire

One thing to look out for is GST which is like VAT here. Alberta it's 5% where BC it's 12%

» Add a new message to this topic