FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Chatroom help

Chatroom help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Someone wants to chat with me via the General Chatroom rather than in our profiles.

1. Why would she prefer this? I've asked but she hasn't explained.

2. I can get to the GC and my name is listed but at the bottom of the list it says " there is no facility to chat privately"or words to that effect and something about a "beta version".

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Chatting (ie. sending messages) via profiles can be slow and tedious. It's much quicker in real time inside the chat rooms. You can chat privately by selecting the PM option if that's shown below the person's name in the room member list. Some people have that option disabled in which case you can't PM them. If that's the case it might be worth suggesting she enable that feature so you can chat privately.

Thanks for your help. In the General Chatroom list I've never seen any names with "PM" attached and I can't see where to add "PM"to my name.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

Since you cannot PM yourself, you don't see a PM button for yourself.

"Since you cannot PM yourself, you don't see a PM button for yourself."

I realise that but the previous person said we can enable PM for ourselves in the General Chatroom. Whereabouts do we do that?

Also I would expected at least one person out of about 60 to be showing PM.

But thanks for the reply.

Bexley

[Removed by poster at 12/01/21 14:23:39]

Bexley

"Since you cannot PM yourself, you don't see a PM button for yourself.

I realise that but the previous person said we can enable PM for ourselves in the General Chatroom. Whereabouts do we do that?

Also I would expected at least one person out of about 60 to be showing PM.

But thanks for the reply."

No you don't enable it for yourself. In the room member list you should see most members will have a pm button below their name. You click on that button to open a private message window in which you can exhange private messages with them.

That's how it appears on our laptop. If you're using a phone the layour may be different but the function should be there somewhere.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

If you are using a mobile phone you may not be able to pm message, I know I can't on my mobile

By *thletic gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Funky

How do I publish my cam (on iPad)

Bexley

"If you are using a mobile phone you may not be able to pm message, I know I can't on my mobile"

That might explain the issue.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"the previous person said we can enable PM for ourselves in the General Chatroom. Whereabouts do we do that?"
On the desktop chat, there's a dropdown below your own camera pic, that allows you to choose who can PM/Poke you.

I don't know if you can PM on the mobile version, if not, then I guess that would explain why PM buttons are not displayed.

Bexley

"On the desktop chat, there's a dropdown below your own camera pic, that allows you to choose who can PM/Poke you.

I don't know if you can PM on the mobile version, if not, then I guess that would explain why PM buttons are not displayed."

» Add a new message to this topic