FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > New chat = terrible

New chat = terrible

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

whats going on ? have been forced into trying out the new chat due to things no longer working on old method and seemed to have dived into a yahoo type chat room .. very confusing and not at all easy to use .. May I ask if this is going to be the future chat facility offered for members? if so I wont be renewing its frankly terrible ..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

new chat is good to use once you get used to it.

Unfortunately Old Chat (userplane) is not under admin's control so when it goes down all they can do is poke userplane to get it up and running.

Give new chat a chance, in less busier times

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hated new chat at first... Once I got used to it I like it...u do get used to it....

Needs a few tweaks thou

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks guys , will keep an eye on it see how it develops or doesn't .. ta for the input

we would use new chat but we cant both use our profile, we cant see what each other says or when one of us in and the other goes in one gets booted, its a cpls profile so we should both be able to use it like in old chat

"we would use new chat but we cant both use our profile, we cant see what each other says or when one of us in and the other goes in one gets booted, its a cpls profile so we should both be able to use it like in old chat "

You need to have two profiles to chat at the same time im afraid, its not like the old userplane chat.

Nothing wrong with setting up another mf profile, even if you just say 'for chat only, main profile is XXXX' etc

It has its advantages over old chat… PM's can be turned off (or to pals only), cams are far far clearer… and is more reliable than userplane.

It has its quirks, but as its an in house build, the sites owners are looking to improve it and at least if any bugs do appear then can ammend themselves rather than waiting for a 3rd party to do it.

Steve

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

New chat is far better than the old chat. If I was the site owners I would close the old chat down. Hardly anybody uses the old chat.

"New chat is far better than the old chat. If I was the site owners I would close the old chat down. Hardly anybody uses the old chat. "

no dont close old chat because if you check the directing room is always being used and some of the others are as well.

I used to hate new chat when it first came out but to be honest I think it is brilliant now just for chatting. Just gotta persevere lol

» Add a new message to this topic