FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Chat rooms are useless.

Chat rooms are useless.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After 10 months of using them, they are completely useless, I find the London chat room dead 95% of the time, closely followed by the southeast, never understood why.

The directing rooms are usually imbalanced with 2 rooms always being full and the rest never really having more than 5-6 people where no one engages with one another.

I have probably had 8 interactions with men and women on their since I have been there. Barely anyone engages with each other at all, especially when it's only men in the room, it doesn't have to be that way.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agree with everything you have said re:chat rooms. I did once write on one of the rooms how come some people's comments are ignored and others seem to be existing friends. The reason I got was that some of the people that go on the chat rooms regularly have built up a rapore, so they don't really pay much attention to new profile names until they start to get familiar.

"Agree with everything you have said re:chat rooms. I did once write on one of the rooms how come some people's comments are ignored and others seem to be existing friends. The reason I got was that some of the people that go on the chat rooms regularly have built up a rapore, so they don't really pay much attention to new profile names until they start to get familiar. "

Yes I noticed to that the people who were talking with one another already knew each other which is understandable.

I'm not saying I'm entitled to a response from anyone, I just find it strange how a lot of people would rather sit in a room in silence rather than try to get to know new people, seems like it defeats the purpose of the chat rooms

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

We don't spend much time in chat and although we never post publicly we do chat to guys privately by pm. Sometimes several at the same time.

By *torm in a G cupWoman  over a year ago

Land of the Long White Cloud

I love chatting in the rooms. It can be very much as you describe OP with loads of people in and barely anyone chatting. I sometimes get stick for chatting too from some obnoxious folk who believe women should only be in chat rooms to be on cam and follow every direction given.

I try not to exclude anyone from conversation, but it can be hard to hold multiple conversations, especially when the thread is fast moving or I am having a pm.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"I love chatting in the rooms. It can be very much as you describe OP with loads of people in and barely anyone chatting. I sometimes get stick for chatting too from some obnoxious folk who believe women should only be in chat rooms to be on cam and follow every direction given.

I try not to exclude anyone from conversation, but it can be hard to hold multiple conversations, especially when the thread is fast moving or I am having a pm.

"

That's a good point. It's almost impossible to keep up with the chat in a busy room. It's much easier to open a private PM chat and have time to read/respond. Horses for courses.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

In 5 years here I've been in the chat rooms numerous times. Each time hoping for a better reception.

I stick to the Irish room because it isn't as busy so there is no excuse about comments being missed.

Despite being fairly active in the forums and recognising almost every profile in the room each time I've gone in, I have yet to have anyone even acknowledge I was there.

Not one single comment was responded to.

The last time I went in was on New year's Eve because someone started a forum thread inviting people.

Once again not a word and people carried on with their conversations.

"In 5 years here I've been in the chat rooms numerous times. Each time hoping for a better reception.

I stick to the Irish room because it isn't as busy so there is no excuse about comments being missed.

Despite being fairly active in the forums and recognising almost every profile in the room each time I've gone in, I have yet to have anyone even acknowledge I was there.

The last time I went in was on New year's Eve because someone started a forum thread inviting people.

"

So it's not only me that has the same issues with the chat rooms. Think I'll just call it quits with them

By *esty 2021Man  over a year ago

Rockford IL

"In 5 years here I've been in the chat rooms numerous times. Each time hoping for a better reception.

"

As a counter point I am an avid chatter and have been for 13 years or so. Met many people and have some very close offline friends as a result.

Try to pass a comment in a forum though and it’s crickets every time.

Horses for courses as someone said.

As a counter point I am an avid chatter and have been for 13 years or so. Met many people and have some very close offline friends as a result.

Horses for courses as someone said."

That's probably a good idea to be honest. Don't know why I haven't tried that yet. I'll give it a go

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

I love the chatrooms if it wasn't for them I would have left fab years ago.

I do find though it does require effort, and you aren't just going to get an immediate reaction from the first time you go in there. Join in and get yourself involved and you will soon get noticed.

I never do understand the guys who go in there and just say hello to the ladies in there as if they are scared that if they converse with another man they will be outed as gay or something.

I have found London room isn't the friendliest at the best of times, you aren't bound by law to stay in the chatroom of the area you live in, I try them all till I find the one that fits.

Belfast

"I love the chatrooms if it wasn't for them I would have left fab years ago.

I do find though it does require effort, and you aren't just going to get an immediate reaction from the first time you go in there. Join in and get yourself involved and you will soon get noticed.

I never do understand the guys who go in there and just say hello to the ladies in there as if they are scared that if they converse with another man they will be outed as gay or something.

I have found London room isn't the friendliest at the best of times, you aren't bound by law to stay in the chatroom of the area you live in, I try them all till I find the one that fits."

As I said before I've made numerous attempts to get involved. I've been in the rooms for an hour at a time and always made a point of posting when conversation went quiet and I can honestly say not one single person ever replied. The conversation would pick up again as if I hadn't been there at all.

These were mostly people I engage with every day in the forums so that was why I stuck to the Irish forums as there was more chance of people knowing who I was and not a random newcomer.

I don't feel I'm missing out on not being involved in the chatrooms but it just shows the different dynamics.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Horses for courses as someone said."

**** is that a tumble blowing across that there road

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

Ten years ago the chat room were amazing so many friends and meets off them

Then the hordes of idiot men arived

By *anilla switchWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

I find it hit and miss really. As already, mentioned some evenings even following a thread let alone having a conversation is impossible. I'm not great remembering users names, so that dosen't go in my favour either.

There are a lot of popular regular woman users who seam to have a huge male following, so I avoid that particular room. No point in staying as I'll be ignored.

I have chatted to some really fun people as well

By *avidagainMan  over a year ago

st.leonards on sea

i am new to chat but had a couple of great experiences today watching cams all i can say is wow

monique

x

By *anilla switchWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

"i am new to chat but had a couple of great experiences today watching cams all i can say is wow

monique

x"

Wow indeed

By *ttoWoman  over a year ago

llanelli

Try the Wales chat room. Often quiet but when a few people start chatting it busies up. No directing so respectful people only and us Welsh will talk to anyone!

We have tried the chat rooms a few times (usually the SW room) but must say it's not that good of an experience.

Mrs Furvert finds it full of too many pushey or rude and disrespectful men that constantly need telling of like little children though I might add usually others will pipe up and say its unacceptable too.

Far too few people come into the chat rooms, probably put off in our opinion.

Seems like the majority come to just gorp at the cam's? we can go on with our cam on only have a chat with 2-3 profiles and come off to see our profile viewed 400-500 time's?

I must say that it's more like an online free version of an Amsterdam peep show rather than a chat room now which isn't very inspiring to return to for a couple or a lady.

I agree with everything people are saying about getting a response etc i go in chat rooms and and send messages but more often than no i get ignored or told I'm too old. However i do realise that there are cliques and groups who chat vith each others and no one else. I also wpuldn't expect to walk into a pub and expect everyon3 to stop their conversations and talk to me a stranger. This site reflecys real life although you wouldn't always believe it lol

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I used to use the chat rooms. It takes more than an hour to get noticed.

Most men come in looking to watch cams. They say hello and nice tits a few times and think they are chatting.

So the regulars ignore you as yet another chancer. You need to persevere over time and not talk about sex much

"I used to use the chat rooms. It takes more than an hour to get noticed.

Most men come in looking to watch cams. They say hello and nice tits a few times and think they are chatting.

So the regulars ignore you as yet another chancer. You need to persevere over time and not talk about sex much

"

very rare we chat about sex in the south west room, would much rather talk about food

"

Ok. Never ever spoken about anything remotely sexual in the chat rooms.

Rockford IL

[Removed by poster at 09/10/21 20:42:53]

Belfast

"

I don't even talk about sex in pm's so I'm not exactly going to start in a chatroom.

As I said above many of the people in the rooms when I was there were people I engage with already in the Irish forums and have done almost daily for 2½ years so I find it strange that every attempt at saying hello or taking part in the conversation was completely ignored.

No one was playing on cam at any stage while I was in there so there were no distractions and I don't remember anyone having a sexual conversation. It was all general chat but yet......?

By *9curious69Man  over a year ago

douglas

Instead of putting the focus on camming or regions why not add rooms which are about topics instead? Complete random examples lingerie loves, mmfs or just wanking. This may stimulate more chat instead off 100+ watching a few cams with 10 having a chats which few can follow

The South West room is ok

"The South West room is ok"

Oh only ok , we must endeavour to try harder

Rockford IL

"The South West room is ok

Oh only ok , we must endeavour to try harder "

I think he missed the word “barely” out of that sentence

I think he missed the word “barely” out of that sentence "

Very harsh, you are breaking my heart

Grantham

What I meant was that one has to prove to the regulars that one is not a fly by night looking to talk about sex.

It takes a surprisingly long time to start getting noticed so don't give up everyone

Rockford IL

I think he missed the word “barely” out of that sentence

Very harsh, you are breaking my heart "

You know I am kidding

Keeping up conversations with people can be hard especially when there are a lot of people messaging you at the same time. I try to talk to everyone if possible but the chat can move so fast I may have missed some people. I hope you have a better experience next time OP

Pablo gets a 7.5 out of 10 for being welcoming.

By *asochistMan  over a year ago

Folkestone

Yeah. - 2.5 for calling me a grinch

Folkestone

lol

"Yeah. - 2.5 for calling me a grinch"

Ha ha ha. Bless ya, you Grinch x

By *ancelot1633Man  over a year ago

oston

"

Why not try so either rooms before you give up the ghost. Obvs the Irish room isn’t working for you. Good luck

Why not try so either rooms before you give up the ghost. Obvs the Irish room isn’t working for you. Good luck "

They are still shit for the most part

By *oftyandhisloverCouple  over a year ago

surrey

I don't even talk about sex in pm's so I'm not exactly going to start in a chatroom.

As I said above many of the people in the rooms when I was there were people I engage with already in the Irish forums and have done almost daily for 2½ years so I find it strange that every attempt at saying hello or taking part in the conversation was completely ignored.

No one was playing on cam at any stage while I was in there so there were no distractions and I don't remember anyone having a sexual conversation. It was all general chat but yet......? "

Phew!!!! So glad it’s not just me!!! I’ve (gal half of couple) find the camming really dull and boring. Attempting to join in a conversation is like pulling teeth lol so gave up months ago

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"

Think of it as a stranger in a pub saying Hello at the door as they come in . Would you expect every one to turn round and start chatting to you?

Get to know one or two, say hello to one or two personally and you will find more will engage in the chat. Watch the conversations and join in with an appropriate comment or two.

Folkestone

Think of it as a stranger in a pub saying Hello at the door as they come in . Would you expect every one to turn round and start chatting to you?

Get to know one or two, say hello to one or two personally and you will find more will engage in the chat. Watch the conversations and join in with an appropriate comment or two.

What he said

By *ogglesMan  over a year ago

essex and norfolk

No one seems to want to chat anymore on here or meet come to that.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I think the chatroom are fine. KinkyMinx and Masochist are spot-on with their comments.

Folkestone

In my humble opinion, chat rooms are not for everyone.

If you dont join in and make yourself known, then why would others join with you?

I can honestly say that I can go in any room and interact with others, because I listen and watch and chime in with comments that fit the conversation.

Its not hard.......just join in.

So many people come in a room and sit and say nothing and wonder why they feel excluded.......

I tend to find the General room is best for chat - its non-directing, so people are more likely to interact

... Maybe you need something controversial like, is a jaffa cake a cake or a biscuit

"Instead of putting the focus on camming or regions why not add rooms which are about topics instead? Complete random examples lingerie loves, mmfs or just wanking. This may stimulate more chat instead off 100+ watching a few cams with 10 having a chats which few can follow "

Yes and the directing rooms down to two only.

Think the wanking can be minimised a bit.

By *ootprints1629Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in moray

It would also be great if the quality is better from the app...its very laggy..we only use a mobile phone so the app is far easier..but the chat rooms seem very complicated from a mobile.

By *oreplaylover69Man  over a year ago

southend on sea

I was wounding if you have tryed your own forum as if you set it up thous that enter may chat with you just a thought

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Agree with everything you have said re:chat rooms. I did once write on one of the rooms how come some people's comments are ignored and others seem to be existing friends. The reason I got was that some of the people that go on the chat rooms regularly have built up a rapore, so they don't really pay much attention to new profile names until they start to get familiar.

Yes I noticed to that the people who were talking with one another already knew each other which is understandable.

I'm not saying I'm entitled to a response from anyone, I just find it strange how a lot of people would rather sit in a room in silence rather than try to get to know new people, seems like it defeats the purpose of the chat rooms"

It's a two way streak how any person or persons connect so yes it's finding that little bit of a connection can be anything or nothing important but humour can play a role as a beginning go in with no expectations as it's a useful tool to spend some quality time leading anywhere or nowhere but a Time enjoyed freely

Whenever I've been in chat it had been pretty lively and actually quite fun chatting with people. Agree rooms can be imbalanced but just go to the busier rooms.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

I used to go in the chat rooms regularly until I was banned for life. Now I cam on another site, where people have to pay full membership to be able to access the chat rooms. Must say that does attract more respectful people to the rooms. xxx

"After 10 months of using them, they are completely useless, I find the London chat room dead 95% of the time, closely followed by the southeast, never understood why.

The directing rooms are usually imbalanced with 2 rooms always being full and the rest never really having more than 5-6 people where no one engages with one another.

I have probably had 8 interactions with men and women on their since I have been there. Barely anyone engages with each other at all, especially when it's only men in the room, it doesn't have to be that way."

This is going to sound pretty blunt but do you go on there looking for a debate or a in depth conversation which there are plenty ! Or do you try have fun

"I used to go in the chat rooms regularly until I was banned for life. Now I cam on another site, where people have to pay full membership to be able to access the chat rooms. Must say that does attract more respectful people to the rooms. xxx"

For life ? Why ??

"After 10 months of using them, they are completely useless, I find the London chat room dead 95% of the time, closely followed by the southeast, never understood why.

I have probably had 8 interactions with men and women on their since I have been there. Barely anyone engages with each other at all, especially when it's only men in the room, it doesn't have to be that way.

This is going to sound pretty blunt but do you go on there looking for a debate or a in depth conversation which there are plenty ! Or do you try have fun "

Fun. I used to try and join in the convo. Not anymore though, they have lost their privileges of having me in there.

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Chat rooms have there place just like any other part of the FAB network.

It's the whole - good profile.

Network online. Chat rooms, forums, messages

Network offline. Clubs, social events.

Every thing is cyclic. You'll get good days and bad days in each.

But together you will get an experience and in the end you become part of the swinging community.

By *ausageNmashCouple  over a year ago

Andover

Never really bothered with them over the years. Find them boring, confusing and a bit silly but hey ho

"I used to go in the chat rooms regularly until I was banned for life. Now I cam on another site, where people have to pay full membership to be able to access the chat rooms. Must say that does attract more respectful people to the rooms. xxx

For life ? Why ??"

I don't know. Admin have never responded to my messages and don't accept apologies....if someone did wrong and apologised I know I would forgive them. It takes balls to accept you've done something wrong and apologise. But that obviously isn't good enough here hey ho there's other places lol

Shame Suzi always loved your cam....

Loads of fun, chatrooms always full xxxx

"Shame Suzi always loved your cam....

Loads of fun, chatrooms always full xxxx"

Awww thank you Jingles.... I still get over 200 watching just not on here. Though I do miss some of you xxxxx Suzi

Newcastle

Op Ever thought it might be your approach not saying you are a bad person but always a technique where people are just able to approach online or off without being very sociable it's a natural connection without any expectations they lead afterwards if any

Something i have never understood, its not just unique to FAB, you'll get 150 in the room and only 10-20 chatting. I would try and acknowledge everyone but often (in my case especially women) would blank me guys wouldn't say anything but would constantly try an ping me PMs without asking so my PM was for friends only.

Not having a moan just saying it how it is, as said not unique to FAB. If you go into chat the best way is to look at the conversations and join in with the ones you can contribute, if you go in expecting an immediate response, and show me your tits. Probably won't get you far.

For me i like to talk to people and get to know them, interested in people. If they only want to get in my pants then they will usually be blocked.

"Something i have never understood, its not just unique to FAB, you'll get 150 in the room and only 10-20 chatting. I would try and acknowledge everyone but often (in my case especially women) would blank me guys wouldn't say anything but would constantly try an ping me PMs without asking so my PM was for friends only.

Not having a moan just saying it how it is, as said not unique to FAB. If you go into chat the best way is to look at the conversations and join in with the ones you can contribute, if you go in expecting an immediate response, and show me your tits. Probably won't get you far.

For me i like to talk to people and get to know them, interested in people. If they only want to get in my pants then they will usually be blocked.

"

I agree with all of this.

My pms are for friends only, so some guys will instead direct message me then tell me to check my mail. I don't reply to these.

I have made lots of Fab friends through chat and can have lots of giggles with the right kind of people in the rooms.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

I would disagree with your opinion that the chatrooms are useless; this site has a variety of components that suit different personalities.

I personally prefer the forum and threads where I can express my opinions (about a wide variety of topics) in a more indepth fashion.

Other prefer more chatty lightweight spontaneous chatroom interactions.

I suspect that experienced fabbers who over the years have established a network of trusted, dependable and discreet like-minded contacts have no need to interact on either the forum or in the chatrooms.

They probably arrange their own private meets, behind closed doors, where their secrets will remain

"Never really bothered with them over the years. Find them boring, confusing and a bit silly but hey ho "
100% true

By *oulivCouple  over a year ago

Newtown

"Try the Wales chat room. Often quiet but when a few people start chatting it busies up. No directing so respectful people only and us Welsh will talk to anyone!"

Find the exact opposite in the Welsh room, even when we have been on cam you get blanked, If your not in South Wales you may as well be in Canada

My first time on fab, I got into the chat rooms and had a great time, loads of laughs, socials, getting to know people and generally good fun. That was before phone access, I don't try to use them now cause its hopeless on my phone but I don't use a laptop anymore so no more chat

Grantham

"... Maybe you need something controversial like, is a jaffa cake a cake or a biscuit "

Nooo, it's been done to death already

Grantham

"100% true"

What are you hoping for OP? Naked women to climb through your camera for a shag?

"100% true

What are you hoping for OP? Naked women to climb through your camera for a shag? "

Yes thats exactly what I expected.

Did you read my mind?

Grantham

"100% true

What are you hoping for OP? Naked women to climb through your camera for a shag?

Yes thats exactly what I expected.

Did you read my mind?"

Of course I did

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

Sadly you are correct Chat has been going down hill for years but the flood of idiots mostly BUT not only men who found swinging but have no idea or intention of behaving as sane killed it chat was dead in pandemic lockdown for a bizarre reason and has not recovered It is a terrible reflection on. Society Get a grip people

"Sadly you are correct Chat has been going down hill for years but the flood of idiots mostly BUT not only men who found swinging but have no idea or intention of behaving as sane killed it chat was dead in pandemic lockdown for a bizarre reason and has not recovered It is a terrible reflection on. Society Get a grip people"

Wow, nearly fainted from lack of oxygen reading that

By *ttoWoman  over a year ago

llanelli

"Try the Wales chat room. Often quiet but when a few people start chatting it busies up. No directing so respectful people only and us Welsh will talk to anyone!

Find the exact opposite in the Welsh room, even when we have been on cam you get blanked, If your not in South Wales you may as well be in Canada "

I haven’t seen you in there, I’ll chat with anyone pretty much! X

I'm new to this site but I've used similar sites for years and found chatrooms are all a bit like this. Regulars chat to regulars. The criticism of 'cliquey' is common.

Personally, I've always made a point of welcoming people who come in and say hi. It's just a nice thing to do. Everyone was a first-time visitor once and it can be daunting.

I'm brand new so I feel weird being the one to suggest it but... if anyone would like a group chat any time (with a guaranteed friendly welcome) I'd be up for that.

"... Maybe you need something controversial like, is a jaffa cake a cake or a biscuit

Nooo, it's been done to death already "

Does chocolate belong with mayo is the next controversial topic !

By *ilkchocolate87Man  over a year ago

sw london

I have probably had 8 interactions with men and women on their since I have been there. Barely anyone engages with each other at all, especially when it's only men in the room, it doesn't have to be that way."

Agreed they are pointless. It’s mainly to show off and people to perv. Don’t rely on it as a way to meet someone new

Agreed they are pointless. It’s mainly to show off and people to perv. Don’t rely on it as a way to meet someone new "

I absolutely go in chat to perv and to have some laughs on and off cam. I have made good fab friends through chatting, camping and perving. I just go in without any expectations and treat others with respect.

Newcastle

The chat rooms are for the ability to enjoy and connect with more than one person.how each person connects with others is entirely on them how they interact no body is owned a reply but it's engaging within the subject/topic as a starting point or create one as a whole not just directed to one or person/person's on cam

When I used the chat rooms I barely ever chatted! I usually play with myself in the directing rooms though so my concentration is elsewhere

By *oly Fuck Sticks BatmanCouple  over a year ago

here & there

South east is always full when we are in there…

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"When I used the chat rooms I barely ever chatted! I usually play with myself in the directing rooms though so my concent ration is elsewhere "

This

Belfast

Get to know one or two, say hello to one or two personally and you will find more will engage in the chat. Watch the conversations and join in with an appropriate comment or two. "

As I said in a subsequent post these were people I already knew and chat to on a regular basis in the forums. I'm not a stranger to them. They respond to comments I make in the forums but yet there was no acknowledgement I was even present in the camrooms.

I accept that conversations can move fast in there at times but strangely that didn't seem to make a difference when a woman logged in.

Everyone would make a point of saying hello and immediately include her in the conversation.

On one occasion a woman logged in saying this was her very first time ever in a chatroom and she was welcomed and given a guided tour almost.

I can only speak about my own experience and it's not a rant at all because I won't be going back in there. I just find it curious that guys are often advised to pop into the chatrooms for a relaxed chat and to get a cam veri.

That wasn't my reason for going in there but I wonder how that happens if my experience is anything to go by?

As I said in a subsequent post these were people I already knew and chat to on a regular basis in the forums. I'm not a stranger to them. They respond to comments I make in the forums but yet there was no acknowledgement I was even present in the camrooms.

I accept that conversations can move fast in there at times but strangely that didn't seem to make a difference when a woman logged in.

Everyone would make a point of saying hello and immediately include her in the conversation.

On one occasion a woman logged in saying this was her very first time ever in a chatroom and she was welcomed and given a guided tour almost.

I can only speak about my own experience and it's not a rant at all because I won't be going back in there. I just find it curious that guys are often advised to pop into the chatrooms for a relaxed chat and to get a cam veri.

That wasn't my reason for going in there but I wonder how that happens if my experience is anything to go by?"

It happens quite often, but new people have to work at it, not just sit there waiting for people to notice them, join in with conversations, it takes effort. Many people get cam verified in the fab chatrooms I go in, but they do have to get involved with everything, not just sit there waiting to be noticed.

By *ittlekinks38Woman  over a year ago

outside belfast x

I've been in and out of chatrooms since I joined almost two years ago and my advice would be to say hi to ppl personally zone them out so to speak say hi and see what happens from there am usually very chatty and have been on cam a few times had a few ppl recognise me and I kinda freaked out but still carried on chatting...if you wanna chat just gotta put yourself out there! I mean you wouldn't really walk into a room of ppl you don't know and not talk to anyone but yet wanna be heard? Speak up until someone starts a conversation with you even if it's just a short and sweet conversation it has to start somewhere x

Newry Down

I personally do not like the chatrooms because the interactions tend to be too brief and frivolous.

I much prefer the forum and its disparate threads, although some of those tend to be pointless.

Frankly, I have never posted a comment in any chatroom, ever, and feel disinclined to do so.

The forum and personal messaging is my preference

I try to use the chatrooms, usually one in particular. I'm mostly ignored even when i directly comment to one person. The regulars chat to each other and most ignore anyone else.

The other day 2 regulars were talking about various other rooms and said that they find they get ignored or everyone is just talking about ailments .... they then proceded to chat to each other about their various ailments and ignored everyone else lol

By *eandmrsjones69Couple  over a year ago

Middle England

We used to go to the chat rooms but in general they are same old, same old so don't bother anymore. Also, as requested by so many people and just ignored, the rooms could be made interest specific and help people with common interests meet. Sometimes by location is a total waste of time (eg the site says Norwich is in the same area as us even though it's over 100miles away!!)

Why not have a BBW room, matures, BDSM or whatever? It would only be say half a dozen or so. It's been asked for before on different threads but never been implemented. I'm sure it would be a popular addition; or at least trial it and see.

outside belfast x

How about we arrange a time or a night and meet each other in a certain chatroom and get the chat flowing I don't mind which chatrooms as am from Ireland I typically stick to that chatroom ... but up for meeting and chatting if that's what you fancy doing? Even just in general chat room xx

What yous think??

outside belfast x

"How about we arrange a time or a night and meet each other in a certain chatroom and get the chat flowing I don't mind which chatrooms as am from Ireland I typically stick to that chatroom ... but up for meeting and chatting if that's what you fancy doing? Even just in general chat room xx

What yous think?? "

I've put another thread up in chatroom post if anyone is interested pop your name under that post thanks cj x

We've put on a show a few times in Chat and had some interactions. Generally now we block PM from all but our friends as we get inundated otherwise and it is impossible to keep up. Some people on there are quite offensive telling us what they want to see is fine but being stroppy about us saying "not now we've just finished" is a bit rich. Look at how you sell yourself on there, do you have a camera and microphone active? Sitting as naked as a j-bird isn't always the best way to get attention. The local chat rooms are a bit dull we agree but a lot of them on there just want us to do what they want and then come on their keyboards. We've had a few who didn't go through with a meet afterwards and it is easier to hide in the general directing rooms.

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

Maybe it's you?

C

Newry Down

I wouldn't knock the chatrooms for what they are; they serve a purpose: banter and venting.

There is quite a diverse spectrum of people on this site, but with an extreme imbalance towards the number of single males, with little in common apart from the latter.

Perhaps if there were chatrooms devoted to single populist activities such as football; the GAA; popular music; C&W music; line dancing; etc., fab members might have something more specific to chat about rather than entering a generic directing room or Ireland chatroom.

By *dquestCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

We just don't use the chat rooms at all. The site works great for meeting other swingers and setting up socials and dates! Think fab could use its resources better by focusing on core functions like improving the search capability and making profiles a bit more interactive. There are tons of other sites for video wanks and only a few for swingers.

Chatrooms are so hit and miss. Sometimes nobody wants to chat and it is all about guys with no cams on demanding women do exactly as they want. Today though I have been having some great banter about rugby, cricket and lots of other random stuff.

It really depends who is in and enough people making the effort to chat.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

I miss the old IRC chatrooms where a good room Op (moderator) would involve newbies in the conversation while making sure the chatters kept within the rules.

Grantham

"Don’t rely on it as a way to meet someone new "

I met a few people through chat and am still friends with some

» Add a new message to this topic