FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > People asking to go on Skype!

People asking to go on Skype!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone else get fed up of people asking to go on Skype constantly?

Some rooms seem to be worse than others but I wonder of something could be added to the warning message about it and then the room mods could ban people if they continued to do it.

If they want to ask someone specifically then they could do it in a PM, it doesn't have to be in the main chat.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rs DCouple  over a year ago

far

Get asked all the time an its a deffo no no. Its not safe because can be recorded safer to cam on here

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Get asked all the time an its a deffo no no. Its not safe because can be recorded safer to cam on here "

This can be recorded too.

Grantham

"Some rooms seem to be worse than others "

The bi-room is very bad for it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've seen people kicked out of chat for asking this more than once. I'm guessing with it being christmas there are just less room mods at the minute though, as they'll be busy.

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

Yes very much so

By *urreyfemWoman  over a year ago

surrey

I generally ask for someone to Skype just so I can see them. Pics can be deceiving and I don't want to turn up and meet someone who doesn't appear anything like the pictures they sent

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I generally ask for someone to Skype just so I can see them. Pics can be deceiving and I don't want to turn up and meet someone who doesn't appear anything like the pictures they sent "

Me too, as it happened back in the day so I learnt the hard way.

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

For me camming was goiod when we didnt have wotsapp.. mobile phones and messenger was the in thing.. etc... now its gone boring for me

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

hi all, admin could put a block on words skype, whatsup, kik, etc. but we all use this site in different ways, some people like to see before a meet, but we think most use them to wank over, the bi room is the worst . maybe a skype meeting room may be the answer ?? ..connie x

Perhaps however they want to see you wank so they can get their rocks off for you

Banned for asking to go on Skype. Jesus!

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"Perhaps however they want to see you wank so they can get their rocks off for you"

then only rocks that get off are not mine..we like to meet in person, have no intreasts in watching a man wank on cam ..connie xx

"Perhaps however they want to see you wank so they can get their rocks off for you

then only rocks that get off are not mine..we like to meet in person, have no intreasts in watching a man wank on cam ..connie xx "

Neither do I as does nothing for me and a reason I won't use Skype

Is it because the video quality is better on Skype ? Just a thought?

"Is it because the video quality is better on Skype ? Just a thought?"

Yes this is true, the "file size" and audio quality is better than almost all group run web-chat services . . . but it's not likely to be the main reason for the request?

Surely all have experienced the persistent solo-guy who, having found what he wants to jerk off to, then wants nothing other than "one to one"? They want you to not have the interruptions of others trying to pull off the same tactic.

"pull off the same tactic"? Jerk off? Oops . .

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Is it because the video quality is better on Skype ? Just a thought?

Yes this is true, the "file size" and audio quality is better than almost all group run web-chat services . . . but it's not likely to be the main reason for the request?

Surely all have experienced the persistent solo-guy who, having found what he wants to jerk off to, then wants nothing other than "one to one"? They want you to not have the interruptions of others trying to pull off the same tactic.

"pull off the same tactic"? Jerk off? Oops . . "

Yes definitely this and also a lot of guys only have phones or tablets so can't cam in the chatrooms. also some guys can only cam in the bathroom on their phone so their wife can't see

By *r an Mrs xMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Usually from the same fake profiles

By *oxesMan  over a year ago

Southend, Essex

Much eaiser and safer to go on Skype.

Much safer than fan and you can get a word in edge ways. That's why i always ask before i meet people if they refuse they are clearly fake.

By *keg funCouple  over a year ago

SKEGNESS

"Much eaiser and safer to go on Skype.

Much safer than fan and you can get a word in edge ways. That's why i always ask before i meet people if they refuse they are clearly fake."

no they are not we have never used skype and we are NOT fake x

By *ed LipstickWoman  over a year ago

Fucksville

I don't go on cam on here but always ask to Skype before I meet. Learned the hard way after driving 35 mins to see someone that was 20 yrs older than his prof pics x

Much safer than fan and you can get a word in edge ways. That's why i always ask before i meet people if they refuse they are clearly fake."

What a load of rubbish I've never used it and I'm not fake, have the verifications to prove it too

By *oxesMan  over a year ago

Southend, Essex

"I don't go on cam on here but always ask to Skype before I meet. Learned the hard way after driving 35 mins to see someone that was 20 yrs older than his prof pics x"

Learnt the hard way too a freind of mine who was a swinger and i knew them from the outside world adviced it.

But anyway i tried to organise a meet with someone on here who refused to Skype any way meet organized they did a no show and blocked the profile and kik what a complete utter time waister. So for me its lesson learnt Skype or no social meet simple as.

By *eanontiWoman  over a year ago

Limerick

Much safer than fan and you can get a word in edge ways. That's why i always ask before i meet people if they refuse they are clearly fake.

What a load of rubbish I've never used it and I'm not fake, have the verifications to prove it too "

Rubbish I never cam full stop. Stay on site until I've decided to meet someone.

By *ed LipstickWoman  over a year ago

Fucksville

"I don't go on cam on here but always ask to Skype before I meet. Learned the hard way after driving 35 mins to see someone that was 20 yrs older than his prof pics x

Learnt the hard way too a freind of mine who was a swinger and i knew them from the outside world adviced it.

But anyway i tried to organise a meet with someone on here who refused to Skype any way meet organized they did a no show and blocked the profile and kik what a complete utter time waister. So for me its lesson learnt Skype or no social meet simple as."

there shud b aroom 4 skypers round em all up n ban the lot of them

By *tripper9Man  over a year ago

Blackburn

I feel more secure chatting or camming in a room, rather than logging out and going onto Skype, at least you can interact with a few people at once, surely better than Skype?

_tripper9

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

I agree, camming in the room is better than going on Skype.

Skype is a two way thing. Caming on here is a one way thing.

different things appeal to different people.

By *tripper9Man  over a year ago

Blackburn

Camming on Fab can also be two way, you can watch or be watched, PM each other, or chat in general population in a local or directing room.

I prefer to chat and cam on Fab rather than moving over to Skype.

But everyone has the right to choose whichever format suits them, the best!

_tripper9

"Camming on Fab can also be two way, you can watch or be watched, PM each other, or chat in general population in a local or directing room.

_tripper9

"

except caming on here is open to anyone to watch who logs on to the chat room. Skype is more private.

By *ral lover3Man  over a year ago

St Helens

I don't see what the problem asking to go on skype. Sometimes I can only use my mobile, in which case cannot cam on here but can on skype. Also skype is more private. On here u can send a private msg but not go private on cam

By *200daveMan  over a year ago

weymouth

"I don't see what the problem asking to go on skype. Sometimes I can only use my mobile, in which case cannot cam on here but can on skype. Also skype is more private. On here u can send a private msg but not go private on cam"

totaly agree if there was a cam to cam option on here where you could cam privately with someone there would be a lot less of people asking to go on skype

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Camming on Fab can also be two way, you can watch or be watched, PM each other, or chat in general population in a local or directing room.

_tripper9

except caming on here is open to anyone to watch who logs on to the chat room. Skype is more private. "

Yeah except, if like me, you often forget to close down your chat room cam once in Skype!

I'm a numpty.

By *rant4Man  over a year ago

South Wales & London

I use skype to show myself on webcam

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

I mormally want to see the person or couple before I meet; (especially the couples, as I need to see that the female actually exists, )

The cams on the site are poor quality, and you can't have a private chat: therefore it's Skype or FaceTime .

It's not for wanking, or cybersex, its fully clothed, it's for being able to have a proper conversation. It is, by and large, impossible to have a proper conversation with someone in the chatrooms.

It's to get you out the chat room so you are just concentrating on the asker

"I generally ask for someone to Skype just so I can see them. Pics can be deceiving and I don't want to turn up and meet someone who doesn't appear anything like the pictures they sent "

Then go for a social coffee. Problem averted. You see what you're getting in person with no obligations and all for the prove of a coffee. Or if you're lucky the lady may buy the coffee for you. Good luck

London and France

"I generally ask for someone to Skype just so I can see them. Pics can be deceiving and I don't want to turn up and meet someone who doesn't appear anything like the pictures they sent

Then go for a social coffee. Problem averted. You see what you're getting in person with no obligations and all for the prove of a coffee. Or if you're lucky the lady may buy the coffee for you. Good luck "

Not easy if you are arranging to meet and you live long distances; lots of people travel right across the country to meet; so nipping out for a coffee is not an option if it's a 6 hour round trip.

Many of us dont even live in UK, but regularly meet on our visits back, or meet with other members who don't live in UK ( I meet with people from other parts of France, in Rome, in Barcelona, etc

It's 900 Kms each way to London for me; so a Skype or FaceTime "social" is a great idea.

"I generally ask for someone to Skype just so I can see them. Pics can be deceiving and I don't want to turn up and meet someone who doesn't appear anything like the pictures they sent

Then go for a social coffee. Problem averted. You see what you're getting in person with no obligations and all for the prove of a coffee. Or if you're lucky the lady may buy the coffee for you. Good luck

Not easy if you are arranging to meet and you live long distances; lots of people travel right across the country to meet; so nipping out for a coffee is not an option if it's a 6 hour round trip.

Many of us dont even live in UK, but regularly meet on our visits back, or meet with other members who don't live in UK ( I meet with people from other parts of France, in Rome, in Barcelona, etc

It's 900 Kms each way to London for me; so a Skype or FaceTime "social" is a great idea.

"

LOL then stop complaining and meet people local to you. There's women everywhere even in whatever area you're in. You're finding problems when there needn't be any. Good luck!

Grantham

Guys asking for wank cams on Skype is quite different from using Skype for a pre-meet chat to make sure you both look like your pics and don't sound like Mickey Mouse

London and France

LOL then stop complaining and meet people local to you. There's women everywhere even in whatever area you're in. You're finding problems when there needn't be any. Good luck!"

I suggest you read before you shoot: I wasn't complaining .

I am very content ; and meet people all over the place, Of many nationalities, but also in the UK when I visit.

I was( if you bother to read what I wrote) explaining why I ( and many others) use Skype or FaceTime to talk with people, and why for many people " just going for a coffee " or a social is not an option.

If I am planning to meet someone in Berlin for instance , then it's worth discussing it with them before flying or driving there from where I live in France. And if you are speaking to someone in German or Italian , it's easier on a cam ( with a decent picture and sound than just on the phone or on the site cam rooms.

LOL then stop complaining and meet people local to you. There's women everywhere even in whatever area you're in. You're finding problems when there needn't be any. Good luck!

I am very content ; and meet people all over the place, Of many nationalities, but also in the UK when I visit.

I was( if you bother to read what I wrote) explaining why I ( and many others) use Skype or FaceTime to talk with people, and why for many people " just going for a coffee " or a social is not an option.

If I am planning to meet someone in Berlin for instance , then it's worth discussing it with them before flying or driving there from where I live in France. And if you are speaking to someone in German or Italian , it's easier on a cam ( with a decent picture and sound than just on the phone or on the site cam rooms."

Oh I read and I'm very content with what I wrote. I stand by it. You read what I wrote wrong. There's plenty of women near every man so need to travel miles for it. The fact you choose too and then whinge about anything concerning those long distance meets is ridiculous. Wind your neck in and stop having ago you rude man!!

London and France

If I am planning to meet someone in Berlin for instance , then it's worth discussing it with them before flying or driving there from where I live in France. And if you are speaking to someone in German or Italian , it's easier on a cam ( with a decent picture and sound than just on the phone or on the site cam rooms.

Oh I read and I'm very content with what I wrote. I stand by it. You read what I wrote wrong. There's plenty of women near every man so need to travel miles for it. The fact you choose too and then whinge about anything concerning those long distance meets is ridiculous. Wind your neck in and stop having ago you rude man!!"

1. I am not rude: you are

2. Try reading what is said: if you did, you could comment sensibly instead of ranting. I wasn't whinging about distance; Quite the opposite; I am quite content with it, and enjoy meeting people when I travel. ; I was explaining that many people don't choose to meet locally, or choose to meet people from a distance as well as locally, and therefore why they use Skype. There is a difference.

3. I think I have lived long enough to know that women live everywhere in the world.

4. I don't need you to give me instructions as to where I should chose to meet people , thank you.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Does anyone else get fed up of people asking to go on Skype constantly?..."

Yes. Pisses me off. If I'm in chat it's chat I'm using.

Oddly, it's always blokes asking

Yeah had it on a popular dating site sounds a bit dodgy to me

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

" Yes. Pisses me off. If I'm in chat it's chat I'm using.

Oddly, it's always blokes asking "

It's ALWAYS blokes asking, in my experience. And they are asking because a) they want a woman's undivided attention or b)to say something that isn't allowed in Fab's chat rooms. So it will always be a 'no' from me!

well i ask for skype sometimes and for none of the reasons stated here-when i am in chat room and click on my own cam the whole chat freezes and i cannot see any chat whatsoever.i have tried searching on here if anyone else has the same problem but it seems not-hence only cam fun i can have is on skype

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Been asked to Skype, by a random "couple" profile, said preferred chat room, got called a timewaster. Nice.

By *andemanMan  over a year ago

bedforshire

I never use Skype for play as one poter said it can be recorded. Next I would have to give out my private Skype address and that's too intrusive with someone I do not know. Finally you get loads of spam requests on Skype already from strangers this would just jam up your account with people asking to see my dick!

So skype for me is a no no!

By *200 swingersCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Maybe a good idea would be create a private video function in fab chat

Sometimes it's hot to have some private time as well as voyerism

We would love see fab get private video chat on site , also ability post videos on profile

"Does anyone else get fed up of people asking to go on Skype constantly?

Some rooms seem to be worse than others but I wonder of something could be added to the warning message about it and then the room mods could ban people if they continued to do it.

If they want to ask someone specifically then they could do it in a PM, it doesn't have to be in the main chat."

Id prefer to Skype personally , any woman up for it inbox me

By *igrab111Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Get asked all the time an its a deffo no no. Its not safe because can be recorded safer to cam on here "

You can get recorded on here to its pritty easy. I don't cam anyway just saying.

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

If they want to ask someone specifically then they could do it in a PM, it doesn't have to be in the main chat."

Definitely

If people don't like the way that people behave in the chat room then don't go there.

There are other chat rooms.

no different from people passing on other chat sites, it should be reported.

If you come here to chat, you stay here chatting, you don't draw people away to other places, it ruins the forum

Can't be arsed to reply to silly messages/question let alone go on skype...but yes very anoying constantly asking.

Can we dispel one myth please? ANYTHING that you see on your PC monitor can be saved by you for further viewing and/or distribution. To the great many they have no idea how and certainly "smart phones" curtail users ability to do anything other than simply open files.

But to those of us with decent desktops/laptops and some PC savviness ANYTHING is possible thanks to how computer software works . . and Adobe Flash, the system used by this and many other sites, is no longer the bullet-proof option thought. Flash is now easy to "hack" and Google/YouTube full of "how to do it" tutorials. Browsers and some web-sites now regard Flash as a security risk, using Flash means you've agreed to an "executable software" being used on your PC.

So, the same rule applies as that for pix on your profile, if security and discretion is VITAL to you then don't do it. Your chioce, your responsibility.

That the chat-rooms use Flash is also the main reasons for outage faults, Flash is rather invasive and can trip up when it conflicts with other software. If you get problems then try two things. Set Flash to the minimum so that's "small cams" and close other software running that needs to use your video engine.

Skype has spent a lot of dosh on their systems which run on the now current HTML5 protocol . . but you can still copy what you see.

Macromedia Flash was revolutionary many years ago and is by far the most popular video player on the web. But since Adobe bought the company they have done nothing with it . . time they did or phase it out.

Happy to answer questions except one . . NO, I will not tell you how to steal others pix/video!!!

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

"I mormally want to see the person or couple before I meet; (especially the couples, as I need to see that the female actually exists, )

The cams on the site are poor quality, and you can't have a private chat: therefore it's Skype or FaceTime .

It's not for wanking, or cybersex, its fully clothed, it's for being able to have a proper conversation. It is, by and large, impossible to have a proper conversation with someone in the chatrooms."

cams on here are good enough to see faces

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

"Can we dispel one myth please? ANYTHING that you see on your PC monitor can be saved by you for further viewing and/or distribution. To the great many they have no idea how and certainly "smart phones" curtail users ability to do anything other than simply open files.

But to those of us with decent desktops/laptops and some PC savviness ANYTHING is possible thanks to how computer software works . . and Adobe Flash, the system used by this and many other sites, is no longer the bullet-proof option thought. Flash is now easy to "hack" and Google/YouTube full of "how to do it" tutorials. Browsers and some web-sites now regard Flash as a security risk, using Flash means you've agreed to an "executable software" being used on your PC.

So, the same rule applies as that for pix on your profile, if security and discretion is VITAL to you then don't do it. Your chioce, your responsibility.

That the chat-rooms use Flash is also the main reasons for outage faults, Flash is rather invasive and can trip up when it conflicts with other software. If you get problems then try two things. Set Flash to the minimum so that's "small cams" and close other software running that needs to use your video engine.

Skype has spent a lot of dosh on their systems which run on the now current HTML5 protocol . . but you can still copy what you see.

Macromedia Flash was revolutionary many years ago and is by far the most popular video player on the web. But since Adobe bought the company they have done nothing with it . . time they did or phase it out.

Happy to answer questions except one . . NO, I will not tell you how to steal others pix/video!!! "

piss easy to steal and google tells you how

"Can we dispel one myth please? ANYTHING that you see on your PC monitor can be saved by you for further viewing and/or distribution. . . . . Happy to answer questions except one . . NO, I will not tell you how to steal others pix/video!!!

piss easy to steal and google tells you how"

Are you encouraging others to do so? Nice.

By *aeBabeWoman  over a year ago

London

I really dislike it. Especially when I'm already on cam in the directing room. Also people who try to persuade you to pm because they have "something important to tell you"

» Add a new message to this topic