FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Can't get cam to work in New Chat? Possible solution.

Can't get cam to work in New Chat? Possible solution.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heRainMan OP   Man  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

I'm not suggesting this will solve everybody's problems, but it worked for me!

The problem that I had seemed to occur shortly after a recent Flash update - may be linked, may be coincidence.

When I went into new chat I could see the "Click to Start Cam" and "Above not working? Click here" links, but neither of them were clickable. I found that, if I right clicked on where my cam should be shown, and chose "Global Settings ..." and then the "Cam and Mic" tab and click the "Camera and Microphone Settings by Site..." button, there is a list of web sites. I changed the setting for chat.fabswingers.com from "Ask me for permission" to "Allow" and when I restarted chat, my cam came on automatically. I can then hide the cam if I want to.

I've switched this backwards and forwards several times with the same results. I'm guessing that there's a bug in the interchange between the site and Flash Player as the small "Adobe Flash Player Settings" box with the Allow & Deny radio buttons is never displayed, although it is from userplane. Has the format for the API call changed recently? (Hope that sounded like I know what I'm talking about! )

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Warrington & Glasgow

Oh, please post back here, if this helps, so Admin can see how many people are affected by this.

By *ammi-tvMan  over a year ago

hartlepool

try to uninstall cam then reinstall cam look in task manager to se if monitor as is running then download flash again and make sure you hav the new drivers for cam also check hardware on computer look in device manager make sure your cam is installed and there are no problems which if there is will be marked with a x hope this helps

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

mine does not work ! i have downloaded "chrome", "fire fox" and even "safari" and still nothing it starts up but the just freezes on what ever the camera is pointing at ! yet it works fine on skype ect.. ?? anyone help ??

Warrington & Glasgow

"mine does not work ! i have downloaded "chrome", "fire fox" and even "safari" and still nothing it starts up but the just freezes on what ever the camera is pointing at ! yet it works fine on skype ect.. ?? anyone help ??"

Have you tried the following?

"Go back to flash 10 should work

Admin x

I've seen this suggested several times, but I can't see that any guides have been posted, can you provide a link to the instructions?

Is there a preferred "subversion" of 10? Is there a way to stop the "Out of date plugin" message that I get with 10.0.12.36?

Try version 11.1.102.63 and let us know how you get on (it's a prior version to the buggy one but later than 10.x)

Admin x"

So far so good!

cant get my cam to work in the chatrooms now either!! and i have both the one on my laptop and an aftermarket

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

one of the other threads has the link for the adobe that works

Warrington & Glasgow

"cant get my cam to work in the chatrooms now either!! and i have both the one on my laptop and an aftermarket"
Even after rolling back to 11.1.102.63?

tullamore

its still not working ????

tullamore

"cant get my cam to work in the chatrooms now either!! and i have both the one on my laptop and an aftermarket"

you could have a conflict between the 2 cams,,check which one is set to be the default one

i used to have no problem at all but recently I have found that the cam starts off OK but keeps just "going off " cant seem to do anything about it ?

tullamore

try the adobe link above should sort it for you

I found that a program i never use called cybercam stopped mine working - so i deleted the program

Warrington & Glasgow

"I found that a program i never use called cybercam stopped mine working - so i deleted the program"
The forum advice has always been to stop ALL other software, that has access to your cam, BEFORE entering chat.

tullamore

sorry for re starting the thread,,but here is a new possible solution,got it from an article

google chrome has a built in flash player,if you have other web browsers installed that need another version of flash player,then the two might be causing a conflict to each other,and causing each to crash,,

you can solve this by typing about:plugins into the chrome search bar and press enter,this shows a list of plug ins configured to to work on chrome,if under the flash section you have 2 or more files running at the same time,it will cause conflict,click the plus sign beside each flash player to see the details ,,search down along and find the chromes appdata folder,,thats the built in one for chrome,,the others will be in the windows folders,path name depends on which version of windows you have ,,you can now disable one of them,,recommende to disable the chrome/mozilla one,,as the one downloaded to windows can be used on all browsers,,

if after disabling the add on in chrome or mozilla,,just go back and turn the add on back on,

hope this helps a few people out

By *edmannsMan  over a year ago

worcester.

hey hunters that has worked for me thanks it took weeks to find a cure and i can now get cock back out lol

tullamore

lol,,good,glad it worked mate

» Add a new message to this topic