FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Progressive ban times??

Progressive ban times??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heRainMan OP   Man  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

What do people think about this idea?

I see the same people getting repeatedly banned for the same thing e.g. directing in non-directing rooms. How about increasing the ban time for each offence? Say the ban for directing was an hour (going from memory ) then if you repeat the offence (or any other?) within a given time period (day, week, ?) then the next ban is automatically for 2 hours, then 4, then 8, then 16, etc. It might make some of the repeat offenders think about it, before re-offending?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

"What do people think about this idea?

I see the same people getting repeatedly banned for the same thing e.g. directing in non-directing rooms. How about increasing the ban time for each offence? Say the ban for directing was an hour (going from memory ) then if you repeat the offence (or any other?) within a given time period (day, week, ?) then the next ban is automatically for 2 hours, then 4, then 8, then 16, etc. It might make some of the repeat offenders think about it, before re-offending?"

Lol. I was thinking along the same lines

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

Seems reasonable to me too

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I agree. Rule-breakers affect everyone's enjoyment of the chat room, and yet it seems evident that some people have no intention of complying with the rules (which are there to preserve everyone's enjoyment). Increasing bans for repeated rule-breaking might make these people realise that the Chat facility should not be abused.

totally agree

By *hite SnakeMan  over a year ago

leeds

I am still seeing people in multiple chatrooms (one last week was in four rooms at the same time). How about bannimg them for a week at a time that would stop the rooms being so overcrowded.

Warrington & Glasgow

If the persons are chatting in each room, then report them. However, I think that Admin have acknowledged that there is a bug where, sometimes, when you leave a room you're not removed from the list. It looks to others as if you are still there, as they can click your cam, if you have it on. I saw this the other night, when I saw a friend in General 1, I chatted and clicked on her cam, she didn't respond, but as I could see she was actively typing, I presumed she was in PM. I moved to a 2nd room and she was chatting in there. I mentioned that she was still logged into the previous room. She went back to and then exited the first room again, but was still stuck in there until she logged out from Fab completely.

i agree with rain ... x

I fully agree rain, it'd sure make chat a more peaceful place without all the idiots there

It might teach them to use the directing rooms if they wanna direct

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

Boldon

I totally agree - I have often been 'the victim' of repeat offenders - i don't block as I report - frequently! very good idea Bernie, Meg xxx

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

this is one of the best ideas to be suggested for a long time in here

some just seem to see it as a sport, and are not worried about an hrs ban as they are back soon after doing it again.

By *DSRMan  over a year ago

leicester

Booo... less rules, we live by to many rules already! it's meant to be fun on here (it's after working hours) less rules for all!

FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"What do people think about this idea?

I see the same people getting repeatedly banned for the same thing e.g. directing in non-directing rooms. How about increasing the ban time for each offence? Say the ban for directing was an hour (going from memory ) then if you repeat the offence (or any other?) within a given time period (day, week, ?) then the next ban is automatically for 2 hours, then 4, then 8, then 16, etc. It might make some of the repeat offenders think about it, before re-offending?"

There is a balance between bans that are too long and the offenders simply opening new accounts.

That said, we're currently trialling longer bans (2-days) for persistant directors. If this works we'll automate it.

Admin x

"Booo... less rules, we live by to many rules already! it's meant to be fun on here (it's after working hours) less rules for all!

FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!"

Less rules = a unhappy room and we dont want that do we? If people took 2 minutes to read the rules there whould be less banning

BOLDON COLLIERY

"Booo... less rules, we live by to many rules already! it's meant to be fun on here (it's after working hours) less rules for all!

FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!"

would like to bet you don't think rules apply to you and you don't worry if it spoils it for every one else

I think its a great idea however......the majority of guys do offend with the directing, cocks react before brains. So my thinking is this, if bans did go longer would this end up pushing a lot of people away from the site because they cannot activate the chat rooms. Am just sitting on the fence here, thinking how it could effect the site.

Warrington & Glasgow

"So my thinking is this, if bans did go longer would this end up pushing a lot of people away from the site because they cannot activate the chat rooms."
Excellent! Those are exactly the types we DON'T need!

BOLDON COLLIERY

"So my thinking is this, if bans did go longer would this end up pushing a lot of people away from the site because they cannot activate the chat rooms.Excellent! Those are exactly the types we DON'T need!"

dont know if its technically possible

but could the directors be just banned from the general rooms and sent to the directing rooms instead where they all ready think they are

warrington

"

dont know if its technically possible

but could the directors be just banned from the general rooms and sent to the directing rooms instead where they all ready think they are "

sounds a bloody good idea to me Jim xx

leicester

FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!

Less rules = a unhappy room and we dont want that do we? If people took 2 minutes to read the rules there whould be less banning "

less banning = very good... Some rules are always needed But i don't think more rules are needed, just the basic foundations... no abusive behavior etc, anything else??? All good, takes all types to make up a good time

leicester

FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!

would like to bet you don't think rules apply to you and you don't worry if it spoils it for every one else "

Nope, you guessed wrong! But i won't change my personality based on some people not liking me... I will however show them the respect they ask for! When i find someone who understands fun the way i do... We click and it gets very crazy! & yes rules don't tend to be the first concern while i'm enjoying myself. Soz, that's life, can't think of others all the time you'd never enjoy your enjoys would you? unless you just do what everyone else wants because you can't admit who you are to yourself? if that makes sense?

just my thoughts mate

peace though

warrington

"

Nope, you guessed wrong! But i won't change my personality based on some people not liking me... I will however show them the respect they ask for! When i find someone who understands fun the way i do... We click and it gets very crazy! & yes rules don't tend to be the first concern while i'm enjoying myself. Soz, that's life, can't think of others all the time you'd never enjoy your enjoys would you? unless you just do what everyone else wants because you can't admit who you are to yourself? if that makes sense?

just my thoughts mate

peace though"

So you think it's ok for some people to spoil the fun of others in order to have fun themselves???? There are 5 directing chat rooms where anyone can direct to their hearts content without the worry of a ban (as long as they are not abusive).

leicester

"

just my thoughts mate

peace though

So you think it's ok for some people to spoil the fun of others in order to have fun themselves???? There are 5 directing chat rooms where anyone can direct to their hearts content without the worry of a ban (as long as they are not abusive). "

No i think it's opk for me and someone that gets me to have fun while people that don't get involved in our convo do their own thing.. I measn, if i do something with someone willing to have fun with me doing it.. then why should you have the rights to stop us? you should do your own thing while we do ours! & if i ever offend anyone and they tell me, yes... i would make an appology as i do in real life to

What i mean is... It's only impacting on your fun if you let it, but if it's not directed at you then honestly, i'd appologize that you feel wrionged, but not for wha\t i might have done, since i obviously thought what i did was fine.

If it makes alot of people think it's wrong, well again i'd appologize... but should i let people that don't understand me bully me to be like them? no, and i won't be bullied either

I mean no disrespect

warrington

"

No i think it's opk for me and someone that gets me to have fun while people that don't get involved in our convo do their own thing.. I measn, if i do something with someone willing to have fun with me doing it.. then why should you have the rights to stop us? you should do your own thing while we do ours! & if i ever offend anyone and they tell me, yes... i would make an appology as i do in real life to

What i mean is... It's only impacting on your fun if you let it, but if it's not directed at you then honestly, i'd appologize that you feel wrionged, but not for wha\t i might have done, since i obviously thought what i did was fine.

If it makes alot of people think it's wrong, well again i'd appologize... but should i let people that don't understand me bully me to be like them? no, and i won't be bullied either

I mean no disrespect

"

It isn't a case of people trying to bully you. The OP's suggestion was to attempt to deal with what is becoming a real problem in the general chat rooms.

People go into the general chat rooms because they wish to chat/play on cam without being harrassed or directed.

Far be it from me (or anyone else to deprive you of having fun, however, I would suggest that, if you find someone who "gets you" and wants to have fun with you, you toddle off to one of the directing rooms because it won't matter to the chatroom moderators whether or not you're having fun or if the person you are having fun with is ok with you directing them. The rules of the site are that directing in a non-directing room is a bannable offence.

Maybe you don't see a need for the rules, but the majority of users in the general chat rooms welcome them....and yes...they do find it offensive when people try to direct in general chat.

leicester

"

I mean no disrespect

It isn't a case of people trying to bully you. The OP's suggestion was to attempt to deal with what is becoming a real problem in the general chat rooms.

People go into the general chat rooms because they wish to chat/play on cam without being harrassed or directed.

Far be it from me (or anyone else to deprive you of having fun, however, I would suggest that, if you find someone who "gets you" and wants to have fun with you, you toddle off to one of the directing rooms because it won't matter to the chatroom moderators whether or not you're having fun or if the person you are having fun with is ok with you directing them. The rules of the site are that directing in a non-directing room is a bannable offence.

Maybe you don't see a need for the rules, but the majority of users in the general chat rooms welcome them....and yes...they do find it offensive when people try to direct in general chat."

maybe i missunderstood the intent of the thread a little... & some rules are needed i always agreed with that

Anyway, i'm here for fun so i'm very glad this convo is over with

See you around

take care

be safe

have fun

xx

Warrington & Glasgow

"dont know if its technically possible but could the directors be just banned from the general rooms and sent to the directing rooms instead where they all ready think they are "
Jim, I think that's a great idea, but we had the situation, tonight, where Northern was full of directors, the Mods were smiting them as rapidly as possible, but 4 out of 5 Directing Romms were already full! You'd end up with a situation where they were queued for the directing rooms - As I suggested "Your directing is important to us, you are now 145th in the queue"

But applying a ban from the non-directing rooms MIGHT work better than banning from chat altogether!

how about a message to every one ( like we get when the site is down and me get good on our passes) telling them to use the directing rooms to direct. unless they cant read we shud have a easy life. i no a few cant read the chat rules but it might help and maybe a stronger ban .... like 24 hours .. hint hint lol

Some moderators in the chat rooms are too quick to ban for "offences" that aren't, I had a difference of opinion with a so called moderator and got banned for 4 hours! For no other reason than I disagreed with their point of view. Who moderates the moderators??

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Who moderates the moderators??"

We do. Feedback about the mods always welcome, via the CONTACT link bottom of any page.

For the most part we think the mods do a great job, but it's a thankless task and mistakes/mis-judgements do happen and we're commited to helping the mods learn from them.

Admin x

How does one apply to be a chat room moderator volunteer?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

From the same CONTACT button

i notice that this is predominantley northern chat people posting...and we all know what an issue it is in there. i wonder if it is such a problem in other rooms?? more on the topic...i think lengthier bans for repeat offenders is a smashing idea...and to the person who said that it will drive people away from the site....you've totally missed the point...but hey ho.

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

I tend to go in the directing room, and just do what I want. However,as for the abusive users, I have had quite a few. One was incredibly nasty recently and I had seen the user had been abusive to others previously. I reported after some careful consideration, and blocked, but guess what, they were not banned at all.

I think its all well and good mods booting people who direct in non directing rooms, but when a member complains about an abusive user and nothing is done, its a bit off.

Maybe its because it was a female who was abusive, maybe if it was an abusive male then something would have been done????

Always thought chat was meant to be fun, and as a swinging site people were more open minded (btw I wasnt doing anything that bad nor had spoken to this person for her to be horrible) what do I know

Forum Mod

O o O oo

If you report something Admin are the ones who deal with it....if Admin are not logged in at the time it gets dealt with when they do log in....so a person being reported and it is found to be true will get dealt with at a later date.

what if you cant contact admin ?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"what if you cant contact admin ?"

Everyone can contact Admin by the CONTACT button at the bottom of the page.

I think thats what I did. I reported the user for being abusive and went through everything that happened and the time it happened.

That was 2 weeks ago but theyre still being horrible etc. to others.

Seems one rule for one and another for others.

I understand females on cam are rare but everyone should be treated the same.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It is getting a bit tedious people complaining of one rule for one and one for another. Admin don't know any of you personally so why would they have favouritism?

If the person you reported is still breaking rules then unless you keep reporting then Admin can't do anything about it as they won't know it is going on.

Apologies for being tedious!

I meant one rule for females another for males, not individuals.

Also if someone is disrespectful or abusive then shouldnt it be an instant ban like those directing in a non directing room?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Apologies for being tedious!

I meant one rule for females another for males, not individuals.

Also if someone is disrespectful or abusive then shouldnt it be an instant ban like those directing in a non directing room?"

It should be for abuse if a mod is in the room to do it ( unless two people are rowing and the mod doesn't know who started what so just tries to calm the situation instead )

A mod using their judgment about reminders or bans is a good thing.

If there is no mod hit the REPORT button.

If however this is about a mod being impartial then the best bet is to contact Admin from the Contact button at the bottom of the page and let them know your feedback.

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

Rules are there and have to complied with. There are rules in driving and if you dont comply with them somoene is going to get hurt and same for chat rooms. If people dont like or beleive they should comply to them then they shouldnt go on the site or chat room. Wether you are enjoying it or not. Stick by the rules.

By *ayna-rWoman  over a year ago

South Shields

^^^^^^^^

yes idiots should get banned... but i think the site needs to update its rules... i got a ban for copy and paste same message... where in chat rules says that u cant... tried to take this up with admin and got an extra ban... how stupid... lol

true on ya first point ... nowt in the rules but ya second point is under rule 12

» Add a new message to this topic