FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Cam aspect ratio/quality

Cam aspect ratio/quality

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *CanDoThisAllDay OP   Couple  over a year ago

Telford

Something I’ve noticed for a long time now is that it doesn’t matter what your cam is, it will always use a 4:3 ratio image and set it to low quality. This is a bit pants

We have a 1080p encoded widescreen cam. The quality is fantastic - and cost a pretty penny when we bought it! But sadly it will never show the full image, or even show high quality, on the fab chat.

Note that it does work fine in other cam sites, and other apps, too.

Would be nice if we could select our upload bitrate at the very least

C x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *trapon1981TV/TS  over a year ago

Balloch / Dumbarton

Yeah I would agree with this.

I have a decent cam also but always looks like crap when on the chat room (and no it’s not just the subject matter thank you!)

By *adyinred696969Couple  over a year ago

Brecon

"Something I’ve noticed for a long time now is that it doesn’t matter what your cam is, it will always use a 4:3 ratio image and set it to low quality. This is a bit pants

We have a 1080p encoded widescreen cam. The quality is fantastic - and cost a pretty penny when we bought it! But sadly it will never show the full image, or even show high quality, on the fab chat.

C x"

Sorry, too techy for me, all I read was "blah blah camera blah cracking arse pic"

Once I clocked that I stopped reading lol

Telford

"Something I’ve noticed for a long time now is that it doesn’t matter what your cam is, it will always use a 4:3 ratio image and set it to low quality. This is a bit pants

C x

Sorry, too techy for me, all I read was "blah blah camera blah cracking arse pic"

Once I clocked that I stopped reading lol "

Ok remember how we used to have square TVs and now we have wide ones? Well, most modern web cams are wide and really high quality, but fab have the cams really low quality and square ( cutting off most of the picture).

C x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

C x

Once I clocked that I stopped reading lol

Ok remember how we used to have square TVs and now we have wide ones? Well, most modern web cams are wide and really high quality, but fab have the cams really low quality and square ( cutting off most of the picture).

C x"

well I for one would certainly love to see those gorgeous bumcheeks in glorious high-def widescreen

By *-CrassClownMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Not entirely sure how the site deals with video connections but, if the streams go through the site rather than a direct connection between users it may simply be a cost of bandwidth issue or compatibility with the sites coding having some cams 4:3 and others 16:9 etc and also 4:3 vids take up less screen real estate for those accessing the site on mobile phones. Just a few thoughts.

Telford

"Not entirely sure how the site deals with video connections but, if the streams go through the site rather than a direct connection between users it may simply be a cost of bandwidth issue or compatibility with the sites coding having some cams 4:3 and others 16:9 etc and also 4:3 vids take up less screen real estate for those accessing the site on mobile phones. Just a few thoughts."

Possibly, however the codec used for high quality webcams is quite optimised, plus free sites have higher quality cams. We pay. I wouldn’t be adverse with it being a pay = higher quality thing however. But it would be really odd to not do a peer to peer connection for this. Not sure on the specifics of how the sites done.

But the aspect ratio is an odd choice because 16:9 doesn’t take up an awful lot of screen estate, and I believe the mobile cam already is in 16:9, but forces it to zoom in for older cams? The desktop chat however isn’t. C x

» Add a new message to this topic