FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > room headers

room headers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ld skool swinger OP   Man  over a year ago

Abertillery

the wales room and others are titled wales room etc.. it may be a better option to have "wales room No Directing" other site i used a while ago had that there and the directing was much less . just an idea !

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

folk don't read the room rules that pass thru every 10 mins or so, I doubt they would pay attention to it saying no directing after the room name. Sorry

Abertillery

on another well known site they take heed just a thought anyway

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think you could put 'No Directing' on a flashing neon sign and still some folks would take no notice and continue to do it.

What is required is some tough, no nonsense moderation - eventually the message will get through to the habitual offenders

Abertillery

2nd the above comment

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

"I think you could put 'No Directing' on a flashing neon sign and still some folks would take no notice and continue to do it.

What is required is some tough, no nonsense moderation - eventually the message will get through to the habitual offenders"

I doubt it...maybe if subsequent bans got progressively longer...maybe doubled each time, I think that might have a more lasting effect.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I think you could put 'No Directing' on a flashing neon sign and still some folks would take no notice and continue to do it.

What is required is some tough, no nonsense moderation - eventually the message will get through to the habitual offenders

I doubt it...maybe if subsequent bans got progressively longer...maybe doubled each time, I think that might have a more lasting effect.

"

That is a good point. I'm not sure what the site's views are on progressive bans but it would be a good angle to look at it from. 1st ban = 1hr, 2nd ban = 4hrs, 3rd ban = 16hrs and any further incidents after that would result in a permanent ban from the site.

The problem with the permanent ban, and this was discussed at length when I was a chat mod, is the ability for banned members to rejoin the site at will. If this issue could be addressed then I think a lot of problems would be resolved.

The use of a credit or debit card to allow someone to join the site is one way of restricting the rejoining of banned members. No money need be taken as it is a free site, but credit/debit card details matched up to a user profile would severly hamper the efforts of banned users attempting to rejoin at the drop of a hat, wait the 7 days and have free access to chat. Lets be honest, the vast majority of people have a very limited number of cards to play with.

» Add a new message to this topic