FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Flash is obselete

Flash is obselete

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Given that Chrome browser is blocking Flash from 2020 and we are still looking at postage stamp size cams, even as a site supporter when is Fab going to update the technology for something befitting the 21st century?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Totally agree

By *oungAndFreeOnesCouple  over a year ago

Telford

It's actually not that easy to update without a fair amount of work.

It's mainly because browsers have separated in what they now use in place of flash so now there would need to be 2/3 different libraries to be encoded into the browser depending on which browser is being used.

(Explorer uses silverlight libraries)

Html5 is the core library that is being used across browser BUT html is not quite a finished library and was only introduced(widely) in early 2018.

I think that once flash is officially obsolete in 2020 then this site WILL change.

Hope that makes some sort of sense!

You can’t be in the game without the right kit.

You would think that all the money people are paying in . That they would provide a popular service

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"You would think that all the money people are paying in . That they would provide a popular service"

Don’t think you’re paying anything in are you ?

By *hyandtwistedCouple  over a year ago

loughborough

I believe that the webcams are html5 now and not flash and haven't been for a while, viewing is but not 100% on broadcasting

"I believe that the webcams are html5 now and not flash and haven't been for a while, viewing is but not 100% on broadcasting"

Not the case if you’re on IOS.

By *wollenphalusMan  over a year ago

Outside Cambridge (south of the city)

"Flash is not working/activated on your browser. You need flash to broadcast your own cam. You can still view cams, just tap/click the cam icon next to username." Using Windows.

This seems to be the case in private windows for MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox. So with Flash being withdrawn how will cams be broadcast such that there is actually something to see?

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We'll be replacing flash as the broadcast and view mechanism before it is withdrawn.

Admin x

Any ETA? I just paid for membership after being a free member for years, and flash got nuked shortly after. FireFox and Chrome, my first two browser choices by far, both won't work with this or SLS anymore.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Any ETA? I just paid for membership after being a free member for years, and flash got nuked shortly after. FireFox and Chrome, my first two browser choices by far, both won't work with this or SLS anymore."

Flash has not been nuked, only support is stopping in 2021. It will work on chrome its what i used at the weekend. You need to allow flash in your browser. There is a step by step on another thread

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

Thanks much, I must've not tried it on Chrome and thought that I did since I've been on Firefox for this site for so long, appreciate the poke I needed to try again, I'm back up and running

"Any ETA? I just paid for membership after being a free member for years, and flash got nuked shortly after. FireFox and Chrome, my first two browser choices by far, both won't work with this or SLS anymore.

Flash has not been nuked, only support is stopping in 2021. It will work on chrome its what i used at the weekend. You need to allow flash in your browser. There is a step by step on another thread"

By *rs dinglesCouple  over a year ago

lybster

Download puffin browser it works your cam on here when others dont

Hope this helps

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Download puffin browser it works your cam on here when others dont

Hope this helps "

I use Linux, not Windows and it doesn't exist for it. Neither will it when Flash becomes obselete.

Durham

Hope this helps

I use Linux, not Windows and it doesn't exist for it. Neither will it when Flash becomes obselete."

There are ways to install and run flash on linux. Have a google.

By *n With LifeCouple  over a year ago

Hadley Wood

"We'll be replacing flash as the broadcast and view mechanism before it is withdrawn.

Admin x"

About time!

Hope this helps "

Puffin is no more

Durham

Hope this helps

Puffin is no more "

It is working just fine for me. I think they were ending support for apple. But as far as i know it still works.

Durham

Yes just checked puffin is still available for Android iOS MacOS raspberry pi and Windows .

"Yes just checked puffin is still available for Android iOS MacOS raspberry pi and Windows ."

Not available on IOS on iPhone nor iPad which we have.

"Yes just checked puffin is still available for Android iOS MacOS raspberry pi and Windows .

Not available on IOS on iPhone nor iPad which we have. "

You are correct. Puffin had fallen out with Apple but the issue has been resolved. Apologies x

"Yes just checked puffin is still available for Android iOS MacOS raspberry pi and Windows .

Not available on IOS on iPhone nor iPad which we have.

You are correct. Puffin had fallen out with Apple but the issue has been resolved. Apologies x"

Only until October 1st when it shuts down IOS. Apparently they extended the transition period from July 1st.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

There's a pro version, which might be worth investigating, depending on the price:

"Puffin Browser Pro on iOS (with blue background) will continue at least until 12/31/2020. At that time, we will determine whether to extend another year"

By *inks_apeyCouple  over a year ago

Warwickshire

Changing browsers isn't the answer to this, flash is officially dead, 80+% of people use a chromium based browser, even Microsoft are replacing Edge with chromium based version.

Flash should be tipped out and replaced there's plenty of cross platform library's that replace it and are better to boot.

Just get it done, the whole chat system needs a redux, it's terrible at its most basic level.

But you pay nothing in. Too many like you

Warwickshire

"But you pay nothing in. Too many like you"

Not sure what you mean? Adobe has eol'd Flash nowt to pay? It's dead, simple as that, and what's more it's an absolute security nightmare

Warwickshire

I knew he would be all over this my hubby forever the geek kinks

By *omsubcouple76Couple  over a year ago

North Leeds

"We'll be replacing flash as the broadcast and view mechanism before it is withdrawn.

Admin x"

Will we be told when it is updated?

By *iverscuMan  over a year ago

Berkshire

Edge works for me but would be nice to use Chrome.

Looking forward to the update when fabs moves from flash.

Durham

"Edge works for me but would be nice to use Chrome.

Looking forward to the update when fabs moves from flash. "

Chrome still works for me but have to go into the settings as chrome blocks flash by default.

By *utsideLookingInMan  over a year ago

Southampton

Any update on this? Latest macOS only allows 64 bit apps so Mac users can no longer use Flash.

Cheers

Durham

"Any update on this? Latest macOS only allows 64 bit apps so Mac users can no longer use Flash.

Cheers"

There is A version of puffin for the macOS that emulates flash but its only free for a month.

Warwickshire

"Any update on this? Latest macOS only allows 64 bit apps so Mac users can no longer use Flash.

Cheers

There is A version of puffin for the macOS that emulates flash but its only free for a month."

Not really a solution, should have been stopped being used at least 6 months ago, no one else uses it for anything nowadays. The only things that even try use flash now are spam/ads, and even they have moved to modern technology's now!

By *utsideLookingInMan  over a year ago

Southampton

I’ve managed to get Flash working on Firefox now despite it being 32bit. Not going to think too much about why for now!

By *cobMan  over a year ago

here

"You would think that all the money people are paying in . That they would provide a popular service

Don’t think you’re paying anything in are you ? "

That actually made me chuckle

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I found flash works on edge x

Warwickshire

"I found flash works on edge x"

MS turn it off in December, so use while you can

By *aughty monkey31Man  over a year ago

Walsall

"I’ve managed to get Flash working on Firefox now despite it being 32bit. Not going to think too much about why for now!"

That's only way I could do it on my laptop, I don't use chrome anymore either as it is Google data mining software.

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

"Any ETA? I just paid for membership after being a free member for years, and flash got nuked shortly after. FireFox and Chrome, my first two browser choices by far, both won't work with this or SLS anymore.

Flash has not been nuked, only support is stopping in 2021. It will work on chrome its what i used at the weekend. You need to allow flash in your browser. There is a step by step on another thread"

It doesn't work on Chrome for us, we have to use internet explorer and it crashes constantly

By *thletic gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Funky

Puffin ceased from today. Unable to cam in chat, been a paid up member for well over a decade, not any more shame as love this site.

Durham

"Puffin ceased from today. Unable to cam in chat, been a paid up member for well over a decade, not any more shame as love this site. "

It is still working on android. There are other ways to emulate flash just have a google.

By *ny1localMan  over a year ago

READING

Any update about this from admin would be welcome.

Funky

"Puffin ceased from today. Unable to cam in chat, been a paid up member for well over a decade, not any more shame as love this site.

It is still working on android. There are other ways to emulate flash just have a google."

Hi

Sorry, I’m a bit of a tech dumbass, so I have an iPad with built in cam, what’s browser should I install so that my cam will publish?

I seem to remember you introduced me to the puffin browser at the start of the year, thank you btw, that worked great.

Cheers

Funky

Hi

Does anyone use the photon browser with an iPad?

A friend has recommended it to use in chat.

TIA

Fascinating intellectual accurate reading from everyone there especially as someone’s getting fisted in a public room as you debate the technical specification ha ha

By *amara_ThomasTV/TS  over a year ago

horsham

I'm really starting to struggle getting Flash to work now, the plugin is being repeatedly blocked even when I've allowed Flash and reloaded the page.

By *d4ugirlsMan  over a year ago

Green Cove Springs

""Flash is not working/activated on your browser. You need flash to broadcast your own cam. You can still view cams, just tap/click the cam icon next to username." Using Windows.

This seems to be the case in private windows for MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox. So with Flash being withdrawn how will cams be broadcast such that there is actually something to see?"

Guess that is why I dont have a camera to work when I go into the chat rooms.

Seems pretty complex all these systems, you all have fun, I can't be bothered.

I can get flash on Firefox so it's not a problem for me really but then I'm not a chat room regular

"I'm really starting to struggle getting Flash to work now, the plugin is being repeatedly blocked even when I've allowed Flash and reloaded the page. "

Use Firefox you have to allow the cam to work and the ones you view but it works for me.

Worth saying I have to click the above not working bit on my can to get it to work

By *ackietv1TV/TS  over a year ago

caerphilly

Wish Fab would give a date to replace flash. Edge changes to chrome this week and Flash will not work.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"Worth saying I have to click the above not working bit on my can to get it to work"

Likewise

» Add a new message to this topic