FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Contact Tracing app and clubs

Contact Tracing app and clubs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * and B OP   Couple  over a year ago

Durham

We know we are not allowed mobile phones in clubs for obvious reasons. When clubs eventually do open is contact tracing going to be the only way forward through an app? Therefor keeping your phone switched on and on your person is going to be very important as it most likely will be for everyday life. As none of us know exactly how this app is going to work in reality just thought we'd throw this out for discussion for all us club attendees

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tasiaCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

"We know we are not allowed mobile phones in clubs for obvious reasons. When clubs eventually do open is contact tracing going to be the only way forward through an app? Therefor keeping your phone switched on and on your person is going to be very important as it most likely will be for everyday life. As none of us know exactly how this app is going to work in reality just thought we'd throw this out for discussion for all us club attendees "

If here, all phones go into reception cloak area, so it would work as if you’d been close to others in a pub or shop, so can’t see any difference from everyday life in all honesty. Most clubs work on locker rooms etc for mobiles.

Durham

"We know we are not allowed mobile phones in clubs for obvious reasons. When clubs eventually do open is contact tracing going to be the only way forward through an app? Therefor keeping your phone switched on and on your person is going to be very important as it most likely will be for everyday life. As none of us know exactly how this app is going to work in reality just thought we'd throw this out for discussion for all us club attendees

If here, all phones go into reception cloak area, so it would work as if you’d been close to others in a pub or shop, so can’t see any difference from everyday life in all honesty. Most clubs work on locker rooms etc for mobiles. "

The problem being some don't take phones with them to clubs leaving them in their Hotel. Not really sure how its all going to work but watching the testing taking place by the military it does look like you have to be right next to the person (phone) as in couple of feet so phones in lockers might not be close enough. All will become apparent as we move forward. Our thinking is if this app proves to be invaluable swingers clubs could be putting another barrier into gaining the trust of their customers. Its all going to be a different world and everyone is going to have to adapt and change how we all go forward into a very different world

By *wickermanMan  over a year ago

Staines

Different versions of the story are around but it seems the app is only logging other phones with Bluetooth turned on hence the need for proximity. Therefore the use of these apps will be minimal.

Given some people's concerns over privacy and these apps I doubt they will achieve sufficient uptake to be useful.

Durham

"Different versions of the story are around but it seems the app is only logging other phones with Bluetooth turned on hence the need for proximity. Therefore the use of these apps will be minimal.

Given some people's concerns over privacy and these apps I doubt they will achieve sufficient uptake to be useful."

Our thinking of take up is the same, could be limited at first. As we said, if it turns out so useful the take up will very quickly change.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We know we are not allowed mobile phones in clubs for obvious reasons. When clubs eventually do open is contact tracing going to be the only way forward through an app? Therefor keeping your phone switched on and on your person is going to be very important as it most likely will be for everyday life. As none of us know exactly how this app is going to work in reality just thought we'd throw this out for discussion for all us club attendees

If here, all phones go into reception cloak area, so it would work as if you’d been close to others in a pub or shop, so can’t see any difference from everyday life in all honesty. Most clubs work on locker rooms etc for mobiles. "

Think it flags people within 2 metres of you, so that would show the whole of the club within 2 metres if they're all locked away together. May be wrong, just what I was told how it could work.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"We know we are not allowed mobile phones in clubs for obvious reasons. When clubs eventually do open is contact tracing going to be the only way forward through an app? Therefor keeping your phone switched on and on your person is going to be very important as it most likely will be for everyday life. As none of us know exactly how this app is going to work in reality just thought we'd throw this out for discussion for all us club attendees "

I "assume" they are going to ask you to "probably" leave your phone in reception... therefore if someone comes down with covid everyone will be notified to probably get tested bearing in that part of the process is anonymous anyway.....

i wonder also if clubs are going to have readers to check temps before they allow anyone in?

Durham

I "assume" they are going to ask you to "probably" leave your phone in reception... therefore if someone comes down with covid everyone will be notified to probably get tested bearing in that part of the process is anonymous anyway.....

i wonder also if clubs are going to have readers to check temps before they allow anyone in?"

New thinking for new times, we think, is going to be needed to keep people safe if clubs are to survive

i wonder also if clubs are going to have readers to check temps before they allow anyone in?"

I think it's safe to say that weather we like it or not clubs aren't going to be allowed to open until science finds a way to deal with the virus. The rhetoric coming from the government is pushing the "new normal" at every opportunity. It's game over for clubs for the time being.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"Hot wives" won't be admitted.

Do you think clubs will be allowed to open prior to a vaccine being widespread? In honesty that would seem to have zero chance, 100 odd people all snogging, fucking etc... nah. I think clubs, parties etc will be cracked down on very heavily x

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

i wonder also if clubs are going to have readers to check temps before they allow anyone in?

New thinking for new times, we think, is going to be needed to keep people safe if clubs are to survive "

I'd have no issue and if everyone has their phone in the locker it should work x

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

[Removed by poster at 27/04/20 22:07:51]

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Do we need to get a sense of proportion here?

Several times I've read that clubs won't be able to open until a vaccine for COVID-19 has been found. Well, we still don't have a vaccine for HIV/AIDS, and in the 35-40-odd years since that's been around, that's never stopped clubs from opening or people from going to them.

There are plenty of other virus's doing the rounds too, many are sexually transmitted, for which clubs are prime contenders for their distribution. Yes there are ways to prevent transmission, but let's not pretend everyone plays "safe" out there.

So apart from the fact that COVID-19 is "flavour of the month" right now, what else is there to suggest that when the "official" lockdown is over, people won't be out there "taking risks" again?

And do we go through all this again the next time a Chinaman eats something dodgy and kicks-off a COVID-20 pandemic?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Have no smart phone!

"Do we need to get a sense of proportion here?

Several times I've read that clubs won't be able to open until a vaccine for COVID-19 has been found. Well, we still don't have a vaccine for HIV/AIDS, and in the 35-40-odd years since that's been around, that's never stopped clubs from opening or people from going to them.

There are plenty of other virus's doing the rounds too, many are sexually transmitted, for which clubs are prime contenders for their distribution. Yes there are ways to prevent transmission, but let's not pretend everyone plays "safe" out there.

So apart from the fact that COVID-19 is "flavour of the month" right now, what else is there to suggest that when the "official" lockdown is over, people won't be out there "taking risks" again?

And do we go through all this again the next time a Chinaman eats something dodgy and kicks-off a COVID-20 pandemic?"

Hiv and c19 are completely different. You can't compare the two.

» Add a new message to this topic