FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Club owners

Club owners

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

One for you. Bearing in mind the official government line yesterday. If they said to you the clubs could re open in July. Would you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

It’s not going to happen, so it’s a little bit of a moot point.

You may as well ask if they’d rather fight 10 duck sized horses or one horse sized duck

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"It’s not going to happen, so it’s a little bit of a moot point.

You may as well ask if they’d rather fight 10 duck sized horses or one horse sized duck "

THIS. Sick of debating based on speculation. I'll wait for the facts and then decide/debate xx

You may as well ask if they’d rather fight 10 duck sized horses or one horse sized duck

THIS. Sick of debating based on speculation. I'll wait for the facts and then decide/debate xx"

Apologies, I've not been on fab for ages, and didn't know how many threads there were on this exact subject. Didn't mean to aggrivate anyone.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

THIS. Sick of debating based on speculation. I'll wait for the facts and then decide/debate xx

Apologies, I've not been on fab for ages, and didn't know how many threads there were on this exact subject. Didn't mean to aggrivate anyone. "

You're not the aggravation, Fab and it's experts are hahaha xx

Apologies, I've not been on fab for ages, and didn't know how many threads there were on this exact subject. Didn't mean to aggrivate anyone.

You're not the aggravation, Fab and it's experts are hahaha xx"

Just as long as I've not nissed you off. Only met you twice but you came across as a really nice person. Especially as you remembered me from a year ago. Meant a lot to me that did.

By *ymph and ManicCouple  over a year ago

North East

THIS. Sick of debating based on speculation. I'll wait for the facts and then decide/debate xx"

. ..........perfect answer.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agree totally.

We wonder sometimes if posting on certain subjects is a way of people attracting attention to themselves...

By *he Hussy and The VoyeurCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere Only We Know

Can club owners claim for the furloughed staff/venue

Public houses and other entertainment are recieving £25,000 to help with their financial loss.

That aside, would a Gofundme donation for clubs to recoup some losses, or maybe offer a 6 month/year membership fee to be paid forward now and roll the membership to 2021 be worth doing?

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Can club owners claim for the furloughed staff/venue

Public houses and other entertainment are recieving £25,000 to help with their financial loss.

That aside, would a Gofundme donation for clubs to recoup some losses, or maybe offer a 6 month/year membership fee to be paid forward now and roll the membership to 2021 be worth doing?"

It's £10k or £25k grant depending on business rates. Most smaller clubs are £10k. Furlough helps with staffing costs but apparently businesses will need to contribute more towards it from the summer. Most of us are sole traders and have recently had the 80% income support that was owed since March...so we've had no money since shutdown until last week.

I just don't think anyone realises how much money a club needs just to pay bills and licences. A go fund me is great but unless people have deep pockets it won't get us all through to next year, which is probably when we'll be closed until.

We all have our own plans and ways to get through until we can open. It's out of our hands for now and surviving on a personal level is our priority at the moment and then when we know more about future help and timescales, we can put some plans into place.

After some of the negativity on here lately, it makes me wonder why clubs are fighting to stay open to be honest! Good job I am passionate about the scene!! Lol

Xxx

By *he Hussy and The VoyeurCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere Only We Know

That aside, would a Gofundme donation for clubs to recoup some losses, or maybe offer a 6 month/year membership fee to be paid forward now and roll the membership to 2021 be worth doing?

It's £10k or £25k grant depending on business rates. Most smaller clubs are £10k. Furlough helps with staffing costs but apparently businesses will need to contribute more towards it from the summer. Most of us are sole traders and have recently had the 80% income support that was owed since March...so we've had no money since shutdown until last week.

I just don't think anyone realises how much money a club needs just to pay bills and licences. A go fund me is great but unless people have deep pockets it won't get us all through to next year, which is probably when we'll be closed until.

We all have our own plans and ways to get through until we can open. It's out of our hands for now and surviving on a personal level is our priority at the moment and then when we know more about future help and timescales, we can put some plans into place.

After some of the negativity on here lately, it makes me wonder why clubs are fighting to stay open to be honest! Good job I am passionate about the scene!! Lol

Xxx"

We are in a similar situation regarding work. We are classed as hospitality, but we do far more than that in the community and local area and a lot of people rely on what we do, yet it seems October may be the earliest we can resume our work.

I really hope clubs come out of this in a positive way. Councils and governments don't realise how important they can be to peoples lifestyles (although not essential) but definitely needed.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Xxx

We are in a similar situation regarding work. We are classed as hospitality, but we do far more than that in the community and local area and a lot of people rely on what we do, yet it seems October may be the earliest we can resume our work.

I really hope clubs come out of this in a positive way. Councils and governments don't realise how important they can be to peoples lifestyles (although not essential) but definitely needed.

"

You know, this is my biggest worry. We are a long established LGBT venue and there are people who attend who will not go anywhere else because they don't feel safe; clubs in town are just not their cup of tea. Our thousands of trans members have found a sanctuary with us, some only revealing their true selves when they walk through our doors. What happens to all these people if clubs don't get council support to open? Shy, young gay and lesbian members have found a safe haven and a group of friends at our venue; they feel safe a confident to explore their sexuality within our walls.

We are so much more than a swingers club and there are people who need us...not just want us. Hopefully, there will be a light at the end of tunnel and we can eventually provide that safe haven once again.

Xxx

You know, this is my biggest worry. We are a long established LGBT venue and there are people who attend who will not go anywhere else because they don't feel safe; clubs in town are just not their cup of tea. Our thousands of trans members have found a sanctuary with us, some only revealing their true selves when they walk through our doors. What happens to all these people if clubs don't get council support to open? Shy, young gay and lesbian members have found a safe haven and a group of friends at our venue; they feel safe a confident to explore their sexuality within our walls.

We are so much more than a swingers club and there are people who need us...not just want us. Hopefully, there will be a light at the end of tunnel and we can eventually provide that safe haven once again. "

Amen x

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

10 duck sized horses obviously

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Xxx

We are so much more than a swingers club and there are people who need us...not just want us. Hopefully, there will be a light at the end of tunnel and we can eventually provide that safe haven once again. "

We hear so many good things about you guys. Now we see why. We are miles away. But as soon as you open, we hope to visit you.

Glory holes with condoms anyone?

By *exyCouple999Couple  over a year ago

South Bucks

"10 duck sized horses obviously "

Seconded.

THIS. Sick of debating based on speculation. I'll wait for the facts and then decide/debate xx pmfsl

You're not the aggravation, Fab and it's experts are hahaha xx"

By *heaspieswingerMan  over a year ago

Peak District

You may as well ask if they’d rather fight 10 duck sized horses or one horse sized duck "

10 duck sized horses!

Can you imagine a duck the size of a horse?! It’d kick our asses!

By *onyMad123Couple  over a year ago

nottingham/ derby

"10 duck sized horses obviously "

Obviously never had to handle miniature horses then, give me a 600kg duck.........

Gloucester

"10 duck sized horses obviously

Obviously never had to handle miniature horses then, give me a 600kg duck......... "

Ahhh now we're getting into a different question said a horse size duck not a duck the weight of a horse, a lot of the ducks size is feathers as well as having hollow bones so I suspect a duck the weight of a horse would be considerably bigger that the normal sized horse. But I'd still rather take on the 20-30 cm high horses.

Obviously never had to handle miniature horses then, give me a 600kg duck.........

Ahhh now we're getting into a different question said a horse size duck not a duck the weight of a horse, a lot of the ducks size is feathers as well as having hollow bones so I suspect a duck the weight of a horse would be considerably bigger that the normal sized horse. But I'd still rather take on the 20-30 cm high horses."

This is getting quackers.....

By *atureMischiefCouple  over a year ago

Lutterworth

"THIS. Sick of debating based on speculation. I'll wait for the facts and then decide/debate xx"

With you on that, how many more times will this subject come up, the government will decide when and how .... until then it’s a dead subject surely.

Wirral

Ahhh now we're getting into a different question said a horse size duck not a duck the weight of a horse, a lot of the ducks size is feathers as well as having hollow bones so I suspect a duck the weight of a horse would be considerably bigger that the normal sized horse. But I'd still rather take on the 20-30 cm high horses."

I love the effort that’s gone into the answers here!!

I think I agree - 10 duck sized horses is always my answer

By *onyMad123Couple  over a year ago

nottingham/ derby

Miniature horses not Shetland ponies, well them too but the micro ones under 32inches are the devil, never mind tits n teeth, kicks n teeth, big horseys don't tend to get lil man syndrome, bite first ask questions later lol ??

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Horse sized duck .... Yum ...

[Removed by poster at 27/05/20 21:43:02]

Gloucester

"Miniature horses not Shetland ponies, well them too but the micro ones under 32inches are the devil, never mind tits n teeth, kicks n teeth, big horseys don't tend to get lil man syndrome, bite first ask questions later lol ?? "

Nope would still take the horses as I think they would be easier to deal with as they would still be roughly a third of the size of these 32 inch miniatures, and presuming the question means full regular size horses just shrunk to the size of a duck, so wouldn't have the miniatures inbred bad attitude.

By *oxypair2008Couple  over a year ago

near chester

A 16 hand high duck!!!!!! Imagine the size of the pancakes you’d need for that

By *ngel_screwballCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Pointless with all these threads speculating, I work for nhs, it will happen when it does and hopefully clubs can afford to open, let's all make sure we support them.

Wirral

"A 16 hand high duck!!!!!! Imagine the size of the pancakes you’d need for that "

Now you’re talking!! Nom nom

"A 16 hand high duck!!!!!! Imagine the size of the pancakes you’d need for that

Now you’re talking!! Nom nom "

Savoury or sweet pancakes?

» Add a new message to this topic