FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Quest reopening on Sunday 2nd August

Quest reopening on Sunday 2nd August

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Quest is finally reopening for members only.

Who's going

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wow wasnt expecting any clubs to be open for a while.

I am very tempted to come along.

"Wow wasnt expecting any clubs to be open for a while.

I am very tempted to come along. "

There's quite a few clubs opened already with social distancing in place. Playrooms etc are not open, social only and for members only

"Wow wasnt expecting any clubs to be open for a while.

I am very tempted to come along.

There's quite a few clubs opened already with social distancing in place. Playrooms etc are not open, social only and for members only "

So all the clubs that have opened and are opening, it's for socials.

I was thinking the whole club. Getting ahead of myself hahaha.

We love a social. Always nice to see our fab friends and have a laugh. Can't wait for Sunday . It's been a while

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Who is going on Sunday?

x

"Quest is finally reopening for members only.

Who's going "

I’m going can’t wait to see all our church friends again!! xxx

By *londie8399Couple  over a year ago

blackpool

We always wanted to try quest we will have to pay a visit

I am very tempted to go just nit sure going on my own is worth it

By *exy4youxxWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

Surprised this thread still here the amount disappearing x

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Imagine quest being like 2 miles south. It wouldn’t be able to open would it. Madness is this for our Kirklees friends.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

" Madness is this for our Kirklees friends. "

Empire Cinema Huddersfield for example.

Yorkshire

" Madness is this for our Kirklees friends.

Empire Cinema Huddersfield for example. "

Tbf if you can survive what’s prob growing in there you’re probably already immune to corona! Haha

By *hades Of GreyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Madness is this for our Kirklees friends.

Tbf if you can survive what’s prob going on in there, you’re probably already immune to corona! Haha

"

They should give out "I survived the Empire" badges.

Seriously, new local lockdowns bring into question the wisdom of re-opening clubs at this time. Clientele will converge from diverse areas and may bring the virus with them.

Leeds

"

Madness is this for our Kirklees friends.

Tbf if you can survive what’s prob going on in there, you’re probably already immune to corona! Haha

They should give out "I survived the Empire" badges.

Seriously, new local lockdowns bring into question the wisdom of re-opening clubs at this time. Clientele will converge from diverse areas and may bring the virus with them. "

I agree.....

By *uttyandbeeCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Just when new lockdown rules are implemented and a lot of Quests clientele are from the restricted areas.

You just cant risk it. Surely common sense will prevail

I worry it won't

By *oDaveQuestSwingCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Hi everyone

We are really sorry to have to tell you this, but we are having to cancel our event tomorrow, Sunday 2nd August in view of the fact the Government has placed Kirklees, Bradford and surrounding areas into lockdown. It has now become too high risk to run an event at this time. Again, we are extremely sorry to let you all down at this late stage, but everybody’s safety is much more important to us.

We will keep you all updated as to when we will be able to safely reopen.

Many thanks for all of your support

Jo, Dave and Quest team

"Hi everyone

We are really sorry to have to tell you this, but we are having to cancel our event tomorrow, Sunday 2nd August in view of the fact the Government has placed Kirklees, Bradford and surrounding areas into lockdown. It has now become too high risk to run an event at this time. Again, we are extremely sorry to let you all down at this late stage, but everybody’s safety is much more important to us.

We will keep you all updated as to when we will be able to safely reopen.

Many thanks for all of your support

Jo, Dave and Quest team"

We live in Kirklees and just to confirm we are not in any lockdown. All that has changed is we are not able to visit other people’s households or go to what’s listed on the governments website and mix. We can go anywhere in the country and be outside and social distance. It’s very different to Leicester who were put back in to lockdown. I think people are getting a bit confused. The news outlets aren’t helping.

Leeds

I think Jo and Dave at Quest had a difficult decision to make and they have put safety at the forefront of their decision and should be praised for being responsible club owners.

Yorkshire

"I think Jo and Dave at Quest had a difficult decision to make and they have put safety at the forefront of their decision and should be praised for being responsible club owners. "

I hope nobody says anything to the contrary! Xx

"I think Jo and Dave at Quest had a difficult decision to make and they have put safety at the forefront of their decision and should be praised for being responsible club owners. "

Here here

It's disappointing but of course safety is key.

Leeds

"

I think Jo and Dave at Quest had a difficult decision to make and they have put safety at the forefront of their decision and should be praised for being responsible club owners.

"

Wholly in agreement.

Leeds

Best decision

I think personally all clubs should follow the same rule.

Yes it is a shame that quest had to cancel the Sunday reopen but then if any one had gone and it came bk positive for covid imagen how bad everyone wood feel have known Jo and dave many years and are the best club hosts they have an amazing place sending love, to them both

By *randMrsNaughtyCouple  over a year ago

doncaster

So gutted its not going ahead tomorrow. Was really looking forward to seeing you all after such a long lomg time away.

Totally umderstand Jo and Daves decision to stay closed. Rightly so.

But damn we miss quest nights.

See you lovely naughty folks soon though hopefully xxx

By *d4fun73Man  over a year ago

Shipley

Yes it is shame but totally understand the situation. What I don't get though is why quest is closed but pandoras is open? Both are in the same city and should surely have the same rules?

Yorkshire

"Yes it is shame but totally understand the situation. What I don't get though is why quest is closed but pandoras is open? Both are in the same city and should surely have the same rules? "

I suppose Pandora’s does have the novelty of more space and the car park but I do see your point x

Leeds

"Yes it is shame but totally understand the situation. What I don't get though is why quest is closed but pandoras is open? Both are in the same city and should surely have the same rules?

I suppose Pandora’s does have the novelty of more space and the car park but I do see your point x"

You are right and it’s not rocket science to work it out. Compare both clubs, Quest is a lot smaller, Pandora’s is bigger. Both clubs have obviously communicated with the local authority and taken advice on opening, hence it will not work for Quest. It’s not difficult to work it out, however some people on this thread are moaning about Pandora’s which is not what the thread is about, it’s about Quest not opening due to safety guidelines.

Leeds

But the council said that Quest could open on Sunday. It was the owners themselves who took the decision not to open rather than the council banning it.

By *d4fun73Man  over a year ago

Shipley

"But the council said that Quest could open on Sunday. It was the owners themselves who took the decision not to open rather than the council banning it. "

Exactly a difference in management approach..

Yorkshire

"But the council said that Quest could open on Sunday. It was the owners themselves who took the decision not to open rather than the council banning it. "

And if that’s how they feel then we can only respect their decision. Tbh I don’t think anyone on this thread has anything negative to say about quests decision, I’m not a Pandora fan but that’s just because of something personal that happened there and has put a sour note on it but I feel aswell as being club owners Jo and Dave are genuine friends with a lot of their customers and are wonderfully approachable.

There’s no need to keep comparing the two like it’s a battle. People generally know where their loyalties lie and everyone is entitled to that. I don’t see why these the whole ‘they did, they didn’t’ thing always having to go on xx

Leeds

It’s because obviously Quest is rather small and they feel it could be a safety issue if they open. Safety is first and foremost so I admire the owners for making that decision. Personally I’m not going to any clubs until I can make full use of the facilities which I don’t think will be this year.

By *hemanfromLeedsMan  over a year ago

Kirkstall in Leeds

If pandoras was the size of Quests it would not be open, whereas if Quests was the size of pandoras it would open. Pandoras has the space for social distancing.

Size matters

By *r-BA.Man  over a year ago

South Yorks.

Gutted that they won’t, be I totally understand the decision! Thanks everyone.

Leeds

"

If pandoras was the size of Quests it would not be open, whereas if Quests was the size of pandoras it would open. Pandoras has the space for social distancing.

Size matters

"

Size is directly proportional to how many clients are in attendance. Quest, which by the way is about the same size as most other clubs in the country, could have opened but with fewer customers than Pandora, which is cavenous.

Kirkstall in Leeds

You are 70 years old please learn to spell it is cavernous

And stop slaging pandoras off on every post

Leeds

"

You are 70 years old please learn to spell it is cavernous

And stop slaging pandoras off on every post

"

Oh dear, the Pandora Police are at it again, and being personal. I actually like Pandora, and can't wait for lock-down to be lifted so it can open properly.

As for spelling, it's 'slagging' and 'Pandora', also your profile is peppered with Grammar mistakes. So put your own house in order before you slag others off!

By *entlecaressMan  over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

Totally understand thier decision and protecting your clients has to be a number one priority, safety over income gets my vote.

Hopefully I will see you all at some point again.

By *raig0238Man  over a year ago

leeds

You say your a fan of pandora, yet you spend 24 hours staring at your phone screen loaded up to fab swingers, and as soon as the place is mentioned, you jump in with smart comments.

Everyone has noticed it, same with empire cinema. You also feel the need to comment on steam sauna in here too, which no one understands as it is a gay only sauna and nothing to do with the swinging community.

It’s simple, if you like a place, then support it, if you don’t like it, don’t attend again.

The pandora police won’t have to make comments if you just stopped banging on and on like a broken record.

It’s boring!!!

By *edlipsbootsWoman  over a year ago

leeds

"You say your a fan of pandora, yet you spend 24 hours staring at your phone screen loaded up to fab swingers, and as soon as the place is mentioned, you jump in with smart comments.

Everyone has noticed it, same with empire cinema. You also feel the need to comment on steam sauna in here too, which no one understands as it is a gay only sauna and nothing to do with the swinging community.

It’s simple, if you like a place, then support it, if you don’t like it, don’t attend again.

The pandora police won’t have to make comments if you just stopped banging on and on like a broken record.

It’s boring!!! "

Indeed ! ... the black book is open .. getting ridiculous now tbh

Leeds

"

You say your a fan of pandora, yet you spend 24 hours staring at your phone screen loaded up to fab swingers, and as soon as the place is mentioned, you jump in with smart comments.

It’s boring!!!

"

Wow the Pandora Police really are out in force today. The ex Pandora management is now having a go at me. What part of "I actually like Pandora and Steam" don't you understand? Also, get your facts right, Steam is not a gay only venue it openly invites Bi-curious and Bisexual men.

It would be interesting if you could quote an actual criticism I have made of either Pandora or Steam rather than broad statements of fact.

You'd be better off spending your time promoting the venue instead of jumping on your valued customers for being interested in what goes on.

leeds

If that’s aimed at me, I have never been pandora management!

And it’s the constant need of yours to give an opinion on the place, or bring the place up comparing it to other venues!

We know your opinions, stop going on and on about them.

And I’ll again point out, yes steam welcomes bi men, but it is not a swingers venue, therefore, should not be discussed in a forum called “swingers club discussion”

Leeds

"

If that’s aimed at me, I have never been pandora management!

And it’s the constant need of yours to give an opinion on the place, or bring the place up comparing it to other venues!

We know your opinions, stop going on and on about them.

And I’ll again point out, yes steam welcomes bi men, but it is not a swingers venue, therefore, should not be discussed in a forum called “swingers club discussion”

"

Apologies, you spent so much time behind the bar I thought you were management.

If anyone has a need, it's your need to slag me off for having an opinion, for which I do not apologise. And your constant rebuffs are only continuing to bring attention to them.

Actually you were the first one to mention Steam on this string, not me. Also, I think it's the place of Fab moderators to decide what and what can't be discussed on the Forum.

Kirkstall in Leeds

I am sure I will find your negative comments about pandoras. As a member of the pandora police I will investigate. ??

Here is one on this page you have made against the Empire.

They should give out "I survived the Empire" badges ??

All the posts I have made, I have never once said anything bad or demeaning towards Quests or any other club and I will not.

When new customers are shown around they are told there are two clubs in Leeds and are advised to try both and decide for themselves.

As a club the staff are very professional. I have never heard any members of staff say anything bad against Quests.

Please lets give this a rest

Leeds

"

I am sure I will find your negative comments about pandoras. As a member of the pandora police I will investigate. ??

Here is one on this page you have made against the Empire.

They should give out "I survived the Empire" badges ??

All the posts I have made, I have never once said anything bad or demeaning towards Quests or any other club and I will not.

When new customers are shown around they are told there are two clubs in Leeds and are advised to try both and decide for themselves.

As a club the staff are very professional. I have never heard any members of staff say anything bad against Quests.

Please lets give this a rest

"

"I survived the Empire badges" is clearly a joke not a negative comment, so as well as being part of the self appointed Pandora Police team, I guess you have no sense of humour?

leeds

“Beware, above is the theory. The actuality is that social distancing is not adhered to (the corridors are not even 1.5 metres wide) and 'bubbles' do not exist. Individuals are cruising and indulging in casual close contact interaction. If this behaviour leads to any covid infection the premises will be identified via track and trace and closed down. Be careful! “

Was that a joke as well? Cause it looks pretty negative to me!!!

Here is an idea, if your not happy with what is going on and don’t feel it is right for you, simply don’t go, it takes less effort than coming in here and talking trash!

Still gonna claim that you are never negative???

Kirkstall in Leeds

It is also a very unfunny joke. All members of the snowflake brigade alway say "its a joke" not when it affects the livelyhood and the business someone has worked hard to build up.

By *irty filthy milfWoman  over a year ago

somewhere only i know!

Good god this is getting worse than a badly written soap opera! Or kids squabbling in the playground, guys why can’t you just be mature grow a set and agree that you have a difference of option as it actually takes a better person to walk away?

Leeds

"

“Beware, above is the theory. The actuality is that social distancing is not adhered to (the corridors are not even 1.5 metres wide) and 'bubbles' do not exist. Individuals are cruising and indulging in casual close contact interaction. If this behaviour leads to any covid infection the premises will be identified via track and trace and closed down. Be careful! “

Was that a joke as well? Cause it looks pretty negative to me!!!

Here is an idea, if your not happy with what is going on and don’t feel it is right for you, simply don’t go, it takes less effort than coming in here and talking trash!

Still gonna claim that you are never negative???

"

Here's another idea. If the authorities were to go into The Empire during business and saw what was actually going on, they would instantly close it down and the proprietors probably fined.

My comments in that instance were certainly not a joke, and not an opinion, they were not negative, they were fact.

Your continuous attempts to get the upper hand continue to disseminate past forum posts and are not doing either Pandora, or The Empire any favours.

Leeds

"

It is also a very unfunny joke. All members of the snowflake brigade alway say "its a joke" not when it affects the livelyhood and the business someone has worked hard to build up.

"

I don't even know what that means!