FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Club websites opening information

Club websites opening information

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hades Of Grey OP   Man  over a year ago

Leeds

All clubs have their own websites containing all the information you need. Just Google the name.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

That`s all very well if you actually know the name of the club! Until the club list is re-instated, you will always get questions asking about club status.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And I know some clubs haven't bothered updating their websites, so not the best source of information!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"That`s all very well if you actually know the name of the club! Until the club list is re-instated, you will always get questions asking about club status."

That is two different things, not knowing which clubs are out there is different to wanting to know whether the club you normally go to is open or not.

Obviously both questions are fine in this section from users

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

Would be useful as well to allow the clubs section to reopen so people can write reviews of attending clubs with the new restrictions

It would help others to make decisions themselves

By *illow-TalkMan  over a year ago

Shipston-on-Stour

[Removed by poster at 31/07/20 09:49:52]

By *illow-TalkMan  over a year ago

Shipston-on-Stour

"Would be useful as well to allow the clubs section to reopen so people can write reviews of attending clubs with the new restrictions

It would help others to make decisions themselves "

It seems everyone thinks the same except for the sites admin

Leeds

"

And I know some clubs haven't bothered updating their websites, so not the best source of information!

"

If a club's website is not updated, where exactly would you get information from?

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"

If a club's website is not updated, where exactly would you get information from? "

The Fab Club Events forum, or the Club Reviews would be the ideal place, except they’re both still closed. And clubs can’t promote in this forum.

So people are going to keep asking the same questions - inevitable I’m afraid!

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"That is two different things, not knowing which clubs are out there is different to wanting to know whether the club you normally go to is open or not.

"

What's wrong with using Google? (other search engines are available) Enter "swingers club West Bromwich" and bingo...up pops Xtasia. I'm sure that Google will find you the nearest club(s) if you searched for other areas too.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"That is two different things, not knowing which clubs are out there is different to wanting to know whether the club you normally go to is open or not.

What's wrong with using Google? (other search engines are available) Enter "swingers club West Bromwich" and bingo...up pops Xtasia. I'm sure that Google will find you the nearest club(s) if you searched for other areas too."

Google is not infallable I`m afraid!

Clubs and members of this forum alike have been asking for the Club listings to be re instated for weeks! It`s long overdue time for Admin to allow us to have a one-stop club information point.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

What's wrong with using Google? (other search engines are available) Enter "swingers club West Bromwich" and bingo...up pops Xtasia. I'm sure that Google will find you the nearest club(s) if you searched for other areas too."

I wasn't looking for clubs, just answering the post that I quoted

For me personally if I wanted to find a club that wasn't listed on here at the moment then I would google yes. I would hope they would have updated information on their website for me to check out

birmingham

"... if I wanted to find a club that wasn't listed on here at the moment then I would google yes. I would hope they would have updated information on their website for me to check out "

Two things here, firstly, if a club has abandoned it's websites then thats a good indication that they've abandoned any hope of re opening. Why wouldn't they want to communicate optimistic news to their members?

Secondly, it's not just now that people start threads off asking the most obvious of things about clubs, that at another time they could glean off the clubs listing or by Googling the clubs web site directly (e.g. opening nights etc) Makes me wonder why they do it. Laziness or attention seeking?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I have no clue what you are going on about, sorry

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"I have no clue what you are going on about, sorry"

I think he means that some club website are out of date and not maintained in general, not just during Covid? Maybe? lol

Leeds

"

I have no clue what you are going on about, sorry

I think he means that some club website are out of date and not maintained in general, not just during Covid? Maybe? lol

"

A lot of club websites look as though they are produced by amateurs, if this is the case, or they have to rely on other people to do it, they may find it difficult to constantly update them. Surprising when having a currently updated website is vital these days.

birmingham

"I think he means that some club website are out of date and not maintained in general, not just during Covid? Maybe? lol "

A web site is a barometer of the state of a club, isn't it? It's the first thing that most people see about a club and where first impressions are obtained.

At a time like this, where clubs are in lockdown, and cutomers are wondering if or when they will ever see the insides of their fabourite club again, isn't it important that lines of communication are kept open so that people can see that there is still life in that club, and it'll be opening again as soon as they can? The least that can be done is to have some kind of "latest news" feature on the web site, or some news about what's going on behind the scenes whilst the doors are closed, and something about what to expect and when.

On the flip side, the first sign that a club has folded or is folding will be that the place falls into decay, including the web site. If the web site hasn't been updated since last March, then that looks pretty much like the owners have cut their losses and quit the business. At least that's the impression I'd get from it.

By *rcadian110Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

"I think he means that some club website are out of date and not maintained in general, not just during Covid? Maybe? lol

A web site is a barometer of the state of a club, isn't it? It's the first thing that most people see about a club and where first impressions are obtained.

At a time like this, where clubs are in lockdown, and cutomers are wondering if or when they will ever see the insides of their fabourite club again, isn't it important that lines of communication are kept open so that people can see that there is still life in that club, and it'll be opening again as soon as they can? The least that can be done is to have some kind of "latest news" feature on the web site, or some news about what's going on behind the scenes whilst the doors are closed, and something about what to expect and when.

On the flip side, the first sign that a club has folded or is folding will be that the place falls into decay, including the web site. If the web site hasn't been updated since last March, then that looks pretty much like the owners have cut their losses and quit the business. At least that's the impression I'd get from it."

Do you ever consider that some smaller clubs might not have the income at the min to maintain a professional website? Or that small club owners may have to do other work to be able to continue to eat. Not everything is as black and white as you seem to think. The guys from townhouse have been fantastic with practical advice and information through all this madness and are an example but some other places have struggled through it. It's taken a personal toll on quite a few but that's not saying the will give up. Sometimes family comes before a club or the pleasure of others. Saying that because a clubs website hasn't been updated that they are struggling is a very narrow view.

"I think he means that some club website are out of date and not maintained in general, not just during Covid? Maybe? lol

On the flip side, the first sign that a club has folded or is folding will be that the place falls into decay, including the web site. If the web site hasn't been updated since last March, then that looks pretty much like the owners have cut their losses and quit the business. At least that's the impression I'd get from it.

Do you ever consider that some smaller clubs might not have the income at the min to maintain a professional website? Or that small club owners may have to do other work to be able to continue to eat. Not everything is as black and white as you seem to think. The guys from townhouse have been fantastic with practical advice and information through all this madness and are an example but some other places have struggled through it. It's taken a personal toll on quite a few but that's not saying the will give up. Sometimes family comes before a club or the pleasure of others. Saying that because a clubs website hasn't been updated that they are struggling is a very narrow view. "

It's not a narrow view at all. Running a business takes time and effort and a large part of that is keeping your customers informed. You are right to say that sometimes family comes first BUT if you are taking a step back for any reason then letting your customers know is the first thing you do. Customer service comes in all shapes and forms information being one of them.

By *rcadian110Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

Do you ever consider that some smaller clubs might not have the income at the min to maintain a professional website? Or that small club owners may have to do other work to be able to continue to eat. Not everything is as black and white as you seem to think. The guys from townhouse have been fantastic with practical advice and information through all this madness and are an example but some other places have struggled through it. It's taken a personal toll on quite a few but that's not saying the will give up. Sometimes family comes before a club or the pleasure of others. Saying that because a clubs website hasn't been updated that they are struggling is a very narrow view.

It's not a narrow view at all. Running a business takes time and effort and a large part of that is keeping your customers informed. You are right to say that sometimes family comes first BUT if you are taking a step back for any reason then letting your customers know is the first thing you do. Customer service comes in all shapes and forms information being one of them. "

The flaw there is most of the don't know any information to pass on. Until they have clear guidelines they don't know when the can open or in what capacity. I have good friends who own a club and they are up in the air. The grant given out at the begining of this is almost gone and they do t know when they can open in a way that financially makes sense while keeping people safe.

Leeds

"

A lot of club websites look as though they are produced by amateurs, if this is the case, or they have to rely on other people to do it, they may find it difficult to constantly update them. Surprising when having a currently updated website is vital these days.

"

These days a businesses website is generally the prime means of contact to it's customers. Once built, websites, amateur or professional, are simple and quick to update and It only takes a few minutes to change content.

our website is up to date, bookings being taken and parties listed, also on Twitter IG as well as few other platforms.

By *hristine - PierreCouple  over a year ago

Eindhoven NL

"And I know some clubs haven't bothered updating their websites, so not the best source of information!"

If they can’t be bothered to update their website if there is a change of status, probably won’t attract many people. (Can understand some club not updating “closed at least until July” if they got no new information)

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I have no clue what you are going on about, sorry

I think he means that some club website are out of date and not maintained in general, not just during Covid? Maybe? lol "

Ah.

Seems an odd thing to do , it would be pointless having one if it wasn't updated

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"I have no clue what you are going on about, sorry

Ah.

Seems an odd thing to do , it would be pointless having one if it wasn't updated"

You would be surprised!!!! lol

» Add a new message to this topic