FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > membership charges for clubs....

membership charges for clubs....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I originally put up this topic in another place, but since we now have a new and better place to put it I thought I would try it again...

it is always an interesting topic....

the one thing that puts me off visiting more clubs is that especially if i am travelling, you have to pay both membership and entry upon 1st entry....

absolutely fine if you are going to a club lets say 3-4 times a year..... not so good if you go once in a blue moon, or are going for a special occasion, where you are not likely to use it again.. or if you do then you have to go thru the whole thing again because you haven't been there for so long...

I know chams for example will do a waiver for special occasions (pussy posse ect)... do other clubs do this?

sometimes I feel that people would love to try clubs... but the costs of going 1st time when you may find its not for you can be expensive....

I would love it if the 1st time you went the membership charges would be waived... and then membership would commence upon the 2nd time someone was to go......

not knocking clubs at all... just more of a suggestion that would likely get more people trying them, it does feel like clubs are missing a trick here...

and discuss...

p.s Please please please don't turn it into a discussion about single guys and pricing, different discussion and different topic!!

what I would like for this would be to get some feedback from both people and clubs as to whether it would work getting more people thru doors... and if they had thought about it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I reckon if they charged more a non-member then it would suffice. Just enough to encourage uptake of membership but not that much that it would put off genuine guys. Got to be a happy medium.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Going to add it should be the same for couples too! Must be very frustrating for all to be staying in an area on a one-off basis and being near a club but being put off going because of having to fork out a huge membership charge for one visit!

By *weetcorruptionCouple  over a year ago

At home

Maybe another option could be where a member could take a guest along for the night? This would have a similar effect and allow new visitors to sample the club without paying membership? Then if they were to visit again they pay the fees.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

As I am a single woman I tend not to be charged membership fees, but if I go as a couple to a club I've noticed some fees are pretty high. LaChambre charges £25 to join then £25 to get in - pretty steep if you never want to go back!

But there are clubs out there that don't charge membership. Isis, Partners and Youtopia are pay as you go.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

One way round the single guy tax would be to simply have a limit on the number of single guys allowed in.

I imagine that even with single guy tax, that they outnumber everyone else. Is that true?

By *ownhousecouple1Couple  over a year ago

Derry L/Derry

Spare a thought for people in Ireland. We have to pay for flights, taxis, hotels, car rentals and then our admission. But it's worth it!

"Spare a thought for people in Ireland. We have to pay for flights, taxis, hotels, car rentals and then our admission. But it's worth it! "
do you not have clubs in Ireland??!!

Newcastle and Gateshead

again...can i reiterate it not the single guy issue on pricing I am talking about...

it is the charges for EVERYONE where you have to pay admission and entry on 1st visit which I think in effect could deter people who are sitting on the fence from trying clubs.....

sort of a "try before you fully commit" scheme....

I think people would then be happy to pay for a membership if people knew a club was good for them, but it is a case of getting people to try which is the trick I think clubs may possibly be missing a little...

By *ownhousecouple1Couple  over a year ago

Derry L/Derry

No clubs in Ireland. It's very sad!

i totaly agree i travel loads and would love to join but does cost to much well said bud

Our first visit to a club was liberty elite, we paid our entrance fee for the evening and then at the end of the night were given a choice of taking out membership of which the entrance fee for the night was deducted, very fair way of doing it if they insist on members only,

We also go to New paradise where no membership fee is charged, even better way of doing it

By *uckknowsMan  over a year ago

here

I travel the uk and Europe and have payed extortionist prices and entrance fees and never been to that part of the world again it would be nice if there was a option of becoming a member or just have a one off payment instead of both

Im curious what clubs do the ' pay as you go' option

I wouldn't want to join one because I have no idea if I would want to go back but I would like try a decent one to see

Does that make sense

By *tensonSwingersCouple  over a year ago

Stenson Fields

"I reckon if they charged more a non-member then it would suffice. Just enough to encourage uptake of membership but not that much that it would put off genuine guys. Got to be a happy medium. "

Doris Stokes was a happy medium

I am in the process of opening a club.I seek a Lady. No couples. Is any one interested. Have offers in for 3 buildings and all the finance that may be required.

ive said it before but i do not go to clubs as single guys have to pay more than everyone else.

ok it maybe my loss on a good time but i dont think i should be exploited because im a single man.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"ive said it before but i do not go to clubs as single guys have to pay more than everyone else.

ok it maybe my loss on a good time but i dont think i should be exploited because im a single man.

"

no offence... that is why I opened the other thread with regards to single men and pricing grips... and why I asked for this one NOT to be turned into that topic.... because it is a different issue I am trying to raise....

"ive said it before but i do not go to clubs as single guys have to pay more than everyone else.

no offence... that is why I opened the other thread with regards to single men and pricing grips... and why I asked for this one NOT to be turned into that topic.... because it is a different issue I am trying to raise...."

oh believe me _abio im not worried about it at all.

as ive said im the one missing out as id love to go but im a bugger for sticking to my guns.

By *inktherapyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

I answered this on the other thread. Membership fees for attending a club where you were travelling to say on business or holiday would put me off - how could you know if you'd ever be back that way again, let alone the issue of wanting to (or being able to) attend teh club again?

The Lodge in Gloucester has quite a good policy here - you can be a member, but it's not essential. Members get additional benefits (free entry a couple of times a year and discounted rates on somethings and (I think) go 5 times get the 6th free.

We've also been to Romeos (Bristol) and Bath Swingers and not had to pay membership as a couple - not sure if they'd have charges for single guys membership though.

I like the policy someone mentioned earlier up the thread of taking the first night's entry price of the membership fee - seems a good idea

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I answered this on the other thread. Membership fees for attending a club where you were travelling to say on business or holiday would put me off - how could you know if you'd ever be back that way again, let alone the issue of wanting to (or being able to) attend teh club again?

I like the policy someone mentioned earlier up the thread of taking the first night's entry price of the membership fee - seems a good idea"

it was points like this that I was getting at with the thread... so thank you xxx

I may be down in london twice a year, but its hardly worth paying both entry and membership so it puts me off.....

By *uelozCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

we at Club ISH think that membership should be free so we dont charge a fee

By *urekaPartiesCouple  over a year ago

FAWKHAM

If you are in the London area and want to visit we don't charge membership it is an option that gets you reduced entry if you do take it.

Also we charge the same for couples and single men.

By *eon85Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Maybe it could work like a gym, they show you around, try out the facilities and then decide whether it is for you or not plus the bring a friend weekends could be fun.

I could walk from my pad to la chambre in 10min....But that membership fees just turn me off

Then again as a single male i will top it up with another £25 entrance fee...

Will my night worth it????

I could pull in town for less on drink and taxi fare

"Maybe it could work like a gym, they show you around, try out the facilities and then decide whether it is for you or not plus the bring a friend weekends could be fun. "

as long as they offer to try the fittest girls around hahahahahahah

By *eon85Man  over a year ago

Manchester

"I could walk from my pad to la chambre in 10min....But that membership fees just turn me off

I could pull in town for less on drink and taxi fare"

I agree I know this is a swingers site and not a sex site but if I had the kind of luck I have on here in day to day life I'd probably still be a virgin. I suppose in person it's easier to show your personality and it's less likely 100s of guys will be walking upto women saying fancy a fuck.

"I could walk from my pad to la chambre in 10min....But that membership fees just turn me off

I could pull in town for less on drink and taxi fare I agree I know this is a swingers site and not a sex site but if I had the kind of luck I have on here in day to day life I'd probably still be a virgin. I suppose in person it's easier to show your personality and it's less likely 100s of guys will be walking upto women saying fancy a fuck. "

So you are no longer a virgin????? Danmmm dont the girls know it. Some are looking for virgin hahahaha

By *arnaclebillMan  over a year ago

Robin Hood County

"Im curious what clubs do the ' pay as you go' option

I wouldn't want to join one because I have no idea if I would want to go back but I would like try a decent one to see

Does that make sense "

The New Paradise near Loughborough and the Xotix Xtreme in Heanor are both Pay as you go No membership fees

I think membership should be optional, and a discount on entry be given for members.

That way, regulars can be members and pay a little less (fair enough if they're frequent visitors) and one-offs pay a little more, without being charged extorniate prices.

I guess most clubs do the double charging on the basis of "because we can"

Lc s just emailed me with the news that from july until sept couples can renew or get new membership for free + theyve changed the pricing for single guys (not special events thou) looks like someone heard ya _abio

By *andjCouple  over a year ago

tempsford

Jules here at The Vanilla Alternative we do a members and non members entry price, but if you decide to become a member before you leave at the end of the night we take off the extra entry price off of the membership price. But if you want to come to us every week as a non member then thats fine although not economical for the guest.

Newcastle and Gateshead

can I just say thank you to the clubs and owners who have replied to me personally... and are beginning to on here in regards to this... and hopefully more will take a leap of faith and give it a go... xxxx

"I reckon if they charged more a non-member then it would suffice. Just enough to encourage uptake of membership but not that much that it would put off genuine guys. Got to be a happy medium.

Doris Stokes was a happy medium "

The Attic in Derby is pay as you go and not pricey either

"Lc s just emailed me with the news that from july until sept couples can renew or get new membership for free + theyve changed the pricing for single guys (not special events thou) looks like someone heard ya _abio "

I need a crime partner then

"can I just say thank you to the clubs and owners who have replied to me personally... and are beginning to on here in regards to this... and hopefully more will take a leap of faith and give it a go... xxxx"

Can they just answer here?????

Sharing is......

By *enuinetallstuMan  over a year ago

nr beauly

The Lodge in Gloucester doesnt insist on ANY membership, its optional, as people pay online and the licence doesnt require it so no need to take extra charges out of peoples pockets ! Hope that helps xx

By *orth West CoupleCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

"I originally put up this topic in another place, but since we now have a new and better place to put it I thought I would try it again...

it is always an interesting topic....

the one thing that puts me off visiting more clubs is that especially if i am travelling, you have to pay both membership and entry upon 1st entry....

absolutely fine if you are going to a club lets say 3-4 times a year..... not so good if you go once in a blue moon, or are going for a special occasion, where you are not likely to use it again.. or if you do then you have to go thru the whole thing again because you haven't been there for so long...

I know chams for example will do a waiver for special occasions (pussy posse ect)... do other clubs do this?

sometimes I feel that people would love to try clubs... but the costs of going 1st time when you may find its not for you can be expensive....

I would love it if the 1st time you went the membership charges would be waived... and then membership would commence upon the 2nd time someone was to go......

not knocking clubs at all... just more of a suggestion that would likely get more people trying them, it does feel like clubs are missing a trick here...

and discuss...

p.s Please please please don't turn it into a discussion about single guys and pricing, different discussion and different topic!!

what I would like for this would be to get some feedback from both people and clubs as to whether it would work getting more people thru doors... and if they had thought about it?"

Cupids in Swinton have a guest membership for single blokes and I believe the Townhouse on the Wirral also have a guest membership

yes townhouse offer 1st entry free if with members,and members who havent been for 6 months get a free return entry.this may just be for couples though.

liverpool

"yes townhouse offer 1st entry free if with members,and members who havent been for 6 months get a free return entry.this may just be for couples though."
I think thats just for couples, though they are the only club I know that lets couples in for free every Wednesday

We have been going to Clubs for a few years and have never been asked to pay any kind of Membership fee - and we would not pay it.

Presumably it is a single guy thing?

"again...can i reiterate it not the single guy issue on pricing I am talking about...

it is the charges for EVERYONE where you have to pay admission and entry on 1st visit which I think in effect could deter people who are sitting on the fence from trying clubs.....

sort of a "try before you fully commit" scheme....

I think people would then be happy to pay for a membership if people knew a club was good for them, but it is a case of getting people to try which is the trick I think clubs may possibly be missing a little...

"

this is very good point _abio as I have 2 friends that are a couple and don't have to pay full price for the club entry at Isis in Leeds but do have to pay the standard membership fee of £25 still which I think is a bit extortionate when you don't even know if you'll like it!! as a single guy I understand why they charge us more and that isn't an issue for me but having to pay for membership on your first visit is a bit crazy as my friends have paid their membership and never went again as they didn't enjoy it as much as meeting socially in town and then going back to theirs. Isis used to offer a "pay as you go" service but it ended being full of single guys which puts some people off. I think the entry fees are fair but I don't see why you have to sign up for a year on your first visit?!?! are there any clubs left doing a "pay as you go" service??

liverpool

"We have been going to Clubs for a few years and have never been asked to pay any kind of Membership fee - and we would not pay it.

Presumably it is a single guy thing?"

Nope....Adam and Eves in Eccles charge couples a yearly membership

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

There are actually only a handful of clubs that charge a yearly membership fee in the UK, though they are among some of the best.

Some of these operate a different price point, where you can pay higher entry if your not a member, and others operate a try before you buy policy, where you can visit once without membership and decide later.

This seems to work well for most people.

In Europe a fair few (By no means all) of the clubs operate the two price point policy, meaning your regulars get in cheaper and it makes their membership fee worthwhile, where as your once in a while visitors pay more, but they only come to club once or twice a year.

We think that is the fairest system, we seem to recall that this is one operated by V.A

La Chambre is currently offering free membership for a limited time peroid, which is a good way of getting new members to your club.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Interesting...last year I renewed my cupids membership jan time, but due to football games not being at time that suited me, and me ending up with family commitments.....I havent been.

I don't mind paying cupids prices for membership and often do as I know I will go at least 4 times in 6 months....

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

both the clubs in the north east charge membership fees to get through the door then entry fee on top

and would not class them as the best in the county

Liberty Elite do the same as VA, don't have to join the first time you go...

Also they have parties there, eg this Friday Sex In the 2nd City, where you can go if you are on the guest list and not have to be a member.

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

The problem is that sometimes for the clubs to open they have to comply with local coucils legislation. This can mean it being a members only club (as with After8)or risk having their license pulled by said council. This does vary from council to council but just making people aware that sometimes it is out of the owners/managers hands.

» Add a new message to this topic