FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > What is the requirement for clubs to open again

What is the requirement for clubs to open again

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The majority don't sell alchol. So it's not licencing law.or who would a swingers club be comparable to Night Clubs possable. Or just 100% all clear. Which i feel. Will never happen.

Any ideas

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

I'd assume swingers clubs would come under nightclubs so far as entertainment venues go & licences with councils.

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

They come under night club and adult entertainment venues so should and will remain closed

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

I think some are classed as private members club. I don’t know what requirements they have.

By *igjohn78Man  over a year ago

lincoln

Swinging clubs cume under a sex licence. They are different sort of sex licence one for toy shops and then strip clubs and one for adult entertainment ie swinging clubs. The rules are very strict

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Sex venues and hostess bars would what they would most likely be and they are still not open

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Swinging clubs cume under a sex licence. They are different sort of sex licence one for toy shops and then strip clubs and one for adult entertainment ie swinging clubs. The rules are very strict "

Nope!!

Club owner here!! lol

It very much depends on the local authority as to what clubs are classed as. Some are classed private members clubs, some are classed as night clubs and maybe one or two are classed as sex entertainment venues and hold and SEV licence but these are actually not required for a swingers club; this has been found in law by a barrister.

The problem with us all opening is that councils are following guidelines which are being interpreted differently across the country. For those who are classed as an SEV or night club, then there is legislation to say that they cannot open under these guises but if they hold an alcohol licence, they can open as a pub running socials if they feel it is financially viable. We could do this but we have chosen not to as it's not worth out while.

For those who are classed as private members clubs (most), there is very little guidance out there but what is plain is that swinging doesn't work with social distancing, so councils are basically saying that we can't open for swinging parties/fetish parties until social distancing is dropped altogether.

The reason some clubs are open and others aren't is basically down to their size and location. If they are big enough to hold socials and open the bar, they are doing so. If they have outdoor space, they can hold outdoor 'events' but still no sex between strangers.

For the other clubs I have spoken with, the councils are doing well to work WITH clubs and advising on how to open safely and helping them stay in business or at least offering suggestions.

A lot of clubs like ourselves are choosing to stay closed. We are a big club over 4 floors BUT our social area wouldn't be big enough to hold a socially distanced pub night and bring in enough money. Our council have given us the go ahead to do it, but it's just not financially viable. Many clubs are in this very position.

So basically swinging parties in clubs will not happen until social distancing is dropped altogether. This is VERY annoying as private parties and meets are happening all the time as we (and many we know) are getting invites daily on Fab!!

It is frustrating when we walk around supermarkets, town centres, go to pubs and social distancing is not happening and when parties are going on up and down the country because people have hit the 'fuck it' button. Yet we cannot open and are pissing money out the walls everyday we are closed. I just hope the same swingers who are holding parties and charging their guests choose to support their local clubs when we all open as a lot of us are going into debt to stay open...for you!

harrow

People are charging their guests that takes the piss. If I was going to a party I wouldn’t pay but bring my own booze which I would do in a club and at least a bottle of wine for the host as a offer and to help maybe clear up etc

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"People are charging their guests that takes the piss. If I was going to a party I wouldn’t pay but bring my own booze which I would do in a club and at least a bottle of wine for the host as a offer and to help maybe clear up etc "

Oh yes...it happens quite a lot!!! Some make a nice little earner out of it too lol xx

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Can people report anyone arranging meets on the site

Thanks

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Can people report anyone arranging meets on the site

Thanks"

Does this include social meet?

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Thanks"

If people weren't so desperate to have sex with strangers, monitoring reports would be a full time job for you. Alas, I think you are saved from such a task as meets have been and will continue to be arranged by fab members..reporting would be cutting of ones nose to spite ones face x

By *edonism3Couple  over a year ago

Lytham

Very sad to hear how a really well run club like Townhouse is losing money.

Another excellent club in the North West (Cupids)is also struggling as Bruce & Jona have apparently decided to call it a day and relinquish the lease. If the really well run clubs are struggling, then the club scene as we knew it is doomed.

Private parties are just not the the same as they lack the safety aspect that we have at clubs like Townhouse & Cupids and can't replicate the chatting at the bar vibe that these two clubs offer.

By *etsplay4realCouple  over a year ago

Essex - Cambs Border!

"Swinging clubs cume under a sex licence. They are different sort of sex licence one for toy shops and then strip clubs and one for adult entertainment ie swinging clubs. The rules are very strict

Nope!!

Club owner here!! lol

It very much depends on the local authority as to what clubs are classed as. Some are classed private members clubs, some are classed as night clubs and maybe one or two are classed as sex entertainment venues and hold and SEV licence but these are actually not required for a swingers club; this has been found in law by a barrister.

The problem with us all opening is that councils are following guidelines which are being interpreted differently across the country. For those who are classed as an SEV or night club, then there is legislation to say that they cannot open under these guises but if they hold an alcohol licence, they can open as a pub running socials if they feel it is financially viable. We could do this but we have chosen not to as it's not worth out while.

For those who are classed as private members clubs (most), there is very little guidance out there but what is plain is that swinging doesn't work with social distancing, so councils are basically saying that we can't open for swinging parties/fetish parties until social distancing is dropped altogether.

The reason some clubs are open and others aren't is basically down to their size and location. If they are big enough to hold socials and open the bar, they are doing so. If they have outdoor space, they can hold outdoor 'events' but still no sex between strangers.

For the other clubs I have spoken with, the councils are doing well to work WITH clubs and advising on how to open safely and helping them stay in business or at least offering suggestions.

A lot of clubs like ourselves are choosing to stay closed. We are a big club over 4 floors BUT our social area wouldn't be big enough to hold a socially distanced pub night and bring in enough money. Our council have given us the go ahead to do it, but it's just not financially viable. Many clubs are in this very position.

So basically swinging parties in clubs will not happen until social distancing is dropped altogether. This is VERY annoying as private parties and meets are happening all the time as we (and many we know) are getting invites daily on Fab!!

It is frustrating when we walk around supermarkets, town centres, go to pubs and social distancing is not happening and when parties are going on up and down the country because people have hit the 'fuck it' button. Yet we cannot open and are pissing money out the walls everyday we are closed. I just hope the same swingers who are holding parties and charging their guests choose to support their local clubs when we all open as a lot of us are going into debt to stay open...for you!

"

Essex - Cambs Border!

"People are charging their guests that takes the piss. If I was going to a party I wouldn’t pay but bring my own booze which I would do in a club and at least a bottle of wine for the host as a offer and to help maybe clear up etc

Oh yes...it happens quite a lot!!! Some make a nice little earner out of it too lol xx"

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Thanks

If people weren't so desperate to have sex with strangers, monitoring reports would be a full time job for you. Alas, I think you are saved from such a task as meets have been and will continue to be arranged by fab members..reporting would be cutting of ones nose to spite ones face x"

I am not understanding that last sentence sorry? I don't deal with reports...but Admin do ask people to report to be able to look into it.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Does this include social meet?"

No...socials are within Government guidelines so are allowed here too

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Thanks

If people weren't so desperate to have sex with strangers, monitoring reports would be a full time job for you. Alas, I think you are saved from such a task as meets have been and will continue to be arranged by fab members..reporting would be cutting of ones nose to spite ones face x

I am not understanding that last sentence sorry? I don't deal with reports...but Admin do ask people to report to be able to look into it. "

'Cutting ones nose off to spite ones face' is a old saying. Basically, by reporting someone who wants to invite you to a party, you would be depriving yourself of a swinging opportunity if you were a person who wants to meet during a pandemic. As many people are still looking to meet at the moment, they will not report in fear of missing out on extracurricular sex lol

Essex - Cambs Border!

Thanks

I am not understanding that last sentence sorry? I don't deal with reports...but Admin do ask people to report to be able to look into it.

'Cutting ones nose off to spite ones face' is a old saying. Basically, by reporting someone who wants to invite you to a party, you would be depriving yourself of a swinging opportunity if you were a person who wants to meet during a pandemic. As many people are still looking to meet at the moment, they will not report in fear of missing out on extracurricular sex lol "

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Thanks

'Cutting ones nose off to spite ones face' is a old saying. Basically, by reporting someone who wants to invite you to a party, you would be depriving yourself of a swinging opportunity if you were a person who wants to meet during a pandemic. As many people are still looking to meet at the moment, they will not report in fear of missing out on extracurricular sex lol "

Is extracurricular sex the sort that happens behind the bike sheds or up on the playing fields?

harrow

[Removed by poster at 19/08/20 00:57:39]

By *rPMsSMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Hi would you not consider opening for social events and increasing your entrance fee.

I know this would not be popular with a lot of people especially in the current financial environment but it would give the people that would like too the opportunity to support your club and hopefully slow down the amount of money you are haemorrhaging.

I am sure with the amount of loyal members you have this could be an option.

By *absFrenchGentMan  over a year ago

stafford

We’ll have to come and spend some of that money we saved while in lockdown in your club

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Thanks

I know of the saying, I just didn't understand your post as to who it was pointed at so thought it best to ask

Birkenhead/Liverpool

[Removed by poster at 19/08/20 09:52:22]

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Hi would you not consider opening for social events and increasing your entrance fee.

I know this would not be popular with a lot of people especially in the current financial environment but it would give the people that would like too the opportunity to support your club and hopefully slow down the amount of money you are haemorrhaging.

I am sure with the amount of loyal members you have this could be an option."

I'm sure you can appreciate that after 5 months out of business, we have considered the financially viability of all options. Let me run through some of the points with regards to opening socially at our venue.

With people sitting at tables, we could fit in around 35 people in our social areas with distancing. This alone is not financially viable. Why?

1/ Most people travel to come to our club, which means that they will probably drive, which means soft drinks only. Even if they are a couple, one would probably drive.

2/ to make a social atmosphere work, you need a decent crowd of people together to create that atmosphere; our social areas are split over 2 rooms and there would be a 30/70 split of people.

3/ charging people to enter a venue for drinks and chat only with the same amount of people in it as the lower deck of a bus wouldn't work.

4/ to make 35 people in our club work financially, we would need the club 'full' every night of the week, have to charge £20 per person and expect all of them to drink alcohol all night. Nobody is going to travel an hour or more for a flat social of a handful of people, where you can't fuck the people you fancy and stay in a hotel.

5/ as soon as we open our doors properly and open our bar etc...any financial assistance for businesses stops and all bills/outgoings recommence or go back up to pre lockdown prices. Financial help for self employed people stops this month anyway, but to get the last payment this month, you have to prove that Covid impacted your business financially.

If we opened our doors for these crap socials, we would not have been eligible for anything and would have been even more worse off.

I don't think some people realise the massive financial outgoings a club has and keeping solvent for a lot of us has been a balancing act. For a lot of us, staying closed loses us less money that opening in a social capacity.

Hope this explains why we and many other licenced clubs have not re-opened yet. I did put it in another post, but it was removed xxx

By *ove2lickJemCouple  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Hi would you not consider opening for social events and increasing your entrance fee.

I'm sure you can appreciate that after 5 months out of business, we have considered the financially viability of all options. Let me run through some of the points with regards to opening socially at our venue.

With people sitting at tables, we could fit in around 35 people in our social areas with distancing. This alone is not financially viable. Why?

1/ Most people travel to come to our club, which means that they will probably drive, which means soft drinks only. Even if they are a couple, one would probably drive.

2/ to make a social atmosphere work, you need a decent crowd of people together to create that atmosphere; our social areas are split over 2 rooms and there would be a 30/70 split of people.

3/ charging people to enter a venue for drinks and chat only with the same amount of people in it as the lower deck of a bus wouldn't work.

4/ to make 35 people in our club work financially, we would need the club 'full' every night of the week, have to charge £20 per person and expect all of them to drink alcohol all night. Nobody is going to travel an hour or more for a flat social of a handful of people, where you can't fuck the people you fancy and stay in a hotel.

5/ as soon as we open our doors properly and open our bar etc...any financial assistance for businesses stops and all bills/outgoings recommence or go back up to pre lockdown prices. Financial help for self employed people stops this month anyway, but to get the last payment this month, you have to prove that Covid impacted your business financially.

If we opened our doors for these crap socials, we would not have been eligible for anything and would have been even more worse off.

I don't think some people realise the massive financial outgoings a club has and keeping solvent for a lot of us has been a balancing act. For a lot of us, staying closed loses us less money that opening in a social capacity.

Hope this explains why we and many other licenced clubs have not re-opened yet. I did put it in another post, but it was removed xxx"

Great post as always and you know my feelings and that I've for got common sense like you!! Just curious if once all help/aid stops if you're considering opening for socials because something is better than nothing? Like the aid is a splash in the ocean, maybe reduced custom could help in the same way when that ends?

Oh and btw, it wouldn't be a crap social, it's at Townhouse for starters and I'll be first in line to drink my bodyweight if that helps? No? I've put on a dress size over lockdown if that does?

Take care you two and hopefully be able to see you soon!! xx

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Hope this explains why we and many other licenced clubs have not re-opened yet. I did put it in another post, but it was removed xxx

Great post as always and you know my feelings and that I've for got common sense like you!! Just curious if once all help/aid stops if you're considering opening for socials because something is better than nothing? Like the aid is a splash in the ocean, maybe reduced custom could help in the same way when that ends?

Oh and btw, it wouldn't be a crap social, it's at Townhouse for starters and I'll be first in line to drink my bodyweight if that helps? No? I've put on a dress size over lockdown if that does?

"

No we wouldn't open as any 'holidays' or reduction of outgoings we have negotiated would start again. The first would be to pay for all of our licences which have been frozen for now; that alone would put a decent dent in our bank balance hahaha

Can't wait to welcome you back; we've missed you brightening up our bar xx

By *ove2lickJemCouple  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

No we wouldn't open as any 'holidays' or reduction of outgoings we have negotiated would start again. The first would be to pay for all of our licences which have been frozen for now; that alone would put a decent dent in our bank balance hahaha

Can't wait to welcome you back; we've missed you brightening up our bar xx"

Awww dammit!!! I was trying so hard to come and try some new gins!! I'd best be top of your list to tell when you get the green light!! Woooooo!! Mwah mwah xxx

stafford

If only the gvt had made it easier for you to open as a diner too as well as a pub so you could scoop some of that eat out money on top of the extra money that people would pay for the remain price of their meal , I'd love to eat in some of the rooms I had so much fun in it would be great as well as going on a date with a woman to wine and dine her we could share our experiences

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"If only the gvt had made it easier for you to open as a diner too as well as a pub so you could scoop some of that eat out money on top of the extra money that people would pay for the remain price of their meal , I'd love to eat in some of the rooms I had so much fun in it would be great as well as going on a date with a woman to wine and dine her we could share our experiences "

We don't have the facilities or the licence to run as a restaurant. Plus it would cost thousands to set this up

By *oDaveQuestSwingCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

"Swinging clubs cume under a sex licence. They are different sort of sex licence one for toy shops and then strip clubs and one for adult entertainment ie swinging clubs. The rules are very strict

Nope!!

Club owner here!! lol

"

This

By *irty filthy milfWoman  over a year ago

somewhere only i know!

Hope this explains why we and many other licenced clubs have not re-opened yet. I did put it in another post, but it was removed xxx"

Personally I can’t wait for you to be back open again and will be over for the 1st Milf Monday, I’ve 5 months worth of catch up to do at present, so get the waterproofs on standby lol xx

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"

Personally I can’t wait for you to be back open again and will be over for the 1st Milf Monday, I’ve 5 months worth of catch up to do at present, so get the waterproofs on standby lol xx"

Oh, I miss my Milfers!! A few of them have been messaging & keeping in touch, but it’s not the same!!

Can’t wait to see everyone back again for a bit of Milf Monday Mischief!! x

By *irty filthy milfWoman  over a year ago

somewhere only i know!

"

Personally I can’t wait for you to be back open again and will be over for the 1st Milf Monday, I’ve 5 months worth of catch up to do at present, so get the waterproofs on standby lol xx

Oh, I miss my Milfers!! A few of them have been messaging & keeping in touch, but it’s not the same!!

Can’t wait to see everyone back again for a bit of Milf Monday Mischief!! x"

Can’t wait for it was meant to finish off my birthday celebrations but got locked down, so might just have to start next years birthday at the 1st milf!!

By *ondonman1969Man  over a year ago

Romford

[Removed by poster at 21/08/20 18:23:03]

By *ondonman1969Man  over a year ago

Romford

[Removed by poster at 21/08/20 18:24:05]

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"

Can’t wait to see everyone back again for a bit of Milf Monday Mischief!! x

Can’t wait for it was meant to finish off my birthday celebrations but got locked down, so might just have to start next years birthday at the 1st milf!!"

Sounds good!!

We’ve missed 6 so far - lockdown happened just before the surprise extra one in late March!

Let’s hope we don’t miss too many more!

M x

By *ominanceMan  over a year ago

peterlee area

Thanks"

What actually happens to those arranging meets on here?

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

Thanks

What actually happens to those arranging meets on here? "

Nothing at all

They just keep doing it

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Thanks

What actually happens to those arranging meets on here? "

They get a warning, if they keep doing it they get disabled

"

Can’t wait to see everyone back again for a bit of Milf Monday Mischief!! x"

"Very sad to hear how a really well run club like Townhouse is losing money.

Another excellent club in the North West (Cupids)is also struggling as Bruce & Jona have apparently decided to call it a day and relinquish the lease. If the really well run clubs are struggling, then the club scene as we knew it is doomed.

Private parties are just not the the same as they lack the safety aspect that we have at clubs like Townhouse & Cupids and can't replicate the chatting at the bar vibe that these two clubs offer."

By *ominanceMan  over a year ago

peterlee area

Thanks

What actually happens to those arranging meets on here?

They get a warning, if they keep doing it they get disabled"

I’ve found if you report anyone from pre-Covid experience you get blocked from seeing those you reported and things just carry on. I mean I hope that’s not actually the case.

stafford

Speak of that , has anyone got any clues about torture gardens?? Is it going to reopen??

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Does this include social meet?

No...socials are within Government guidelines so are allowed here too"

As this is the case, should the verifications by meeting feature be reinstated?

» Add a new message to this topic