FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Parrotman of the Blackpoolfunhouse

Parrotman of the Blackpoolfunhouse

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tasia OP   Couple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Occasionally a guy will enter your world and fit in with everything you do and everything you’re about.

We used to run the Blakpoolfunhouse, a sea front hotel in Blackpool and held a monthly weekend for swing parties. Mostly it was couples, but we had one single room so brought in singles to fill the room as and when. Most came and went, until Parrotman turned up one day and proved there were some seriously sensible guys out there who could just fit in with everybody.

He was no hunk, a well spoken and smartly dressed chap who just blended in perfectly. He was happy to be centre of attention occasionally with his crazy jokes, but more often than not standing back and quietly encouraging others to relax and enjoy the party.

Many many happy times, from fancy dress craziness to walking dogs on the beach. His first ever naturist holiday to long deep conservations over a Pint of .

He became a close friend, holidays together, never a party weekend missed and most attendees of ours became firm friends with him.

When we moved to _tasia it obviously wasn’t a venue for him, never liked the music and had difficulty chatting to folks so we didn’t get to see him as much as we’d liked to.

Yesterday we learnt he has a few weeks left to live. The cancer he’s been fighting for a good few years now is winning, and he’s saying his farewells to friends, so off tonight to see him and give him a few of those big hugs back he gave us over the years.

We think we’ve managed to contact most who may have know him, but some may be hiding on here we haven’t reached. If you wish us to pass on your best wishes, please privately message us and we will do exactly that.

We’re going to miss him, he was a real asset to the scene.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

A lovely post. I don't know him but I will be thinking of him and all his friends.

By *tasia OP   Couple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

That should have been a pint of or tea! Lol, he never drank.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Such a true gent! It was always a pleasure to catch up with him over the years.

Please do pass on my very best wishes to him

By *lirt-_tasiaCouple  over a year ago

midland

"Such a true gent! It was always a pleasure to catch up with him over the years.

Please do pass on my very best wishes to him "

Will do x

» Add a new message to this topic