FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Sending our hopes and love to club owners

Sending our hopes and love to club owners

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

With Boris’ announcement yesterday it’s clear that the clubs we all love and miss will be closed for another 6 months. Let’s all send our love and best wishes to the hard working owners and staff whose hospitality we have enjoyed over the years.

I imagine that most if not all owners don’t make a fortune out of running these venues and that most are now facing a difficult and uncertain future.

Let’s help out where we can if they have fund raisers and let’s look forward to a time where they can open their doors to welcome us all back

Until then; Stay safe and have fun

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nmgCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Totally agree. We're gutted that the clubs are going to remain 'shut' (albeit some have found a way to open in some form)

I've said this before.... The country needs to knuckle the fuck down and do the right thing, get over this, and get back to normal

Screw the nut troops!!

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

What a really nice thread to start.

I join you in sincerely wishing all the club staff management and owners all the best through these very tricky and unsteady times.

I wish I could think of some ideas that you could use your premises for to bring in some income until it is all in the past and safe to reopen as lifestyle establishments again.

My thoughts are with you all.

Xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes this, in the current world so much negativity around.

Hope everyone stays safe and look forward to seeing everyone soon

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

As nice as would be to donate money to what are, let`s face, probably some of the last establishments to re-open, might such donations be regarded as "income" which might compromise any Government funding they may be entitled to? I`m not conversant with company law so not sure how something like this would work.

By *eachy123Woman  over a year ago

Rochdale/Manchester/Blackpool and were ever the mood takes me

Absolutely gutted with the new rules in place wish all the other staff and clubs good luck and I hope to see you all on the other side of this

Yep my thoughts are with all the club owners out there. Sending you all love and good vibes.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"As nice as would be to donate money to what are, let`s face, probably some of the last establishments to re-open, might such donations be regarded as "income" which might compromise any Government funding they may be entitled to? I`m not conversant with company law so not sure how something like this would work.

"

Yes donations are classed as income but all government help stopped in August anyway, with no hint of any further help.

Thanks everyone. It's lovely to hear messages of support. All clubs are struggling to come up with ways to stay afloat but with more and more restrictions coming into play, it's making innovation very difficult! Lol

Who knows what the result of this will be? Some of us will still be around, some of us won't, but I know that all of my fellow club owners won't go without a damn good fight!!!! We've fought for the last 6 months and we will all try and continue fighting for the next 6 months.

Love from us

Xxxx

"

Yes donations are classed as income but all government help stopped in August anyway, with no hint of any further help.

"

As well as donations being classed as income so are the grants provided by the government. So if a club has received, for example a £10,000 grant that was awarded a few months back, that’s classed as income and will be taxable. Same with the furlough payments i believe ?

By *lub F Co.DurhamCouple  over a year ago

Stanley

"As nice as would be to donate money to what are, let`s face, probably some of the last establishments to re-open, might such donations be regarded as "income" which might compromise any Government funding they may be entitled to? I`m not conversant with company law so not sure how something like this would work.

Thanks everyone. It's lovely to hear messages of support. All clubs are struggling to come up with ways to stay afloat but with more and more restrictions coming into play, it's making innovation very difficult! Lol

Who knows what the result of this will be? Some of us will still be around, some of us won't, but I know that all of my fellow club owners won't go without a damn good fight!!!! We've fought for the last 6 months and we will all try and continue fighting for the next 6 months.

Love from us

Xxxx"

Ditto that lady !

We won’t go down without clinging on to any lifeline thrown!

Just like one hell of a lot of businesses I reckon, but swingers clubs are different, it takes a certain sort of person to understand how different we are, and the loyalty of a small amount of people has amazed me and humbled me as well. Xx

I’m already donating a small amount to my local club , direct debit set up. Our clubs need our help in these very challenging times. I just hope these clubs can survive for us all to enjoy in the future, whenever that may be !

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

My thoughts are with all the club owners, managers and staff who all do a amazing job to make sure our days or nights out are a nice and enjoyable experience.Let’s hope all our clubs and spas in the UK will all still be here for us all to enjoy our day and nights out as before.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

We, the punters, can try and do our bit by writing to the MPs that have clubs in their area, pointing out that clubs are quite a niche business and thus do not fall into the general business lines. They will also not have any chance of earning an income until restrictions are lifted whilst still having outgoings for services and possibly rent.

Love from us

Xxxx"

I echo everything Vicky has said above.

Its certainly a difficult situation for every club. Each with some very different problems & dilemmas and some very similar but one thing is true as a community need as many clubs to survive the next 6 months and ultimately the pandemic. The Prime Ministers announcement effectively made that very difficult for many Clubs including ours to do now.

I applaud Vicki's innovative idea of bringing the club owners together in a collective if you will to share resources and ideas and act as a steering group to try & survive the pandemic. We totally agree acting together as one will give the clubs and swinging community a voice it so desperately needed.

Can you please count us at Club Play Vicky, we would like to be involved x

One idea I have had is to form a charity fund formed of all the club owners that would be designed to keep our clubs afloat and would pay out equally between all the club involved. Be this from donations, sponsorship or just give pages, what ever form it may take. This is just an idea and I like Vicky firmly believe if the clubs acted as one more could be achieved than alone.

Paul Club Play

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

Love from us

Xxxx

Its certainly a difficult situation for every club. Each with some very different problems & dilemmas and some very similar but one thing is true as a community need as many clubs to survive the next 6 months and ultimately the pandemic. The Prime Ministers announcement effectively made that very difficult for many Clubs including ours to do now.

I applaud Vicki's innovative idea of bringing the club owners together in a collective if you will to share resources and ideas and act as a steering group to try & survive the pandemic. We totally agree acting together as one will give the clubs and swinging community a voice it so desperately needed.

One idea I have had is to form a charity fund formed of all the club owners that would be designed to keep our clubs afloat and would pay out equally between all the club involved. Be this from donations, sponsorship or just give pages, what ever form it may take. This is just an idea and I like Vicky firmly believe if the clubs acted as one more could be achieved than alone.

Paul Club Play "

Hadn’t heard of this?

Can’t afford much but I’d be happy to pay a tenner a month to keep the clubs I love afloat! If everyone who attends clubs gives what they can comfortably afford then we’ll have a far greater chance of having you there after covid.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that swinging without swinging clubs just isn’t swinging!

Love from us

Xxxx

Paul Club Play

Hadn’t heard of this?

Can’t afford much but I’d be happy to pay a tenner a month to keep the clubs I love afloat! If everyone who attends clubs gives what they can comfortably afford then we’ll have a far greater chance of having you there after covid.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that swinging without swinging clubs just isn’t swinging! "

It's very much an idea at the minute but that's where everything starts with an idea xxx

By *oDaveQuestSwingCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

This is such a lovely thread thank you from all of us at Quest for you support, kind thoughts & wishes to all club owners out there.

It’s a wonderful thing when we pull together as clubs, customers & friends

Stay safe everyone and keep up the fight

JoDave & The Quest Team xxx

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

What a lovely post - and a sentiment a lot of us echo!

And I think a club owners ‘committee’ as Vic suggested is a great idea - even just from the perspective of the moral support! But if it gives more clubs a better chance at keeping going through this, then it can only be a good thing.

The swinging community gets enough of a hard time from others. This is a time when everyone should be pulling together & supporting each other. I know there will be a lot of people willing to do what they can to help too.

Maybe Fab will even find it in their hearts to be supportive of this initiative too!

By *eachy123Woman  over a year ago

Rochdale/Manchester/Blackpool and were ever the mood takes me

"What a lovely post - and a sentiment a lot of us echo!

And I think a club owners ‘committee’ as Vic suggested is a great idea - even just from the perspective of the moral support! But if it gives more clubs a better chance at keeping going through this, then it can only be a good thing.

The swinging community gets enough of a hard time from others. This is a time when everyone should be pulling together & supporting each other. I know there will be a lot of people willing to do what they can to help too.

Maybe Fab will even find it in their hearts to be supportive of this initiative too!"

couldn't of said it better

Love from us

Xxxx

Paul Club Play

Hadn’t heard of this?

I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that swinging without swinging clubs just isn’t swinging!

It's very much an idea at the minute but that's where everything starts with an idea xxx"

Brilliant idea tbh. I'd be happy to help out with what I can.

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

I guess a positive is that at least when they reopen, they'll have no problem filling them!

By *nob and KnockersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

Difficult few months ahead but we will all hopefully be supporting our local clubs any way we can through this x

By *arah_kieran_ukCouple  over a year ago

Greater London

We just wanted to echo what OP and others have already said, we like so many others are desperate to get back to some form of normality and really hope all within the industry get through it.

Hope to see you all soon

xx

» Add a new message to this topic