FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > How on Earth will clubs survive??

How on Earth will clubs survive??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orderboyblue OP   Man  over a year ago

Scottish Borders

I'm really starting to fear for them.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Much will depend on ownership and equity in the building I guess? Rent and rates are the big cash burners whilst the buildings are in mothballs

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Much will depend on ownership and equity in the building I guess? Rent and rates are the big cash burners whilst the buildings are in mothballs"

It's night clubs in general that are a worry and swinging clubs fall into that mixing pot. We all seem to be a forgotten entity!! The government are enforcing closure but not offering help I am part of the NTIA (Night Time Industries Association) and the whole industry is being left to flounder and the answer we get is, take a loan!!! Yeh thanks BoJo...our debt free business was doing great before you forced us to close and now you want us to get into debt up to our eyeballs because you can't sort your country out? Fuck you!

By *tableMasterMan  over a year ago

UK

It’s shocking that the sexual entertainment industry is being ignored. These are solid businesses that pay tax and rates and contribute enormously to the economy.

As a group with no premises, it’s not a hardship for us as we aren’t a commercial enterprise, but we do have the opportunity to hire venues for large parties once we are able to.

We hope to help out as much as we can by bringing organised events to suitable venues and have already contacted several establishments to discuss opportunities.

We will do our best to support clubs etc as without you guys, we will have nowhere to play.

Fingers crossed that we can all weather this storm x

By *van ArdenMan  over a year ago

Coleford, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.

I haven't been to Chameleons in Newport for several years now but it would be a real shame if Chams and other clubs around the country had to close and maybe never reopen. I'd miss the fun that I've had in swingers clubs in the past if they shut and never reopened

By *allmeDavidMan  over a year ago

london

@Townhouse I couldnt agree more. The government have totally fucked up the whole country because they listened to the so called scientists. Scientists that have no idea what they are on about and probaly got a degree in the farming of peanuts!

I fear for the club scene too and just hope that they can get through this crap somehow/someway

Good luck to you all.

By *itzimadCouple  over a year ago

harwich

so who should the government take advice from? facebook, donald trump or some bloke down the pub? its hard for everyone at present there's going to be many companies in all sector failing soon.leisure and hospitality are going to be hit hard i'm afraid.

i doubt swingers clubs will rate very high on the list of places to be saved

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It’s shocking that the sexual entertainment industry is being ignored. These are solid businesses that pay tax and rates and contribute enormously to the economy.

As a group with no premises, it’s not a hardship for us as we aren’t a commercial enterprise, but we do have the opportunity to hire venues for large parties once we are able to.

We hope to help out as much as we can by bringing organised events to suitable venues and have already contacted several establishments to discuss opportunities.

We will do our best to support clubs etc as without you guys, we will have nowhere to play.

Fingers crossed that we can all weather this storm x "

I am with you entirely.

"@Townhouse I couldnt agree more. The government have totally fucked up the whole country because they listened to the so called scientists. Scientists that have no idea what they are on about and probaly got a degree in the farming of peanuts!

I fear for the club scene too and just hope that they can get through this crap somehow/someway

Good luck to you all."

Chris Grayling was transport minister and has already cost us heavily. How can he go from transport to chief scientist.

I agree with you. Government makes lots from this industry. Is he trying to wipe us all out I wonder?

"Much will depend on ownership and equity in the building I guess? Rent and rates are the big cash burners whilst the buildings are in mothballs

It's night clubs in general that are a worry and swinging clubs fall into that mixing pot. We all seem to be a forgotten entity!! The government are enforcing closure but not offering help I am part of the NTIA (Night Time Industries Association) and the whole industry is being left to flounder and the answer we get is, take a loan!!! Yeh thanks BoJo...our debt free business was doing great before you forced us to close and now you want us to get into debt up to our eyeballs because you can't sort your country out? Fuck you! "

I am with you on all you said.

He don't care.

He wants people to be in debt

Explain how banks launder money like Barclays and HSBC for crimes. When businesses are trying to stay afloat.

"@Townhouse I couldnt agree more. The government have totally fucked up the whole country because they listened to the so called scientists. Scientists that have no idea what they are on about and probaly got a degree in the farming of peanuts!

Good luck to you all.

Chris Grayling was transport minister and has already cost us heavily. How can he go from transport to chief scientist.

I agree with you. Government makes lots from this industry. Is he trying to wipe us all out I wonder?

"

Chris Whitt’s is Chief Scientist not Chris Grayling

By *urrey Dave 69Man  over a year ago

Epsom, Surrey

" The government have totally fucked up the whole country because they listened to the so called scientists. Scientists that have no idea what they are on about and probaly got a degree in the farming of peanuts!"

What complete rubbish

Scientists give details on the outcome of an event and the probability of it happening

Politicians have to review that probability and decide what amount of risk is acceptable

The media will then take a negative position on whatever is decided to try and get a good story.

IMHO If you want someone to blame then blame the media.

By *imon and saffyCouple  over a year ago

southampton

" The government have totally fucked up the whole country because they listened to the so called scientists. Scientists that have no idea what they are on about and probaly got a degree in the farming of peanuts!

What complete rubbish

Scientists give details on the outcome of an event and the probability of it happening

Politicians have to review that probability and decide what amount of risk is acceptable

The media will then take a negative position on whatever is decided to try and get a good story.

IMHO If you want someone to blame then blame the media."

Blame the public.

At the end of the day the only people responsible for spreading this and the second wave are the people who have not followed guidance.

The virus can't fly, it can only be passed if people are too close for too long.

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

"I haven't been to Chameleons in Newport for several years now but it would be a real shame if Chams and other clubs around the country had to close and maybe never reopen. I'd miss the fun that I've had in swingers clubs in the past if they shut and never reopened "

I don't think chams would close I think he owns the building just his rates he would have to find for the time being.....I might be wrong

teleford

"Much will depend on ownership and equity in the building I guess? Rent and rates are the big cash burners whilst the buildings are in mothballs

It's night clubs in general that are a worry and swinging clubs fall into that mixing pot. We all seem to be a forgotten entity!! The government are enforcing closure but not offering help I am part of the NTIA (Night Time Industries Association) and the whole industry is being left to flounder and the answer we get is, take a loan!!! Yeh thanks BoJo...our debt free business was doing great before you forced us to close and now you want us to get into debt up to our eyeballs because you can't sort your country out? Fuck you! "

I hope the F Y was aimed at Borris not me. I do understand your anger and frustration and absolutely hope Townhouse comes through the other side and thrives.

What steps do you want Borris to put forward that would sort the country out?

I do wish you luck

By *E8374Couple  over a year ago

Tipton

It would be absolutely tragic if clubs permanently close.

The whole arts/entertainment industry has been cast to one side and because Boris and co don't seem them "viable" then are seemingly being left to rot or rack up the debt to make a fist of it.

This virus isn't going away and cases are flying up but if the deaths stay low (and I mean below 50) then maybe , just maybe there will be a glimmer of hope.

teleford

"It would be absolutely tragic if clubs permanently close.

The whole arts/entertainment industry has been cast to one side and because Boris and co don't seem them "viable" then are seemingly being left to rot or rack up the debt to make a fist of it.

This virus isn't going away and cases are flying up but if the deaths stay low (and I mean below 50) then maybe , just maybe there will be a glimmer of hope."

Admissions are rising, deaths are rising, we will see over 50/day within the next 2 weeks

By *woodcplCouple  over a year ago

Borehamwood

This virus isn't going away and cases are flying up but if the deaths stay low (and I mean below 50) then maybe , just maybe there will be a glimmer of hope.

Admissions are rising, deaths are rising, we will see over 50/day within the next 2 weeks "

Within days you mean. In a couple weeks we will be into 3 figures per day

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I have said this before both on here and elsewhere - if you have a club in your area, no matter if you use it or not, write to your MP and express your concerns that this valuable facility is at risk. Point out that furlough does not pay rates or rent, that it is of huge benefit to people from many walks of life, push the "popular" minorities such as gay/lesbian/LGBT too (sorry if my terminology offends here) and also point out the other local services that benefit - taxis, cleaning, utilities etc. that benefit from patronage. Also, point out that due to their unique status they already have to pay a heavy premium just to be able to operate in the first place.

Your MP has, in the very least, have to log your communication and reply to you by law.

teleford

Admissions are rising, deaths are rising, we will see over 50/day within the next 2 weeks

Within days you mean. In a couple weeks we will be into 3 figures per day"

Throughout I have tried to offer the optimistic rather than worst case number. The optimistic numbers are undesirable enough! I would not be shocked if you are correct though.

If the clubs go under when this is over, we will likely see a big rise in private house parties, chartered boat parties, hotel meets, and you never know maybe we could see special events held inside container lorries like they used to do in America.

By *itzimadCouple  over a year ago

harwich

i think the only clubs that will survive another 6 months are those that own the properties unless landlords offer rent free periods t

the buisness rates alone will sink many without income

By *ucksguy2000Man  over a year ago

aylesbury

Unfortunately Arousals in Dunstable have announced they’re closing at the end of the month, don’t think they will be the last. Like and earlier poster mentioned the whole evening entertainment industry seem to be at the bottom on the list for help

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

I am afraid for the future of our fellow clubs and sorry to hear the news of Arousals closing. There are in fact three clubs in total that have now closed because of the present situation.

We are in the fortunate position of owning the club building unlike many. In saying that the debts we now have are eye watering, god knows what another six month of debt will do to our club.

The government and insurance industry have let adult venue clubs & night clubs down diabolically and should be ashamed! We as clubs are just told to lend more money and get further in debt while closed at the order of the government We as a business have paid tax, VAT, national insurance & created jods for people!

When we need help we're told to get lost & shut down or lend more money until you can't lend anymore & go under

A p*ssed off club owners rant over!

Realistically almost no clubs will survive, at least not while remaining legitimate within the law.

I estimated mid 2021 for any sort of normal life to return and to be honest I think I was being too optimistic. The virus isn't going to go away, and no government is ever going to give up this degree of authoritarianism and rule by decree. So it will continue onwards, this is life now. Even when herd immunity is achieved they won't be giving us our freedom back, rivers only flow one way.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"I am afraid for the future of our fellow clubs and sorry to hear the news of Arousals closing. There are in fact three clubs in total that have now closed because of the present situation.

We are in the fortunate position of owning the club building unlike many. In saying that the debts we now have are eye watering, god knows what another six month of debt will do to our club.

The government and insurance industry have let adult venue clubs & night clubs down diabolically and should be ashamed! We as clubs are just told to lend more money and get further in debt while closed at the order of the government We as a business have paid tax, VAT, national insurance & created jods for people!

When we need help we're told to get lost & shut down or lend more money until you can't lend anymore & go under

A p*ssed off club owners rant over!"

. The fact that you are a club owner and fear for the future of clubs tells me that there is a strong possibility more clubs will close down. I know in my area ( London ) Le Boudior moved to new premises just before Covid19 and have opened on Saturdays then closed and now open again on Saturdays from what I read on the forums.OP4F has yet to open hopefully it will remain as it’s my local club.Rios spa is yet to open but according to some on the forums could be closing permanently.Abfabs / Kestrels has yet to open going by the forums.Radlett I believe opened a few Saturdays ago but I believe it is now closed temporarily.

[Removed by poster at 26/09/20 19:44:43]

The reality is that adult swingers clubs & night clubs (which we are classed as) are one of the only sectors by law having to stay closed! My thoughts are tailored help from the government should be available to the forgotten sectors of the economy like ours.

How can it be demanded by Law you have to stay closed for what looks like over a year & be expected to pay business mortgages, rents, utilities, insurance, all the licences & professional bodies ect & pay all our own personal living cost's with NO turn over & NO financial help?

I can't emphasise how serious the present situation is for swingers clubs now. Some clubs have had to resort to doing fund raiser's & others have just give pages OTHERS HAVE CLOSED FOR GOOD!

The Loans from the government are useless to club's for many reasons but mainly because we have no set date to be able to open fully. It would saddle a club with long term unsustainable debts, business suicide.

We are doing the right thing staying closed, it's not much to ask for the government do the right thing by us!

Paul (Club Play Owner)

By *onty1971Man  over a year ago

London St Helier Trier

Sorry to the folks with a Club.

You are up the creek without a paddle and the vessel you are in is going from underneath you.

Some questions you may want to think on.

Do politicians care about Swinger Clubs?

Is the politicslnleadership competent enough to manage this?

Do you pay mortgage or rent?

Assume Vaccine end of 2021.

Do you think you can be led by Politicians out of the situation you are in?

If not and cash burning like never before. Pack up and start again post COVID19.

Harsh I know.

My job deals with different sectors of the Economy. If the business needs close contact to people which is not what anti COVID-19 measures need to work you are without hope from Lenders, Investors or Government. You will be left to fend for yourselves. Really sorry. There are heartbreaking decisions being made on video calls. It is so tough to deal with with afterwards when you hear the decision being explained. I have a sniff after many of these calls.

[Removed by poster at 26/09/20 21:11:51]

"Sorry to the folks with a Club.

You are up the creek without a paddle and the vessel you are in is going from underneath you.

Some questions you may want to think on.

Do politicians care about Swinger Clubs?

Is the politicslnleadership competent enough to manage this?

Do you pay mortgage or rent?

Assume Vaccine end of 2021.

Do you think you can be led by Politicians out of the situation you are in?

If not and cash burning like never before. Pack up and start again post COVID19.

Harsh I know.

My job deals with different sectors of the Economy. If the business needs close contact to people which is not what anti COVID-19 measures need to work you are without hope from Lenders, Investors or Government. You will be left to fend for yourselves. Really sorry. There are heartbreaking decisions being made on video calls. It is so tough to deal with with afterwards when you hear the decision being explained. I have a sniff after many of these calls."

I always amazes me how so called experts make statements like that without expertly looking into the sector they are commenting on.

Of course all constructive input is welcome & many a hard decision are going to have to be made by lots of club owners including ourselves. I can tell you that most clubs will fight to survive this and many of us have a lot financially & emotionally invested in our clubs & run clubs for little profits & for the swinging community we love.

To simplify it just as swingers club's is wrong, its all night clubs which most swingers clubs are classed as. Thats a big group you consigning to the business dust bin in you sweeping comments! I know the nightclubs & swingers club industry as a whole is going to the government about the current situation and we as an industry await a reply.

The insurance industry has been stocking not paying out on claims for binssness interruption insurance and needs holding to accountable, criminals in suits!

The government has just announced limited help for employees & self employed but nothing for the raft of business they have forced to close which is wrong morally. Club owner are people with Employees, mortgages and financial commitments like everyone else and should expected the same level of support, not left to the wolves.

Paul (Club Play Owner)

By *oDaveQuestSwingCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Well said Paul (Club Play) This

By *onty1971Man  over a year ago

London St Helier Trier

Yes I am no expert on Swinger clubs. I have a 'helicopter' view which is good for the broad sense but not detailed for a sector.

I appreciate what you wrote before and after my post. I am glad you are in the position that you own your site. Money is not flowing to any sector without a reopening. When Government announces reopening of a sector some funds flow there. Even then great businesses are shut as not enough comes in after reopening. I hope this insight helps contribute to decision making.

Where I sit we see a bloodbath coming in 2021 and 2022 due to the effects of COVID-19 and Brexit. Real Estate values are being marked down. Lenders don't like that. Rental income flows and dividends are shrinking. Money is being hoarded to invest later or preserved to keep some things going.

I get bitter when I see the numbers of redundancies as a result. I can imagine the personal cost and impact. See my posts on Mental Health. I have lost my job in the Great Financial Crash twice. This is and will be wider and harder. Like the 80's unemployment? I don't know. I don't want to go back to that misery.

So no I am not an expert. But I do see where the money goes. Not to nightclubs. You are / will be on your own. Sorry to say this.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"Yes I am no expert on Swinger clubs. I have a 'helicopter' view which is good for the broad sense but not detailed for a sector.

I appreciate what you wrote before and after my post. I am glad you are in the position that you own your site. Money is not flowing to any sector without a reopening. When Government announces reopening of a sector some funds flow there. Even then great businesses are shut as not enough comes in after reopening. I hope this insight helps contribute to decision making.

Where I sit we see a bloodbath coming in 2021 and 2022 due to the effects of COVID-19 and Brexit. Real Estate values are being marked down. Lenders don't like that. Rental income flows and dividends are shrinking. Money is being hoarded to invest later or preserved to keep some things going.

I get bitter when I see the numbers of redundancies as a result. I can imagine the personal cost and impact. See my posts on Mental Health. I have lost my job in the Great Financial Crash twice. This is and will be wider and harder. Like the 80's unemployment? I don't know. I don't want to go back to that misery.

So no I am not an expert. But I do see where the money goes. Not to nightclubs. You are / will be on your own. Sorry to say this."

Thanks for cheering us all up with your nonsense

Epsom, Surrey

"

Thanks for cheering us all up with your nonsense"

Unfortunately a lot of what he said is correct and good business advice. I do appreciate however that many club owners are emotionally attached to their operations and that will influence decisions. Every situation will be different I just hope that where possible clubs can survive and can navigate a way out of this crisis. Some will be able do this by themselves while others may have to sell or seek new investments.

By *EloveMan  over a year ago

the Pool of Life

"

So that's what you contribute to an, otherwise informative and relevant debate?

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Yes I am no expert on Swinger clubs. I have a 'helicopter' view which is good for the broad sense but not detailed for a sector.

So no I am not an expert. But I do see where the money goes. Not to nightclubs. You are / will be on your own. Sorry to say this.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I am certain you guys were amongst those saying that clubs were finished not so long ago?

[Removed by poster at 27/09/20 14:09:04]

So no I am not an expert. But I do see where the money goes. Not to nightclubs. You are / will be on your own. Sorry to say this."

I understand you are just trying to help but you probably picked the worse time to post your insights as most club owners & managers are just waking up to the reality of the task ahead to survive this pandemic. Most are scared for the future and a little angry at the minute with the insurance companies & government, its all a little raw shall we say.

Your correct money is not flowing, business likes what it thinks is certainty, we are far from that! If you couple Covid19 with brexit you have an economic storm that maybe fast become a hurricane on the horizon.

What is needed now for clubs, yes to have realistic outlook of the obstacles the pandemic have placed in our way but we need to be optimistic and try & find innovative solutions to survive until we can open again.

I believe personally you should always try to find a positive to build on in every situation no matter how impossible the situation seems. A little bit of light at the end of a tunnel means you are going in the right direction.

For me personally the postive things I drawn on so far are -

1) Swinger clubs are starting to work together more as a community and support each other and long may that continue.

2) We finally have a timeline of some kind to work towards opening again. Our take on the current situation is we need financially to survive until April - August next year and hopefully be open.

3) Asuming the pervious is correct then we can start looking at our business model and how it may have to adapt when we reopen.

4) We are using the time wisely to reduce costs to the bone ie, switching utilities even water & insurances. Turn phoneline & internet off at the club, cancel all subscriptions to regulatory bodies like the music or entertainment licences, checked for unwanted direct debits. If in a rented property try and arrange a rent holiday or reduction temporarily, try same if in a mortgaged property. I know most owners have already done all this but our task is to trying to bring our outgoings down to a bare minimum until we can reopen.

4) We have time to look at ways to raise money to help the business and us personally survive until we open again.

5) Club's get a lot of ware and tare and are hard to maintain decorating wise once open. We are spending time and very little money decorating & doing renovations to our club. Only cost outlay is material's, we are doing all the labour work ourselves and lucky to have few skills in those areas to use. It's for us a positive way to move forward and look to the future and gives us a purpose & something to do each day other than worry about everything and can't wait to open again.

Paul xxx

By *nob and KnockersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

I understand you are just trying to help but you probably picked the worse time to post your insights as most club owners & managers are just waking up to the reality of the task ahead to survive this pandemic. Most are scared for the future and a little angry at the minute with the insurance companies & government, its all a little raw shall we say.

Your correct money is not flowing, business likes what it thinks is certainty, we are far from that! If you couple Covid19 with brexit you have an economic storm that maybe fast become a hurricane on the horizon.

What is needed now for clubs, yes to have realistic outlook of the obstacles the pandemic have placed in our way but we need to be optimistic and try & find innovative solutions to survive until we can open again.

I believe personally you should always try to find a positive to build on in every situation no matter how impossible the situation seems. A little bit of light at the end of a tunnel means you are going in the right direction.

1) Swinger clubs are starting to work together more as a community and support each other and long may that continue.

2) We finally have a timeline of some kind to work towards opening again. Our take on the current situation is we need financially to survive until April - August next year and hopefully be open.

3) Asuming the pervious is correct then we can start looking at our business model and how it may have to adapt when we reopen.

4) We are using the time wisely to reduce costs to the bone ie, switching utilities even water & insurances. Turn phoneline & internet off at the club, cancel all subscriptions to regulatory bodies like the music or entertainment licences, checked for unwanted direct debits. If in a rented property try and arrange a rent holiday or reduction temporarily, try same if in a mortgaged property. I know most owners have already done all this but our task is to trying to bring our outgoings down to a bare minimum until we can reopen.

4) We have time to look at ways to raise money to help the business and us personally survive until we open again.

5) Club's get a lot of ware and tare and are hard to maintain decorating wise once open. We are spending time and very little money decorating & doing renovations to our club. Only cost outlay is material's, we are doing all the labour work ourselves and lucky to have few skills in those areas to use. It's for us a positive way to move forward and look to the future and gives us a purpose & something to do each day other than worry about everything and can't wait to open again.

Paul xxx "

A lot of time and thought has gone into that, truly hope you come through this. Sending love and positive vibes to you x

Epsom, Surrey

Well done Club Play. With that attitude you will be better prepared to weather the storm if things continue to stay closed. I do wish you luck and hopefully all the great work will pay dividends when its OK to open.

By *S SmilerTV/TS  over a year ago

Oxton, wirral

It's very sad what is happening. People are losing their lives, people losing their jobs and businesses going out of business.

Unless your business is essential, it's at risk.

That is the sad fact at this moment in time.

I don't wish anyone to go into debt, the problem is, nobody knows how long will it for this bastard thing to go away. Next week, next month, next year is etc. Why go into debt when you do not know when you can reopen.

I don't have the answers, wish I did. I have friends who own a club, vicky n Jimmy townhouse and I hope to see them once again standing behind the welcome desk with a big smile, happy to see me. I just don't advise anyone getting into debt because we don't have not have a timescale.

Sorry to all the club owners.

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey

Paul xxx "

By *lussize_linguistMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

The spa clubs are now carrying the baton.

Zeus, clover and Silverleigh. They can operate as normal, people just need to start supporting them.

By *horty4Man  over a year ago

london

"The spa clubs are now carrying the baton.

Zeus, clover and Silverleigh. They can operate as normal, people just need to start supporting them."

Zeus is a knocking shop, fine if you want to pay for an oily wank i suppose, personally i find that a pretty bleak way to spend a Saturday night.

By *lussize_linguistMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

That's just one aspect of it. Your not obliged to have an oily wank!!

It has nice facilities, private rooms n free soft drinks for a cheap price. I dont think you should look down at women that are trying to earn money doing massaging as most spas have this service!!

Extras arent solicited so not sure what your problem is??

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

The thing is, is not just the club itself that`s at risk. If the club goes, so does the business charge (LA) electricity, water, laundry, taxis, refuse, landlords (if rented) taxable incomes (PAYE VAT) food and drinks, alcohol licence and revenue from sales, permits, and the list goes on. And don`t forget, this is as well as fulong is paid or redundancies given!

By *horty4Man  over a year ago

london

"That's just one aspect of it. Your not obliged to have an oily wank!!

It has nice facilities, private rooms n free soft drinks for a cheap price. I dont think you should look down at women that are trying to earn money doing massaging as most spas have this service!!

Extras arent solicited so not sure what your problem is??"

I have zero issue with the women providing sexual services, in fact i wish them well. It’s not swinging, i find the idea of paying some one to tug my cock bleak. Hope thats clear

By *ornykatyWoman  over a year ago

London

.. i think its unfair to say u were forced to close... there is a pandemic where at a time close to 1000 people died everyday.. thd govt had to do something to stop people dying.. yes they might have made mistakes but saying u were forced to close is denying the obvious.. yea we understand its yr business etc but the overall health and safety of the citizens overides yr personal business... u were not forced to close... it was the right thing to do at these critical time... it was the right call to close clubs. Unfortunately it doesnt only affect u but the world. Saying u were forced to close is kinda selfish and seems to suggest u shouldnt have been closed and that u dont care bout the pandemic we all are in.

[Removed by poster at 28/09/20 03:33:11]

[Removed by poster at 28/09/20 03:34:06]

It's night clubs in general that are a worry and swinging clubs fall into that mixing pot. We all seem to be a forgotten entity!! The government are enforcing closure but not offering help I am part of the NTIA (Night Time Industries Association) and the whole industry is being left to flounder and the answer we get is, take a loan!!! Yeh thanks BoJo...our debt free business was doing great before you forced us to close and now you want us to get into debt up to our eyeballs because you can't sort your country out? Fuck you! .. i think its unfair to say u were forced to close... there is a pandemic where at a time close to 1000 people died everyday.. thd govt had to do something to stop people dying.. yes they might have made mistakes but saying u were forced to close is denying the obvious.. yea we understand its yr business etc but the overall health and safety of the citizens overides yr personal business... u were not forced to close... it was the right thing to do at these critical time... it was the right call to close clubs. Unfortunately it doesnt only affect u but the world. Saying u were forced to close is kinda selfish and seems to suggest u shouldnt have been closed and that u dont care bout the pandemic we all are in."

You are missing the point completely, our swinger club has been closed since the 14th of March as have other venues doing the right thing. So why are some swinger clubs closed and others open, because of two reasons -

1) Some clubs have taken the responsible decision to stay closed because they believe swingers & acholic in a pandemic dont mix even in a social capacity. I think we can all guess what probably been going on after the socail meetings back at hotels or homes.

2) It would cost more to open than stay closed with reduced capacity & only opening till 10pm. I am not suggesting we should be allowed to open later, thats just an economic point and fact you seem to be ignoring and implying we are all irresponsible clubs that are selfish.

The point is neither nightclubs or swinger clubs are receiving any help from the government and the insurance companies have shafted them.

I have no idea what Job you do but if your an employee or self employed the government is topping your wages up if your hours are reduced for the next 6 months while the pandemic is happening. So you have a safety net, clubs & nightclubs don't get that because they can't open on reduced hours, its just financial suicide.

A nightclub which many swingers clubs are by definition are night time business that can't operate if it can't open at night

All the industry is asking for is financial help (a safety net) like everyone else is getting until they can open again! That not selfish but sensible and will save clubs & nightclubs and 10's of thousands of jods in the long term.

Paul

By *he shaggersCouple  over a year ago

vancouver island

"I haven't been to Chameleons in Newport for several years now but it would be a real shame if Chams and other clubs around the country had to close and maybe never reopen. I'd miss the fun that I've had in swingers clubs in the past if they shut and never reopened

I don't think chams would close I think he owns the building just his rates he would have to find for the time being.....I might be wrong "

They would be in the same position as a lot of pubs were in after the 08 recession,forced to close but new ones would spring up after all this dies down

Birkenhead/Liverpool

It's night clubs in general that are a worry and swinging clubs fall into that mixing pot. We all seem to be a forgotten entity!! The government are enforcing closure but not offering help I am part of the NTIA (Night Time Industries Association) and the whole industry is being left to flounder and the answer we get is, take a loan!!! Yeh thanks BoJo...our debt free business was doing great before you forced us to close and now you want us to get into debt up to our eyeballs because you can't sort your country out? Fuck you! .. i think its unfair to say u were forced to close... there is a pandemic where at a time close to 1000 people died everyday.. thd govt had to do something to stop people dying.. yes they might have made mistakes but saying u were forced to close is denying the obvious.. yea we understand its yr business etc but the overall health and safety of the citizens overides yr personal business... u were not forced to close... it was the right thing to do at these critical time... it was the right call to close clubs. Unfortunately it doesnt only affect u but the world. Saying u were forced to close is kinda selfish and seems to suggest u shouldnt have been closed and that u dont care bout the pandemic we all are in."

You TOTALLY missed the point

» Add a new message to this topic