FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Could the lifestyle clubs just open as pubs?

Could the lifestyle clubs just open as pubs?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Such a terribly hard time for the clubs at the moment and and I know a couple of them have closed their doors completely (and some temporarily).

It might just be a bit of late night silly thinking, but would it be possible for the licenced clubs just to open as regular, (non lifestyle) establishments open to everybody.

I know obviously it's not the best time to be thinking about opening a new business, but is it something that could work to keep them afloat or would it take too much marketing and be too difficult to attract high Street pub goers?

It may not be a particularly good idea, I do have plenty that are falling into that pile, but I just thought I would put it out there to see what people thought.

I know some places are operating as lifestyle pubs, but of course that is a limited market so I was just trying to think of a way for others that have not found a way to do that being able to keep afloat during these uncertain times.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey

its a nice thought,just the licence laws

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Obviously, all licensed clubs have thought of this and those that can, have. For many, it's not financially viable to do so and that is why we haven't opened as such.

Let's put it this way. We LOSE less money closed, than we would if we opened as a reduced capacity pub

Xx

hiding from cock pics.

"Obviously, all licensed clubs have thought of this and those that can, have. For many, it's not financially viable to do so and that is why we haven't opened as such.

Let's put it this way. We LOSE less money closed, than we would if we opened as a reduced capacity pub

Xx"

I thought the ones that were open where open as lifestyle social places, I was just wondering if they could open to the general public. Of course I take your point on board that it could cost more to open then be closed.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Obviously, all licensed clubs have thought of this and those that can, have. For many, it's not financially viable to do so and that is why we haven't opened as such.

Xx

I thought the ones that were open where open as lifestyle social places, I was just wondering if they could open to the general public. Of course I take your point on board that it could cost more to open then be closed."

If they opened as pubs, they would probably lose members who don't want to out themselves as swingers to random nillas. You would get lots of piss takers who just want to nose around and say they've been to the club. Also a lot of clubs are in industrial/commercial areas across the country, purposely placing themselves off the beaten track. Not exactly great for passing trade.

Lastly, only a small minority of swingers clubs are licensed to sell alcohol. Most councils are not considering new licence applications at the moment and getting a premises licence is VERY difficult at the best of times xx

hiding from cock pics.

Xx

I thought the ones that were open where open as lifestyle social places, I was just wondering if they could open to the general public. Of course I take your point on board that it could cost more to open then be closed.

If they opened as pubs, they would probably lose members who don't want to out themselves as swingers to random nillas. You would get lots of piss takers who just want to nose around and say they've been to the club. Also a lot of clubs are in industrial/commercial areas across the country, purposely placing themselves off the beaten track. Not exactly great for passing trade.

Lastly, only a small minority of swingers clubs are licensed to sell alcohol. Most councils are not considering new licence applications at the moment and getting a premises licence is VERY difficult at the best of times xx

"

That makes total sense and thank you for taking the time to answer. It was my late night mind rambling, and trying to think of ways to support the industry as I'm sure like many others, I am worried.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Xx

That makes total sense and thank you for taking the time to answer. It was my late night mind rambling, and trying to think of ways to support the industry as I'm sure like many others, I am worried."

Hey,we will all welcome ideas and suggestions to help see us through!!!

By *itzimadCouple  over a year ago

harwich

part of the licensing laws will be for members only this was how lick got closed down as they advertised a night without the membership requirement

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"part of the licensing laws will be for members only this was how lick got closed down as they advertised a night without the membership requirement"

Our licence was initially members only but when we were closed in March, our licensing guys said they could amend our licence to be open to the general public but it just wasn't financially viable. Not all councils are as helpful though lol

» Add a new message to this topic