FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Gems

Gems

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exysnog58 OP   Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Has anyone heard whether gems will reopen ? It had a special vibe there sometimes.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I seen comments elsewhere on here that planning permission for houses is being sought.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Had some great weekends at Gems with friends. Sad that there wont be anymore

By *IREMAN SAM40Couple  over a year ago

Swanage and Wincanton

Estate Agents board outside the property indicating that its suitable for housing development. Owners took government £10k grant stating club would stay open. They should be made to pay back every penny as they knew before the grant was paid that the housing development was in the process of being applied for. Anyone else would be called a thief but the owner seems to be untouchable, probably because he thinks he is a well known gangster.

By *oveLife2Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"I seen comments elsewhere on here that planning permission for houses is being sought."

Looks like it, it is on Rightmove, search Rightmove: West Camel Somerset

It is a real shame, and some lovely people, particularly on a Wednesday,great hot tub too,though the videos were too mysongistic for my liking

By *un guy 2020Man  over a year ago

near you

Had 2 good visits nice club friendly and fun

Gems is a business, and how any business can stay viable with Zero income for 10 months is impossible. They still have rates, insurance and licences to pay for.

If it's sold for housing at least the subsoil has been well pounded.

I hope that when this second lockdown finishes they might be able to open before building start's as this all takes time for planning permission etc.

But I don't know how anyone can expect a business to survive without any income for 10 months, as a business that is forced to close because of government directives they are entitled for all the assistance the government is providing. Unfortunately they will not be the only business large and small that will not survive this lockdown.

A big thank you to all who made Gems a special sanctuary from the real world. I have many happy memories of Wednesday's spent there. Hopefully it will reopen before being a building site

By *orello-pieWoman  over a year ago

southwest

"I seen comments elsewhere on here that planning permission for houses is being sought.

Looks like it, it is on Rightmove, search Rightmove: West Camel Somerset

It is a real shame, and some lovely people, particularly on a Wednesday,great hot tub too,though the videos were too mysongistic for my liking"

Had some amazing Wednesday afternoons there , wink wink

I agree about the videos x

By *unpearCouple  over a year ago

bristol

Where exactly was it. Not sure if we went there

southwest

Yeovil x

By *9MuppetMan  over a year ago

Bath ish area

I thought the writing was on the wall when they reopened after the year long shutdown they were forced into over the planning dispute. Numbers never picked up when they reopened and certainly never matched pre-shutdown.

Shame as I really liked the place and met many great people there over the years.

Good News

I just spoke to the owners Gems is ready to reopen as soon as they are allowed to legally.

Yes the wedsite is down but as Ian said why keep it up when there's no possibility of being open.

He also said that the club has been aired and is all ready to open as soon as they can legally.

Great to hear some good news to end the week

southwest

[Removed by poster at 17/04/21 16:37:46]

» Add a new message to this topic