FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > isis

isis

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *artsnik OP   Couple  over a year ago

wortley

Really good night lots of nice frendly people in a good mix

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I love Isis it's really friendly has some great fun there I mainly do afternoons I used to love Sunday nights but not open now on a Sunday.I have been going since Isis opened.

I know it sound daft but the sign an,entrance put us off going in LOL

I heard it had closed, not been for

months. Needed a good clean up but friendly enough. Have they replaced the shackles on the wooden cross yet?!

wortley

We have been going a couple of months always been clean would not know about the cross lol

By *acciWoman  over a year ago

leeds

No still def open was there last night,was a good night. Great bunch of people in very chatty and friendly xx

By *cottishrichMan  over a year ago

Here and there

Damn, was going to go last night but the miserable weather put me off leaving the house. The past few times I've been Dave has been letting in too many single guys though, it was a bit of a cockfest last friday.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Damn, was going to go last night but the miserable weather put me off leaving the house. The past few times I've been Dave has been letting in too many single guys though, it was a bit of a cockfest last friday. "

Never is when I go. I asked him about that as I've noticed less and less single guys and he told me the limit was 6 single guys per couple. Having said that, I've never seen that many.

Bit of a shame as I would kill to go to a club where there are lots of single guys so I have people to play with, but it never seems to happen for me.

By *cottishrichMan  over a year ago

Here and there

"Damn, was going to go last night but the miserable weather put me off leaving the house. The past few times I've been Dave has been letting in too many single guys though, it was a bit of a cockfest last friday.

Never is when I go. I asked him about that as I've noticed less and less single guys and he told me the limit was 6 single guys per couple. Having said that, I've never seen that many.

Bit of a shame as I would kill to go to a club where there are lots of single guys so I have people to play with, but it never seems to happen for me."

Maybe I've just been going on the wrong nights then.

wortley

also we meet a really nice couple in there think they mistake us for someone else as they said we where on there frends list the guys name was neil i think is this you help

its a dump

leeds

Its not a dump at all

By *ardeninedenCouple  over a year ago

Hull

We think ISIS disappeared off the club listings on here a little while ago.

We have never been to the club but reading the old reviews it seemed a bit like MARMITE. You either loved it or hated it.

Buddies attracts the same type of love it or hate it reviews.

We like reading the reviews of all the clubs but when we are ready we visit ourselves and make our own mind up

"We like reading the reviews of all the clubs but when we are ready we visit ourselves and make our own mind up

"

I think thats the only way people can form an honest opinion of any club. What I like, someone else might not.

isis is def not a dump its a smallish place, but always clean with really good people there!!!!

leeds

I spy you there last night lol

"isis is def not a dump its a smallish place, but always clean with really good people there!!!!"

Oh come on, it needs a face lift! They'd supposedly decorated a couple of years ago but the mural thing is out of date & it's very clicky. It's great for somewhere to go for a lunchtime quickie though!

leeds

Just because a place need decorating doesnt make it a dump. Its simple if you dnt like it dont go

"Just because a place need decorating doesnt make it a dump. Its simple if you dnt like it dont go"

Do you have shares in it?!

leeds

No i dnt,just think the place gets a rough ride. Ive always found clean tidy n very freindly

there is one thing isis is not and that is clicky lol x

Thing is, you may nit have found it clicky, but I did. Someone else nay nit think it needs updating, I do. Like _acci says if you don't like it, don't go, if you do then do!

I've had some great nights in there & always found the staff brilliant but the last couple of times I went I found the clientele a little...hmmm...below par perhaps

Apologies for the spelling there, fingers don't work the phone after the vino

Yeah its my favourite club but even I think it could do with a lick of paint. The seats in the public area are still good though.

"its a dump"

wortley

Def not a dump and not clicky was prob needs a lick of paint but very clean and very friendly we where made to feel welcome from day 1 fab people that go in there yes a lot of people do know each other but do welcome in new people suppose if you just went in and sat in a corner and looked unapproachable then it might seam clicky

"Damn, was going to go last night but the miserable weather put me off leaving the house. The past few times I've been Dave has been letting in too many single guys though, it was a bit of a cockfest last friday.

Bit of a shame as I would kill to go to a club where there are lots of single guys so I have people to play with, but it never seems to happen for me."

You are joking serious or not? 6 guys to a couple, so when there 3 couples in there you have to cope with 18 single guys...sorry but no good club does that..

I went for the first time on fri night, I'd never been to a club before..... It was full of friendly people and didn't feel uncomfortable at all.... Will definitely be going again...!!!

wortley

It never gets to 6 guys on saturday there was about there was about 12 couples and about 8 single guys and most of the clubs have a policy of at least 4 to 6 single guys per couple. Or single ladies don't forget they are some greedy girls out there

"It never gets to 6 guys on saturday there was about there was about 12 couples and about 8 single guys and most of the clubs have a policy of at least 4 to 6 single guys per couple. Or single ladies don't forget they are some greedy girls out there "

Don't know which clubs you mean but most good clubs limit the single guys even on mixed nights... Sorry but 6 guys to a couple is an immediate put off..Might work one day if there are more couples then single men but if it's 2 / 3 cpls sorry way too much...

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

"It never gets to 6 guys on saturday there was about there was about 12 couples and about 8 single guys and most of the clubs have a policy of at least 4 to 6 single guys per couple. Or single ladies don't forget they are some greedy girls out there

Don't know which clubs you mean but most good clubs limit the single guys even on mixed nights... Sorry but 6 guys to a couple is an immediate put off..Might work one day if there are more couples then single men but if it's 2 / 3 cpls sorry way too much..."

I understand what you mean, but I have to say I'd love to know how this works in practice. I've been to quite a few clubs, though at this time not Isis, and while each club may well be operating a singles to couples ratio, I've never yet been turned away from any club. I can think of quite a few when I have entered that at the time I went in there was a lot of single guys in, I suspect most clubs work on the basis of X number of couples normally turn up on a Fruday night for example so it'll balance itself out

By *ich_shadiwMan  over a year ago

Barnsley

"Def not a dump and not clicky was prob needs a lick of paint but very clean and very friendly we where made to feel welcome from day 1 fab people that go in there yes a lot of people do know each other but do welcome in new people suppose if you just went in and sat in a corner and looked unapproachable then it might seam clicky"

The ones in the corners looking unapproachable are the new ones to the club scene or it's there way to first try out swinging. Aproach them chat to them make them feel welcome and reassure them let them know even though your chatting there under no obligation to play. Do you remember your first time and visit???

wortley

partners cupids to name just a couple but what you have to remember is that on a night where it is mixed you will have some couples and greedy girls that like to go with several differant men in 1 night i do belive this would put some couples off if you where just wanting to meet couples but you have to cater for every one the important thing is that the guys are non pushy and dont follow you around like storkers i belive all clubs should have 1 night where it is couples only though so those that dont want to meet single guys and just couples can

wortley

"Def not a dump and not clicky was prob needs a lick of paint but very clean and very friendly we where made to feel welcome from day 1 fab people that go in there yes a lot of people do know each other but do welcome in new people suppose if you just went in and sat in a corner and looked unapproachable then it might seam clicky

The ones in the corners looking unapproachable are the new ones to the club scene or it's there way to first try out swinging. Aproach them chat to them make them feel welcome and reassure them let them know even though your chatting there under no obligation to play. Do you remember your first time and visit???"

yes know what you meen but there is just no talking to some people we was just the same our first visit sat on our own in isis but not for long people coming over to chat and made us feel very at ease but some people act as though you should not even approched them for a chat if you know what i mean

"partners cupids to name just a couple but what you have to remember is that on a night where it is mixed you will have some couples and greedy girls that like to go with several differant men in 1 night i do belive this would put some couples off if you where just wanting to meet couples but you have to cater for every one the important thing is that the guys are non pushy and dont follow you around like storkers i belive all clubs should have 1 night where it is couples only though so those that dont want to meet single guys and just couples can"

Sorry that still doesn't excuse ratio 6 guys to one couple... been to Greedy nights and the clubs holding these made certain that there was still a "normal" limit... That ratio is way too much... it's our opinion and from what we have seen in clubs think most will agree on that... Especially we are talking here of a very small club with limited space and no possibilities to "run" from single guys when it gets too much... But each to their opinion

wortley

thing is in there as stated all non pushy and it never gets to 6 anyway it is usally more couples than single guys on saturday while we where there about 12 couples and only 8 single guys and everyone that does go there they all say that they are happy with the ratio its just a top limit if it ever does get to that stage i know partners operate a 6 top limit as well get told by owners but it never gets like that

having read this thread carefully, the 6 single guys to 1 couple is off putting to us, so next week while were in leeds we,ll just hope for some fun in our hotel!

wortley

"having read this thread carefully, the 6 single guys to 1 couple is off putting to us, so next week while were in leeds we,ll just hope for some fun in our hotel!"

like stated earlyer it never is like that saturday between 9 and 11.30 about 12 couples and only 8 single guys and 3 single females

"having read this thread carefully, the 6 single guys to 1 couple is off putting to us, so next week while were in leeds we,ll just hope for some fun in our hotel!

like stated earlyer it never is like that saturday between 9 and 11.30 about 12 couples and only 8 single guys and 3 single females"

Yep, never known it to be maxed out single guy wise. 6 is the most allowed, not the least.

And anyone who thinks other clubs don't have similar limits, or no limit at all, is probably being a bit niaive. The main thing that restricts single guy attendance is the admission price. But if people want to miss out on a friendly club, no skin off my nose. All the more for me!

"having read this thread carefully, the 6 single guys to 1 couple is off putting to us, so next week while were in leeds we,ll just hope for some fun in our hotel!"

Check out Cocoaflex, although I don't think they limit anyone. Its a smaller venue though - more like a private party.

were not in Leeeds Sat night guys, in a week as stated, but thanks for the info, much appreciated

we was told it was 3 single men per couple but it a good night very friendly and lots of naughty fun

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

even to an experience club goer as a single male, when I saw the 6 to 1 ratio, I went

a greedy girl night I "could" just about see that... but for any other night I certainly would have my reservations about going

"a greedy girl night I "could" just about see that... but for any other night I certainly would have my reservations about going"

Each to their own. I actually think it's not enough.

Do you get many couples there for the cross dressing afternoons on a Thursday..?

wortley

never been but being told it is busy

Ok if you own a swingers club and you open the doors at say 8 your first 6 customers are single guys what do you,do you turn them away hoping your next 6 customers are couples I don't think so.

I will tell you when I have gone as a single guy and there has been a few guys in Dave has told me its quiet no couples or even said not today as too many singles.Also it is a business he is running where is his income from ?

By *eow-meowMan  over a year ago

leeds

We went for the last hr on sat afternoon it wasnt too busy but a great friendly bunch...it was our 1st time at a clun and was told it was better on the evenings ... with that we returned at night time and we have to say the ppl there were great very friendly and we had a great night and made friends ,,,we will deffo be going back

Well I've been once and don't get me wrong the staff was friendly and really nice but just must of picked a bad night there were lots and I mean lots of men and everyone of them tried to pester me into sex including one staff member. But I still would go again, well not on my own though. I'm a smoker and the smoke room was awful made me choke going in think that should change into another playroom and let the smokers outside.

"having read this thread carefully, the 6 single guys to 1 couple is off putting to us, so next week while were in leeds we,ll just hope for some fun in our hotel!

even to an experience club goer as a single male, when I saw the 6 to 1 ratio, I went

a greedy girl night I "could" just about see that... but for any other night I certainly would have my reservations about going"

So agrees with u ! Am sorry but again repeat what said other better clubs have a limit, they want to have couples and other singles back again and not "scared off" by a mass of single guys.. Understand that some are sticking up for their "club", but let's be honest 6 guys per couple is a no go ...

wortley

a greedy girl night I "could" just about see that... but for any other night I certainly would have my reservations about going

So agrees with u ! Am sorry but again repeat what said other better clubs have a limit, they want to have couples and other singles back again and not "scared off" by a mass of single guys.. Understand that some are sticking up for their "club", but let's be honest 6 guys per couple is a no go ..."

dont know which clubs you on about but most have a 6 limit as mentiond before and as i have said that is a maximum and never gets like that but all the clubs up north have between 4 and 6 policy they might not advertise it but they do exept on couples night etc

Then sorry we have been to the "most" clubs in the North and the two we are thinking of keep to the policy of not too many guys especially one club we go to... We are not make this into an advert for clubs and said it's our opinion that 6 guys to 1 cpl is too much... That is our opinion and what we said... To the last bit a couples night is a couples night where no single guys are let in very simple and am not discussing that...

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Then sorry we have been to the "most" clubs in the North and the two we are thinking of keep to the policy of not too many guys especially one club we go to... We are not make this into an advert for clubs and said it's our opinion that 6 guys to 1 cpl is too much... That is our opinion and what we said... To the last bit a couples night is a couples night where no single guys are let in very simple and am not discussing that... "

I was going to add that ratio that was used certainly would not apply to any of the clubs in the north east on a night other than a greedy girl night....

on mixed nights they wouldn't let anywhere near that ratio in.... and on the special party saturday nights the ratios would actually be the other way round..

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

"Ok if you own a swingers club and you open the doors at say 8 your first 6 customers are single guys what do you,do you turn them away hoping your next 6 customers are couples I don't think so.

I will tell you when I have gone as a single guy and there has been a few guys in Dave has told me its quiet no couples or even said not today as too many singles.Also it is a business he is running where is his income from ?"

Not turning guys away, well yes they do. Letting everyone in - This is NOT what good clubs do on a mixed night. How a good club operates their policy is as follows. They will limit their numbers on their mixed night (Especially if its Saturday) to normally between 6 and 12 single men. How this is done to ensure the ratio is correct is by advanced booking. In other words, yes any single men who just turn up will be refused entry and have their money turned away. And yes this does make good business sense, because if you go to a club for the first time and your told the ratio will be good and the venue not over run with singles, and you turn up and this is not the case, then you will never go there again, its that simple. This then has a knock on effect, the more men you let in, the more over run the club is, the less couples feel comfortable, the less go. Then the single men get pissed off because they go and no one is there for them to play with, so all the intelligent single guys vote with their wallet and go somewhere else. Then anyone who actually goes to said club is pounced upon by the single membership that still goes in hope of getting a shag, those people then leave as well and you watch the club die and it has a good chance of closing down. We know what we are talking about here because several clubs have closed for exactly this reason and others have had to change their door policy in order to combat complaints they were receiving. So yes a good ratio policy makes good business sense and we would agree, unless its a greedy girls / gang bang night, which is naturally going to appeal to people who want that, then 6 to 1 is to high.

Club F on Saturday and Ourplace4fun both operate mixed nights and their ratio is no where near as high as this, its more like 2 to 1. These clubs are both very sucessful and have packed out mixed Saturday nights, so you might want to ask yourself why that is the case.

We have gone a little off topic here, the original post was about Isis here, but someone asked us to comment on this specific issue, so we read the discussion and did so.

Isis is a friendly little club - any comparison to some of the larger venues is a little pointless, its not that type of club and couldn't hope to compete. Does this mean people won't like it? No. Does it mean its more likely to appeal to locals than those whom have been to several of the more popular venues around the country, probably as its obviously going to suffer by comparison. Is it friendly and well run, yes definately. There is a place for small well run clubs on the scene and they know best what their own local market is and that's who they have to appeal to as its going to be their primary clientle. The only real way to know if its for you is to go and check it out. And yes we have been there.

"Ok if you own a swingers club and you open the doors at say 8 your first 6 customers are single guys what do you,do you turn them away hoping your next 6 customers are couples I don't think so.

I will tell you when I have gone as a single guy and there has been a few guys in Dave has told me its quiet no couples or even said not today as too many singles.Also it is a business he is running where is his income from ?

Not turning guys away, well yes they do. Letting everyone in - This is NOT what good clubs do on a mixed night. How a good club operates their policy is as follows. They will limit their numbers on their mixed night (Especially if its Saturday) to normally between 6 and 12 single men. How this is done to ensure the ratio is correct is by advanced booking. In other words, yes any single men who just turn up will be refused entry and have their money turned away. And yes this does make good business sense, because if you go to a club for the first time and your told the ratio will be good and the venue not over run with singles, and you turn up and this is not the case, then you will never go there again, its that simple. This then has a knock on effect, the more men you let in, the more over run the club is, the less couples feel comfortable, the less go. Then the single men get pissed off because they go and no one is there for them to play with, so all the intelligent single guys vote with their wallet and go somewhere else. Then anyone who actually goes to said club is pounced upon by the single membership that still goes in hope of getting a shag, those people then leave as well and you watch the club die and it has a good chance of closing down. We know what we are talking about here because several clubs have closed for exactly this reason and others have had to change their door policy in order to combat complaints they were receiving. So yes a good ratio policy makes good business sense and we would agree, unless its a greedy girls / gang bang night, which is naturally going to appeal to people who want that, then 6 to 1 is to high.

Club F on Saturday and Ourplace4fun both operate mixed nights and their ratio is no where near as high as this, its more like 2 to 1. These clubs are both very sucessful and have packed out mixed Saturday nights, so you might want to ask yourself why that is the case.

We have gone a little off topic here, the original post was about Isis here, but someone asked us to comment on this specific issue, so we read the discussion and did so.

Isis is a friendly little club - any comparison to some of the larger venues is a little pointless, its not that type of club and couldn't hope to compete. Does this mean people won't like it? No. Does it mean its more likely to appeal to locals than those whom have been to several of the more popular venues around the country, probably as its obviously going to suffer by comparison. Is it friendly and well run, yes definately. There is a place for small well run clubs on the scene and they know best what their own local market is and that's who they have to appeal to as its going to be their primary clientle. The only real way to know if its for you is to go and check it out. And yes we have been there."

it is a smaller place yes and because of this its very socail with a great crowd

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

Isis is a friendly little club - any comparison to some of the larger venues is a little pointless, its not that type of club and couldn't hope to compete. Does this mean people won't like it? No. Does it mean its more likely to appeal to locals than those whom have been to several of the more popular venues around the country, probably as its obviously going to suffer by comparison. Is it friendly and well run, yes definately. There is a place for small well run clubs on the scene and they know best what their own local market is and that's who they have to appeal to as its going to be their primary clientle. The only real way to know if its for you is to go and check it out. And yes we have been there."

That's a very interesting outline of how clubs run.

Thinking in terms of all the clubs in and around Manchester, Townhouse on Wirral, Atlantis in Stoke and Chams and Xtasia around Birmingham, none of what you have stated seems to apply with the sole exception of Townhouse which does exactly what you state, infact they go a step further I believe in that a single guy needs to have attended for several weeks during the week before they are allowed to attend on a Friday/Saturday night.

Xtasia/Chams & Atlants all operate couples only on Sat nights therefore completely stopping single males entering and to my knowledge Partners/Cupids/Adam & Eves/Liaisons all allow any male who turns up and pays his money on the night to gain admittance, with the exception of the couples nights some of the clubs run during the week. The No 3 club in Chorley I am unsure of what there policy is.

Sorry this has drifted off Isis but it is relevant to the quoted post.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Thinking in terms of all the clubs in and around Manchester, Townhouse on Wirral, Atlantis in Stoke and Chams and Xtasia around Birmingham, none of what you have stated seems to apply with the sole exception of Townhouse which does exactly what you state, infact they go a step further I believe in that a single guy needs to have attended for several weeks during the week before they are allowed to attend on a Friday/Saturday night.

"

going to drift back off isis for two seconds.. lol

the way that club F do it is almost the same then as the Townhouse were as a single guy you have to attend a few times on a wed/fri night before they will even suggest you try a saturday night, and even then the thing they say is that it is a completely different night....

i am going to try isis at some point, but the ratio's thing has really made me think twice about whether it is going to be for me.. so you could say that it has put it further on the backburner....

London

Just to clarify, this was a comment on clubs who specifically run a MIXED NIGHT ON SATURDAYS sucessfully and is completely accurate in that context. We are well aware of the clubs who runs Couples Only nights on Saturdays and those that do not and have been to all the clubs you have mentioned. I think you misinterpreted our post slightly, we were only talking about the clubs that run MIXED nights on a SATURDAY and how those that do it, do it sucessfully and still appeal to couples to go, those same couples still wouldn't go to the club on say a Friday where the ratio is not so controlled (Which its not, both again at Ourplace4fun and Club F to keep in context of the examples we used)

The reason we didn't mention Partners, Liasons, Cupids and Adam and Eves is for the reason you stated, that their policy is different, they allow which ever members to turn up, though some venues have a policy where new members must come in during the week first before they are allowed on Saturdays. (Cupids does this to now I seem to recall) Common complaints of all of the above clubs from numerous people, including the people on our team who went to review them was the 'Wolf Pack mentality' of men following them around constantly, limited if any conversation ability and men constantly approaching the female as soon as the male went to the loo or bar. That doesn't mean that those venues didn't have their good points, but the only one that rates over 3 stars for us is Cupids. With the exception of Cupids, the other three venues all have their business way down from what it was several years ago and are struggling for numbers (Not unique to them) there are a variety of reasons for this not least of which is the current financial climate, but another is people gravitate towards the club that they feel they will get the most sucessful night from. Regulars at all of the above venues have stated that numbers are down, but those three they are way down. If the ultimate question here is does an open door policy for singles on a club make good sense the answer is no, does it make sense to offer different members the different things they want on different nights, of course because everyone is looking for something different. Does a bad door policy effect the business and reputation of your club, yes it does. Does the door policy mould the type of clientle that are going to come there, absolutely. As do the facilities on offer.

We were at CHAMS very recently over a long weekend, we've been before many times and it was the quietest Sunday we have ever seen there and people remarked that now apart from Fridays and Saturdays and bank holiday Sundays, the numbers were a shadow of their formerselves, yet Chams has a waiting list of over 100 single men waiting to join. Why? Because its good practise. You let them all join tomorrow, you might benifit from the income in the short term, but you will loose it in the long term.

Once people have decided a club is not for them, they rarely if ever go back. Chams knows this, so do other good clubs. So you appeal to the widest selection of people possible, knowing your local market and catchment area, and within the limits of the facilities you have to offer and target accordingly, you look after your members, rewards your regulars and make sure new patrons do not put off or tarnish your exsisting customer base, you keep reinventing and re-investing - that is how (good) clubs are run.

Isis is a friendly little club - any comparison to some of the larger venues is a little pointless, its not that type of club and couldn't hope to compete. Does this mean people won't like it? No. Does it mean its more likely to appeal to locals than those whom have been to several of the more popular venues around the country, probably as its obviously going to suffer by comparison. Is it friendly and well run, yes definately. There is a place for small well run clubs on the scene and they know best what their own local market is and that's who they have to appeal to as its going to be their primary clientle. The only real way to know if its for you is to go and check it out. And yes we have been there.

Xtasia/Chams & Atlants all operate couples only on Sat nights therefore completely stopping single males entering and to my knowledge Partners/Cupids/Adam & Eves/Liaisons all allow any male who turns up and pays his money on the night to gain admittance, with the exception of the couples nights some of the clubs run during the week. The No 3 club in Chorley I am unsure of what there policy is.

Sorry this has drifted off Isis but it is relevant to the quoted post."

Think before people start writing things it should be researched or even visited.

Partners has for single guys a membership requirement and that membership is revoked, if there is trouble caused and a ban is placed for life.. no single guys are allowed in on Thursdays and Sundays....on Saturdays its' a maximum of 30 single guys and then it's " a sorry we are full policy" ...

The whole issue of our reply, was the 6 to 1 ratio... and our reply was a personal feeling, that is a big put off..

Just think you a couple and there are 6 guys standing around you.. a put off for most couples and as one reply pointed out; then the single guys are put off as they don't get anything either... It is different if it is a greedy night, but then most clubs post these on events and other requirements count for that specific night...

"Just to clarify, this was a comment on clubs who specifically run a MIXED NIGHT ON SATURDAYS sucessfully and is completely accurate in that context. We are well aware of the clubs who runs Couples Only nights on Saturdays and those that do not and have been to all the clubs you have mentioned. I think you misinterpreted our post slightly, we were only talking about the clubs that run MIXED nights on a SATURDAY and how those that do it, do it sucessfully and still appeal to couples to go, those same couples still wouldn't go to the club on say a Friday where the ratio is not so controlled (Which its not, both again at Ourplace4fun and Club F to keep in context of the examples we used)

The reason we didn't mention Partners, Liasons, Cupids and Adam and Eves is for the reason you stated, that their policy is different, they allow which ever members to turn up, though some venues have a policy where new members must come in during the week first before they are allowed on Saturdays. (Cupids does this to now I seem to recall) Common complaints of all of the above clubs from numerous people, including the people on our team who went to review them was the 'Wolf Pack mentality' of men following them around constantly, limited if any conversation ability and men constantly approaching the female as soon as the male went to the loo or bar. That doesn't mean that those venues didn't have their good points, but the only one that rates over 3 stars for us is Cupids. With the exception of Cupids, the other three venues all have their business way down from what it was several years ago and are struggling for numbers (Not unique to them) there are a variety of reasons for this not least of which is the current financial climate, but another is people gravitate towards the club that they feel they will get the most sucessful night from. Regulars at all of the above venues have stated that numbers are down, but those three they are way down. If the ultimate question here is does an open door policy for singles on a club make good sense the answer is no, does it make sense to offer different members the different things they want on different nights, of course because everyone is looking for something different. Does a bad door policy effect the business and reputation of your club, yes it does. Does the door policy mould the type of clientle that are going to come there, absolutely. As do the facilities on offer.

We were at CHAMS very recently over a long weekend, we've been before many times and it was the quietest Sunday we have ever seen there and people remarked that now apart from Fridays and Saturdays and bank holiday Sundays, the numbers were a shadow of their formerselves, yet Chams has a waiting list of over 100 single men waiting to join. Why? Because its good practise. You let them all join tomorrow, you might benifit from the income in the short term, but you will loose it in the long term.

Once people have decided a club is not for them, they rarely if ever go back. Chams knows this, so do other good clubs. So you appeal to the widest selection of people possible, knowing your local market and catchment area, and within the limits of the facilities you have to offer and target accordingly, you look after your members, rewards your regulars and make sure new patrons do not put off or tarnish your exsisting customer base, you keep reinventing and re-investing - that is how (good) clubs are run.

Just to add to this; am sorry but don't want to get into "who is best"; but Partners has no problems with people coming in on Thursdays/Saturdays or Sundays nights (example last Sunday 20 couples and 2 single girls)... The others are not in the same league due to negation and lack of facilities. On Cupids can not comment as they are renovating the whole club, but due to past experience will not go because to the wolf pack hounding us in there...

"

By *llie349Man  over a year ago

LEEDS W.Yorks

I have been going to Isis for a few months (not as often as I would like)I have found it to be clean and the people that go there have always been fun to be with. I have met a few couples there who I have enjoed playing with. I will be going to Isis again soon and hope to see those lovley people again.

London

Leeds Couple we completely agree, it can and is very off putting, even more so for newbies who are not experienced on the scene.

We have been to Partners btw, but some time ago now. (Though people on the review team were there as recently as last week)

u should all take in what _lubpartypeeps say on here,,we know there suvverners,(soz guys)..weve been most clubs in the country , but what they write is total sense

London

Well I am Danish and she is African, so not sure what that counts as

By *ykoCouple  over a year ago

york

We have being a few times and had a good time when we have being lot of pepole slag it off but you dont know till you try

I've been in and was a good night friendly people

» Add a new message to this topic