FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > 4th April back to normal

4th April back to normal

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *weetnjuicycouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

If it happens that is - according to sky news

That’s actually made us kinda excited

Xxx

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *estSussexCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Crawley

Oh my god lets hope so....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If it happens that is - according to sky news

Xxx"

Would be SO good

By *athan 123Man  over a year ago

rochdale oldham border

I really hope so

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

So everyone will be vaccinated by 3rd April ?

By *man91Man  over a year ago

Manchester

I am looking forward to attending a few orgies when things go back to normal.

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

That would be an awesome birthday present!

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

That's a very specific date. So we all wake up on the 4th and the world is back to normal? What do they base this theory on?

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

Love it when these news channels just pluck something out of the air and then peddle it to the gullible who think it's true

Leeds

Every since the first lockdown in March we keep getting drip fed a date in the near future when everything will be back to normal. Remember when we were told everything would be normal by Christmas if we behaved in the first lockdown ?

By *hades Of GreyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"

That's a very specific date. So we all wake up on the 4th and the world is back to normal? What do they base this theory on?

"

April 4th 2021 just happens to be Easter Sunday. So, rather than just say 'by Easter' Sky have put a date to it. Fingers crossed anyway!

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

More social control

By *itzimadCouple  over a year ago

harwich

i think that prediction is based on both the vaccines being available and the use of mass testing

mass testing is the first method that appears to work as it removes the majority of asymptomatics from the population at large

By *eachy123Woman  over a year ago

Rochdale/Manchester/Blackpool and were ever the mood takes me

All they are doing is giving you another date to look forward to in your head as it's always a few months apart these days rather than say well we.dont know so then your lead everyone can behave it's like the time out step

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Over a year, longest 3wks to flatten the curve ever. 64,000 died of flu in January 2018, more than whole 2020, nothing shutdown then

By *kexpatMan  over a year ago

kingston

"

April 4th 2021 just happens to be Easter Sunday. So, rather than just say 'by Easter' Sky have put a date to it. Fingers crossed anyway!"

If that is Easter Sunday, then Mondya 5th is a Bank Holiday and then first working day is the 6th Appril, which just so happens to be the start of the tax/fiscal year. Very convienient for the Government to pick that day

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

That would be great as my birthday is on the 9th of April

By *urrey Dave 69Man  over a year ago

Epsom, Surrey

It won't be "back to normal" anytime in 2021 or possibly 2022. The virus won't be eradicated completely or more importantly people's attitude towards the possibility of catching it that will not change that quickly.

Things will start improving next year and April/May would seem a reasonable estimate.

I cant imagine for one minute a date being set in stone for when life gets back to what we know as normal.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

Xxx"

That's not what was said at all. Actually what Boris said yesterday is that he expects the tier system in place at least until Easter, which surely goes without saying. We don't know the rollout timetable of vaccinations, supply uptake, delays, success etc so if anyone thinks we will see the end of social distancing in 2021, I suspect they are going to be very disappointed

By *athan 123Man  over a year ago

rochdale oldham border

Xxx"

Me too means only one thing fun fun fun

By *ticky 69Man  over a year ago

Stirling

But it was originally supposed to 'back to normal' by last summer, them this Christmas. The date just keeps receding into the future because no-one, not the experts, and certsinly neither the politicians or the press, have a clue.

Leeds

"

April 4th 2021 just happens to be Easter Sunday. So, rather than just say 'by Easter' Sky have put a date to it. Fingers crossed anyway!

If that is Easter Sunday, then Mondya 5th is a Bank Holiday and then first working day is the 6th Appril, which just so happens to be the start of the tax/fiscal year. Very convienient for the Government to pick that day

"

WTF!!??

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

"Over a year, longest 3wks to flatten the curve ever. 64,000 died of flu in January 2018, more than whole 2020, nothing shutdown then "

Not like for like. If you look at the predicted models of deaths that would have occurred if we carried on as normal then the deaths in 2020 would have been huge, in the millions (although the model also suggests the virus would have burnt out by now). So surely the resultant lower numbers of death in 2020 show that these measures have worked to prevent many deaths?

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

I just hope the highways agency are prepared for the carnage at J9 M6 on the day Chameleons reopens?

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

"Every since the first lockdown in March we keep getting drip fed a date in the near future when everything will be back to normal. Remember when we were told everything would be normal by Christmas if we behaved in the first lockdown ?"

But people didn't behave in the first lockdown which is why this is still rumbling on

Early April is very optimistic; the vaccines are still pre-approval and pre-production. That said, they are mobilising people to deliver the vaccine; St John staff have been contacted and some retired nurses as well.

I have a feeling mid-May will be when we have enough mass vaccination completed to return to normal

nottingham

"I just hope the highways agency are prepared for the carnage at J9 M6 on the day Chameleons reopens?"

Ohhh for that day xx

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

Eve of the new tax year to coincide with tax hikes ?

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 03/12/20 23:29:34]

Blackpool

I'm trying to be positive about things getting better

By *andAukCouple  over a year ago

leeds

We heard the date was 1st of April... Oh wait hangon??

How many of you will get this vaccine? Does anyone know the side effects say 10years from now? No? Well I’m just saying think about before injecting and stay safe peeps

Leeds

"

How many of you will get this vaccine? Does anyone know the side effects say 10years from now? No? Well I’m just saying think about before injecting and stay safe peeps

"

The side effect may be that you're still alive!

By *nob and KnockersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

You go ahead and wait ten years then.....60,000 dead in less than a year think we will be having the vaccine and trust the science rather than Dan from Facebook

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

We were 2 weeks away from our first club visit when this whole thing started. Fingers crossed!

I saw an interview with Prof of Meds at Oxford heading up their vaccine. It was his opinion that it would take until April until enough people had been vacinated for things to return to normal ie no masks no social distancing. But he certainly didnt give a specific day or date. He sounded as if he did know what he was talking about. So eering on caution Im working towards it being more like May when full contact establishments will be freely open. Still a hell of a long time.

nottingham

Ohh we so so hope that’s what happens

Really missing some play xx

By *nob and KnockersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

We have all just got to keep positive and hope x

By *ude boy 2017Man  over a year ago

Bolton

Let's all hope this is right

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Every since the first lockdown in March we keep getting drip fed a date in the near future when everything will be back to normal. Remember when we were told everything would be normal by Christmas if we behaved in the first lockdown ?"

Lol ... back in March some people on here where convinced the clubs would reopen in august ..august 2021 might be more realistic. .

By *arc and KamaCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Does not matter if 4th or 6th or even May. I think a holiday prices will be astronomical

nottingham

Going to predict 1st May for clubs reopening

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

I say we are looking at another 12 months. Government departments can't build roads with out a delay let alone a UK roll out of vaccine, HS2 will be up and running before it a hot sexy club night.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

"I say we are looking at another 12 months. Government departments can't build roads with out a delay let alone a UK roll out of vaccine, HS2 will be up and running before it a hot sexy club night."

I’d say you are about right. We have to get everybody vaccinated first and then get the infection rate low enough before a great deal changes. A lot might depend on how many get vaccinated. If the percentage isn’t high enough we could be waiting a lot longer.

"Every since the first lockdown in March we keep getting drip fed a date in the near future when everything will be back to normal. Remember when we were told everything would be normal by Christmas if we behaved in the first lockdown ?

Lol ... back in March some people on here where convinced the clubs would reopen in august ..august 2021 might be more realistic. .

"

Well we know people that went to clubs in August, September and we went in October. So those people were right weren’t they.

harrow

"Every since the first lockdown in March we keep getting drip fed a date in the near future when everything will be back to normal. Remember when we were told everything would be normal by Christmas if we behaved in the first lockdown ?

Well we know people that went to clubs in August, September and we went in October. So those people were right weren’t they. "

Some were open for socials only . They won’t be opening for play for a very long time. This time next year even , seems to be a little optimistic

nottingham

Now we’re really sad perhaps abroad might open up earlier?

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Well we know people that went to clubs in August, September and we went in October. So those people were right weren’t they.

Some were open for socials only . They won’t be opening for play for a very long time. This time next year even , seems to be a little optimistic "

Now that is not good news.

Some were open for socials only . They won’t be opening for play for a very long time. This time next year even , seems to be a little optimistic "

On not sure you know because if this vaccine is effective and it's looking like me then the hospital and death rates will be so much lower so I think things will be able to open up to a much more normal level. After all it isn't the infection rates that are the a problem it is the hospitalisation and deaths.

Let's hope it's all over by April .

1,300 people die ever day and 1,300 with die on April 4th, because 1,300 die most days, time to start living before we are one of the 1300 .

Where did they pluck that date from?

On what evidence have they said that?

By *woodcplCouple  over a year ago

Borehamwood

"Let's hope it's all over by April .

1,300 people die ever day and 1,300 with die on April 4th, because 1,300 die most days, time to start living before we are one of the 1300 ."

Be careful cos you or are a loved one will be 1 of those 1300 before then!

1,300 people die ever day and 1,300 with die on April 4th, because 1,300 die most days, time to start living before we are one of the 1300 ."

And those people will still die so let's not add to that number by spreading this virus!

That's great news.. lots of happy people ??

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

How, does, that work when government ministers have said masks and social distancing will more than likely be here till the summer. Sky news,... oh did Kay Burley say this like. These people need to stop giving out false signals. Too many folk take things literally

"How, does, that work when government ministers have said masks and social distancing will more than likely be here till the summer. Sky news,... oh did Kay Burley say this like. These people need to stop giving out false signals. Too many folk take things literally "

Exactly and we need to make certain that people are protected also its been estimated that The majority of the population won't have access to any vaccine till April so won't be protected till mid May.

1,300 people die ever day and 1,300 with die on April 4th, because 1,300 die most days, time to start living before we are one of the 1300 .

Be careful cos you or are a loved one will be 1 of those 1300 before then! "

In my job I go into 25/30 houses every week, and this most dangerous virus known to man keeps missing me and all my work mates . We must all be super human or very lucky, or maybe not as dangerous as the media make it out to be.

harrow

Be careful cos you or are a loved one will be 1 of those 1300 before then! In my job I go into 25/30 houses every week, and this most dangerous virus known to man keeps missing me and all my work mates . We must all be super human or very lucky, or maybe not as dangerous as the media make it out to be. "

You are a very lucky man . I'm sure the bereaved families of the 65000 who have lost loved ones in the UK will be very happy for you.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Be careful cos you or are a loved one will be 1 of those 1300 before then! In my job I go into 25/30 houses every week, and this most dangerous virus known to man keeps missing me and all my work mates . We must all be super human or very lucky, or maybe not as dangerous as the media make it out to be. "

Or maybe you've had it, asymptomatic and carry anti bodies.

By *he fab twoCouple  over a year ago

brentwood

"So everyone will be vaccinated by 3rd April ?"
what good sill tgat do? Vaccine doesn’t stop you getting it or spreading it and they advise to carry on social distance measures!! So when will this end?

brentwood

100% right it’s to keep the control

brentwood

"Over a year, longest 3wks to flatten the curve ever. 64,000 died of flu in January 2018, more than whole 2020, nothing shutdown then "

Shhhh the sheep will call you a conspiracy theroyist and other nasty names

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Dont believe that for a minute. According to the initial reports it was going to take until the end of April just to vaccinate those most at risk and the NHS. There is over 66 million people in the UK that would be a serious effort to get to 14 million people every month and to vaccinate them twice.

"So everyone will be vaccinated by 3rd April ? what good sill tgat do? Vaccine doesn’t stop you getting it or spreading it and they advise to carry on social distance measures!! So when will this end?"

It never ends.

This is the new normal.

Newcastle upon Tyne

"So everyone will be vaccinated by 3rd April ? what good sill tgat do? Vaccine doesn’t stop you getting it or spreading it and they advise to carry on social distance measures!! So when will this end?

It never ends.

This is the new normal."

Once everybody has been vaccinated in the UK that is it there is nothing more that can be done. Both the government and the medical experts have said there will still be deaths rather like there are still deaths with flu but the strain on the NHS will be less so there will be no need to keep the restrictions and they will be lifted.

Whether as a nation we continue to wear masks and wash and sanitize our hands repeatedly remains to be seen.

Leeds

There won't be a point where everyone has been vaccinated as every day people will turn 18 and need the jab.

By *ookinkMan  over a year ago

Skegness

Other day it was reported that masks would still be needed till late 2021 so unlikely nightclubs will open till that point.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

We're hoping for a reliable and affordable fast test to open. Polish clubs have done it successfully.

The vaccine is not the solution to our 'problem'

By *r an Mrs xMan  over a year ago

liverpool

To be fair if masks were worn till Xmas 2021 some of the guys on here would have the ability to charm them off during the process of emptying there balls ..... though I bet there all in the gym pumping iron or marching on the streets quoting the Magna Carta......

I hope so. As I want to experience a swingers party.

Xxx"

Hahaha... No chance, I just can't believe people are still so gullible.

After 12 months of being lied to and your rights being taken away and people are still prepared to follow those twats in Parliament.

Everything they have done has been wrong & botched why would we follow them for another year?

I'm not having a go just angry that we allow these idiots to run our lives. If the UK were a company they'd be sacked within a week, no question.

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

People didn't behave in the first lockdown!

I think by getting back to normal they are meaning that people can get to work, shops opening, pubs opening etc: But apart from all this there will still be restrictions in place in what we can and can't do. Travel restrictions with testing required on entry to countries will I think still be needed. The wearing of face masks and social distancing will still be with us, and this unfortunately will be the new normal. This virus is mutating at such an alarming rate that it will be impossible to lift these measures as it is not known what protection the vaccine will offer to all these new strains that are emerging.

Xxx

Hahaha... No chance, I just can't believe people are still so gullible.

After 12 months of being lied to and your rights being taken away and people are still prepared to follow those twats in Parliament.

Everything they have done has been wrong & botched why would we follow them for another year?

I'm not having a go just angry that we allow these idiots to run our lives. If the UK were a company they'd be sacked within a week, no question. "

You are so completely right. They are a circus act bungling government led by by that incompletent clown in chief bumbling Boris.

nottingham

Just some glimmer of hope would do — even if it’s a false dawn

Hope clubs can come back soon.

Anyone help me with getting invited to a club.

Abit new to all of this!

Appreciate it

By *istress-MazikeenWoman  over a year ago

bolton

"Hope clubs can come back soon.

Abit new to all of this!

Appreciate it "

No invite needed at the Gatehouse when it re opens just turn up at the door.

"Hope clubs can come back soon.

Abit new to all of this!

Appreciate it

No invite needed at the Gatehouse when it re opens just turn up at the door."

Thank you!

Gatehouse... I’ll remember that. Hopefully see you there soon! Fingers crossed

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I think by getting back to normal they are meaning that people can get to work, shops opening, pubs opening etc: But apart from all this there will still be restrictions in place in what we can and can't do. Travel restrictions with testing required on entry to countries will I think still be needed. The wearing of face masks and social distancing will still be with us, and this unfortunately will be the new normal. This virus is mutating at such an alarming rate that it will be impossible to lift these measures as it is not known what protection the vaccine will offer to all these new strains that are emerging. "

I don't think there's evidence of the virus mutating at an alarming rate, though it does mutate of course. The more people that get infected, the greater the probability that some mutations are advantageous to the virus. Once people have been vaccinated in large numbers, it's possible that a mutation has a selective advantage against its effects and starts to increase its prevalence amongst the population. Several of the vaccines in use are fairly quick to be able to adjust them, to work against any variant that isn't fully targeted.

International travel restrictions also hamper the flow of variants between countries - should there be competent governments in charge

This virus is relatively slow to mutate, compared to others such as the flu viruses, for example, which works in our favour, to get it more under control.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

More carrot ‘if you behave yourselves peasants....’

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS  over a year ago

South Birmingham

nope nithing closed as it was just the flu uk total deaths 2019 and 2020 very much similar and less then 2018

Sheffield

A carrot to dangle in front of us before hitting us with another big stick.

By *ing_Wookie_RodeoMan  over a year ago

stockport wasteland

"That's a very specific date. So we all wake up on the 4th and the world is back to normal? What do they base this theory on?"
i thought this very exact announcement abit like donald never having covid yet odviously he did seen on tv lol

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

There won't be a return to the old normal

By *ing_Wookie_RodeoMan  over a year ago

stockport wasteland

People youll get a better update off the simpsons of when itll finish

By *moothGrooveWoman  over a year ago

Durham

Don't forget that we were told last March, that we'd be over the worst by the summer!!

By *anna ViolaneTV/TS  over a year ago

South East

I sincerely doubt this claim. As long as there are still anti vaccine nutjobs out there who will refuse the jab then we will never see the end of Face masks or social distancing, therefore clubs and other 'adult' venues will remain closed.

"Over a year, longest 3wks to flatten the curve ever. 64,000 died of flu in January 2018, more than whole 2020, nothing shutdown then

nope nithing closed as it was just the flu uk total deaths 2019 and 2020 very much similar and less then 2018"

The government updated medium yearly average figure as of October 2020 for yearly deaths of influenza and other respiratory disease is 17,000. Covid is very clearly a much more serious and deadly virus.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Xxx"

No chance.

Spring 2022 maybe. But I fear we still have a year of uncertainty ahead and winter 2021/2022 will be the real litmus test.

Things may improve somewhat as we enter Spring, but normality I fear is a long way off yet.

North West

"There won't be a return to the old normal "

Agreed. Many, many people will be socially cautious for a long time to come, no matter when things get better with Covid.

"Don't forget that we were told last March, that we'd be over the worst by the summer!! "

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Lovely idea but sadly no way that's going to be the case.

Need to have many more people vaccinated, before any sort of normality is likely.

"I sincerely doubt this claim. As long as there are still anti vaccine nutjobs out there who will refuse the jab then we will never see the end of Face masks or social distancing, therefore clubs and other 'adult' venues will remain closed."
If you have the jab , why worry if others don't . You will be immune so you're life goes back to normal.

By *avegaMan  over a year ago

Warwick

April or later, just hoping for the end! The sooner the better. So many powerful reasons to wish for the end + I really want to go back to some of my favourite clubs! Fingers crossed everyone and good luck!

By *ulgehunterMan  over a year ago

yorkshire

I believe in father Christmas as well and one day he will off load a full sack my way lol

By *ountrylad19Man  over a year ago

travel all over with work x

God I hope you’re right and it’s not fake actually some hope!

By *ripodius WillyusMan  over a year ago

Colne

No chance so sky said sex clubs can re open god some deluded folk injections are 1 think social distancing will not be going away.

Nor will masks. Councils will dictate what is and is not allowed in places that they deal with.

Keep it real.

By *weetcplCouple  over a year ago

mid town

It will be September

By *weetcplCouple  over a year ago

mid town

"I sincerely doubt this claim. As long as there are still anti vaccine nutjobs out there who will refuse the jab then we will never see the end of Face masks or social distancing, therefore clubs and other 'adult' venues will remain closed."
you are right but the nut jobs are just a noisy minority plenty will take the vaccine, but it will take until September, BTW you look cool ??

I said on this forum in March last year that swingers clubs would be unlikely to open for rest of year, and unfortunately looks like the same outcome this year as well.

It will come to the point I think when travel and venues, and employers also will insist on a 'covid passport' to gain access.. And quite rightly so..

North West

"I sincerely doubt this claim. As long as there are still anti vaccine nutjobs out there who will refuse the jab then we will never see the end of Face masks or social distancing, therefore clubs and other 'adult' venues will remain closed.If you have the jab , why worry if others don't . You will be immune so you're life goes back to normal. "

From a selfish point of view yes. But the social mixing of vaccinated and unvaccinated people in the presence of the virus is probably its best opportunity of mutation.

The reason it is mutating now is because there are people who are immune to the original variant through having it being re-exposed to it again.

Newcastle upon Tyne

Yes we will as once all those who want the vaccination have had it restrictions will be slowly eased.

The Anti-vax people have made their choice they will have to accept the risk. I imagine that they may find life becomes difficult for them as rules are put in place saying you must be vaccinated to go in holiday. If you apply for a new job then you will have to have had the jab etc.

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"It will come to the point I think when travel and venues, and employers also will insist on a 'covid passport' to gain access.. And quite rightly so.. "

Why Covid especially, and not measles or chicken pox, or HIV, or any one of a range of viruses?

I think there will come a time when the vaccination programme has run it's course when getting immunised against covid will be as common as kids getting the MMR or TB jabs, and "normality" will return again. No special passports needed.

By *itsalena2Couple  over a year ago

Kent

We are hopping that come the spring that venues will be allowed to open again like last year ,it may just be for the social side again and with guidelines being followed but we’re more happy to support clubs in this way , as the venue we use has so much floor space to allow this to happen.

Let’s all have some positive thoughts, instead of all this negatively

By *rummie_jamaicanMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

The truth is, there were 50k excess winter death - not all flu - in the 2017/18 season according to the British Medical Journal so I don't know where this 64k comes from. If I was forced to guess, I'd say someone pulled that number out of their ass.

"The truth is, there were 50k excess winter death - not all flu - in the 2017/18 season according to the British Medical Journal so I don't know where this 64k comes from. If I was forced to guess, I'd say someone pulled that number out of their ass. "

The medium yearly fighres updater in October 2020 is 17000 deaths from influenza and other respiratory disease... Fals far short of the now approaching 100,000 covid deaths..

"It will come to the point I think when travel and venues, and employers also will insist on a 'covid passport' to gain access.. And quite rightly so..

Why Covid especially, and not measles or chicken pox, or HIV, or any one of a range of viruses?

I think there will come a time when the vaccination programme has run it's course when getting immunised against covid will be as common as kids getting the MMR or TB jabs, and "normality" will return again. No special passports needed."

Measels and Chickenpox have been controlled by mass vaccination and in time hopefully this will mitigate the risk of covid, though some way off from achieving this from this highly contagious virus. HIV is still a very dangerous disease whose symptoms are conrolled by drugs, and unfortunately this along with vaccination and continued social distancing may be the only way forward with covid.

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

"I sincerely doubt this claim. As long as there are still anti vaccine nutjobs out there who will refuse the jab then we will never see the end of Face masks or social distancing, therefore clubs and other 'adult' venues will remain closed.If you have the jab , why worry if others don't . You will be immune so you're life goes back to normal. "

From our understanding the jab will not give you immunity it will lessen your chances of becoming really ill?

By *oul BrothaMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy far far away

Hate to break it to you but we will categorically not be back to normal in April. Witty is already on record stating that social distancing and other measures will be necessary next winter.

With the new mutations and huge logistical task of vaccinating millions of people this is going to take a considerable period of time to restore normality, and that's if we can even fully return to the old ways in which we used to live.

"Hate to break it to you but we will categorically not be back to normal in April. Witty is already on record stating that social distancing and other measures will be necessary next winter.

With the new mutations and huge logistical task of vaccinating millions of people this is going to take a considerable period of time to restore normality, and that's if we can even fully return to the old ways in which we used to live. "

Yeah and social distancing might become the new normal for years to come, I don't see any quick fix for this fucked up virus.

By *luns1Man  over a year ago

Preston

And not to be the harbinger of doom but the 2nd doses of the vaccine will only just have been administered to the first people who got the first part in late December and early January. As they moved the goal posts from 3 weeks to 12.

By *obandsue 69Couple  over a year ago

north Cornwall

I keep reading forums and leave with lost hope of ever getting back to full play...so depressing

"I keep reading forums and leave with lost hope of ever getting back to full play...so depressing"

Keep the faith! Good times are coming

"I keep reading forums and leave with lost hope of ever getting back to full play...so depressing"

Probably best to avoid some threads if you are feeling that way

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

Do any of you go into pubs ? If so, when in the pubs do you drink alcohol ? If so, does that lower your inhibitions ? Would you then be hugging & kissing friends etc, maybe even scoring with someone and having a shag ?

Yes ?

Then given the economic crisis facing the UK, do you not think pubs will be open back end of March when all the over 50s will have had at least one jab. Which means that the deaths from Covid are really low.

Then if behaviour like the above can go on in pubs, why can't the clubs open ?

harrow

"Do any of you go into pubs ? If so, when in the pubs do you drink alcohol ? If so, does that lower your inhibitions ? Would you then be hugging & kissing friends etc, maybe even scoring with someone and having a shag ?

Yes ?

Then given the economic crisis facing the UK, do you not think pubs will be open back end of March when all the over 50s will have had at least one jab. Which means that the deaths from Covid are really low.

Then if behaviour like the above can go on in pubs, why can't the clubs open ?"

No chance of the over 50s having a 1st jab by the back end of March. That would mean 4million jabs a week - double the best target. Nowhere have they claimed all over 50s vaccinated by then. Very little chance of pubs opening in March and even when they do it will obviously be with strict social distancing. The odd club with an alcohol license may open for socials only in a few months but as social distancing is going nowhere in 2021 maybe even 2022, clubs won't be able to open for play

"Do any of you go into pubs ? If so, when in the pubs do you drink alcohol ? If so, does that lower your inhibitions ? Would you then be hugging & kissing friends etc, maybe even scoring with someone and having a shag ?

Yes ?

Then if behaviour like the above can go on in pubs, why can't the clubs open ?"

March next year maybe.. And when pubs do reopen it will be with masks and social distancing in place. A bit different from a swingers club being allowed to open.

Can they make it april the 2nd its good friday and my birthday lol

By *iptopcoolMan  over a year ago

mid

I think the actual date of everything getting back to normal is April 1st

"I think the actual date of everything getting back to normal is April 1st "

Don't you go getting my Hope's up haha

newcastle

Yes ?

No chance of the over 50s having a 1st jab by the back end of March. That would mean 4million jabs a week - double the best target. Nowhere have they claimed all over 50s vaccinated by then. Very little chance of pubs opening in March and even when they do it will obviously be with strict social distancing. The odd club with an alcohol license may open for socials only in a few months but as social distancing is going nowhere in 2021 maybe even 2022, clubs won't be able to open for play "

From today's Evening Standard;

The government is planning to end lockdown in March after cabinet members agreed that waiting until the summer when most people will have been vaccinated would lead to yet more economic misery, according to reports.

Ministers are drawing up a timetable to scale back restrictions despite the Sage Advisory committee calling for delays, it has been reported.

Previously the cabinet has been split between those who want to open up the economy as quickly as possible and those who are more cautious and want to follow Sage advice to the letter.

Under the plans areas will be put into lower tiers once their death rate has fallen and the number of 50-70 year olds being admitted to hospital has fallen, according to a report in the Sunday Times.

Dominic Raab told BBC One’s The Andrew Marr Show on Sunday: “The aim is by the middle of February to have 88% of those most at risk of dying of coronavirus with their first jab, and by the early spring to have 99% – so that is the milestone if you like.

“I think it is true to say that when we get to a situation in the early spring, perhaps March, if we succeed in hitting those targets – we have made good process so far – we can start to think about the phased transition out of the national lockdown.

Please look up the relevant articles on-line, DO NOT take my word for it.

Of course once restrictions are lifted, no one is forcing you to come out.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"That's a very specific date. So we all wake up on the 4th and the world is back to normal? What do they base this theory on?"

When you get a reply will you let us know what time on the 4th, 7am or after lunch, makes all the difference.

By *rMrsRandyCouple  over a year ago

Mids

Xxx"

nottingham

Gonna buy a lottery ticket if we are right lol

On the way to Chams that is

Xx

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Wonder how we will all feel when we do venture out again.

Apprehensive, scared or not bothered.

For us, think it will be a few club nights as social evenings slowly easing back into playing as and when we feel confident, however long that takes, no rush, just nice to be in close proximity to others again.

Hopefully, not too long now.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Yes ?

No chance of the over 50s having a 1st jab by the back end of March. That would mean 4million jabs a week - double the best target. Nowhere have they claimed all over 50s vaccinated by then. Very little chance of pubs opening in March and even when they do it will obviously be with strict social distancing. The odd club with an alcohol license may open for socials only in a few months but as social distancing is going nowhere in 2021 maybe even 2022, clubs won't be able to open for play

From today's Evening Standard;

The government is planning to end lockdown in March after cabinet members agreed that waiting until the summer when most people will have been vaccinated would lead to yet more economic misery, according to reports.

Ministers are drawing up a timetable to scale back restrictions despite the Sage Advisory committee calling for delays, it has been reported.

Previously the cabinet has been split between those who want to open up the economy as quickly as possible and those who are more cautious and want to follow Sage advice to the letter.

Under the plans areas will be put into lower tiers once their death rate has fallen and the number of 50-70 year olds being admitted to hospital has fallen, according to a report in the Sunday Times.

Dominic Raab told BBC One’s The Andrew Marr Show on Sunday: “The aim is by the middle of February to have 88% of those most at risk of dying of coronavirus with their first jab, and by the early spring to have 99% – so that is the milestone if you like.

“I think it is true to say that when we get to a situation in the early spring, perhaps March, if we succeed in hitting those targets – we have made good process so far – we can start to think about the phased transition out of the national lockdown.

Please look up the relevant articles on-line, DO NOT take my word for it.

Of course once restrictions are lifted, no one is forcing you to come out. "

wasn't this, done to appease the backbenchers, who were threatening a leadership challenge

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

No they didn't, 22, 000 died of the flu over the 2017 18 winter season

https://fullfact.org/online/october-2020-flu-covid-pandemic/

Blackpool

"Can they make it april the 2nd its good friday and my birthday lol"
they opened on the 4th July last year and it was my birthday. Was lovely to have a birthday drink lol

harrow

"I think the actual date of everything getting back to normal is April 1st "

2022 or 2023?

"Wonder how we will all feel when we do venture out again.

Apprehensive, scared or not bothered.

For us, think it will be a few club nights as social evenings slowly easing back into playing as and when we feel confident, however long that takes, no rush, just nice to be in close proximity to others again.

Hopefully, not too long now."

Clubs maybe never open again.

"Over a year, longest 3wks to flatten the curve ever. 64,000 died of flu in January 2018, more than whole 2020, nothing shutdown then

No they didn't, 22, 000 died of the flu over the 2017 18 winter season

https://fullfact.org/online/october-2020-flu-covid-pandemic/"

17000 is the yearly medium deaths figure for influenza and other respiratory disease. I don't know where this 640000 figure belongs to, total fantasy...

By *lowercandyWoman  over a year ago

Lancashire

"I saw an interview with Prof of Meds at Oxford heading up their vaccine. It was his opinion that it would take until April until enough people had been vacinated for things to return to normal ie no masks no social distancing. But he certainly didnt give a specific day or date. He sounded as if he did know what he was talking about. So eering on caution Im working towards it being more like May when full contact establishments will be freely open. Still a hell of a long time."

I dont think it will ever really be back to normal.

Covid won't vanish from the planet and we have seen new strains now....

Life will become easier with the vaccine but likely to be some changes in attendance li. Its at venues, masks still for some time, potentially sudden stops on travelling outside /into the UK

Dont forget its not it just us, ever other country will be monitoring the figures..

Yes we may have more testing which can in theory pick up the asymptomatic but it doesn't make a difference if the person still believes they can do wtf they want without a thought for anyone else.

It will be a new world not the old one.....

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Normal or tiers?

Thats a coincidence a very significant date for me, in good and bad ways, if this happens it would balance the bad. Roll on....

Xxx"

anyone with sense will see this for what it is, MSM trying to steer / stir public opinion

harrow

"I saw an interview with Prof of Meds at Oxford heading up their vaccine. It was his opinion that it would take until April until enough people had been vacinated for things to return to normal ie no masks no social distancing. But he certainly didnt give a specific day or date. He sounded as if he did know what he was talking about. So eering on caution Im working towards it being more like May when full contact establishments will be freely open. Still a hell of a long time."

Sorry to disappoint you but May 2022 is sounding optimistic

By *trawberries and Cream 40Couple  over a year ago

Salisbury

Why do you feel it will be May 2022? The latest projections see the adult population vaccinated by September 2021, with the early evidence of the roll out giving hope that could be quicker still. So, the small but real risk of the emergence of a mutant resistant strains aside (which is not the case now), this doesn’t - I think - support your caution.

April sounds overly optimistic but once the vulnerable are protected, and vast majority of deaths averted, the need to stimulate the economy will see the service sector open up again - including night clubs etc (I assume swinging clubs will fall into this group).

Over optimism is dangerous but equally the facts are looking more positive for the second half of the year. International travel may take longer, especially to Africa, as the rest of the world works through their vaccination programmes.

Just my ‘tuppenth....

Leeds

"The latest projections see the adult population vaccinated by September 2021". But this is only the first dose.

newcastle

""The latest projections see the adult population vaccinated by September 2021". But this is only the first dose. "

If the time between first and second doses remains the same at around 10 weeks, then they will be injecting second doses into people who have had a first dose at the same time as new people are getting first doses.

So it's not a sequential thing, more like two jobs working in parallel.

nottingham

We think there’s a bigger issue at play here - ok fair enough you would say that swingers clubs are high risk for obvious reasons but if you look at similar environments to them i.e close proximity situations then it would just be the end of an economy if it continued

Not exactly the same obviously but it’s places like gyms, nightclubs, theatres , bars, sports grounds, planes, buses etc etc - they simply have to get them open and back to normal as soon as possible to prevent economic, social and mental health meltdown

And we think swingers clubs will slip into that process albeit quietly sometime this year . Perhaps with some form of rapid testing kits included in admission procedures

You’ll probably disagree but as the OP it’s our post and we’re entitled to our views xx

By *izzy69Man  over a year ago

London

Let's not get our hopes (and dicks and clits) up too much.

The likelihood is, best case scenario based on the limitation on production rate plus vaccination tiers plus resource available to administer the vaccinations....

September 2020 for 80% of the population - but masks will still be required in case of the asymptomatic.

April 2021 for normality to start resuming.

harrow

"Let's not get our hopes (and dicks and clits) up too much.

The likelihood is, best case scenario based on the limitation on production rate plus vaccination tiers plus resource available to administer the vaccinations....

September 2020 for 80% of the population - but masks will still be required in case of the asymptomatic.

April 2021 for normality to start resuming."

No chance ! Normality in 2021?!

harrow

April 2021 for normality to start resuming."

March 2020 “We can turn the tide in 12 weeks”

July 2020 “Normality by November”

November 2020 “Things will be better by the spring”

January 2021 “There is light at the end of the tunnel"

Sheffield

"I saw an interview with Prof of Meds at Oxford heading up their vaccine. It was his opinion that it would take until April until enough people had been vacinated for things to return to normal ie no masks no social distancing. But he certainly didnt give a specific day or date. He sounded as if he did know what he was talking about. So eering on caution Im working towards it being more like May when full contact establishments will be freely open. Still a hell of a long time.

I dont think it will ever really be back to normal.

Covid won't vanish from the planet and we have seen new strains now....

Life will become easier with the vaccine but likely to be some changes in attendance li. Its at venues, masks still for some time, potentially sudden stops on travelling outside /into the UK

Dont forget its not it just us, ever other country will be monitoring the figures..

Yes we may have more testing which can in theory pick up the asymptomatic but it doesn't make a difference if the person still believes they can do wtf they want without a thought for anyone else.

It will be a new world not the old one..... "

I agree entirely. There is no going back to pre covid times. Im not for one minute suggesting this was all planned but you can guarantee that coming out of this will see permanent restrictions and new laws .

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Open by April...that made me chuckle. Thank you, I needed a laugh.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think this year will be the same as 2020. Far too soon to get excited about anything.

London

No chance ! Normality in 2021?!"

Sorry typo. I meant 2022

No chance, maybe out of lockdown but back into tier system I would think, normal maybe Christmas time

By *ude boy 2017Man  over a year ago

Bolton

It might be sooner if the time between the first jab and second is reduced from twelve weeks to six weeks as suggested yesterday

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

They need to stop getting people's hopes up with pie in the sky dates like this. They've been doing it since the first lockdown. No wonder frustration is so high when we are constantly given false hope.

By *imon and saffyCouple  over a year ago

southampton

"They need to stop getting people's hopes up with pie in the sky dates like this. They've been doing it since the first lockdown. No wonder frustration is so high when we are constantly given false hope."

The behavioural scientists have told them to do it. On the basis that people can absorb short finite chunks.

If last march they had said that we'd be in full lockdown until this summer, no one would have followed any rules.

By *andSCouple  over a year ago

Old London Town

Xxx"

Maybe 4th April will be the date when this current lockdown/all tier 4 restrictions will end. Unless people stop going in to hospital I can’t things changing quickly.

harrow

Sorry typo. I meant 2022"

Agreed!

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

It won't happen. We will have another year of lockdowns.

Seems very unlikely. The government have already stated that schools wont return until after the easter break at the earliest

They didn't say which April, some experts saying 2024 before it's completely safe ffs

The new variants and the fact that these will continue to appear is what is making a return to normal in 2021 much more unlikely. Will vaccinations help speed things up? Who knows; no data exists for how long the vaccine is effective for or its effectiveness on new strains.

We can hope, but sadly you have to accept that this is not going away anytime soon

brentwood

No chance of going back to normal this year

By *exybreeksMan  over a year ago

East Calder

Not like for like. If you look at the predicted models of deaths that would have occurred if we carried on as normal then the deaths in 2020 would have been huge, in the millions (although the model also suggests the virus would have burnt out by now). So surely the resultant lower numbers of death in 2020 show that these measures have worked to prevent many deaths? "

That's just absolute rubbish. Reports on the flu are produced annually and are literally the first result that pops up if you Google flu deaths UK.

According to the 17/18 report, between week 40 2017 (October) and week 15 2018 (April) there were 372 deaths in the whole of the UK. Covid is doing quadruple that on a daily basis.

Honestly, I wish people wouldn't just believe what they read on Facebook.

A day before my birthday, I would say that’s good timing

By *winger coupleCouple  over a year ago

Reading Berkshire

So looking forward

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

I think the only thing that we can definitely say about April this year is that the hours of daylight will be longer than now. Also possibly the weather may be milder

"I think the only thing that we can definitely say about April this year is that the hours of daylight will be longer than now. Also possibly the weather may be milder "

And more rain.

nottingham

I know it’s unlikely but a little hope isn’t a bad thing swingers

harrow

"It won't happen. We will have another year of lockdowns. "

Looks that way

London

"

I know it’s unlikely but a little hope isn’t a bad thing swingers "

Absolutely! We are British and we must keep a stiff one

(Upper lip I mean of course)

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

Did they say what year???

nottingham

LFT tests done say 45 mins before entry - surely that could work in time?

But would you pay for them ?

Just curious

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"LFT tests done say 45 mins before entry - surely that could work in time?

But would you pay for them ?

Just curious "

Clubs in Poland were using fast tests effectively last year.

There is a few problems to overcome with clubs in the UK using these tests, but this is probably one of the methods we could use to get ourselves open again, ahead of vaccinations.

The main problem for us is logistics and public health. I can see our local public health wanting us to perform the tests rather than rely on customers doing their own tests before they arrive. The problem for us would be the practicality of testing 140 people who arrive en mass over 2 hours for a big party and testing everyone. Where do people go whilst being tested and where do they wait for their results? Public health will want us to have a policy in place to deal with large numbers arriving for testing.

Also, who pays for the test? A lot of people are skint as are clubs, so the tests need to be affordable.

Lastly, the tests need to be reliable and readily available in their tens of thousands. All of the clubs across the UK collectively will need thousands a week to cover all of their events. What happens if we encounter a shortage of tests? So far, the fast tests have had mixed results. Here in Liverpool, we are told to get a PCR test if we get a positive fast test as the reliability is still in question.

I have said all along that fast testing is going to be one of the main factors in clubs opening again, but the logistics are a bit of a minefield and what we propose to do with the fest testing will have to be approved by our local public health

That would be amazing, and sort of fits something I heard. The government asked train operating companies to reduce their number of services by 25-50% until the 27th March, so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel (pun intended)

By *LEX DUMASMan  over a year ago

WALSALL .butts near Arboretum

Ain't gonna happen.being drip fed hopes and promises,to keep the public subdued

"That would be amazing, and sort of fits something I heard. The government asked train operating companies to reduce their number of services by 25-50% until the 27th March, so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel (pun intended)

"

Heres hoping.

I think it is more likely now that it is starting to look like the vaccine does help to limit spread but obviously only time will tell but like you said definitely like at the end of the tunnel.

harrow

"Ain't gonna happen.being drip fed hopes and promises,to keep the public subdued"

Absolutely!