FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Rio's Kentish Town

Rio's Kentish Town

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

OK so I've read the reviews but can't decide if it's worth trying this place out. Prob going to be Mon or Tues daytime

Anyone been during the day and what did you think?

Cheers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

We actually went there after we had been to a party, in the wee hours of this morning.

We fancied a Jacuzzi on the way home before bed. The website states its open until 7am, we got there just after 5am only to be told they dont let anyone in after 5am.

We noted that NOWHERE does it state this on their website, so we were pretty pissed off about and it stank of lazyness.

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

I'll be brutally honest in my assessment (not a review however).

I do not believe Rio's to be a swingers club, by no stretch of the imagination.

Yes, it has a "bath-house" theme but that is purely as it is licensed and operates as a naturist sauna/spa:

1) It has lovely facilities (showers, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, and relaxing deck chairs) and if you want somewhere to just relax by yourself and catch 15 minutes undisturbed snooze, then the rest rooms serve for that.

2) It is also fairly central in London (well, Kentish town) so commuting from most directions is not too bad

3) It stays open till 6am, unlike most venues that kick out at 3am ish, and being close to transport links means you can catch a night bus home (for those that don't drive).

But in its offering, I believe that's as good as it gets.

The downsides:

1) It is not and has not at anytime advertised itself as a swingers club. The patronage are general members of the public that enjoy and make use of sauna facilities for just that purpose despite the odd occasion when a few people may wander off discretely in pairs to have intimate use of the rest rooms.

I say discrete as I imagine its the perfect alternative to a hotel for those with reason to arrange such.

2) As a venue it does not hold itself in any responsibility to members of the swinging community as most swing clubs do in terms of welcoming you or seeing that you're introduced to say more regular members to ease your integration into the social group, and it certainly does not in any way suggest any shenanigans are at anytime possible.

3) The clientelle: sometimes some of the people that come in tend to be from parts of the world where their home cultures suggest the role of women are no more than property, and any voice (of protest or disagreement to proposition) is met with indifference to her pleas (at best), or aggression (on more than one occasion I have witnessed) by 2-4 of such men to the male partner of the female that dared decline the offer.

So, is it a swingers club? I would say no. Is it worth a visit for the facilites only? Definitely, I cannot fault that aspect.

Do you still think you should go? That is entirely up to you and your reasons for visiting.

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

Your assessment of the club is bang on.

You forgot to mention the working girls.

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

"Your assessment of the club is bang on.

You forgot to mention the working girls."

Considering I could not tell which of the ladies present at the time I attended were "working girls" from clientelle, nor did I see which one of them played, I can't comment - but I have heard.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Excellent reply Ahabs - many thanks

Think I may give it a go just to have chill out day (unless I get any better offers in the meantime lol)

Cheers again

» Add a new message to this topic