FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Closed venues

Closed venues

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone know if any swinging venues have closed permanently?

Heard whispers that La chambre had but tbh people have been saying that for probably a decade or so :/

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

There's already been a thread on this depressing subject

Le Chambre has apparently not closed for good. A couple have taken over and looking for other premises.

7 clubs in total have closed, including a predominantly gay club in London and a BDSM club in the midlands

If you want to know if your local club has closed or any latest news on their current situation including fundraising, you should look on their website. I'm not going to list the closures again here and kick owners when they are understandably down.

I can find the link to the old thread if you want and paste it here

Birkenhead/Liverpool

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/clubs/1093713 old thread about club closures

There are tons of other threads about peoples thoughts on when clubs may re-open, if they will re-open, speculation on the terms of re-opening etc. etc... Within these threads are odd comments on closed clubs.

By *rcadian110Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

Asylum in Rotherham has gone and will be sorely missed. Lachambre is looking for new premise For when this madness ends. We really hope townhouse is able to hold on as they are wonderful people and we really want to make a weekend of it for our first visit

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

"Does anyone know if any swinging venues have closed permanently?

Heard whispers that La chambre had but tbh people have been saying that for probably a decade or so :/"

LC, asylum, liberation among others. So sad.

By *ude boy 2017Man  over a year ago

Bolton

Adam and eve I believe as closed

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/clubs/1093713 old thread about club closures

There are tons of other threads about peoples thoughts on when clubs may re-open, if they will re-open, speculation on the terms of re-opening etc. etc... Within these threads are odd comments on closed clubs. "

Ahh I looked but couldn't find a thread thanks for digging that up for me

No intention to kick anyone while they're down just trying to keep informed of what will be available post covid

Birkenhead/Liverpool

There are tons of other threads about peoples thoughts on when clubs may re-open, if they will re-open, speculation on the terms of re-opening etc. etc... Within these threads are odd comments on closed clubs.

No intention to kick anyone while they're down just trying to keep informed of what will be available post covid "

I think you're probably best keeping an eye on the forums as there will be more clubs that won't make it. The ones listed in the link are only the ones which closed before Christmas. Clubs will be closed most of this year at least, some will cut their losses and I don't blame them

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

No intention to kick anyone while they're down just trying to keep informed of what will be available post covid "

So why you asking now in the middle of the pandemic what will be 'post' covid when covid is going nowhere and the next year, maybe 2 look write-offs?

By *rcadian110Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

No intention to kick anyone while they're down just trying to keep informed of what will be available post covid

So why you asking now in the middle of the pandemic what will be 'post' covid when covid is going nowhere and the next year, maybe 2 look write-offs? "

Perhaps because he's looking for something positive to look forward to. And saying 2 years is a bit much. Where is your evidence for that timeline? Things change every day, for both better and worse. What's wrong with hoping for the best and checking on how places are doing? Clubs and the community need support not constant negativity. Keep that for the virus forums.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

So why you asking now in the middle of the pandemic what will be 'post' covid when covid is going nowhere and the next year, maybe 2 look write-offs? "

well according to the experts on the itv program last night covid will be here for a v v long time

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I believe Arousals in the Luton / Dunstable area has closed.From what I remember on the club reviews page they hosted various nights and other party organisers used their venue for their events.Lets hope we don’t lose any more.

harrow

So why you asking now in the middle of the pandemic what will be 'post' covid when covid is going nowhere and the next year, maybe 2 look write-offs? well according to the experts on the itv program last night covid will be here for a v v long time "

Exactly

By *he Original SpartanMan  over a year ago

Daventry

So why you asking now in the middle of the pandemic what will be 'post' covid when covid is going nowhere and the next year, maybe 2 look write-offs?

Perhaps because he's looking for something positive to look forward to. And saying 2 years is a bit much. Where is your evidence for that timeline? Things change every day, for both better and worse. What's wrong with hoping for the best and checking on how places are doing? Clubs and the community need support not constant negativity. Keep that for the virus forums. "

This is exactly right! We should remain as positive as possible. To much negativity, only thing we should wish to be negative is a Covid test!!!

harrow

Perhaps because he's looking for something positive to look forward to. And saying 2 years is a bit much. Where is your evidence for that timeline? Things change every day, for both better and worse. What's wrong with hoping for the best and checking on how places are doing? Clubs and the community need support not constant negativity. Keep that for the virus forums.

This is exactly right! We should remain as positive as possible. To much negativity, only thing we should wish to be negative is a Covid test!!! "

Nothing to do with negativity or positivity . What's important is realism . If we don't delude ourselves, we won't be disappointed.

By *he Original SpartanMan  over a year ago

Daventry

Realism! Well I can only therefore expect that at some point in September we’ll all be vaccinated. That’s realism, based on factual numbers and that’s not including numbers of which 24/7 may reduce the time frame.

Yes, it’s not then going to a be a free for all. However, the country cannot continue in the isolated standard that we are currently in. Another fact, the economy won’t support it.

So, I’d rather live in hope, that at some stage this year we will get back to some sort of normality. If that’s false hope, I’m all good with it! I’m more the optimist, half full type of guy. Than the half empty pessimist type.

harrow

"Realism! Well I can only therefore expect that at some point in September we’ll all be vaccinated. That’s realism, based on factual numbers and that’s not including numbers of which 24/7 may reduce the time frame.

Yes, it’s not then going to a be a free for all. However, the country cannot continue in the isolated standard that we are currently in. Another fact, the economy won’t support it.

So, I’d rather live in hope, that at some stage this year we will get back to some sort of normality. If that’s false hope, I’m all good with it! I’m more the optimist, half full type of guy. Than the half empty pessimist type.

"

At best (don't rely on it) most adults will be offered their 1st jab by September they say. That takes us to December for some 2nd jabs. Throw into the equation that current estimates are a refusal rate of 17-20% and the real possibility of vaccine mutation evading current vaccines means real uncertainty. Patrick Vallance made it quite clear yesterday that masks and social distancing will be in place this time next year, so I'm gonna guess some type of club 'normality' returning 2022/23- that's optimism!

harrow

[Removed by poster at 21/01/21 14:14:16]

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Really missing going to clubs, especially Pandora’s and Quest in Leeds.

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

I personally believe it won't just be swinging clubs closing down permanently but also many other businesses. Already we know some pubs have closed down my guess is Nightclubs,cinema's,restaurants/hotels and many other I would say, I don't think the travel will be the same again for some time if ever. Car sales are down my guess is a lot of smaller car showrooms could struggle too if this continues as long as the government is indicating.

By *tockport 69Couple  over a year ago

Stockport

great news it was a shit house not the best in Eccles osay the north west

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

So why you asking now in the middle of the pandemic what will be 'post' covid when covid is going nowhere and the next year, maybe 2 look write-offs? well according to the experts on the itv program last night covid will be here for a v v long time "

And of course Experts are never wrong

durham

So why you asking now in the middle of the pandemic what will be 'post' covid when covid is going nowhere and the next year, maybe 2 look write-offs? well according to the experts on the itv program last night covid will be here for a v v long time And of course Experts are never wrong "

well neither are the ones, who think we, will all be going on holiday in the summer

durham

So why you asking now in the middle of the pandemic what will be 'post' covid when covid is going nowhere and the next year, maybe 2 look write-offs? well according to the experts on the itv program last night covid will be here for a v v long time And of course Experts are never wrong "

so you saying the, experts are wrong about this virus

.. So it doesn't exist in your book

By *anna ViolaneTV/TS  over a year ago

South East

I so miss the clubs like most people on here. Legs800 in East London and the good old Way out club as well as Pink Punters in MK. Sadly if any of these survive until 22/23 with no income and still paying high business rates as well as council tax it will be a miracle!

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"Realism! Well I can only therefore expect that at some point in September we’ll all be vaccinated. That’s realism, based on factual numbers and that’s not including numbers of which 24/7 may reduce the time frame.

"

totally agree, I'm an optimist. We all need something to look forward to and I'm looking forward to seeing friends again and going to a club.. Even if its just socially not bothered about going for sex

» Add a new message to this topic