FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Covid wristbands?

Covid wristbands?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *wing66 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Burton-upon-trent

When the clubs open would it be an idea to have Covid wristbands? Green for vaccinated or had a LFT? Red for those who don't?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"When the clubs open would it be an idea to have Covid wristbands? Green for vaccinated or had a LFT? Red for those who don't? "
think that's going bit too far

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"When the clubs open would it be an idea to have Covid wristbands? Green for vaccinated or had a LFT? Red for those who don't? "

Wouldn't it be easier to test everyone going through the door of a club ? Unless they can provide test results say taken less than 48hrs previously? ..

That way you are pretty sure people inside a club are all relatively safe.. Obv fail the test on the door and no admittance to the club that night .. Which would be the risk you take turning up without recent test results!

Given tests are currently free it's hardly a chore providing evidence ..

Could also charge for testing on the door which might get everyone to be responsible and make sure they are tested beforehand.. And minimise any delays getting into the club

Vaccine at this stage doesn't make much difference I think as not every everyone is going to have had it by the time the covers come off

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

You'd be able to buy them on eBay, as you can face mask exemption lanyards.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And don't forget ones for STDs and hep etc.

And if you have the ginger gene as well.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

It bad enough paying £50 on top of membership just for entrance, let alone giving a blood test as well.

"When the clubs open would it be an idea to have Covid wristbands? Green for vaccinated or had a LFT? Red for those who don't?

Wouldn't it be easier to test everyone going through the door of a club ? Unless they can provide test results say taken less than 48hrs previously? ..

That way you are pretty sure people inside a club are all relatively safe.. Obv fail the test on the door and no admittance to the club that night .. Which would be the risk you take turning up without recent test results!

"

I think that’s a great idea.

Or at least a temperature check at the minimum.

My gym and hairdressers do that to everyone on the door and any slight temp and you’re not getting in. Not so reliable, I know, but better than nothing is all I’m saying.

I had a temp for less than 12 hours when I had covid

By *errysMan  over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

Thats the same as vaccine passport thinking.

Why does anybody eant to know that people in a place are less likely to die of covid if they catch it even though they can pass it on if they have it ?

Test before entry i understand but vaccine?

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I had a temp for less than 12 hours when I had covid "

I didn't have a temp at all when I had Covid. Just loss of taste and smell and a bit of a headache...

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

You are aware how easily fake things are made you only have to look at the top brands of clothing that have been reproduced and found by customs or police

Newcastle

"When the clubs open would it be an idea to have Covid wristbands? Green for vaccinated or had a LFT? Red for those who don't?

I think that’s a great idea.

Or at least a temperature check at the minimum.

My gym and hairdressers do that to everyone on the door and any slight temp and you’re not getting in. Not so reliable, I know, but better than nothing is all I’m saying."

You are aware the symptoms don't show up straight away if a person is infected it takes time for the growth of the virus to spread within the body

By *ryityoumaylikeitCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

No cause like passports it's discrimination. Whether you have or haven't had the vaccine is each person's business and nobody else's.

By *amiecoulsonMan  over a year ago

Ebbsfleet

"Thats the same as vaccine passport thinking.

Why does anybody eant to know that people in a place are less likely to die of covid if they catch it even though they can pass it on if they have it ?

Test before entry i understand but vaccine?"

Haha spot on!

By *ohnnyTee200Man  over a year ago

Exeter

all sounds a bit 1939 to 1945

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd be up for vaccination confirmation or tests.

"I had a temp for less than 12 hours when I had covid "

I didn't have a temperature above 36.1 when I had it.

"all sounds a bit 1939 to 1945"

Not even close.

By *rs spicyCouple  over a year ago

Chesterfield

"all sounds a bit 1939 to 1945

Not even close. "

True. More like 1933 - 1938.

By *andt1905Couple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

A little bit unfair for those who are not in the bracket yet to be vaccinated and those who are, are still waiting to get an appointment.

Awaiting for a vaccine to be available, mRNA jab is not a vaccine so doesn't stop infection?

By *ymruambythCouple  over a year ago

grantham

Suspect regulations will demand a covid passport for entry, when/if they are launched

stafford

"No cause like passports it's discrimination. Whether you have or haven't had the vaccine is each person's business and nobody else's."

I would suggest that's irresponsibility more than anything

stafford

"A little bit unfair for those who are not in the bracket yet to be vaccinated and those who are, are still waiting to get an appointment. "

Hence my suggestion to test on entry.. Which eliminates that and makes things fairer for most..

By *2123Man  over a year ago

All over

What difference would having a coloured wristband to show you’ve been tested/vaccinated make? If loads of red banded people are inside a swingers club the virus is still going to spread regardless.

If you want to be vaccinated to protect yourself then get vaccinated, the mass produced Chinese LFT tests are unreliable and inaccurate anyway there will be more false results meaning negative people get turned away and positive people believe their negative.

Covid isn’t going away probably ever, I think now It’s best to let people use there own common sense and judgment, if you’re at risk or worried get vaccinated and protect yourself as much as possible again using your own common sense to socially distance and sanitise or wear a mask. But it’s time people start thinking and acting for themselves because a lot of people and businesses are suffering and this can’t go on forever.

BTW I’m all for being vaccinated myself when I get the chance

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Nah, people can choose to ask or not. Just like people can choose to ask or not if others have been STI tested. Likewise people may or may not reply with the truth. Personally I've never seen anyone exchange STI test certification in a club. Basically it's the same as before covid, you use your judgement as to level of risk you take or just don't play at all.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Awaiting for a vaccine to be available, mRNA jab is not a vaccine so doesn't stop infection?"

Vaccines DON"T stop you getting infected, that's not how they work. A vaccine is a method of teaching your immune system how to deal with a pathogen. They generally work by simulating infection so your immune system can have the time to build it's response without the danger of an actual infection.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Awaiting for a vaccine to be available, mRNA jab is not a vaccine so doesn't stop infection?"
the vaccine does drastically reduce infection and transmission

By *ryityoumaylikeitCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"No cause like passports it's discrimination. Whether you have or haven't had the vaccine is each person's business and nobody else's.

I would suggest that's irresponsibility more than anything "

Attitudes like that is why we have the nuremburg code.

Newcastle

I'm not exactly sure how you think this would work anything can be bought online we could just spray paint those not vaccinated blue problem solved

By *akedsunloversCouple  over a year ago

midlands

proof of double vaccinations into clubs would be great,people against this basic idea are the probably the ones that go around fucking anyone & anything !!!

By *ohnnyB82Man  over a year ago

Blackpool

It does indeed, also sounds like how my grandfather's life was like in East Germany.....all you needed to say to strike fear in someone is " papers"

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

great BUT It would have to be sit in the corner while the test result the club provided came through and then a tamper proob band issued by the club OR as open to abuse as every other aspect of life

midlands

just proof on the nhs app

with photo id that it's you

no problems

By *ausage1970Man  over a year ago

The moon

"When the clubs open would it be an idea to have Covid wristbands? Green for vaccinated or had a LFT? Red for those who don't? think that's going bit too far "

Yeah I agree. Let's tone it down and go for tattoos instead?

midlands

so people that are sensible & respective of themselves & the general situation of covid,should be in close proximity of others that haven't had covid injections????

we choose NOT too play russian roulette

IGNORANCE IS A KILLER !!!!

NO JAB

NO ENTRANCE SIMPLE :-

Proof of double jabbed or negative test taken within 24hrs before going to the club

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"proof of double vaccinations into clubs would be great,people against this basic idea are the probably the ones that go around fucking anyone & anything !!!"
I'm against it because not everyone has had the opportunity yet. I do think though for night clubs and clubs etc. That a negative test before entry may be a sound thing to do.

Should I be allowed in? I’m unvaccinated as I have been advised not to have the jab (I suffer from anaphylaxis). If yes, then that means entry is not being denied to the unvaccinated through fear of perceived increased transmission but through social control ie make the same decision as us or you’re not coming in.

"When the clubs open would it be an idea to have Covid wristbands? Green for vaccinated or had a LFT? Red for those who don't? think that's going bit too far "

Yeah and a covid travel passport is totally different. Sarcasm.

By *kexpatMan  over a year ago

kingston

No need for tests and certification, how about if you are worried about catching Covid you stay away?

Where does it end? Testing and certification for STD's, TB, shingles, proof of latest flu jab.......

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman  over a year ago

Pontypridd

"No cause like passports it's discrimination. Whether you have or haven't had the vaccine is each person's business and nobody else's.

I would suggest that's irresponsibility more than anything

Attitudes like that is why we have the nuremburg code. "

How is an ethics code on experimentations the same as people wanting to make informed choices?

Discrimination is treating people differently based on something that is irrelevant - religion, race, sexuality. Whether someone is vaccinated is not irrelevant and everyone should have the choice to share space with them, or not.

If a business only allows vaccinated or exempt people in that will attract people it is important to. If a business does not have a rule about it people are free to choose whether to enter. It’s free choice.

By *ickedgames88Couple  over a year ago

stoke

We agree with peoples choice or those advised not to have covid vaccine, but, we are hoping clubs have systems in place to only allow people in who have taken a lateral flow test that evening.

It’s not 100% but it’s free and very easy to do.

Given the high infection rate at moment, it maybe the only way clubs are allowed to open on 19th July.

Clubs are our favourite swinging venues and are desperate for them to open, but, safely for everyone !

midlands

not everybody hads had the opportunity?????

what planet are you on!!!!

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

Wristbands wouldn't work as Amazon would sell them to anyone who wanted one or twelve.

By *kexpatMan  over a year ago

kingston

To those people suggesting testing or proof of vax to enter clubs, do you also insist on the same for any friend, relative or tradesman that enters your home. You have as much chance of contracting covid from any of those people than someone in a club

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

[Removed by poster at 03/07/21 15:50:52]

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

I don't understand the reason for proving people have had the vaccine for whatever reason because you can still carry it and pass it on. It's just meant to make you not as bad should you catch it.

We have had both vaccinations and have since heard, we will be having a third in September. (AstraZeneca).

» Add a new message to this topic