FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > New club opening in torbay

New club opening in torbay

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just been browsing the website for within temptations the new club opening up next month in torbay, anyone had a browse yet? Wondering what people’s thoughts are xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Indoor pool sounds good. Shame no photos of anything yet. Seems odd to have to hand your wallet/purse and keys to staff on arrival rather than putting them in your locker. Do other clubs have this policy ?

Leeds

I can see couples pay £30 per month membership plus £60 on the door but I can't find out what I would pay as a single person to go in on top of the monthly membership fee.

By *aughtycp1Couple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

[Removed by poster at 19/06/21 07:45:10]

By *aughtycp1Couple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"I can see couples pay £30 per month membership plus £60 on the door but I can't find out what I would pay as a single person to go in on top of the monthly membership fee. "

Wow that's not cheap

By *ootballFlowerCouple  over a year ago

Mansfield

£330 per year membership plus another £60 every time you visit as a couple..... is it us or does that sound pretty steep?

Leeds

I think the £30 per month lets you use the leisure facilities for free during the day.

There are some opening events listed at £40 but I don't know if that is per person or per couple

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"£330 per year membership plus another £60 every time you visit as a couple..... is it us or does that sound pretty steep?"

Yes it does

By *leasureseekers123Couple  over a year ago

Hythe

"Indoor pool sounds good. Shame no photos of anything yet. Seems odd to have to hand your wallet/purse and keys to staff on arrival rather than putting them in your locker. Do other clubs have this policy ? "

That’s an odd policy. We certainly wouldn’t give anyone our wallet and purse!

Leeds

"

That’s an odd policy. We certainly wouldn’t give anyone our wallet and purse!"

For reassurance it says only staff have access to them !

By *ude boy 2017Man  over a year ago

Bolton

Any idea what the club is called

Leeds

"Any idea what the club is called "

Within Temptations

Leeds

The Club should put something in the Club Events section to promote its opening night

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

Please could someone post the url or dm it to us?

Many thanks x

By *uxom and the BellendCouple  over a year ago

Worcs

We looked at this & the pricing seems ridiculous compared to every other club out there

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Indoor pool sounds good. Shame no photos of anything yet. Seems odd to have to hand your wallet/purse and keys to staff on arrival rather than putting them in your locker. Do other clubs have this policy ? "

It sounds expensive and I have never, and would never, trust my valuables to someone I don't know, staff or not

By *unnyb3Man  over a year ago

exeter

There is also steamer quay in Torquay which is a lot cheaper , and no membership fees

By *xploressCouple  over a year ago

Mid Devon

Heard about this today. Does seem a bit pricey for the higher end packages.. £5/month for basic plus presumably the entry fee in the gate. There's a free introductory membership offer at the mo so worth having a look I reckon. Here's a link..

withintemptation.co.uk

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

Thanks for the link.

They're having a laugh aren't they? There's absolutely nobody living in the Torbay/Exeter/Plymouth area who can cough up that sort of money, no matter how swish the club is?

Steamers it is then

At least that's how I see it.

Mansfield

"Heard about this today. Does seem a bit pricey for the higher end packages.. £5/month for basic plus presumably the entry fee in the gate. There's a free introductory membership offer at the mo so worth having a look I reckon. Here's a link..

withintemptation.co.uk "

I think that £5pm is purely to access their 'social platform' which I think translates to a forum.

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"...Within Temptation"

I thought that was a rock band from Holland

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I’m glad it’s not just me that thinks the pricing is steep, looking at the ticketed events they havnt sold a single ticket to any yet which makes me more dubious as I’d hate to shell out all that cash and it be empty x

By *eglieanCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

Might be London prices, but people in this neck of the woods wouldn't pay it. If the place is open most days and weekends, where are the people coming from? Most of us have at some point paid entrance charge, and got into a club and found it empty. VIP areas are a def non starter. Them charges , don't think it will last.

By *utty_JiggleCouple  over a year ago

Black Country

"£330 per year membership plus another £60 every time you visit as a couple..... is it us or does that sound pretty steep?"

Steep... it's f'ng vertical.

By *ebwizMan  over a year ago

Clevedon

Way overpriced. Me and the mrs would never go. Chams was £30 and free membership. As they say it will never fly, especially in that part of the south west.

Mansfield

"£330 per year membership plus another £60 every time you visit as a couple..... is it us or does that sound pretty steep?

Steep... it's f'ng vertical. "

Would love to see the market research that they used to come up with this pricing structure!!!

Leeds

There is another package available. £60 per month per couple, then it is only £50 admission, free on Sundays and you get a bottle of bubbly on your birthday.

By *eglieanCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

"There is another package available. £60 per month per couple, then it is only £50 admission, free on Sundays and you get a bottle of bubbly on your birthday. "

Ooh well that's gotta be bargain of the week.. only sixty quid a month and fifty quid to get in.

So if you go once a month,, that's £110 to get in then,, the drinks. And,,, if you can't get there on your birthday, you miss the bubbly. Wow top that deal.A real bargain.

Leeds

Disappointingly the drinks will be served in plastic.

By *hily2Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey……how much are they charging!!!!! Cant see a big appetite for those prices…….noticed no mention of single gentleman prices…..if they allow our endangered species in might have to take a re-mortgage out just for one visit!!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We got wind of the place about a month ago and we have had a few messages asking if we knew anything about it or if we knew who was behind it?

For a start bit of a strange consept trying to open a club in the southwest where clubs are few and far between and pick a location where you already have one in the same town and probably the highest regarded about ten miles away (secrets) that we can definitely verify has a pool, a hot tub, a sauna and steam room.

It's been very well talked about over the years trying to get clubs to operate in deon or Cornwall and comes down to not enough people to go to them in the catchment area not to mention the Red tape from the area having a culture and community with views from 10 years in the past.

There was a club that tried to open with the same "exclusive" marketing and pricing structure in the southwest that didn't take off or last very long. Seriously hope its going to be same people or anything like that one, We didn't appreciate the compulsory dress down at 10pm when Tom Jones "you can leave your hat on played" :-s it was so cringe worthy and forced we couldn't wait to get out and think its the only club we left after an hour or so! Record for us we used to be one of the last one's out PMSL

It would have to be pretty exceptional to ask for the kind of money on the mentioned website! On the other hand Secrets is reasonably priced, well regarded and established.

Be interested to see how things transpire?

» Add a new message to this topic