FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Clubs covid requirements

Clubs covid requirements

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittleMissCali OP   Woman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Seems they are all very different would be nice to get them all in one place.

So which clubs will be requiring testing and or covid passports..which just temperature checks etc or anything else.

Thanks

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ryityoumaylikeitCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Club play have said Vax pass or temp check.

By *nfamousbutFunWoman  over a year ago

Maidenhead

"Club play have said Vax pass or temp check."
I’d have thought it would have been temp check for everyone surely? There are many who won’t have the vax pass but even those that do have it can still contract and have covid.

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

I dont think there is going to be much

By *errysMan  over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

I had big hopes for this post being good for information but it quickly got hijacked.

Fingers crossed some people help. I am also interested in knowing.

For instance silverleigh in kent just take your temperature and you fill a form saying you can swim and you dont have covid.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don’t think temp checking is going to do much. The new delta var tends not to give people a temperature

From the information I'm getting it seems varied. Some places are doing a lot.. others nothing which I find very strange and am unlikely to personally attend club that wont be checking at least that a recent negative test has been had. As I work with vulnerable people and live with one. And I love the clubs x

are with so many with vaccines testing positive I think I would prefer that covid pass as opposed to just vaccine check.. ie a recent negative test

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

why bother with temperature check?

I've had covid. I had many symptoms but a high temperature wasn't one of them. Nor is it for most people with delta variant either

It's called hygiene theatre.

milton keynes and kent

So...... back to the posters thing.

I think kestrels are asking for nhs app and vaccine or pcr test

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"why bother with temperature check?

I've had covid. I had many symptoms but a high temperature wasn't one of them. Nor is it for most people with delta variant either

It's called hygiene theatre. "

Same. I had neither a temp nor a cough when I had Covid.....

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I would be extremely concerned if a club had no vaccine/negative test requirements. For the club and the customers.

By *hristeresa12Couple  over a year ago

Totnes

Well we're insisting on both vaccine jabs with proof either via NHS Pass app or vaccine card plus all guests have to take a lft on the day and bring it with them as proof of a negative test and we will also be temperature checking on the door. Anyone who says they can't have had the jabs for medical reasons will have to supply proof of that by a doctors letter before we consider their booking and of course they'll have to have a lft on the day again with temperature check on the door.

We're not offering invites to anti vaccers at all, it's partly thanks to their ignorance and stupidity that we've all been closed down for so long!

Yes we're going to lose a few bookings along the way but from the bookings we're getting so far the overwhelming response to these rules has been completely positive. The safety of our guests, our staff and ourselves is of paramount importance. Chris & Teresa, 'Secrets!'

Dudley

"Well we're insisting on both vaccine jabs with proof either via NHS Pass app or vaccine card plus all guests have to take a lft on the day and bring it with them as proof of a negative test and we will also be temperature checking on the door. Anyone who says they can't have had the jabs for medical reasons will have to supply proof of that by a doctors letter before we consider their booking and of course they'll have to have a lft on the day again with temperature check on the door.

We're not offering invites to anti vaccers at all, it's partly thanks to their ignorance and stupidity that we've all been closed down for so long!

Yes we're going to lose a few bookings along the way but from the bookings we're getting so far the overwhelming response to these rules has been completely positive. The safety of our guests, our staff and ourselves is of paramount importance. Chris & Teresa, 'Secrets!'"

Really great to hear you're not afraid to stand your ground. Best of luck going forward

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"Well we're insisting on both vaccine jabs with proof either via NHS Pass app or vaccine card plus all guests have to take a lft on the day and bring it with them as proof of a negative test and we will also be temperature checking on the door. Anyone who says they can't have had the jabs for medical reasons will have to supply proof of that by a doctors letter before we consider their booking and of course they'll have to have a lft on the day again with temperature check on the door.

Yes we're going to lose a few bookings along the way but from the bookings we're getting so far the overwhelming response to these rules has been completely positive. The safety of our guests, our staff and ourselves is of paramount importance. Chris & Teresa, 'Secrets!'"

No thanks.

Dudley

Yes we're going to lose a few bookings along the way but from the bookings we're getting so far the overwhelming response to these rules has been completely positive. The safety of our guests, our staff and ourselves is of paramount importance. Chris & Teresa, 'Secrets!'

No thanks. "

I don't think you were invited.

I will only be attending clubs that are taking similar precautions

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman  over a year ago

Pontypridd

This is fantastic. I hope any clubs near me are this professional and concerned about their staff and customers.

By *exy4youxxWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

I have only just realised you could get these lft test for free so I ordered a pack you get 7 BUT says they ending the free in August so my question is do you expect people to have to pay for tests ? Or will the proof of vaccine be enough?

By *n With LifeCouple  over a year ago

Hadley Wood

This is fantastic. I hope any clubs near me are this professional and concerned about their staff and customers. "

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

Just wondering, if clubs can insist on proof of vaccination etc.

Can the customers insist on full ventilation in all rooms ?

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

Covid declaration, proof of vaccine or negative lft and temperature check on arrival for jaydees.

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"Just wondering, if clubs can insist on proof of vaccination etc.

Can the customers insist on full ventilation in all rooms ?"

Yes they are private members clubs. In fact Boris is hoping they do insist on vaccines /tests

Up North

If you don’t want to prove your vaccination status or have a test etc then don’t go. Simple

By *anshee99Woman  over a year ago

nw

I wish they'd ask for neg test but alot aren't.

By *hristeresa12Couple  over a year ago

Totnes

I have only just realised you could get these lft test for free so I ordered a pack you get 7 BUT says they ending the free in August so my question is do you expect people to have to pay for tests ? Or will the proof of vaccine be enough? "

Our rules are crystal clear, why should the fact that you may have to pay for lateral flow tests later make a blind bit of difference. Do the sensible thing and get a few packs in, one pack will give you enough per person for seven parties....Some people!

Dudley

No. Quite simply. If you don't like their rules, don't attend.

By *ickedgames88Couple  over a year ago

stoke

Not been to your club before but because of your stance on COVID requirements we will be coming soon. Thank you.x

stoke

"Not been to your club before but because of your stance on COVID requirements we will be coming soon. Thank you.x"

Oops ment for Secrets post forgot the reply and quote bit!!!

By *lub playCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool, At The Crack Of Dawn!!

This is correct but we will be temperature everyone regardless of them having the Covid pass or not as an extra safety measure.

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Personally it should be all clubs say proof of double jab or no entry. We wont be going to clubs for some time to come .k

North West

"Personally it should be all clubs say proof of double jab or no entry. We wont be going to clubs for some time to come .k "

Many at the younger end of the age spectrum won't be double jabbed till September or October through no fault of their own. Also some people (very few) genuinely cannot have the vaccine. A recent negative test should also be accepted.

"Personally it should be all clubs say proof of double jab or no entry. We wont be going to clubs for some time to come .k

Many at the younger end of the age spectrum won't be double jabbed till September or October through no fault of their own. Also some people (very few) genuinely cannot have the vaccine. A recent negative test should also be accepted."

to be honest I think a recent negative test is more important than the vaccination status xx

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

This is a shocking message and very rude

stoke

"Club play have said Vax pass or temp check.

This is correct but we will be temperature everyone regardless of them having the Covid pass or not as an extra safety measure. "

Was happy when you were just allowing entry with pass or lft, but, am I reading correctly now that if someone isn’t willing to produce either you will accept just a temp check? Not being funny just want to double check. Thanks

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

This is a shocking message and very rude"

Not mention that asking for proof of a disability is also quite illegal.

Dudley

"

Actually, you can get a covid pass exemption in specific cases where you cannot have the vaccines for medical reasons, asking for that is not illegal.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Not really a shocking message is it, they have every right to protect their staff, guests and most importantly their business. This is the sort of club I would be happy to attend just on the grounds of the rules they have in place to protect people.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

I agree - what a disgusting attitude . I’m fully vaccinated but would not go around calling an anti vaccer ‘ignorant and rude’ .

Pontypridd

Why is it either? What’s the shock in a business taking responsibility for the well being of staff and guests? Wouldn’t you prefer to go to a club that does take the situation seriously?

As for the comment about anti vaxxers - they are going to be a problem for many industries as they are a liability. Why should a business and their guests accept that liability because of an individual’s choice?

You are free to choose the vaccine or not. And the rest of us are free to choose to avoid risking our health by being in contact with you.

By *orkie_oneMan  over a year ago

maidenhead

i may be wrong but i dont think that any guide lines have been given to clubs you have to remember these clubs have been closed for over 15 months. some will be responsible but each to there own has an individual you need to make the choice of what suits you some clubs my do nothing thats because NO Guidelines given.

but well done to the ones that are doing something

but we all have to take responsibility not just the clubs and club owners

but roll on freedom day i for one cant wait

North West

"

Being genuinely unable to have a vaccine is not a disability. For example, having a risk of anaphylaxis to the vaccine ingredients is one of the main (and very rare) reasons, but unless the allergy caused the person "substantial and long term difficulty in carrying out every day tasks", then it's not a disability.

The definition of a disability under the Equality Act 2010 is a condition causing "substantial and long term difficulty in carrying out day to day tasks". Long term is defined as lasting more than one year. Substantial is highly subjective and open to interpretation. Anyone diagnosed with cancer or certain types of mental health or psychiatric condition are automatically defined as disabled without the one year bit. However, even if someone met the definition of disabled, it may not be their disability that stops them having the vaccine.

The number of people genuinely medically unable to be vaccinated and who have been told by medical professionals not to have it is exceptionally small. Some people have made a decision not to have it because that's how they've weighed things up, but they've not actually been instructed by a doctor to abstain.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Why is it either? What’s the shock in a business taking responsibility for the well being of staff and guests? Wouldn’t you prefer to go to a club that does take the situation seriously?

As for the comment about anti vaxxers - they are going to be a problem for many industries as they are a liability. Why should a business and their guests accept that liability because of an individual’s choice?

You are free to choose the vaccine or not. And the rest of us are free to choose to avoid risking our health by being in contact with you. "

^^this^^

Up North

What’s shocking the fact they want to keep everyone safe? They have the right as a private members club to do what they like and those not happy can stay away

By *rMrs84Couple  over a year ago

Doncaster

We’re going to be looking ypu up.

By *issVenusWoman  over a year ago

East Midlands

I see that Chameleons are asking for a covid passport or a negative lft.

Looking forward to going back soon

"From the information I'm getting it seems varied. Some places are doing a lot.. others nothing which I find very strange and am unlikely to personally attend club that wont be checking at least that a recent negative test has been had. As I work with vulnerable people and live with one. And I love the clubs x"

I'm with you on this one definitely

By *gd66Man  over a year ago

Lichfield

Yes we're going to lose a few bookings along the way but from the bookings we're getting so far the overwhelming response to these rules has been completely positive. The safety of our guests, our staff and ourselves is of paramount importance. Chris & Teresa, 'Secrets!' I will only be attending clubs that are taking similar precautions"

So what are the requirements at the attic Cali ?

"From the information I'm getting it seems varied. Some places are doing a lot.. others nothing which I find very strange and am unlikely to personally attend club that wont be checking at least that a recent negative test has been had. As I work with vulnerable people and live with one. And I love the clubs x"
Answer-dont go to any

Dudley

"From the information I'm getting it seems varied. Some places are doing a lot.. others nothing which I find very strange and am unlikely to personally attend club that wont be checking at least that a recent negative test has been had. As I work with vulnerable people and live with one. And I love the clubs xAnswer-dont go to any"

Or, we can just go to the ones with requirements.

Hows longs a piece of string

Bravo my dears. Well done.

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

How will clubs know when or who did a lateral flow test … it could be any bodies or an old one …

I suppose if it’s free you would hope that people are sensible and do a recent one …

"How will clubs know when or who did a lateral flow test … it could be any bodies or an old one …

I suppose if it’s free you would hope that people are sensible and do a recent one …"

I would imagine there would be some available on the door for this very reason. Which makes sense.

Dudley

"How will clubs know when or who did a lateral flow test … it could be any bodies or an old one …

I suppose if it’s free you would hope that people are sensible and do a recent one …"

You have to register the results on the nhs app and you get a QR code that can be scanned showing name dob and test result/vaccine status

Totnes

I suppose if it’s free you would hope that people are sensible and do a recent one …

You have to register the results on the nhs app and you get a QR code that can be scanned showing name dob and test result/vaccine status"

Ah, are clubs requiring that registration I wonder , or can people just turn up and show the test thing…I suspect the latter..

Dudley

You have to register the results on the nhs app and you get a QR code that can be scanned showing name dob and test result/vaccine status

Ah, are clubs requiring that registration I wonder , or can people just turn up and show the test thing…I suspect the latter.."

Chams requires the covid pass on the nhs app or a test result registered on the government website.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

No thanks.

I don't think you were invited. "

I shouldn't laugh.

But bwahahahaha.

E

Dudley

No thanks.

I don't think you were invited.

I shouldn't laugh.

But bwahahahaha.

E"

The South

It's neither shocking or rude.

The club are choosing to.protect their staff, members and business.

Bravo clubs that take this position.

E

portchester

I cannot have the vaccine due to allergies and previous health issues and nobody will advise me otherwise the doctor won’t even talk to me about it. That does not make me stupid

portchester

Nor am I ignorant

The South

"I cannot have the vaccine due to allergies and previous health issues and nobody will advise me otherwise the doctor won’t even talk to me about it. That does not make me stupid "

Are you able to take PCR or LFT tests?

E

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

If only all clubs were taking your stance, keeping customers and staff safe. Thinking of everyones well being and safety. We were so hopeful when we seen the announcement by the government asking clubs to use the NHS app and to be cautious. One club we respected a lot started saying straight away they would go down this route but then within 2 days did a U turn and said temp checks only. We thought we would be returning sooner than we anticipated with this news, but most clubs have decided not to be cautious and not do what the government were hoping they would. So unless we find a club nearer who are doing what you are doing at Secrets, it will probably be 2022 before we are able to return. As Cali says people are vulnerable or living with vulnerable people so being cautious is a good mitigation for us in that demographic. They should remember people like us have been supporting clubs for a very long time and to leave us standing on the side lines with no regard leaves a bad taste

If only all clubs were taking your stance, keeping customers and staff safe. Thinking of everyones well being and safety. We were so hopeful when we seen the announcement by the government asking clubs to use the NHS app and to be cautious. One club we respected a lot started saying straight away they would go down this route but then within 2 days did a U turn and said temp checks only. We thought we would be returning sooner than we anticipated with this news, but most clubs have decided not to be cautious and not do what the government were hoping they would. So unless we find a club nearer who are doing what you are doing at Secrets, it will probably be 2022 before we are able to return. As Cali says people are vulnerable or living with vulnerable people so being cautious is a good mitigation for us in that demographic. They should remember people like us have been supporting clubs for a very long time and to leave us standing on the side lines with no regard leaves a bad taste "

Although we respect your opinion unless all clubs implement the Covid-19 pass as one or it a legal requirement which we hope it is soon, this approach is not viable as a business and excataly why government passed the buck with no funding onto the nighttime industry.

Most clubs have been shut with no income and very little government funding for 18 months now and I think people should remember that before making thenm scape goats for a bad government policy that us unworkable. Those businesses like ours need money to pay bills and to stay open and on a personal level to pay our bills including mortgage & food!

The sad fact is we had nearly 50% of customer threatened to cancel over Covid-19 passes & go elsewhere and why we had to find a compromise to open or close our doors for good and give this up for a bad joke & move on. This is why we say unless all clubs implement it or it become law the covid pass is unworkable as people sorry to say overwhelming dont want or to use it outside of these forums.

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

Doctors will not issue a letter stating you can't have the vaccine for medical reasons.

portchester

"I cannot have the vaccine due to allergies and previous health issues and nobody will advise me otherwise the doctor won’t even talk to me about it. That does not make me stupid

E"

Yes I do those

Up North

If only all clubs were taking your stance, keeping customers and staff safe. Thinking of everyones well being and safety. We were so hopeful when we seen the announcement by the government asking clubs to use the NHS app and to be cautious. One club we respected a lot started saying straight away they would go down this route but then within 2 days did a U turn and said temp checks only. We thought we would be returning sooner than we anticipated with this news, but most clubs have decided not to be cautious and not do what the government were hoping they would. So unless we find a club nearer who are doing what you are doing at Secrets, it will probably be 2022 before we are able to return. As Cali says people are vulnerable or living with vulnerable people so being cautious is a good mitigation for us in that demographic. They should remember people like us have been supporting clubs for a very long time and to leave us standing on the side lines with no regard leaves a bad taste

Although we respect your opinion unless all clubs implement the Covid-19 pass as one or it a legal requirement which we hope it is soon, this approach is not viable as a business and excataly why government passed the buck with no funding onto the nighttime industry.

Most clubs have been shut with no income and very little government funding for 18 months now and I think people should remember that before making thenm scape goats for a bad government policy that us unworkable. Those businesses like ours need money to pay bills and to stay open and on a personal level to pay our bills including mortgage & food!

The sad fact is we had nearly 50% of customer threatened to cancel over Covid-19 passes & go elsewhere and why we had to find a compromise to open or close our doors for good and give this up for a bad joke & move on. This is why we say unless all clubs implement it or it become law the covid pass is unworkable as people sorry to say overwhelming dont want or to use it outside of these forums."

I get where you are coming from but also look at it another way. Someone attends your club positive and next week you are shut due to an outbreak.

The South

"I cannot have the vaccine due to allergies and previous health issues and nobody will advise me otherwise the doctor won’t even talk to me about it. That does not make me stupid

E

Yes I do those "

I'd ask any venue you wanted to.enter if they'd be acceptable for entry.

If so, you have nothing to stop you going to a club.

E

Dudley

E

Yes I do those

I'd ask any venue you wanted to.enter if they'd be acceptable for entry.

If so, you have nothing to stop you going to a club.

E"

The covid pass can be issued based upon a negative test and are valid for 48 hours after you've taken the test.

stoke

The sad fact is we had nearly 50% of customer threatened to cancel over Covid-19 passes & go elsewhere and why we had to find a compromise to open or close our doors for good and give this up for a bad joke & move on. This is why we say unless all clubs implement it or it become law the covid pass is unworkable as people sorry to say overwhelming dont want or to use it outside of these forums."

Genuinely sorry for clubs and loss of livelihood but possibly there is another 50 % of us that want more of a safety net than a temp check. Not all covid cases display temperature with new varient. To be honest covid pass without lft test is probably not enough.

Really wish your business well though.x

Durham

WOW 50% of people who disregard peoples well being in a club. We are best to wait for sure, as a lot of others will be doing. Hope you can keep your vulnerable family safe with your decision. At the end of the day each club has to make their own decisions for their own reasons. Fingers crossed for all, they make the right decision for them

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"why bother with temperature check?

It's called hygiene theatre. "

Why not do temperature test? There's nothing to lose. It's one second with an IR temperature gun, totally non invasive. Maybe temperature only detects 2 in 10 cases. Maybe LFT only detects 3 in 10 cases. Maybe sore throat only detects 1 in 10. Maybe losing sense of smell only detects another 2 in 10. That's 8 out of 10 that you've detected, which is a damn sight better than nothing.

Keeping safe in a pandemic is all a numbers game. Wear a mask - you're a bit safer. Get a jab - you're a bit safer. Only go places where they check people's temperature - you're a bit safer. Keep out people that have recently been near someone that's got it - you're a bit safer. No single one of these things will prevent you catching covid. But all of them together, and you've got a damn sight more chance of being safe than someone that does none of them.

Stockport

"Well we're insisting on both vaccine jabs with proof either via NHS Pass app or vaccine card plus all guests have to take a lft on the day and bring it with them as proof of a negative test and we will also be temperature checking on the door. '"

Requiring double vaccinated AND negative test descriminates against under 30s who, if following the age based vaccination schedule, would have only normally had only one vaccination (at the moment and for another couple of weeks)

milton keynes and kent

"

Why not do temperature test? There's nothing to lose. It's one second with an IR temperature gun, totally non invasive. Maybe temperature only detects 2 in 10 cases. Maybe LFT only detects 3 in 10 cases. Maybe sore throat only detects 1 in 10. Maybe losing sense of smell only detects another 2 in 10. That's 8 out of 10 that you've detected, which is a damn sight better than nothing.

Keeping safe in a pandemic is all a numbers game. Wear a mask - you're a bit safer. Get a jab - you're a bit safer. Only go places where they check people's temperature - you're a bit safer. Keep out people that have recently been near someone that's got it - you're a bit safer. No single one of these things will prevent you catching covid. But all of them together, and you've got a damn sight more chance of being safe than someone that does none of them."

This sums it up perfectly.

Well said.

"Well we're insisting on both vaccine jabs with proof either via NHS Pass app or vaccine card plus all guests have to take a lft on the day and bring it with them as proof of a negative test and we will also be temperature checking on the door. '

Requiring double vaccinated AND negative test descriminates against under 30s who, if following the age based vaccination schedule, would have only normally had only one vaccination (at the moment and for another couple of weeks)"

I think the covid pass shows green if you have had a negative test in the prior 48 hours too. I know my sons does and he has only had his single vaccine but is testing every few days x

Stockport

This is really sad. I understand perfectly that you are doing the best you can to keep going, and you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Time and again this government has failed and has made decisions that do not protect people, do not protect businesses, do not protect the economy. My hope, regarding the club scene in particular, is that a consensus quickly develops where venues all opt to take more precautions rather than less. I suspect that every club owner will be keenly observing what happens at their neighbouring clubs, hopefully this will result in cooperation in applying higher standards in covid checking, rather than a race to the bottom.

[Removed by poster at 18/07/21 22:46:50]

The sad fact is we had nearly 50% of customer threatened to cancel over Covid-19 passes & go elsewhere and why we had to find a compromise to open or close our doors for good and give this up for a bad joke & move on. This is why we say unless all clubs implement it or it become law the covid pass is unworkable as people sorry to say overwhelming dont want or to use it outside of these forums. I get where you are coming from but also look at it another way. Someone attends your club positive and next week you are shut due to an outbreak. "

This could happen at any club unless you test everyone single person that enters the building which is unworkable in practice. Even the Covid pass will not stop this but its the best idea I have seen to open clubs with reduced

risk but as I say it needs to be compulsory or people will simply not comply and give clubs abuse.

Look at the NHS track & trace app, around 20%, thats millions of people have already deleted it and that number grows daily. From tomorrow no one needs to scan the thing to go into a pub and watch thescenes in night clubs & pubs tomorrow and you think a swingers club has any chance of implementing the Covid pass with that going on?

I am afraid we have a negligent government who have opened up to soon and have decided on herd immunity and letting those not vaccinated catch it be them young or old to achieve it. The phrase I keep hearing is ' We have to learn to live with it '

Unless the NHS get completely overstretch this is the world we live in. We are looking at 100,000 to 200,000 cases a day in a few weeks only at this point do we think the government will make theses covid passes compulsory or close us again.

Please stop bashing club this is a government policy thats completely unworkable left to the nighttime industry to decide what to do with. The fact is 9 out of 10 all night venues in county will not be using these passes shows how utterly stupid the government policy is.

Totnes

I was chatting to a manager of a music / club venue yesterday...and he said exactly as the above, most of his customers dont have the app etc and the club would have no customers if he tried to implement any kind of meaningful vetting ..

The only thing he can do is support the staff that want to wear masks and he is going to try and make sure as much ventilation as possible and cap numbers at 75 percent of capacity ...but it's all pretty meaningless in terms of reducing risks...

The South

"Well we're insisting on both vaccine jabs with proof either via NHS Pass app or vaccine card plus all guests have to take a lft on the day and bring it with them as proof of a negative test and we will also be temperature checking on the door. '

Requiring double vaccinated AND negative test descriminates against under 30s who, if following the age based vaccination schedule, would have only normally had only one vaccination (at the moment and for another couple of weeks)"

In which case, they can go in a couple of weeks.

After 18 months of not being able to attend a club, another 14 days is hardly a major inconvenience.

E

"I was chatting to a manager of a music / club venue yesterday...and he said exactly as the above, most of his customers dont have the app etc and the club would have no customers if he tried to implement any kind of meaningful vetting ..

The only thing he can do is support the staff that want to wear masks and he is going to try and make sure as much ventilation as possible and cap numbers at 75 percent of capacity ...but it's all pretty meaningless in terms of reducing risks...

"

I dont actually know anyone that personally has not got the NHS app.... even before this most seemed to. I think people get confused between the nhs covid 19 app that has the track and trace with the actual nhs app

Stockport

"I was chatting to a manager of a music / club venue yesterday...and he said exactly as the above, most of his customers dont have the app etc and the club would have no customers if he tried to implement any kind of meaningful vetting ..

I dont actually know anyone that personally has not got the NHS app.... even before this most seemed to. I think people get confused between the nhs covid 19 app that has the track and trace with the actual nhs app "

I've never got round to loading the nhs medical record app on my phone. I do however use the webpage version of it on my computer for things like checking my records, looking up exactly which doctor saw me for which problem, booking appointments etc. Very useful. And as soon as I have an intention to go anywhere that it might be an advantage to be able to prove my vaxx status, I will certainly load up the app.

Durham

We see chameleons are doing the right thing and not racing to the bottom as a poster says above about a lot of clubs. We've been wanting to go to this club for a while but always ended up at our favourite club in Derby. We have been told our favourite club will have zero checks so won't be going back there. We'll be looking to gain our membership at Chameleons. Seen great reviews from this club and shows how good they must be stepping up to the plate and taking things forward in a respectful safe manner. After all, the restriction to get into clubs, keeping clients and staff safe should only be in the short term. Suppose that's all how things pan out though.

Durham

Oh yea, we seen Jaydees are stepping up too. Another club that has been on our radar, so a visit there is pencilled in too

[Removed by poster at 19/07/21 07:59:52]

Try again but sounding better oppsss

Does anyone know if The Attic has any requirements? we are planning to go but waiting on my 2nd jab (then waiting a week or 2 after it).... xx

"Try again but sounding better oppsss

Does anyone know if The Attic has any requirements? we are planning to go but waiting on my 2nd jab (then waiting a week or 2 after it).... xx"

as far as I am aware they aren't requiring anything.

Durham

Does anyone know if The Attic has any requirements? we are planning to go but waiting on my 2nd jab (then waiting a week or 2 after it).... xx as far as I am aware they aren't requiring anything. "

Absolutely nothing in place to keep us a little safer we have been told

Does anyone know if The Attic has any requirements? we are planning to go but waiting on my 2nd jab (then waiting a week or 2 after it).... xx as far as I am aware they aren't requiring anything.

Absolutely nothing in place to keep us a little safer we have been told "

not going to lie.. I was really disappointed. As I was looking forward to popping in x

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Yes we're going to lose a few bookings along the way but from the bookings we're getting so far the overwhelming response to these rules has been completely positive. The safety of our guests, our staff and ourselves is of paramount importance. Chris & Teresa, 'Secrets!' I will only be attending clubs that are taking similar precautions"

Same here

Pontefract

[Removed by poster at 19/07/21 08:23:57]

Pontefract

Oh and your not allowed to order loads in ....

Pontefract

I have only just realised you could get these lft test for free so I ordered a pack you get 7 BUT says they ending the free in August so my question is do you expect people to have to pay for tests ? Or will the proof of vaccine be enough?

Our rules are crystal clear, why should the fact that you may have to pay for lateral flow tests later make a blind bit of difference. Do the sensible thing and get a few packs in, one pack will give you enough per person for seven parties....Some people!"

There is no need to be so rude i was only asking a question and yes the fact they won't be free does make a blind bit of difference as people who are selling them for sometimes triple the prices !! Rules in this world seem to change at a drop of a hat nowadays lol

Durham

Does anyone know if The Attic has any requirements? we are planning to go but waiting on my 2nd jab (then waiting a week or 2 after it).... xx as far as I am aware they aren't requiring anything.

Absolutely nothing in place to keep us a little safer we have been told not going to lie.. I was really disappointed. As I was looking forward to popping in x"

We were very disappointed too. But hey ho it gives us that push to try the other clubs that have been on our radar who are trying their best to keep us all safe. Really funny folk have critised the government for not keeping people safe, the government then give the tools for folk to it and then take the same route not to keep their clients and staff safe with criticism it not been put into law just advice. Crazy world we live in

By *urekaPartiesCouple  over a year ago

FAWKHAM

Eureka

We at Eureka have in place temperature checks upon entry. If you do receive a high reading you would be asked to carry out a LFT test in your vehicle and await result. We do ask our members to use common sense in safeguarding yourselves and others as we move away from governing restrictions.

Thank you from Eureka

Dudley

"We see chameleons are doing the right thing and not racing to the bottom as a poster says above about a lot of clubs. We've been wanting to go to this club for a while but always ended up at our favourite club in Derby. We have been told our favourite club will have zero checks so won't be going back there. We'll be looking to gain our membership at Chameleons. Seen great reviews from this club and shows how good they must be stepping up to the plate and taking things forward in a respectful safe manner. After all, the restriction to get into clubs, keeping clients and staff safe should only be in the short term. Suppose that's all how things pan out though. "

Chams is great, it's my favourite club, I'm going on Friday for the reopening party, I'm super excited.

Durham

"We see chameleons are doing the right thing and not racing to the bottom as a poster says above about a lot of clubs. We've been wanting to go to this club for a while but always ended up at our favourite club in Derby. We have been told our favourite club will have zero checks so won't be going back there. We'll be looking to gain our membership at Chameleons. Seen great reviews from this club and shows how good they must be stepping up to the plate and taking things forward in a respectful safe manner. After all, the restriction to get into clubs, keeping clients and staff safe should only be in the short term. Suppose that's all how things pan out though.

Chams is great, it's my favourite club, I'm going on Friday for the reopening party, I'm super excited. "

We have been told time and time again to get there. Now our favourite club, should say X favourite, don't have any safety measures in place we are definitely going to Chams. Hopefully make some new friends

Dudley

"We see chameleons are doing the right thing and not racing to the bottom as a poster says above about a lot of clubs. We've been wanting to go to this club for a while but always ended up at our favourite club in Derby. We have been told our favourite club will have zero checks so won't be going back there. We'll be looking to gain our membership at Chameleons. Seen great reviews from this club and shows how good they must be stepping up to the plate and taking things forward in a respectful safe manner. After all, the restriction to get into clubs, keeping clients and staff safe should only be in the short term. Suppose that's all how things pan out though.

Chams is great, it's my favourite club, I'm going on Friday for the reopening party, I'm super excited.

We have been told time and time again to get there. Now our favourite club, should say X favourite, don't have any safety measures in place we are definitely going to Chams. Hopefully make some new friends "

Come on a Friday, that's my night of choice, we can have a chat and a giggle

We have been told time and time again to get there. Now our favourite club, should say X favourite, don't have any safety measures in place we are definitely going to Chams. Hopefully make some new friends "

you really do need to go xx

Durham

We have been told time and time again to get there. Now our favourite club, should say X favourite, don't have any safety measures in place we are definitely going to Chams. Hopefully make some new friends

Come on a Friday, that's my night of choice, we can have a chat and a giggle "

Thanks Keeley, we would most likely make a weekend of it so both Friday and Saturday. We'll give it a few weeks and let everyone get back and wait till it quiets down a bit, saying that from what we've been told it's always busy with it being a great club and would think now they are doing the right thing more people like us will be looking to go due to them being respectful towards their clientele with safety restrictions. We'll be looking out for for

Dudley

Thanks Keeley, we would most likely make a weekend of it so both Friday and Saturday. We'll give it a few weeks and let everyone get back and wait till it quiets down a bit, saying that from what we've been told it's always busy with it being a great club and would think now they are doing the right thing more people like us will be looking to go due to them being respectful towards their clientele with safety restrictions. We'll be looking out for for "

See you in a few weeks then!

By *ifespotterMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Indeed I do. My opinion and I'm entitled to it. And before you start to badmouth me firstly remember the forum rules

1.Don't badmouth other members or "name and shame"

I work as a hospital porter, our hospital "in the center of the worst area in the country" according to the PM hasn't been full for 9 months, hasnt had a 1/10 the cases admitted than is being reported and has staff sat around doing nothing cause people are scared to come. So if you I'd start by going to do some homework on who owns all the major shares in all the vaccine companies then tell me you still believe

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

Temp checks aren’t accurate (unless been inside the same room with the thermometer for 30 mins)

LFT tests aren’t accurate a lot of the time even if done by the person attending...

LFT tests don’t prove who did the test....

double vaxxed doesn’t guarantee no covid

No proof/ restrictions in place looks like they aren’t doing anything to protect people....

All these together might reduce the risk but who knows by how much.

No club can win whatever they do.

I think anyone attending a club over the next few months has to be totally happy to be putting themselves in a busy environment and the position to be mingling with people with covid and there’s nothing the club can do about that.

If your not happy to be in that position then imo you shouldn’t be attending.

North West

"Indeed I do. My opinion and I'm entitled to it. And before you start to badmouth me firstly remember the forum rules

I work as a hospital porter, our hospital "in the center of the worst area in the country" according to the PM hasn't been full for 9 months, hasnt had a 1/10 the cases admitted than is being reported and has staff sat around doing nothing cause people are scared to come. So if you I'd start by going to do some homework on who owns all the major shares in all the vaccine companies then tell me you still believe"

If your location is correct on here... your obvs not a Porter on your local covid wards ha

Up North

End of sept vaccination required for nightclubs

North West

"Indeed I do. My opinion and I'm entitled to it. And before you start to badmouth me firstly remember the forum rules

I work as a hospital porter, our hospital "in the center of the worst area in the country" according to the PM hasn't been full for 9 months, hasnt had a 1/10 the cases admitted than is being reported and has staff sat around doing nothing cause people are scared to come. So if you I'd start by going to do some homework on who owns all the major shares in all the vaccine companies then tell me you still believe"

My next door neighbour is a nurse at the RBH. I'll take her word for it and this is a load of codswallop. The RBH has been busy throughout and the number of cases admitted to the hospital has increased quite a bit in recent weeks:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19437646.coronavirus-patients-bolton-hospital-doubles-compared-june/

In June, they had to ship patients out to other hospitals as they were over capacity: https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/18/covid-bolton-hospital-forced-to-send-critically-ill-patients-elsewhere-14792487/

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

atlantisEVOLUTION. Stoke.

Re-opens on Friday 6 & Saturday 7 August 2021. 9pm till 2am.

Entry will require that members provide proof of a Double Vaccination or Negative LFT/PCR taken within the last 72 hours or Proof of Immunity.

Masks are not required - you may choose to wear a mask, however.

Sanitizer Stations are in every main area in the club. (as we always have had). Please use them.

We are operating an enhanced cleaning and ventilation regime.

Test results must be supported by official documentation. NHS/GP or Authorised Body.

Cat X

PS. The government announced today that ALL Nightclubs will require a Double Vaccine Proof from September.

Durham

"End of sept vaccination required for nightclubs"

Yes an interesting Covid announcement by the government and that is what they seem to be saying. They will put it in law by September. All the clubs that are reopening without safety in place now are shooting themselves in the foot. Lots will have shown their loyalty to clubs that are opening cautiously as the government has asked with safety in mind

Bolton

I work as a hospital porter, our hospital "in the center of the worst area in the country" according to the PM hasn't been full for 9 months, hasnt had a 1/10 the cases admitted than is being reported and has staff sat around doing nothing cause people are scared to come. So if you I'd start by going to do some homework on who owns all the major shares in all the vaccine companies then tell me you still believe

My next door neighbour is a nurse at the RBH. I'll take her word for it and this is a load of codswallop. The RBH has been busy throughout and the number of cases admitted to the hospital has increased quite a bit in recent weeks:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19437646.coronavirus-patients-bolton-hospital-doubles-compared-june/

In June, they had to ship patients out to other hospitals as they were over capacity: https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/18/covid-bolton-hospital-forced-to-send-critically-ill-patients-elsewhere-14792487/"

Not going to argue with you. Don't take my word for it, just go. no-one will stop you. Walk in, have a walk round see how busy the place is.

People who dont watch the news or read a paper are ill-informed those that do are miss in-formed.

Also go google how many NHS workers have been fired for speaking out

Dudley

You should stop badmouthing others then really.

By *horty4Man  over a year ago

london

I don’t know about anyone else but when I’m ill and go to hospital I always ask to see a Porter. I don’t want any of those idiots that study for years and absorb the hundreds of years of accumulated knowledge. I mean only a fool would do that.

By *eglieanCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

You couldn't make some of this stuff up....think if this guy gets in a club no one else will be there if they let him in.

Bolton

I don’t know about anyone else but when I’m ill and go to hospital I always ask to see a Porter. I don’t want any of those idiots that study for years and absorb the hundreds of years of accumulated knowledge. I mean only a fool would do that. "

Ad hominem is a tactic used by idiots with no real argument for the topic in question but like to get involved and then think they won the debate

Bolton

"You couldn't make some of this stuff up....think if this guy gets in a club no one else will be there if they let him in."
So many people with an empty opinion. If anything I say you can discredit then by all means do so. But to just pipe in with such an empty comment is borderline ............

Bolton

Im glad its not just me that thought that. It's one of the most rude & ignorant reply's I've ever heard from a business owner. Very unprofessional. Even if I agreed with their policy I wouldn't want an invite

Bolton

"You should stop badmouthing others then really. "
If you believe I have you should report that post. Bad mouthing is against the rules

Bolton

"If your location is correct on here... your obvs not a Porter on your local covid wards ha "
And what makes you say that?

[Removed by poster at 19/07/21 18:31:05]

North West

"If your location is correct on here... your obvs not a Porter on your local covid wards ha And what makes you say that?"

Well if it’s not full like you said... why are they opening another covid ward?

This is a shocking message and very rudeIm glad its not just me that thought that. It's one of the most rude & ignorant reply's I've ever heard from a business owner. Very unprofessional. Even if I agreed with their policy I wouldn't want an invite"

I’m quite sure you wouldn’t get one!

Absolutely nothing in place to keep us a little safer we have been told not going to lie.. I was really disappointed. As I was looking forward to popping in x"

ah damn... we wasnt going until i had at least a week pass from my 2nd jab.... xx

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I am assuming that swinging clubs will come under the crowded areas part coming in at the end of September… which will mean proof of double jab will be required

By *ennyblossomsWoman  over a year ago

Londonderry

Happy days can't wait to get back to fun

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"I am assuming that swinging clubs will come under the crowded areas part coming in at the end of September… which will mean proof of double jab will be required "

Sorry but I think it heartbreaking that people jlackmail in to have vacation.

Feel as if a little bit of the Country is lost and we all have I'd card's 2022...

Pontypridd

I work in major hospital and was involved in setting up covid wards. We were full. Lots of people died, including staff. One survived but has long covid. I guess the hospital you are in just got lucky

Why does the vaccine company matter? It’s a pandemic. It’s not man made, it’s natural (happy to send you links to the science papers proving it), and we need a vaccine.

newcastle

"End of sept vaccination required for nightclubs

Yes an interesting Covid announcement by the government and that is what they seem to be saying. They will put it in law by September. All the clubs that are reopening without safety in place now are shooting themselves in the foot. Lots will have shown their loyalty to clubs that are opening cautiously as the government has asked with safety in mind "

It's so obvious that this announcement only has one aim, it's to scare the 18 to 30 year olds into getting a vaccine in case they can't get into a club. And nothing wrong with that.

BUT I'd lay good money it'll never be implemented.

Think about it, those who won't have the jab will have likely caught covid by Sept so will have natural immunity anyway.

It would only need one nightclub owner to take the Gov to Court claiming discrimination because why should nightclubs have to operate this scheme when pubs or cinemas don't ?

Pontypridd

"I am assuming that swinging clubs will come under the crowded areas part coming in at the end of September… which will mean proof of double jab will be required

Sorry but I think it heartbreaking that people ****** in to have vacation.

Feel as if a little bit of the Country is lost and we all have I'd card's 2022... "

I think it’s heart breaking that there are people in society that aren’t willing to do a small thing in order to protect vulnerable people in society.

You are not being forced. You are free to choose to vaccinate or not. And society is free to choose the best way to protect the majority from those that represent a risk.

Up North

Yes an interesting Covid announcement by the government and that is what they seem to be saying. They will put it in law by September. All the clubs that are reopening without safety in place now are shooting themselves in the foot. Lots will have shown their loyalty to clubs that are opening cautiously as the government has asked with safety in mind

It's so obvious that this announcement only has one aim, it's to scare the 18 to 30 year olds into getting a vaccine in case they can't get into a club. And nothing wrong with that.

Think about it, those who won't have the jab will have likely caught covid by Sept so will have natural immunity anyway.

It would only need one nightclub owner to take the Gov to Court claiming discrimination because why should nightclubs have to operate this scheme when pubs or cinemas don't ?

"

Because there are less people in a cinema or pub maybe olthough I bet pubs are next

newcastle

Because there are less people in a cinema or pub maybe olthough I bet pubs are next "

Newcastle Arena holds 11,000 people, not many nightclubs hold that number. All queing up together, sitting next to each other, going to the bars in the Arena etc. Safer than a nightclub you think ?

Newcastle and Gateshead

Because there are less people in a cinema or pub maybe olthough I bet pubs are next

Newcastle Arena holds 11,000 people, not many nightclubs hold that number. All queing up together, sitting next to each other, going to the bars in the Arena etc. Safer than a nightclub you think ?"

Nope… but I am willing to bet that concerts for example are going to come under the crowded spaces legislation….

And as you say you think it will not become law I disagree… there are not going to be enough Tory mps that will rebel because labour I bet will back the government on this one

By *dam and slutCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

How many days now to lockdown Christmas ?

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

Temperature check is useless. It was never a diagnostic tool and delta variant often doesn't present with a high temperature anyway.

newcastle

Newcastle Arena holds 11,000 people, not many nightclubs hold that number. All queing up together, sitting next to each other, going to the bars in the Arena etc. Safer than a nightclub you think ?

Nope… but I am willing to bet that concerts for example are going to come under the crowded spaces legislation….

And as you say you think it will not become law I disagree… there are not going to be enough Tory mps that will rebel because labour I bet will back the government on this one "

It will never even get to a vote. Boris will say that it is no longer needed to take this action.

It's just a bit of arm twisting to get more people vaccinated.

Have you seen today's figures for first vaccinations ? Only something like 19,000.

Lets face it all who want to be vaccinated could have had a first jab, or both jabs by now. The Gov. can't / won't force people to be vaccinated so all they can do is try to apply pressure to persuade the "refusniks".

By *ookinkMan  over a year ago

Skegness

"I cannot have the vaccine due to allergies and previous health issues and nobody will advise me otherwise the doctor won’t even talk to me about it. That does not make me stupid "

I am same I was rushed into A&E and they never found out what set me off so no way am gambling. I do my test every day for work.

Newcastle and Gateshead

I am same I was rushed into A&E and they never found out what set me off so no way am gambling. I do my test every day for work. "

There will be medical exemptions… these will be given by doctors

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

"Seems they are all very different would be nice to get them all in one place.

So which clubs will be requiring testing and or covid passports..which just temperature checks etc or anything else.

Thanks "

Double Vaxx for Rios and Ab Fabs xxx

By *weet and SpiceCouple  over a year ago

Around the Midlands

Hi all,

Both Xtasia and Chams in b'ham are asking all attendees to have and show proof of either:

Both vaccines, (NHS App)

or have taken a recent (within 24 hours) Lateral Flow Test with a negative result (proof email from NHS Covid App or similar) Keeping us and them as safe as possible

However Attic has no restrictions or measures in place at all x

By *rSshMan  over a year ago

Poundbury

I won’t be attending any club that asks to see my medical records. A lot of clubs will go out of business if they go down this route.

"I won’t be attending any club that asks to see my medical records. A lot of clubs will go out of business if they go down this route. "
they aren't asking to see your medical records. It's a qr code and actually I think you will find more people saying they wouldn't go without the checks in place. Myself included in that

Pontypridd

"I won’t be attending any club that asks to see my medical records. A lot of clubs will go out of business if they go down this route. they aren't asking to see your medical records. It's a qr code and actually I think you will find more people saying they wouldn't go without the checks in place. Myself included in that "

Me too. And my swinger mates. I hope all clubs clearly advertise their policy so people can choose the one right for them.

Durham

"I won’t be attending any club that asks to see my medical records. A lot of clubs will go out of business if they go down this route. they aren't asking to see your medical records. It's a qr code and actually I think you will find more people saying they wouldn't go without the checks in place. Myself included in that "

As from the end of September all the clubs that have opened up without safety measure are going to have to put them in place by law. By then all the clubs doing the right thing will have seen their membership increase in our humble opinion. We for one/two are looking to gain new membership at 2 clubs that are requiring vaccines certification from opening this weekend. Respect to them clubs stepping up to the plate to keep us all as safe as they can

Durham

Thanks Keeley, we would most likely make a weekend of it so both Friday and Saturday. We'll give it a few weeks and let everyone get back and wait till it quiets down a bit, saying that from what we've been told it's always busy with it being a great club and would think now they are doing the right thing more people like us will be looking to go due to them being respectful towards their clientele with safety restrictions. We'll be looking out for for

See you in a few weeks then! "

Keeley, drop us a private message and we'll forward our face pics to you. We are going to contact Chams and sort out a visit with our NHS app at hand. It might not be till beginning of Sept as we have a visit to Isle of Man sorted in August, may we add only people double vaccinated can cross Isle of Man border too, so our vaccination certificate is getting well used

"I won’t be attending any club that asks to see my medical records. A lot of clubs will go out of business if they go down this route. "

They don’t want to see you medical records just you proof of vaccination. I don’t think they will as it will mandatory from sept

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

All my swinging friends prefer being with vaccinated people, and I feel safer too. I wouldn’t want to be with anti-vaxxed thank you.

I booked a ticket for Townhouse this Saturday and they are being really strict on entry requirements. I even had a reminder email yesterday about their Covid policy, so there was no room for turning up unprepared.

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

I totally agree. I wouldn't go without checks in place.

Dudley

I highly doubt it, the only thing that will happen is that clubs will be filled with people that actually give a shit about others.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm more than happy to show my Covid certification on entry to a club.

The South

They aren't asking for your medical records, just your Covid status, which is easy to provide.

Mountains and molehills.

A lot of clubs will go out of business a lot quicker if they don't apply Covid protocols and someone infects everyone in the club.

There's two choices, two paths, two outcomes. I know where we'll be spending our money.

E

Up North

"I'm more than happy to show my Covid certification on entry to a club."

Me too

By *orking Class GentMan  over a year ago

Warrington

" to be honest I think a recent negative test is more important than the vaccination status xx"

From the Grauniad:

Those who receive a negative result from LFTs may still have the virus – experts have previously said this means the tests should be seen as offering a “red light” rather than a “green light”.

The regulator responsible for approving coronavirus tests for use in the UK, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), has expressed concern to government that people may be falsely reassured if they test negative on an LFT.

The MHRA has authorised LFTs to be used as a “red light” test – to find infectious people and order them to self-isolate – but not as a “green light” test to allow people greater freedoms if they test negative. The regulator is concerned that the government’s universal testing programme blurs the lines between the two.

Durham

" to be honest I think a recent negative test is more important than the vaccination status xx

From the Grauniad:

Those who receive a negative result from LFTs may still have the virus – experts have previously said this means the tests should be seen as offering a “red light” rather than a “green light”.

The regulator responsible for approving coronavirus tests for use in the UK, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), has expressed concern to government that people may be falsely reassured if they test negative on an LFT.

The MHRA has authorised LFTs to be used as a “red light” test – to find infectious people and order them to self-isolate – but not as a “green light” test to allow people greater freedoms if they test negative. The regulator is concerned that the government’s universal testing programme blurs the lines between the two."

There will be no testing come the end of September, it will be fully vaccinated only. Looks like more venues/events are going to be added to this law over the next few days/weeks

" to be honest I think a recent negative test is more important than the vaccination status xx

From the Grauniad:

The MHRA has authorised LFTs to be used as a “red light” test – to find infectious people and order them to self-isolate – but not as a “green light” test to allow people greater freedoms if they test negative. The regulator is concerned that the government’s universal testing programme blurs the lines between the two.

There will be no testing come the end of September, it will be fully vaccinated only. Looks like more venues/events are going to be added to this law over the next few days/weeks "

in a way I do disagree with it going to vaccination only... just as I'd rather it be vaccination and a negative test x

"Hi all,

Both Xtasia and Chams in b'ham are asking all attendees to have and show proof of either:

Both vaccines, (NHS App)

or have taken a recent (within 24 hours) Lateral Flow Test with a negative result (proof email from NHS Covid App or similar) Keeping us and them as safe as possible

"

How would you know if the Attic has or not?

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

"I'm more than happy to show my Covid certification on entry to a club.

Me too"

I agree, to be honest I wouldn’t want to be intimate with anyone who had not been vaccinated and had a recent test.

Manchester (she/her)

From the Grauniad:

There will be no testing come the end of September, it will be fully vaccinated only. Looks like more venues/events are going to be added to this law over the next few days/weeks in a way I do disagree with it going to vaccination only... just as I'd rather it be vaccination and a negative test x"

I wonder if they're going to phase regular testing out.

By *ewcouplemidsCouple  over a year ago

walsall

From the Grauniad:

The MHRA has authorised LFTs to be used as a “red light” test – to find infectious people and order them to self-isolate – but not as a “green light” test to allow people greater freedoms if they test negative. The regulator is concerned that the government’s universal testing programme blurs the lines between the two."

So what your saying is LFT tests find people who have the virus

So that's why a negative test is being asked for

OK they are not 100% but surely better than nothing

Durham

"Hi all,

Both vaccines, (NHS App)

How would you know if the Attic has or not?"

Due to being told by staff who work there.

Durham

From the Grauniad:

There will be no testing come the end of September, it will be fully vaccinated only. Looks like more venues/events are going to be added to this law over the next few days/weeks in a way I do disagree with it going to vaccination only... just as I'd rather it be vaccination and a negative test x

I wonder if they're going to phase regular testing out."

That was our thinking. As LFT will no longer be free after August we were thinking The government were introducing vaccine certificates so there is no extra expense to attend. We know vaccine isn't 100% but 75% is better than zero. The world has changed, people should realise normal is different now

Manchester (she/her)

From the Grauniad:

There will be no testing come the end of September, it will be fully vaccinated only. Looks like more venues/events are going to be added to this law over the next few days/weeks in a way I do disagree with it going to vaccination only... just as I'd rather it be vaccination and a negative test x

I wonder if they're going to phase regular testing out.

That was our thinking. As LFT will no longer be free after August we were thinking The government were introducing vaccine certificates so there is no extra expense to attend. We know vaccine isn't 100% but 75% is better than zero. The world has changed, people should realise normal is different now "

I know in the US, they only worry about Covid if it lands you in hospital or you aren't vaccinated

"Hi all,

Both vaccines, (NHS App)

Due to being told by staff who work there. "

it is also on one of the threads and I believe on the website too

Up North

"Hi all,

Both vaccines, (NHS App)

Due to being told by staff who work there. it is also on one of the threads and I believe on the website too"

By *layPrincessDaddyBearCouple  over a year ago

Bracknell

Well I’m just going to enjoy the next few weeks whilst I can then looks like I have to give up this lifestyle.... no I’m not an anti vaxxer... but I do have issues that mean I can’t have the jab but it’s virtually impossible to get a medical exemption... even though I’ve been told not to have it by medical professionals I’m not able to get an exemption. I’m still trying but it’s not looking good. I’m gutted that at the age of 36 I’m going to have to stop doing the things I love like this and others ie nightclubs festivals holidays. Absolutely gutting

Dudley

"Well I’m just going to enjoy the next few weeks whilst I can then looks like I have to give up this lifestyle.... no I’m not an anti vaxxer... but I do have issues that mean I can’t have the jab but it’s virtually impossible to get a medical exemption... even though I’ve been told not to have it by medical professionals I’m not able to get an exemption. I’m still trying but it’s not looking good. I’m gutted that at the age of 36 I’m going to have to stop doing the things I love like this and others ie nightclubs festivals holidays. Absolutely gutting "

I think if you've been told you can't have it for a medical reason you should be exempt, I'd definitely challenge it.

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

"Well I’m just going to enjoy the next few weeks whilst I can then looks like I have to give up this lifestyle.... no I’m not an anti vaxxer... but I do have issues that mean I can’t have the jab but it’s virtually impossible to get a medical exemption... even though I’ve been told not to have it by medical professionals I’m not able to get an exemption. I’m still trying but it’s not looking good. I’m gutted that at the age of 36 I’m going to have to stop doing the things I love like this and others ie nightclubs festivals holidays. Absolutely gutting "

Hopefully things will start getting to a better place in a year or so.

if there is a medical reason why you can't have it then you can get an exemption

"Hi all,

Both vaccines, (NHS App)

Due to being told by staff who work there. it is also on one of the threads and I believe on the website too"

I asked the other day and was told there are no requirements to entry. It may change come September we shall see xx

By *euve4usCouple  over a year ago

Teddington

"Seems they are all very different would be nice to get them all in one place.

Thanks "

We went to Abfabs and this is the requirement from their website (it’s in their blog section)

We will be implementing the covid jab check. We feel this is socially responsible to minimise the risk to all.

So could you all ensure you have the NHS app to prove your status or Exemption, or a PCR test with results within 24 hours of your attendance.

We will grant you enter for the next 8 weeks if you have had a single vaccine. This will give people time to get fully vaccinated. After this time we have a feeling it will be compulsory to be fully vaccinated before entering any hospitality venue.

By *avana8817Man  over a year ago

Consett

Our rules are crystal clear, why should the fact that you may have to pay for lateral flow tests later make a blind bit of difference. Do the sensible thing and get a few packs in, one pack will give you enough per person for seven parties....Some people!"

You are a really rude person.

Durham

Clubs are not the be all in this lifestyle and these vaccine passports to get into them won't last forever. We are sure that since government have decided to go in this direction exempt certificates will become easier to obtain once September arrives and the law comes into place. Think 119 the NHS covid line could be a better route rather than your doctor, some doctors will not entertain covid questions and help with notes. Sure it will all get sorted for the legitimate people

By *i winkersCouple  over a year ago

manchester

"Not been to your club before but because of your stance on COVID requirements we will be coming soon. Thank you.x

Oops ment for Secrets post forgot the reply and quote bit!!!"

It’s a brilliant club we will be there in September

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Durham

Our search in this lifestyle is for respectful people. Our search for clubs will be the same, respectful clubs that have stepped up to the plate from reopening to keep all clients and staff as safe as they can.

By *rSshMan  over a year ago

Poundbury

So will all those who are pleased clubs are asking for proof or sight of the NHS app - will they also be asking the same for private meets/parties or isn’t that the same…

Yes I understand the statics involved but does sound like an awful lot of virtue signalling here…