FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Liberty Elite New Horizons

Liberty Elite New Horizons

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ibertyelite OP   Couple  over a year ago

LUTTERWORTH

As my 80th |Birthday approaches just a few months away, I really must turn my thoughts as to how best to safeguard the future of Liberty Elite which is considered by many to be the foremost Swingers and Fetish Venue in the UK.

So despite being in extremely good health and having previously planned to continue for another 5 years or so, I feel that now may be an appropriate time to consider handing over to someone who is younger who should thus be able to take the club forward and bring a new dynamic to the venue.

So for those who wish to make the club their lifestyle, there are I believe two sensible options.

Option one, would be to purchase the business assets of the club and to rent the premises from me.

Option two, would be to purchase the business assets of the club and purchase the Freehold property from me.

It should be realised that even option one will require available funds of £350,000 which will need to be confirmed prior to negotiations, thus minimising time wasted for all parties.

For further information please email the club for the attention of John.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oublethefunMan  over a year ago

Midlands, london

Wow, if all the stars were to aline for us then it would sertanly be a venture worth looking into as the possibilities are endless. Angela&clive. X

By *oublethefunMan  over a year ago

Midlands, london

"Wow, if all the stars were to aline for us then it would sertanly be a venture worth looking into as the possibilities are endless. Angela&clive. X"

How sad someone feels it important to point out a spelling mistake in my post. For all those it offends I will apologise and correct ... certainly not sertanly there it is now correct

By *portyndNaughtyMan  over a year ago

Nearby Hinckley

Sad to hear your stepping down John. Nevertheless it is a sensible decision my friend. Hoping whoever assumes the management or purchase the whole business carries on building up on such a special place you have built over the years. Fingers crossed.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What's the meterage of the site could it be more for development might be worth a look.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Thanks for all the memories. Hope you find a buyer who can continue such a great club.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

I would if I could. But good luck finding someone.

By *ne life live it 1978Woman  over a year ago

long eaton

Thats such sad news John but thank you for the entertainment over the last 2 years I've been attending your amazing club...I hope you manage to find a good manager or an investor that wants to keep this amazing club going...wish you the best for the future John x

By *andkitten2Couple  over a year ago

Folkestone

£350k to buy a club? I’d find a space and kit it out myself fit half that. Insane price regardless of how the business is going.

Wonderful memories of fun times at Liberty Elite.

I vividly remember approx 20 years ago in the days of Gina and Colin being interviewed by John as a single guy to gain access on a Friday evening.

Being just over 40 was apparently pushing it age wise for the female clientele!

Roll on to 2010 and my now wife expressed a desire to enjoy my lifestyle.

A couple of hours in Libs confirmed she sure did.

Then of course there was the first aid job and entry into the accident book when I slipped and cut my backside when leaving the hot tub.

Mature Mischief lived up to its name.

I hope you pass the business on to a pair of safe hands.

By *iberatedPairCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk

"£350k to buy a club? I’d find a space and kit it out myself fit half that. Insane price regardless of how the business is going. "

Are you sure, have you seen the price of materials right now. I have recently attended a club and know the cost of totally renovating it and fully furnishing it was more than 350k.

By *illow-TalkMan  over a year ago

Shipston-on-Stour

"£350k to buy a club? I’d find a space and kit it out myself fit half that. Insane price regardless of how the business is going. "

Maybe in 1977 but not in 2021

By *iberatedPairCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk

"£350k to buy a club? I’d find a space and kit it out myself fit half that. Insane price regardless of how the business is going.

Maybe in 1977 but not in 2021"

Correct

Nearby Hinckley

£350K includes the property freehold. It is prime real estate. Similar property prices in Lutterworth and Rugby.

"£350K includes the property freehold. It is prime real estate. Similar property prices in Lutterworth and Rugby."

No it doesn’t. John clearly states 350k is for the business assets only and to then lease it from him. Option 2 was to buy the site freehold and he didn’t state a price for this

Nearby Hinckley

"£350K includes the property freehold. It is prime real estate. Similar property prices in Lutterworth and Rugby.

No it doesn’t. John clearly states 350k is for the business assets only and to then lease it from him. Option 2 was to buy the site freehold and he didn’t state a price for this "

Apologies you are correct.

Folkestone

"£350k to buy a club? I’d find a space and kit it out myself fit half that. Insane price regardless of how the business is going.

Are you sure, have you seen the price of materials right now. I have recently attended a club and know the cost of totally renovating it and fully furnishing it was more than 350k. "

100% sure

Folkestone

Maybe in 1977 but not in 2021"

Not a chance. I know my business maths.

How’s the search going John ?

By *k4meCouple  over a year ago

Hull

Our first ever club 8 years ago and still our fave, hope you find the right people John to take it over xx

By *eetme_todayMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Maybe in 1977 but not in 2021

Not a chance. I know my business maths. "

Yeah you could find a space and kit it out for half that cost……then run a club for twenty plus years to build up a client base to make a profitable business

By *ina VonteeseTV/TS  over a year ago

Leicester

Wishing you every success in finding a suitable like-minded lifestyler who can take over the reigns ,make the investment and continue the work you have exceptionally achieved in building up the reputation quality and creating one of the finest clubs in the land

Cost well given the price stated a investment of that value and realistic profit margin against ongoing costs by year 7 I would envisage break even point.

A business like this is a investment and a vocation!

It is ,not an easy fast profit machine ,or a private equity project to strip its assets

Flip its accounts and bleed it dry then sell off the land to developers !

Oh if I won the lottery ?

What fun !

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Probably good but in business you also buy what is known as "goodwill" which is the customer base who know and trust the business. You could fit a club out for less but probably not to a good standard and have to start from scratch so that would include all the permits, insurance, etc I could go on. The price he is quoting is to buy a thriving and going concern not a start up.

By *horty4Man  over a year ago

london

Probably good but in business you also buy what is known as "goodwill" which is the customer base who know and trust the business. You could fit a club out for less but probably not to a good standard and have to start from scratch so that would include all the permits, insurance, etc I could go on. The price he is quoting is to buy a thriving and going concern not a start up."

Very much this. Starting from scratch you’d have to cover the cost of months of low attendance while you build up a client base. The country is full of failed hospitality businesses that sound good but die in the first year because they can’t ramp up the inflow of cash quickly enough.

Wondered if any update on this ? Did the OP have any luck

By *latinumPlayersCouple  over a year ago

Lutterworth

"Wondered if any update on this ? Did the OP have any luck "

The short answer is NO the OP still owns and manages the club himself.

There were developments but it didn't work out.

By *ctionman10Man  over a year ago

london

"Wondered if any update on this ? Did the OP have any luck

The short answer is NO the OP still owns and manages the club himself.

There were developments but it didn't work out.

Did the new people step away already then? I was there in feb and i thought there was a new couple introducing themselves?

"

» Add a new message to this topic